What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (7 Viewers)

Hold on, who's Landry again?
Nobody. There is no Landry in Breaking Bad.
There is a Todd, though. :mellow:
Why all the mentioning of Landry?
Todd is Landry the same way that Modern Family's Jay Pritchett is Al Bundy.
or Armageddon's Harry Stamper to Die Hard's John McClaine.
#headxplode

I'll just assume it's some moronic post cluttering up an otherwise awesome thread
Are you really this dense in real life? Does Google not work for you?

The guy that plays Todd (also known as the blonde guy that shot the kid) = a popular character from Friday Night Lights (a TV series based off a movie).

Good freaking lord.
Never seen it. Is it any good?

Hold on, who's Landry again?
Nobody. There is no Landry in Breaking Bad.
There is a Todd, though. :mellow:
Why all the mentioning of Landry?
Todd is Landry the same way that Modern Family's Jay Pritchett is Al Bundy.
or Armageddon's Harry Stamper to Die Hard's John McClaine.
#headxplode

I'll just assume it's some moronic post cluttering up an otherwise awesome thread
Are you really this dense in real life? Does Google not work for you?

The guy that plays Todd (also known as the blonde guy that shot the kid) = a popular character from Friday Night Lights (a TV series based off a movie).

Good freaking lord.
Never seen it. Is it any good?
Yeah... The part where cousin Eddie empties his ####ter into the storm sewer is classic.

Why is this suddenly edited for language on Netflix?
Most of the language was not edited out when I ran through it on netflix a few weeks ago, but Jesse saying, "Then get the f- out of here," to Walt following their fist fight was (the f-word was muted). I thought that was odd.

Why is this suddenly edited for language on Netflix?
Most of the language was not edited out when I ran through it on netflix a few weeks ago, but Jesse saying, "Then get the f- out of here," to Walt following their fist fight was (the f-word was muted). I thought that was odd.
That's when I noticed too. Now all of season 5 is as well. Weird.
mike's final shut the f up and let me die in peace is not edited. just watched it again tonight

So how did they know the tanker would stop on the bridge? The intersection was where it was. It's not like they could have stopped it any closer or further away even if they wanted to.

So how did they know the tanker would stop on the bridge? The intersection was where it was. It's not like they could have stopped it any closer or further away even if they wanted to.
Science, b itch.
and a tape measure b itch!!
My point is if Lydia told them the it was any car other than the 3-4 that were in the vicinity of the bridge, they were ####ed.

Really odd that some episodes are edited for language on Netflix, but others aren't.

Science, b itch.
My point is if Lydia told them the it was any car other than the 3-4 that were in the vicinity of the bridge, they were ####ed.

Really odd that some episodes are edited for language on Netflix, but others aren't.
Lydia was also able to make sure it was the Nth car in the train when it was put together. "That's what she does"

Sarnoff said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
prosopis said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Science, b itch.

Lydia was also able to make sure it was the Nth car in the train when it was put together. "That's what she does"
Good work then Lydia.

'Breaking Bad': You'll be astonished -- again

Don't assume you know.

While that's good advice in most every situation, it's a near-essential mantra when it comes to watching AMC's staggering Breaking Bad (**** out of four, 9 ET/PT), which begins its final eight-episode run Sunday. Time and again, Vince Gilligan's classic-in-the-making has led us to think teacher-turned-meth-king Walter White had reached a corner from which he could not escape, or a crime even he was unwilling to commit – only to have him escape or commit in ways that left viewers reeling.

So when you saw Walt's DEA-agent brother-in-law Hank (Dean Norris) discover a bit of incriminating evidence in last season's finale, you should not have assumed the case was absolutely closed. Just as when you see Walt in Sunday's opening scene, it would be unwise to presume you know how he got there or where his story is headed. Very few shows can match Bad's ability to pull off honest, earned surprises that stay true to the characters and their universe – and chances are the show has a few more in store.

