What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

Are you sure you weren't thinking about Alexei Ramirez being done?
Nope...I've been doing a lot of golfing lately so I've also been doing some golf watching. He's lost it. I've hear rumblings but yet to hear a clear declaration.I'm making it now.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
This thread won't sniff 2 pages. Trolls must be more subtle. You don't tug on Superman's cape.
Trolls? Get real... This isn't troll worthy.
Then bet me $1,000 that he won't win another major. Surely a guy who is "done" cannot pull off such a feat.A mutually agreed upon party can hold the funds via PayPal. LMK.
I don't have sand in my head, chief. I know how to gamble and this isn't how to do it. Scraping together a major here or there in comparison, is done. You seem to be taking this personally. Relax, guy.

Raider Nation said:
derek245583 said:
Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
This thread won't sniff 2 pages. Trolls must be more subtle. You don't tug on Superman's cape.
Then bet me $1,000 that he won't win another major. Surely a guy who is "done" cannot pull off such a feat.A mutually agreed upon party can hold the funds via PayPal. LMK.
Come on guy...step up...I offered 4 more majors
Too long of a wait to get paid off, even if he wins 4 of the next 6.
I'll go 100 he doesn't win one of the next two he enters? :coffee:

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
I don't have sand in my head, chief. I know how to gamble and this isn't how to do it. Scraping together a major here or there in comparison, is done. You seem to be taking this personally. Relax, guy.
How does that equal done when there are 100s of PGA players to never sniff a top 10 let alone win a major?

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
How does that equal done when there are 100s of PGA players to never sniff a top 10 let alone win a major?
I meant done dominating. He's not going to lose his card or anything :coffee:

Are you sure you weren't thinking about Alexei Ramirez being done?
Nope...I've been doing a lot of golfing lately so I've also been doing some golf watching. He's lost it. I've hear rumblings but yet to hear a clear declaration.I'm making it now.
Does this mean you're rooting against him? Were you for him before you were against him?
I wouldn't root against him unless there was green involved. He's just not the same guy.

I doubt he'll ever be the dominant player he once was. The guy who would prompt bets like Tiger vs. The Field, but he hasn't won his last major. All things considered, I don't know if you can say anyone's taken his place as the world's number one golfer.

I think that the OP is right about the fear factor, though.. I think the days of Tiger being helped out on day 4 simply because his opponent got the Tiger-sh*ts are over.

Wasn't there a period a few years ago, where Tiger won only one major that year and everyone was claiming he was done? Then he ran off another rediculous run of tourneys?

I'm not fishing, just seeing if my recollection is accurate.

Wasn't there a period a few years ago, where Tiger won only one major that year and everyone was claiming he was done? Then he ran off another rediculous run of tourneys?I'm not fishing, just seeing if my recollection is accurate.
Yes, that was the thread I remember from a few years ago.

derek245583 said:
Wasn't there a period a few years ago, where Tiger won only one major that year and everyone was claiming he was done? Then he ran off another rediculous run of tourneys?I'm not fishing, just seeing if my recollection is accurate.
Yes, that was the thread I remember from a few years ago.
We both agree his short game is lacking at this point.
No way. His short game looked pretty ####### good at Bay Hill. He worked on his short game more than anything else the last 4 months. His short game is not lacking.

Still the best in the game, although it's closer right now. It's been less than a year since his ACL surgery and by next year we'll see the same old Tiger again.

His putting isn't good right now. Not Michelle Wie bad, but bad enough so he isn't winning nearly half the tournamentd he enters. Once his putting comes around he will start winning consistantly again.

edit-

2 PAGES :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funniest thing its less his swing being off lately and more his putting.

So I would not say he is done.

Its not like he is out there Duvalling it...Id bet he still ends up World #1 at the end of the year.

countdown to Tiger going to the belly putter in 3........2.........1...........

Since returning from major knee surgery, Tiger has played in 4 stroke play tournaments in 2009. His finishes are as follows:

1-4-T6-T9

He is currently competing in the Players Championship and sitting in 6th as of typing this.

5 stroke play events. 5 Top 10 finishes.

He is so done.

Since returning from major knee surgery, Tiger has played in 4 stroke play tournaments in 2009. His finishes are as follows:1-4-T6-T9He is currently competing in the Players Championship and sitting in 6th as of typing this.5 stroke play events. 5 Top 10 finishes.He is so done.
:bag:he's back on teh juice

It hasn't even been a year since his last major win.

He will blow Jack's major record out of the water.

Edit to add: moronic thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure that rick reilly of all people wrote an article saying something similar a few weeks ago. that's the type you want to associate with? real cutting edge, that reilly.

Users who are viewing this thread