What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (6 Viewers)

Also Walts fixation with Jessie is also ridiculous at this point. Jessie does nothing but make his life harder. Has since day one. Maybe he needed him initially to get his bearings with cooking and distribution but there's been no reason to hold on to the guy as long as he has. All this because his "real" son is disabled and Jessie is the normal son he never got to have? Not buying it.
This also has me concerned and questioning whether or not Walt's killing of the drug dealers was out of character, unbelievable, or not.
Totally out of character and unbelievable. Not sure how many times I can say it or how many times fans of this show choose to ignore it but Jessie is a loose end. He gets high. He's irrational. He can't be trusted. These guys are moving 400 lbs of meth every two weeks or some craziness and there's no way a guy like Jessie would be involved....impossible. Why did Mike say "I won't make the same mistake twice"?Don't get me wrong, I like the show. I just feel like the envelope has been pushed as far as what is actually believable. That meeting last night with Gus, Walt, Mike and the other guys. Meetings like that are tough to put together. They wouldn't go through all of that to "warn" Jessie? Not even remotely believable. Jessie should have "disappeared" many shows ago. I know he's an integral part of the show but they should have relaxed with his pseudo tough guy attitude long ago. And this loyalty to "Jumbo" or whatever the hell his name was. The guy was a petty street dealer. They never established a bond between he and Jessie and now all of a sudden he's ready to war with cartels over this guys death :yawn: And the thing with the kids doesn't make sense either. I want it to work but it just doesn't. The ending with Walt running over the dealers was dumb.
FYI, "Combo" was good friends with Jesse. At least that's what the show has portrayed them to be. He wasn't just a dealer working for him.
Never really saw that development. Just the flashback to when he bought the trailer and the night at the club. Jessie doesn't have any real "good friends".Jumbo :lmao:

Also Walts fixation with Jessie is also ridiculous at this point. Jessie does nothing but make his life harder. Has since day one. Maybe he needed him initially to get his bearings with cooking and distribution but there's been no reason to hold on to the guy as long as he has. All this because his "real" son is disabled and Jessie is the normal son he never got to have? Not buying it.
This also has me concerned and questioning whether or not Walt's killing of the drug dealers was out of character, unbelievable, or not.
Totally out of character and unbelievable. Not sure how many times I can say it or how many times fans of this show choose to ignore it but Jessie is a loose end. He gets high. He's irrational. He can't be trusted. These guys are moving 400 lbs of meth every two weeks or some craziness and there's no way a guy like Jessie would be involved....impossible. Why did Mike say "I won't make the same mistake twice"?Don't get me wrong, I like the show. I just feel like the envelope has been pushed as far as what is actually believable. That meeting last night with Gus, Walt, Mike and the other guys. Meetings like that are tough to put together. They wouldn't go through all of that to "warn" Jessie? Not even remotely believable. Jessie should have "disappeared" many shows ago. I know he's an integral part of the show but they should have relaxed with his pseudo tough guy attitude long ago. And this loyalty to "Jumbo" or whatever the hell his name was. The guy was a petty street dealer. They never established a bond between he and Jessie and now all of a sudden he's ready to war with cartels over this guys death :sadbanana: And the thing with the kids doesn't make sense either. I want it to work but it just doesn't. The ending with Walt running over the dealers was dumb.
Walt is getting sick of all of the damage he caused. Jane, the Plane crash, his family, Hank,...Now this kid all suffering for Walt's sins. I think it's reached thew point where it's too much to bear.If he let's Jesse die, then he's killed his last friend and he's working for a guy who thinks nothing of killing 11 year old boys. He could have all of the money in the world at that point and his life is still bucket of ####. We saw in the Fly, Walt pondering that he wished he'd died before this whole thing started to spiral out of control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance that this could be linked to Gale (the shunned lab cooking assistant)? I kid of course but I have to believe that he will make an appearance again.

Also Mike's half-measures story equally applies to Walt not taking out those Cholos with the ricin when he had the chance, and the kid ending up dead as a result.

The Jessie thing is out of control. No way Pollos would have dealt with it for as long as he has. Then after Mike's monologue he says he won't make the same mistake twice and they let Jessie walk? In a business like this Jessie and Walt would both be dead by now. Jessie for being an idiot and Walt for putting up with it.Shark was jumped tonight
:lmao:

Any chance that this could be linked to Gale (the shunned lab cooking assistant)? I kid of course but I have to believe that he will make an appearance again.
What I think will happen:- Jesse goes on the run- Walt tries to convince the chicken man to call off the hit on Jesse- Walt begins to fear for his own safety realizing that Gale could continue cooking in his place- Walt somehow kills the chicken man and essentially becomes the new big bossFade to black

The Jessie thing is out of control. No way Pollos would have dealt with it for as long as he has. Then after Mike's monologue he says he won't make the same mistake twice and they let Jessie walk? In a business like this Jessie and Walt would both be dead by now. Jessie for being an idiot and Walt for putting up with it.Shark was jumped tonight
:goodposting:
Seriously.'jumped the shark'?

