What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (8 Viewers)

Todd continues to intrigue me. No emotion whatsoever at seeing Mike's dead body. Obviously a sociopath. Will probably become the next Gus.

Great episode. If we didn't see the machine gun it would be easy to predict a Walt v hank showdown. But the gun makes speculation tough.

there will be people extrapolating by the length, width and depth of the pile how much money is there. I almost feel like AMC should have set this up as a contest, like guessing the number of jelly beans in the jar.
Thought the same exact thing.
It's a lot of money. $5mil fit easily in two duffel bags. There were a lot of duffel bags worth. I worked on a show once where we had to "prop" a similar pile of money. I remember how disappointed the producers were when they saw "A Million Dollars!!!" was tiny. I think a million dollars in hundreds is one cubic foot. Ballparking 6 feet wide x 6 feet deep x 2 feet high, half in hundreds, half in fifties, that comes out to about $54 million.

The fact that she couldn't launder it with a dozen car washes means its more than 12 million. My guess would be around 50 considering he was doing 6.66 with Lydia every shipment and three months had passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Todd will have some major role in the ending of this series. I could see him taking over or killing Walter.

One thing is for sure - Walter will die. We just don't know how.

The fact that she couldn't launder it with a dozen car washes means its more than 12 million. My guess would be around 50 considering he was doing 6.66 with Lydia every shipment and three months had passed.
Maybe I am missing some parts of the chronology, but was this money earned before or after Skyler reveals that she gave 600K to Berneke, which made it seem that Walt was bankrupt?The "Crawlspace" episode.

Well - I think Lilly is going to ingest the Ricin and all hell will break lose. I also think Hank may break bad as well and become the new Mike. That, or he will quit his job and return to a simpler time of marking trees.

Well - I think Lilly is going to ingest the Ricin and all hell will break lose. I also think Hank may break bad as well and become the new Mike. That, or he will quit his job and return to a simpler time of marking trees.
Whose Lilly? And no, Hank has now got his laser sites on Walt

The first sentence in Gale's 'Lab Notes' book referenced in the flashback scene (episode 404) was

"To W.W.

My star, my perfect silence"

Hank and Walt were looking over it and Hank asked who W.W. was... Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka? Walter White? Walt tells Hank that it's Walt Whitman because he saw the 'Learn'd Astronomer' poem elsewhere in the lab notes which contains the line about looking up at the stars in perfect silence.

I dont like the way it ended. As good as a detective that the show has made hank out to be, how on earth will they write in an escape route for Walt. And by escape I mean, how would he ever realistically catch wind of the fact that Hank has him until it's too late? Who is going to tip him off?

The only way it happens is if someone on the inside (DEA) is dirty. Hanks olf partner/BFF? :confused:

I dont like the way it ended. As good as a detective that the show has made hank out to be, how on earth will they write in an escape route for Walt. And by escape I mean, how would he ever realistically catch wind of the fact that Hank has him until it's too late? Who is going to tip him off?The only way it happens is if someone on the inside (DEA) is dirty. Hanks olf partner/BFF? :confused:
It doesn't seem impossible. :shrug:

Wait...how come we aren't talking about Hank having a light come on?Surely it can't be that simple that he suddenly is taking a #### and realizes walter is the guy. It has to be something else that occurred to him...?
Hank is good. And Hank still has a hard on for Gale. What bugged me a little is the book was in the Master Bedroom bathroom. What was Hank doing going in there?
Maybe for what he was going to do, he wanted a bathroom that wasn't as much in earshot and one that was less likely to get used before it aired out.

Wait...how come we aren't talking about Hank having a light come on?Surely it can't be that simple that he suddenly is taking a #### and realizes walter is the guy. It has to be something else that occurred to him...?
What do you mean? The book that Gale gave Walt is what put it together for him.
He's probably connecting all the stuff like Walt is a chemist, all the money from gambling. He's probably like it all fits and it was right in front of my face.

Todd continues to intrigue me. No emotion whatsoever at seeing Mike's dead body. Obviously a sociopath. Will probably become the next Gus.
Todd doesn't seem smart enough. Like when he shot the kid, he is more reactionary and acts before thinking. I don't think Gus would kill that kid.

I dont like the way it ended. As good as a detective that the show has made hank out to be, how on earth will they write in an escape route for Walt. And by escape I mean, how would he ever realistically catch wind of the fact that Hank has him until it's too late? Who is going to tip him off?The only way it happens is if someone on the inside (DEA) is dirty. Hanks olf partner/BFF? :confused:
What doesnt? that he'd get tipped off in a way other than a DEA leak?

I dont like the way it ended. As good as a detective that the show has made hank out to be, how on earth will they write in an escape route for Walt. And by escape I mean, how would he ever realistically catch wind of the fact that Hank has him until it's too late?
How does Hank have him? The witnesses are dead. Walt's out of the business.The government is not going to get a conviction based on a Walt Whitman poem.

What doesnt? that he'd get tipped off in a way other than a DEA leak?
If Hank says something to his wife, she's shown she can't keep a secret more than 5 min. She'll talk to her sister to find out if she knows anything.

I dont like the way it ended. As good as a detective that the show has made hank out to be, how on earth will they write in an escape route for Walt. And by escape I mean, how would he ever realistically catch wind of the fact that Hank has him until it's too late?
How does Hank have him? The witnesses are dead. Walt's out of the business.The government is not going to get a conviction based on a Walt Whitman poem.
Pinkman rats him out. THAT's how! :coffee:

The money.

