What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Flacco, IND (4 Viewers)

To those arguing in favour of the defense, something else to keep in mind is that it is a lot easier to hold the opposing team to less than 17 points when the offense isn't turning the ball over, giving the other team short fields, etc., and when the offense is sustaining drives and keeping the defense (and opposing offense) off the field.

No one should confuse Flacco with Brady, but give the guy his due.
:shrug: He's even outplaying Brady today :shrug:

To those arguing in favour of the defense, something else to keep in mind is that it is a lot easier to hold the opposing team to less than 17 points when the offense isn't turning the ball over, giving the other team short fields, etc., and when the offense is sustaining drives and keeping the defense (and opposing offense) off the field.

No one should confuse Flacco with Brady, but give the guy his due.
:shrug: He's even outplaying Brady today :shrug:
3rd straight time he's done that. All in NE mind you.

Guess he's only in the running for second best playoff QB of all time :shrug: start shoveling the dirt.

on the plus side, since NE scored more than 17 points, Flacco's stats will count today

C'mon Joe, feed me some crow and kill the Patriots. I want that crow in my mouth so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Joe Flacco - QB - Ravens

Joe Flacco completed 28-of-45 passes for 292 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions in the Ravens' 35-31, Divisional Round loss to the Patriots.

Flacco started off the game white hot, capping each of Baltimore's first two drives with touchdowns, and entering halftime with three scores. "January Joe" soon turned into "Normal Joe," however, as Flacco posted a 1:1 TD:INT ratio after the break. Flacco was by no means bad, but his second pick was an air-mailed disaster that essentially sealed the game for New England. It was an up-and-down ending to what was arguably Flacco's best season. Flacco's 27 scores were a new career best, while he completed more than 60 percent of his passes for the first time since 2010. Flacco was guided by OC Gary Kubiak, who could be bolting for a head-coaching job. It would be a big loss for the soon-to-be 30-year-old passer.

Jan 10 - 8:21 PM

Flacco has still won more road playoff games than any QB in history and is one of only a handful with a winning playoff road record (Rodgers, Eli, Roethlisberger)
I like Flacco, but since you felt obligated to denigrate (not surprising) the fact that Brady will be playing in his NINTH AFCC (9 out of 14) let me reply in kind.

Perhaps if Flacco was a little more consistent (IE better) his teams wouldn't be forced to go on the road so much :whistle:

Just sayin..................

Flacco has still won more road playoff games than any QB in history and is one of only a handful with a winning playoff road record (Rodgers, Eli, Roethlisberger)
I like Flacco, but since you felt obligated to denigrate (not surprising) the fact that Brady will be playing in his NINTH AFCC (9 out of 14) let me reply in kind.

Perhaps if Flacco was a little more consistent (IE better) his teams wouldn't be forced to go on the road so much :whistle:

We know Flacco never cheated. Just sayin.....

If I say something negative about Brady it doesn't mean I don't think he's a HOF'er and one of the best to ever play. He does have advantages that other QB's don't have, that's a fact.

Flacco may not be a great regular season QB but he's one of the greats in the playoffs - 25 TD, 10 INT in 15 playoffs games, 12 of which were on the road.

If I say something negative about Brady it doesn't mean I don't think he's a HOF'er and one of the best to ever play. He does have advantages that other QB's don't have, that's a fact.

Flacco may not be a great regular season QB but he's one of the greats in the playoffs - 25 TD, 10 INT in 15 playoffs games, 12 of which were on the road.
Other than having a great HC what Brady facts are you referring to?

Flacco was awesome (immense) during his SB run for sure and he definitely has some impressive playoff numbers. But he has hardly done it all by himself, in fact in half of those 12 road wins he threw for less than 200 yards. Again I like him and its all good; I really only posted in reply to your Brady post.