We only saw Walt put a bullet in one of the dealers' heads. Are we to assume the other is dead? Almost exact same situation as Tuco's cousins, no?

I can see why everyone questions if Gus would get involved in a meeting like that but things have changed for him since his first appearance. With the new lab and the killings south of the border he's had to take a more hands on approach in a much bigger operation. He may seem like a genius businessman but his greed in creating his empire is forcing him to change his previous philosophy.

great episode, can't wait for the finale.

Shouldnt we know by now if next week is going to be the series finale? I imagine there would be a much different ending between a season finale and series finale.

Also Mike's half-measures story equally applies to Walt not taking out those Cholos with the ricin when he had the chance, and the kid ending up dead as a result.
or to Gus for taking a half-measure with Jesse and the two Cholos.

...or did heone of Gus' MO's is that he likes for his problems to take each other out. He used the twins and Hank to cancel each other out which led to the Feds and and the Cartel starting to cancel each other out.knowing that the kid would end up dead, he had to know that the Cholos and Jesse would end up tryimg to take each other out.

...or did heone of Gus' MO's is that he likes for his problems to take each other out. He used the twins and Hank to cancel each other out which led to the Feds and and the Cartel starting to cancel each other out.knowing that the kid would end up dead, he had to know that the Cholos and Jesse would end up tryimg to take each other out.
yeah but I doubt he wanted Walt involved.

BB creator Vince Gilligan on the longevity of the show (this was about 3 months ago):

http://is.gd/cHaM1

"It's always good in a perfect world that folks who make a TV show know where it's going to end," he said, "and yet so often we don't. I'd say at least one more season, season 4. Maybe to season 5 for Walt and Jesse and the family.

BB creator Vince Gilligan on the longevity of the show (this was about 3 months ago):

http://is.gd/cHaM1

"It's always good in a perfect world that folks who make a TV show know where it's going to end," he said, "and yet so often we don't. I'd say at least one more season, season 4. Maybe to season 5 for Walt and Jesse and the family.
I think they learned their lesson fron X-files which was good yarn that lasted a few seasons too long

He may have made a big miscalculation with that one

Unintended consequences

What I think will happen:- Jesse goes on the run- Walt tries to convince the chicken man to call off the hit on Jesse- Walt begins to fear for his own safety realizing that Gale could continue cooking in his place- Walt somehow kills the chicken man and essentially becomes the new big bossFade to black
I mostly agree. Next week's episode is called Full Measure. I think that Walt will realize that his only play to save Jesse (and ultimately himself) will be to take out Gus. I think this will be a good point to end this season. Does Walt break fully bad and take over from Gus? Does he try to bow out again? Is there anything left of the Cartel and how do they play into season 5? Does a recuperated Hank go back on the trail of Heisenberg? Lots of ways to go in season 4, but who knows, maybe a plane will fall from the sky again.

What I think will happen:- Jesse goes on the run

- Walt tries to convince the chicken man to call off the hit on Jesse

- Walt begins to fear for his own safety realizing that Gale could continue cooking in his place

- Walt somehow kills the chicken man and essentially becomes the new big boss

Fade to black
I mostly agree. Next week's episode is called Full Measure. I think that Walt will realize that his only play to save Jesse (and ultimately himself) will be to take out Gus. I think this will be a good point to end this season. Does Walt break fully bad and take over from Gus? Does he try to bow out again? Is there anything left of the Cartel and how do they play into season 5? Does a recuperated Hank go back on the trail of Heisenberg? Lots of ways to go in season 4, but who knows, maybe a plane will fall from the sky again.
Walt is beyond redemption and he knows it. Realistically I think Gus is too smart to get taken out by Walt, but I agree with others that his approach with Walt has not been realistic thus far.

I keep thinking how key Walt's lecture to Jesse was

paraphrasing

"your actions affect other people..."

Yeah Walt, like Jane, Hank, The plane crash victims, now this kid etc

"Sometimes you have to make compromises.."

half-meaasures? ( 'no more half-measures Walter.')

What I think will happen:- Jesse goes on the run

- Walt tries to convince the chicken man to call off the hit on Jesse

- Walt begins to fear for his own safety realizing that Gale could continue cooking in his place

- Walt somehow kills the chicken man and essentially becomes the new big boss

Fade to black
Walt is beyond redemption and he knows it. Realistically I think Gus is too smart to get taken out by Walt, but I agree with others that his approach with Walt has not been realistic thus far.
Ricin

Full Measure.

That is the name of the finale. So what is the full measure? Walt takes out Gus? Gus takes out Jesse?

Also good to see Jesse using again. It isn't called Breaking Good.

Totally out of character and unbelievable. Not sure how many times I can say it or how many times fans of this show choose to ignore it but Jessie is a loose end. He gets high. He's irrational. He can't be trusted. These guys are moving 400 lbs of meth every two weeks or some craziness and there's no way a guy like Jessie would be involved....impossible. Why did Mike say "I won't make the same mistake twice"?Don't get me wrong, I like the show. I just feel like the envelope has been pushed as far as what is actually believable. That meeting last night with Gus, Walt, Mike and the other guys. Meetings like that are tough to put together. They wouldn't go through all of that to "warn" Jessie? Not even remotely believable. Jessie should have "disappeared" many shows ago. I know he's an integral part of the show but they should have relaxed with his pseudo tough guy attitude long ago. And this loyalty to "Jumbo" or whatever the hell his name was. The guy was a petty street dealer. They never established a bond between he and Jessie and now all of a sudden he's ready to war with cartels over this guys death :lmao: And the thing with the kids doesn't make sense either. I want it to work but it just doesn't. The ending with Walt running over the dealers was dumb.
I've taken this point about Jesse for awhile now...but I'll wait until the season finale to cast judgement. I'm still thinking Jesse gets got.

Walt is Gus's Jesse. That's why Walt is around. For whatever reason (be it because maybe Walt is one of the few "learned" men in the business or because he attempts to be a legit family man), Gus will cut Walt slack on a lot of things, go against what he believes and make the mistake of constantly trying to do right by him.

Personally, I think it's dangerously close to jumping the shark. Walt can't become a kingpin. He already tried that and failed. He's not going to kill Gus, somehow convince ALL of Gus's people that he's trustworthy, is fully dedicated to the profession and a capable leader and become the Meth King of the Southwest. Besides....if Gus gets killed, another cartel member will simply take over the territory and we'll be back to square one...namely Walt and Jesse dealing with another criminal figure head. It'll be akin to Tony Soprano having to whack another antagonist every season.....and after Richie Aprile, Jackie Jr., Ralphie, Tony Blundetto, Feech and Phil....that got kind of tiresome

If the show has its basis in realism....I'm only seeing one way to get out of this corner they've painted themselves in....that being Mike and Gus's right hand man standing over a dead Jesse and Walt being told that he's in it for either his or his families life and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Walt is Gus's Jesse. That's why Walt is around. For whatever reason (be it because maybe Walt is one of the few "learned" men in the business or because he attempts to be a legit family man), Gus will cut Walt slack on a lot of things, go against what he believes and make the mistake of constantly trying to do right by him.
What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :goodposting: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.

Bryan Cranston will be on Kimmel in a few minutes. It's running late due to the NBA.

As an added bonus, Vanessa Minnillo is also on the show. :thumbdown:

Bryan Cranston will be on Kimmel in a few minutes. It's running late due to the NBA.As an added bonus, Vanessa Minnillo is also on the show. :wub:
Thanks for the reminder :thumbdown: Hope Cranston gives us some additional insight. Can't wait for the finale.

What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :shrug: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.
I disagree. There's a personal relationship that for whatever reason, Gus wants to have with Walt. Not saying that it's as complex as Walt/Jesse....or that's it is essential to the show but it's there. He's cut him a lot of slack in a business that doesn't usually allow that. He gone against his perceived normal practices to accommodate this man. As far as the money goes...I think they've established that although Walt is an excellent cook....there are other man, as capable (Gale), out there to do the job. After all,...it's just science.

Damn good episode. I've gotta feeling that Walt will end up killing Jaleel White and become the new drug boss.
Yes
Full Measure.That is the name of the finale. So what is the full measure? Walt takes out Gus? Gus takes out Jesse? Also good to see Jesse using again. It isn't called Breaking Good.
I could absolutely see Walt taking out Gus and then in typical Walt fashion have no clue what to do next. Most definitely somebody is going away next week.

What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :lmao: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.
I disagree. There's a personal relationship that for whatever reason, Gus wants to have with Walt. Not saying that it's as complex as Walt/Jesse....or that's it is essential to the show but it's there. He's cut him a lot of slack in a business that doesn't usually allow that. He gone against his perceived normal practices to accommodate this man. As far as the money goes...I think they've established that although Walt is an excellent cook....there are other man, as capable (Gale), out there to do the job. After all,...it's just science.
I agree with you. He invited Walt into his home and cooked him dinner. There would have been other ways to deliver that message (don't make the same mistake twice), but he invited the man into his home. I think he sees him as more than just the golden goose.

I guess he could kill Gus, but I hope the writers are a little more creative than that and surprise us.

If he kills gus then the show has officially jumped.

