What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random movie "aha" moment (2 Viewers)

The guy that plays uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite played Lazlo, the closet dwelling hermit in Real Genius.
He was also one of the young cops in the Billy Crystal/Gregory Hines cop comedy "Running Scared".
He was also Delroy Lindo's assistant in Get Shorty.BTW In looking this up on IMDB, I saw a reference to a Real Genius for 2013, but since I do not have IMDBpro, I could not get any details. Can anyone else? It would be a shame if they took that perfect movie and redid it.

I was channel surfing the other day and saw The Man in the Iron Mask was on, turned to it and it was the 1939 version. I decide to watch it and look it up on imdb.com while doing so to see if any famous old actors were in it. Porthos was played by Alan Hale, Alan Hale, Sr. that is. Dad to Alan Hale, Jr. AKA Skipper from Gilligan's Island. As I watched more I could actually see some of the Skipper's mannerisms in his dad's performance.

Not really an aha moment, but interesting to me.

Not a major one, but in the Gladiator, Russel Crowes friend, that gets him is little bag and tries to help him escape is the guy on Sons of Anarchy

Not a major one, but in the Gladiator, Russel Crowes friend, that gets him is little bag and tries to help him escape is the guy on Sons of Anarchy
That guy is also the husband that had his wife attempted to be taken by the lord for "prima notre" in Braveheart.

William H Macy plays the agent or stage manager or something like that for super-hot (pre-heroin and crack) Vanity's veejay show in the immortal 80s classic The Last Dragon.

Van Damme looking a complete tool in Breakin.
Ice-T in Breakin' and Breakin' 2. I happened to be flipping through the channels and decided to watch Breakin' for old times sake and realized it was Ice-T. I sat up and practically screamed "Thats Fin Tutuola!"

Michael was on last night and I only noticed for the first time that Carla Gugino was the new bride who came along in the tow truck to help them fix their flat tire.

Took me a long time to realize that it was Ben Affleck as O'Bannion in Dazed and Confused.
You gotta admit, he was :unsure: in that role."You are an embarrassment to the game of pool and should be glad I even let you play at my table."
Absolutely. It was such a convincing performance I was certain that it couldn't possibly be Affleck.
No doubt his best performance to date...next to Gigli of course.
I liked his small performance in Boiler Room

Was watching National Treasure 2 and noticed that the Nicolas Cage's wife's "boyfriend" is Ed O'Neill's non-gay son-in-law on the current show "Modern Family."

Not a movie 'A-ha', but a t.v. one:

Fez, from That 70's show, is the voice of Handy Mandy(childrens t.v. show). I'm floored.

Not a movie 'A-ha', but a t.v. one:Fez, from That 70's show, is the voice of Handy Mandy(childrens t.v. show). I'm floored.
Kurtwood Smith (played the dad on 70s show) has showed up a bunch of times on Handy Manny. Great Show.

I just now realized that the license plate on Brian's mom's car in The Breakfast Club reads "EMC2."

blew me away....

So I'm channel surfing last night, and I see Beetlejuice is playing on deep cable somewhere. So I put it on, because what the ####, it's Beetlejuice, right? Now, obviously the goth chick is a young Winona Ryder. And everyone knows the ghost with the most himself is played by none other than Michael Keaton. But while I'm watching, my girlfriend points to Adam - the other ghost dude who, along with his wife, are the central characters of the story - and asks "Isn't that one of the Baldwins?". No, baby, I say. Not even close. But I'm curious to know who he actually is, so I look it up.

Guess what? He is a Baldwin. And not one of the ancillary Baldwins, either. That's Alec ####ing Baldwin himself. Alec Baldwin was in Beetlejuice.

No ####.

So I'm channel surfing last night, and I see Beetlejuice is playing on deep cable somewhere. So I put it on, because what the ####, it's Beetlejuice, right? Now, obviously the goth chick is a young Winona Ryder. And everyone knows the ghost with the most himself is played by none other than Michael Keaton. But while I'm watching, my girlfriend points to Adam - the other ghost dude who, along with his wife, are the central characters of the story - and asks "Isn't that one of the Baldwins?". No, baby, I say. Not even close. But I'm curious to know who he actually is, so I look it up.