Flacco was awesome (immense) during his SB run for sure and he definitely has some impressive playoff numbers. But he has hardly done it all by himself, in fact in half of those 12 road wins he threw for less than 200 yards. Again I like him and its all good; I really only posted in reply to your Brady post.
:goodposting:

Flacco played a pretty good game today. I have never changed my opinion that Flacco is a good NFL QB but one of the greats in the playoffs :wall: he has had 1 amazing post season. He had a good post season this year as well but we are now talking about 2 of the last 3 years and none of the first 4 years.

He is getting CLOSER to being one of the best in the post season but I still want to see more and see him stay at a high level as well. By the way that doesn't mean he has to not throw another INT all next postseason he just needs to build on having great days behind center.

Flacco sucks :) He's certainly no playoff Brady..
#### DBC. Brady needed help from Edelman to win this game.
Flacco choked when it meant the most. That's the only thing that matters.
100% not fair as Flacco was the one to carry the team today. He came up a touch short but the last person I would pin this loss on is Flacco at the same time this is 100% why W-L of a QB is not the end all be all in the playoffs as there is a lot out of their control.

He played extremely well today. If he wasn't up against an extremely good team he'd be going to the AFC Championship game. And, he was right there with that extremely good team right to the end, so that says a lot.

Maybe if his defense kept NE below 17 points...

I like Flacco, but since you felt obligated to denigrate (not surprising) the fact that Brady will be playing in his NINTH AFCC (9 out of 14) let me reply in kind.Perhaps if Flacco was a little more consistent (IE better) his teams wouldn't be forced to go on the road so much :whistle:

Other than having a great HC what Brady facts are you referring to?Flacco was awesome (immense) during his SB run for sure and he definitely has some impressive playoff numbers. But he has hardly done it all by himself, in fact in half of those 12 road wins he threw for less than 200 yards. Again I like him and its all good; I really only posted in reply to your Brady post.
:goodposting: Flacco played a pretty good game today. I have never changed my opinion that Flacco is a good NFL QB but one of the greats in the playoffs :wall: he has had 1 amazing post season. He had a good post season this year as well but we are now talking about 2 of the last 3 years and none of the first 4 years.

He is getting CLOSER to being one of the best in the post season but I still want to see more and see him stay at a high level as well. By the way that doesn't mean he has to not throw another INT all next postseason he just needs to build on having great days behind center.
:goodposting: I think we are on the same page. I always consider him a good QB (not great).

Flacco played a pretty good game today. I have never changed my opinion that Flacco is a good NFL QB but one of the greats in the playoffs :wall: he has had 1 amazing post season. He had a good post season this year as well but we are now talking about 2 of the last 3 years and none of the first 4 years.

I'm sure Joe is losing sleeping waiting to hear personally from you to validate how good he is/isn't.

I'm sure Joe is losing sleeping waiting to hear personally from you to validate how good he is/isn't.
Sorry your team lost.... (not sarcastic) - So you agree CSTU Flacco is one of the greatest playoff QBs? or you just feel like taking shots at me? Hopefully Joe Flacco reads this one :rolleyes: .

No other QB is better than 7-5 on the road in the playoffs. Only two of those wins were the year he won the Super Bowl. :shrug:

No other QB is better than 7-5 on the road in the playoffs. Only two of those wins were the year he won the Super Bowl. :shrug:
:confused:

Eli Manning is 5-1

January Joe was impressive tonight, but that last throw was Joetober all the way. What a bad decision.

Great game save for two bonehead throws. The 4th down conversion just prior to the int was great. I don't know what happened on that last throw but the offense was under such pressure to score that maybe he forced it. Anyone who watched the game and didn't come away pretty impressed with Joe is just hating to hate.

Brady was awesome btw.

Great game save for two bonehead throws. The 4th down conversion just prior to the int was great. I don't know what happened on that last throw but the offense was under such pressure to score that maybe he forced it. Anyone who watched the game and didn't come away pretty impressed with Joe is just hating to hate.

Brady was awesome btw.
Both QBs played great. Brady, of course, is an all-timer. Flacco did nothing, in my eyes, to take the shine off of his best season or his playoff performances.

Users who are viewing this thread