Still, a mere hour into this final run, here's something you will be able to take for granted. Bryan Cranston is still turning in a transformative, unimpeachable performance as Walt, who remains one of the greatest dramatic creations ever to grace our TV screens. What Cranston and his utterly fearless series have allowed us to watch over the past five seasons is the complete moral disintegration of a man who thought he could dabble in drugs for the money and come away untouched. Taken as a whole, Bad is a far more convincing anti-drug screed than any educational film ever shown in our high schools.

What's amazing about Walt is that he remains unconvinced. He still thinks he can take the money and create a whole new life with his wife and son (Anna Gunn and R.J. Mitte who, like everyone in the cast, are pitch perfect). Obstacles may be posed by Hank, but Walt's willingness to explore ways around them provide the opener with some of its most chilling moments.

Then again, these days with Bad, almost anything can provide a chilling moment. Aaron Paul's Jesse, the show's sometimes wonky moral compass, only has to leave a room to set your nerves on edge, wondering what will happen when he returns. That's a tribute to the writers, obviously, but it's also a tribute to Paul, who always seems to be on the verge of either imploding or exploding – and may even be able to pull off both at once.

I wouldn't assume he can't.

'Breaking Bad': You'll be astonished -- again

Don't assume you know.

While that's good advice in most every situation, it's a near-essential mantra when it comes to watching AMC's staggering Breaking Bad (**** out of four, 9 ET/PT), which begins its final eight-episode run Sunday. Time and again, Vince Gilligan's classic-in-the-making has led us to think teacher-turned-meth-king Walter White had reached a corner from which he could not escape, or a crime even he was unwilling to commit – only to have him escape or commit in ways that left viewers reeling.

So when you saw Walt's DEA-agent brother-in-law Hank (Dean Norris) discover a bit of incriminating evidence in last season's finale, you should not have assumed the case was absolutely closed. Just as when you see Walt in Sunday's opening scene, it would be unwise to presume you know how he got there or where his story is headed. Very few shows can match Bad's ability to pull off honest, earned surprises that stay true to the characters and their universe – and chances are the show has a few more in store.

Still, a mere hour into this final run, here's something you will be able to take for granted. Bryan Cranston is still turning in a transformative, unimpeachable performance as Walt, who remains one of the greatest dramatic creations ever to grace our TV screens. What Cranston and his utterly fearless series have allowed us to watch over the past five seasons is the complete moral disintegration of a man who thought he could dabble in drugs for the money and come away untouched. Taken as a whole, Bad is a far more convincing anti-drug screed than any educational film ever shown in our high schools.

What's amazing about Walt is that he remains unconvinced. He still thinks he can take the money and create a whole new life with his wife and son (Anna Gunn and R.J. Mitte who, like everyone in the cast, are pitch perfect). Obstacles may be posed by Hank, but Walt's willingness to explore ways around them provide the opener with some of its most chilling moments.

Then again, these days with Bad, almost anything can provide a chilling moment. Aaron Paul's Jesse, the show's sometimes wonky moral compass, only has to leave a room to set your nerves on edge, wondering what will happen when he returns. That's a tribute to the writers, obviously, but it's also a tribute to Paul, who always seems to be on the verge of either imploding or exploding – and may even be able to pull off both at once.

I wouldn't assume he can't.
HOLY ####, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!11`~~11!!!!1!1!

Sarnoff said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
prosopis said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Science, b itch.

you mean Landry?

Sarnoff said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
prosopis said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Science, b itch.

you mean Landry?
Landry is Flynn. He also goes by Pedro, Chet and Shawanda.

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I love how right before the fist fight between Walt and Jesse, near the end of Season 4, when Walt is chastising him for not poisoning Gus when he was at his house, Jesse talks about how they both ate from the same big pot of stew and says, "What was I supposed to do, poison myself?!" And then the next episode, that is exactly what Gus does (when he takes out the cartel).

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I love how right before the fist fight between Walt and Jesse, near the end of Season 4, when Walt is chastising him for not poisoning Gus when he was at his house, Jesse talks about how they both ate from the same big pot of stew and says, "What was I supposed to do, poison myself?!" And then the next episode, that is exactly what Gus does (when he takes out the cartel).
Gus was stone cold man.

Users who are viewing this thread