Guess what? He is a Baldwin. And not one of the ancillary Baldwins, either. That's Alec ####ing Baldwin himself. Alec Baldwin was in Beetlejuice.

No ####.
:goodposting:

belljr said:
Wolowitz from Big Bang theory is a pledge in OLD SCHOOL
Also: Dude who plays one of the main geeks on BBT was the geeky guy, dressed up as a knight, schtupping Peter Sarsgaard's pot-smoking mom in Garden State.His big line was "By the way, it says BALLS on your face." Kills me every time.

Watched Mystic River again this weekend. Rawls from The Wire is the child molester who forces Tim Robbins' character into the car at the beginning of the movie

I was watching some movie called "Six Pack" - Kenny Rogers flick - average at best. Anyway, Anthony Michael Hall plays one of the kids as does Erin Gray. Diane Lane was in it too. Basically the first movie of note for all 3 of them.

I was watching some movie called "Six Pack" - Kenny Rogers flick - average at best. Anyway, Anthony Michael Hall plays one of the kids as does Erin Gray. Diane Lane was in it too. Basically the first movie of note for all 3 of them.
Which 3? Kenny, Erin, Anthony, or Diane?And Diane Lane was smokin' hot back then. :yes:

Which 3? Kenny, Erin, Anthony, or Diane?And Diane Lane was smokin' hot back then. :lmao:
Erin Gray wasn't one of the kids -- she played Kenny's love interest.

Which 3? Kenny, Erin, Anthony, or Diane?And Diane Lane was smokin' hot back then. :lmao:
wat

And was already established from TV (albeit not theatrical movies) with Buck Rogers. She must have gone on to Silver Spoons right after Six Pack.

Wow I haven't seen that flick since I was a kid. I remember that I enjoyed it at the time.

The guy that plays uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite played Lazlo, the closet dwelling hermit in Real Genius.
He was also one of the young cops in the Billy Crystal/Gregory Hines cop comedy "Running Scared".
Solid work here; I love Running Scared. Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal had great chemistry in that flick.
Captain Logan: [to Ray and Danny] Hey! That jumper yesterday? Just got a flash from the coroner on the cause of death!

Danny Costanzo: Oooh, let me guess. Deceleration trauma.

Ray Hughes: Cement poisoning.

Captain Logan: He drowned.

Danny Costanzo: Oh, poor guy couldn't swim or fly, huh?
Gotta love Dan Hedaya as Captain Logan too.

Wow I haven't seen that flick since I was a kid. I remember that I enjoyed it at the time.
Was AMH the "no ####, **** Tracy" kid?

Solid work here; I love Running Scared. Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal had great chemistry in that flick.
Captain Logan: [to Ray and Danny] Hey! That jumper yesterday? Just got a flash from the coroner on the cause of death!

Danny Costanzo: Oooh, let me guess. Deceleration trauma.

Ray Hughes: Cement poisoning.

Captain Logan: He drowned.

Danny Costanzo: Oh, poor guy couldn't swim or fly, huh?
Gotta love Dan Hedaya as Captain Logan too.
Huge fan of Running Scared. Need to see it again.Danny Costanzo: Hablo, Smith and Wesson? You have the right to remain *dead*. Anything you do will be used against you. You have the right to a *coroner*. If you cannot afford one, we will appoint a medical examiner for you.

Huge RUNNING SCARED FAN - I'll add in case people didn't know that Joe Pantoliano (Sopranos, Bad Boys, US Marshalls) played snake.

My moment was reversed last night - Seinfeld episode where the guy shaves his head cause he is a swimmer and then grows it in for Elaine, only to find out he is balding and gets arrested for housing a fugitive because they mistake him for Constanza. He is the guy in all the comedies now adays. he played the not sure if gay or not brother in The Break Up, Fred Clause, Evan Almighty, Yes Man etc etc

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383422/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Tron on one of the random HD channels and had two ahas. One, the grandfather from Lost Boys is one of the users/programs as is Lacy Underall from Caddyshack in the lead female role.

Users who are viewing this thread