Finger prints on the book, hand writing analysis might be part but they'll need more evidence for sure. I think Walt would protect his wife and Jesse over himself. Jesse wouldn't flip on Walt but the wife might if she thought she and Walt were going to jail.What if Hank sees all the money and says F-it, "Walt, you now have a partner in the DEA."

hank will turn on walt but walt isn't out like he told skyler he was, he's also got the cancer back and didn't tell that either. so in his mind he's going to die but he's going to keep his empire to the end, presumably to pass it on to either jesse or todd. he'll do everything he can to fool skyler but hank will be quietly building his case agains walt. near the end walt will confront hank, skyler will figure out walts not out, todd will turn out to be part of the declan group, and all hell will break loose, but ultimately i think walt dies alone like Mike did, either in a hospice or in a murder, but no family or friends

The government is not going to get a conviction based on a Walt Whitman poem.
No, but this is certainly the spark for Hank. He knows Pinkman knows Walt (from the 'fugue state' search when Hank talked to Mrs. Pinkman). He knows that Walt's science classroom was missing some of the meth-making supplies. He knows Walt has a ton of money all of a sudden. He certainly knows Walt's a chemistry genius. I don't think anyone is suggesting that the next episode starts with Hank storming out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles, telling Walt he's under arrest. I'm sure that Hank's investigation will be the subject of many future episodes as he undertakes putting 'real' evidence together.

A bit confused over the Whitman book.

Had Hank seen this book before? In the flashback part was Hank reading the same inscription to Walter? While in the flashback it never occurred to Hank that "W.W." was Walter but it does now?

A bit confused over the Whitman book.Had Hank seen this book before? In the flashback part was Hank reading the same inscription to Walter? While in the flashback it never occurred to Hank that "W.W." was Walter but it does now?
Hank hadn't seen that book before. IIRC, in the notebook of Gale's which Hank found after his death, Gale mentioned something about "W.W." being his inspiration. I may not have that quite right, but it sounds familiar. And yes, he now connected the "W.W" dots.

A bit confused over the Whitman book.Had Hank seen this book before? In the flashback part was Hank reading the same inscription to Walter? While in the flashback it never occurred to Hank that "W.W." was Walter but it does now?
Hank hadn't seen that book before. IIRC, in the notebook of Gale's which Hank found after his death, Gale mentioned something about "W.W." being his inspiration. I may not have that quite right, but it sounds familiar. And yes, he now connected the "W.W" dots.
The way I see this is that Hank has always had an arrogance over Walter. Mike had an arrogance about Walt as well and that was why he let Walt bring him the bag and argued with him about the names. Walt is going to go down because of his arrogance. Hank has been knocked down a few pegs and isn't so arrogant, and is now able to see what was right under his nose the entire time, just like was said about Gus earlier.

Yeah coming back to me a bit. So now seeing "W.W." along with "G.B." again brings it home.

The jailhouse killing montage really an example of the advantages cable channels have over the networks. That montage was insane and had me griping.

The government is not going to get a conviction based on a Walt Whitman poem.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the next episode starts with Hank storming out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles, telling Walt he's under arrest. I'm sure that Hank's investigation will be the subject of many future episodes as he undertakes putting 'real' evidence together.
Correct. By "got him" I mean he has the drop on him.

In the previews last week there was a quick shot of Hank interrogating one of the 9 and he says something like "there are two of them"....

but that wasnt in this episode

Hank benefited from the drug money so things might not be so easy for him.
He doesn't know that though. It was kept a secret from him that Walt was paying for his rehab.
Yup. But now I suspect he's going to find out, and that's going to be further "evidence" to other people at the DEA that Hank actually knew all along. I really like how this part of the story is turning out. Walt actually seems to have some leverage over Hank.

Hank benefited from the drug money so things might not be so easy for him.
He doesn't know that though. It was kept a secret from him that Walt was paying for his rehab.
Yup. But now I suspect he's going to find out, and that's going to be further "evidence" to other people at the DEA that Hank actually knew all along. I really like how this part of the story is turning out. Walt actually seems to have some leverage over Hank.
That's a good point. Could sweep Hank's case right out from under him.

Could sweep Hank's case right out from under him.
I'm not sure whether Hank will actually even pursue the case now. Let's say he confronts Walt. At that point Walt could just say "if you tell anyone I'll claim you were in on it and I'll bring you down with me." How does Hank deal with that?

I'm not sure whether Hank will actually even pursue the case now. Let's say he confronts Walt. At that point Walt could just say "if you tell anyone I'll claim you were in on it and I'll bring you down with me." How does Hank deal with that?
I think we've seen that he's as committed and persistent as is possible to finding and catching Heisenberg. I can't see him not pursuing it. Walt's gotten himself out of sticky situations. Hank may not be as book smart as Walt but he's extremely good and extremely determined at what he does. I'm sure he'll try to find a way.

I think we've seen that he's as committed and persistent as is possible to finding and catching Heisenberg. I can't see him not pursuing it. Walt's gotten himself out of sticky situations. Hank may not be as book smart as Walt but he's extremely good and extremely determined at what he does. I'm sure he'll try to find a way.
That's why it's such good storytelling. Hank's been singlemindedly pursuing this since the series started. Now that he knows the answer, though, it's not quite clear what he can do with the information. Walt seems to have him by the balls. "And then Hank told me that the lawyer flipped and they were going to get Mike, so I called Mike just in time so he could escape." "Hank told me the cops were close to finding the meth lab in the basement of the laundry so I burned it down."Walt also has whatever he learned from tapping Hank's phone and computer. He can make Hank look guilty as ####.

He also has a sympathy card to play with Hank. "I'm dying of cancer. Is it really worth putting my/your family through this? Especially when it seems likely to embarass/incriminate you?"

And I guess he has the money card too, not sure how Hank would respond to that. "I'll give you $20 million to keep quiet."

Users who are viewing this thread