I am starting to not like the fact that Walts cancer is so much in the background. Its like he doesnt even have it anymore. I know they said it was in remission but in season 2 he was on the deathbed at times. When they make the cancer a focal point the whole series seems more urgent.

If he kills gus then the show has officially jumped.I am starting to not like the fact that Walts cancer is so much in the background. Its like he doesnt even have it anymore. I know they said it was in remission but in season 2 he was on the deathbed at times. When they make the cancer a focal point the whole series seems more urgent.
Having the cancer in remission adds another layer to the show. When Walt decided to break bad, it was because he thought the cancer was going to kill him relatively quickly. When the treatment worked, and the cancer went into remission, it gave him an opportunity to get out of the business. And he tried to get out. But he choose to go back to cooking, as soon as he found another way to rationalize his decision.

What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :confused: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.
I agree with you. He invited Walt into his home and cooked him dinner. There would have been other ways to deliver that message (don't make the same mistake twice), but he invited the man into his home. I think he sees him as more than just the golden goose.
That's the way Gus operates--out in the open. It fits right in with him talking business with Walt in the restaurant and coming to the hospital to deliver food when Hank was shot. Gus has no special affection for Walt.

The cancer will come back. It'll either be that that kills Walt, or Hank'll shoot him during a raid. My guess would be dies of cancer rotting in jail.

What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :confused: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.
That's the way Gus operates--out in the open. It fits right in with him talking business with Walt in the restaurant and coming to the hospital to deliver food when Hank was shot. Gus has no special affection for Walt.
I don't know. Delivering the food to the officers had a tangible benefit to it. Same as being involved in the community. Inviting the guy to your house and having him help you cook dinner in which the two of you share....that's a little more than business.My biggest reasoning for my analysis is that we've been told (by Gus) and shown(by some of his actions) that he is a calculating, rational, analytical guy who doesn't take unneccessary chances. Everything he has done with Walt contradicts that. There's something else there.

What are you talking about? Walt is the goose who laid the golden egg. To Gus, Walt = :goodposting: Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't come close to being comparable in complexity as the relationship between Walt & Jesse.
My biggest reasoning for my analysis is that we've been told (by Gus) and shown(by some of his actions) that he is a calculating, rational, analytical guy who doesn't take unneccessary chances. Everything he has done with Walt contradicts that. There's something else there.
There has to be some affection there between Gus and Walt, Gus wouldnt have invited Walt over to cook him dinner if he wanted nothing other than for Walt to cook Meth, also Gus wouldnt take Walt's word about firing Gale and hiring Jesse, and also Walts word about the feud between Jesse and the 2 thugs, the only reason Jesse is still alive is because of Walt and the effective relationship Walt has with Gus to talk him out of harming Jesse.

Walt is irrational. At least that's what everyone was saying about his behavior in the dreadful fly episode.If Walt was rational, he never would of gotten Jesse involved in the super lab, let alone get to the point where he's running over ganstas to save Jesse.
Two different things: he got Jesse involved because Jesse told Walt/Saul that he was going to start dealing again and his "protection" was that he could rat out Walt anytime he wanted to stay out of jail.
Forgot about that. You're right. So wouldn't it make even more sense for Walt to let Jesse get rubbed out since he had already threatened Walt? Of course it would. The problem is Walt is an idiot.
No, Walt is a guy who is desperately trying to hang on to the last vestiges of his morality despite the things he has done. That moral dilemma is probably the central theme of the show. When Walt starts acting like any other drug dealer might, simply taking the coldly calculated approach to any problem, that's when the show will definitely have jumped the shark.

No, Walt is a guy who is desperately trying to hang on to the last vestiges of his morality despite the things he has done. That moral dilemma is probably the central theme of the show. When Walt starts acting like any other drug dealer might, simply taking the coldly calculated approach to any problem, that's when the show will definitely have jumped the shark.
I don't think that it jumps the shark if that happens in the final acts of the story. If we're subjected to two+ years of Walt being a cold, remorseless kingpin....than I'd say it had jumped. If, after several series of a downward spiral the guy finally loses what makes him a moral man...then I don't have a real problem with that.

I don't think that it jumps the shark if that happens in the final acts of the story. If we're subjected to two+ years of Walt being a cold, remorseless kingpin....than I'd say it had jumped. If, after several series of a downward spiral the guy finally loses what makes him a moral man...then I don't have a real problem with that.
I agree. My point was that I don't many of us want to see Walt turn into some remorseless criminal. It's his remorse, and his struggle to hang on to the person he still thinks he is that make him a great character.

The cancer will come back. It'll either be that that kills Walt, or Hank'll shoot him during a raid. My guess would be dies of cancer rotting in jail.
I think so, too. Instead of desperately trying to provide for his family, he will be seeking a quick redemption by taking down as much of the drug producing machine as possible (with or without the help of the DEA).

Users who are viewing this thread