What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (2 Viewers)

We all know that Tiger doesn't work hard enough. Tiger can't even come close to comparing to the workout regimens of guys like John Daly, Angel Cabrera or Happy Gillmore.
None of this sarcasm changes the fact that Tiger isn't the golfer he used to be. Sure he may be able to curl 120 on each arm but his swing has gone to ####. He spent his whole tournament bailing himself out of tough spots.
You're hopeless. I'll move on.

We all know that Tiger doesn't work hard enough. Tiger can't even come close to comparing to the workout regimens of guys like John Daly, Angel Cabrera or Happy Gillmore.
None of this sarcasm changes the fact that Tiger isn't the golfer he used to be. Sure he may be able to curl 120 on each arm but his swing has gone to ####. He spent his whole tournament bailing himself out of tough spots.
Your evidence supports a different conclusion imo. His bailout golf out of tough spots is top 10 worthy in a major. Awesome.

culdeus said:
BobbyLayne said:
A lot of people trying to make excuses for Tiger right now.
I guess I'm missing something when the guy needs an excuse for winning one and finishing top 10 in the other 6 events he has played in. :goodposting:
What's the record for consecutive Top Tens?

He's got 17 straight in stroke play events (won 10 of them).He's not quite right for sure. First day it was putting, missed 7 birdie putts inside 12 feet. Yesterday everything was 'spinners to the right' as he put it. Still grinds it out even when he's not hitting on all cylinders.

I thought one of the best times to watch Tiger was not the dominant periods like 2000-01 or after he broke the majors drought, but during the 2003-04 when he wasn't winning majors. Even when his swing is off and the putts aren't dropping, he is a treat to watch. I've seen all the supposed great ones of this generation pull a Daly when they are out of contention. No one ever takes them (Els, Mickelson, Singh) to task for mailing in a round. Woods grinds it out no matter where he is at in a tourney.

Never bet against him. He's got plenty left IMO.
It's something stupid high like 71 or something from Nelson. Nobody will ever get halfway there again.
65Interesting article from the NYT from a few years back:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/13/sports/s...lled.html?fta=y

The modern record recognized by the PGA Tour is 14 by Nicklaus. Several had longer streaks, but that was before the Tour separated from the PGA in 1968, and record keeping was sketchy.

Of course, my OP discounts the match play event - Tiger lost in the 2nd round IIRC - so he probably doesn't have a streak of 17 for record purposes.

Stick it in your ear Tiger fans, your boy sucked today. :unsure:
This seems to be a personal matter for you.Tiger will almost certainly never be as dominant as he once was because he was impossibly dominant. He is still in the thick of every tournament he enters, coming off major knee surgery. Before Tiger came along, that would have been considered "dominant." The problem is Tiger re-defined what it means to be dominant.If the point of the thread is that Tiger will no longer be able to blow away the field like he once did, that is probably accurate. I think that has less to do with him "losing" something as it does the rest of the golfers starting to catch up.If the point was that he no longer strikes fear in his opponents such that they #### themselves, I agree to a certain extent. But I think that had more to do with Tiger's own mental toughness than it did the other guy. Anyway, no one is "afraid" of him anymore, but if he is playing well, and you are neck and neck with him, I'll take Tiger over you any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Finless knows golf!

That was seriously a dominant performance today.

Just give him the US Open trophy if he drives the ball like that.

Saw Tiger up close this weekend... when he hits a drive it is as if the others on tour ( Els and Johnson inlcuded - his playing partners on Thursday and Friday) are playing as boys against men. His ball trajectory starts low and keeps climbing like a rocket or something.................

he is not human. as usual, finless sucks in a bunch of ####### and has another group of idiots licking his taint. you guys are pathetic. this thread should have been no more than 3 posts.

he is not human. as usual, finless sucks in a bunch of ####### and has another group of idiots licking his taint. you guys are pathetic. this thread should have been no more than 3 posts.
Did someone make today's little tournament a major or something? Does anyone remember (without looking) who won the event in 2003? How about 1999?Of course not. He looked real good in today's round, but how will he do in a major when Mickelson is entered?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone make today's little tournament a major or something? Does anyone remember (without looking) who won the event in 2003? How about 199?Of course not. He looked real good in today's round, but how will he do in a major when Mickelson is entered?
tiger has won this tournament like 9 times. so chances are, he did.

Did someone make today's little tournament a major or something? Does anyone remember (without looking) who won the event in 2003? How about 1999?Of course not. He looked real good in today's round, but how will he do in a major when Mickelson is entered?
Junior NB - You do not know golf. You are embarassing yourself with your ignorance - whether it be intentional or not. Please stop.

Tiger one it in 99, 2000, and 2001.NewbieJr is just pissed that Golf is better than Tennis and that Tiger is getting this attention and no one cares about Federer beating some chump to finally win the French.

mickelson? Really? The memorial has had some good names. Only Bart Bryant is a real spare on the winners list recently.

JuniorNB said:
colonel panic said:
I remember that Tiger won this tournament in 1999, 2000, and 2001. Without looking.

Must have been nice for good friends like Tiger and Roger Federer to win in the same day. That round yesterday was just amazing. To have that score on those greens is almost impossible.

Its all about the fairways at this point, IMO. Tiger is so good with his irons that if he's hitting his approaches from the fairway he has a chance to score on every hole. Just as importantly, when he hits his drive to the fairway he's taking bogey off the table 95% of the time. ANd over a 72 hole tournament, that gives him a chance to go low more often then others. His putting and short game are (and have been) top notch, but if he's hitting it in to the fairway off the tee like he did this weekend then no one is going to come close to stopping him.

Its all about the fairways at this point, IMO. Tiger is so good with his irons that if he's hitting his approaches from the fairway he has a chance to score on every hole. Just as importantly, when he hits his drive to the fairway he's taking bogey off the table 95% of the time. ANd over a 72 hole tournament, that gives him a chance to go low more often then others. His putting and short game are (and have been) top notch, but if he's hitting it in to the fairway off the tee like he did this weekend then no one is going to come close to stopping him.
True dat! :goodposting:

Agree 100%. It's clear since his return that the only place he's been hurting is off the tee. He dialed that in this weekend and he's just unstoppable. If he cay stay consistent with the driver, he's going to continue to be an absolute monster.

It's a shame that his streak of 18 consecutive top 10 finishes is coming to an end this week.

What a bum.

It's a shame that his streak of 18 consecutive top 10 finishes is coming to an end this week.What a bum.
No one called him a bum. I just think we're on the cusp of an era. An era that eventually has to end. Never realized how emotional some people are around Tiger until I went back and read this thread. He's a powerful man.

It's a shame that his streak of 18 consecutive top 10 finishes is coming to an end this week.What a bum.
No one called him a bum. I just think we're on the cusp of an era. An era that eventually has to end. Never realized how emotional some people are around Tiger until I went back and read this thread. He's a powerful man.
At least his fans will have all those piddly little tournaments he's been stepping up for lately. I'm having a hard time blaming his failures in majors on his 'recuperating knee' when he seems to kick major ### when there's not much at stake.I hate to say it, but Mr. Woods has come down with a bad case of the chokes. His knee is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread