What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Added the first 63 episodes of the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon for my 3 year old. And for me some random night at 3:30 am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way of the gun is one of the top ten movies ever in the history of the world. Not a bad scene in the whole thing.

"what do you think?"

" it has holes"

" well, we are new at this..."

Watched the Big Lebowski finally the other night. I don't get the hype about the Coen Bros. It had some funny moments but overall the plot was dumb and ultimately pointless. Just a hodge podge of ideas thrown out on a screen while someone had the camera on. Its like the Dude's thought process visually represented. 6/10
I dig most of the Coen Brothers stuff but I never thought Lebowski was as great as it's made out to be.
Most things aren't as great as they're made out to be.
OK, not even close to being as great as it was made out to be. 2 out of 4 stars.
Thin Shtick®

Been watching the Claymore anime with a couple of friends using the Netflix party feature, burned through 15 episodes in a couple of nights. Pretty cool that you can watch shows with your homeys that way.

'Ren Hoek said:
Been watching the Claymore anime with a couple of friends using the Netflix party feature, burned through 15 episodes in a couple of nights. Pretty cool that you can watch shows with your homeys that way.
I don't get the party feature really. What's the point?

'Ren Hoek said:
I don't get the party feature really. What's the point?
Watching a show with your friends is a nice change of pace to constantly killing things. It's not the same as going to the movies, but still highly enjoyable.

'Hov34 said:
Watched the Big Lebowski finally the other night. I don't get the hype about the Coen Bros. It had some funny moments but overall the plot was dumb and ultimately pointless. Just a hodge podge of ideas thrown out on a screen while someone had the camera on. Its like the Dude's thought process visually represented. 6/10
I dig most of the Coen Brothers stuff but I never thought Lebowski was as great as it's made out to be.
Most things aren't as great as they're made out to be.
OK, not even close to being as great as it was made out to be. 2 out of 4 stars.
Thin Shtick®
Sure thing.

Haven't turned on the TV in weeks...

First watched every episode in the first two seasons of Brotherhood, then watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the sequels, then caught Zach G's standup, and now starting up Sons of Anarchy.

Why am I paying for cable?

Just finished A Clockwork Orange. I hadn't seen it in ages. Horrorshow. Kubrick had some big yarbles to make that one.

I had no idea how big the "Stargate" franchise was in terms of sheer volume of episodes. Wife is through 9 seasons of SG-1, and now my recommended screen is just spilling over with all the offshoots and variations.

Finally watched Easy A. I'd give it an A... easily. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :sigh:

It was really good. I think most on here told me it would be... you were right.

Haven't turned on the TV in weeks...First watched every episode in the first two seasons of Brotherhood, then watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the sequels, then caught Zach G's standup, and now starting up Sons of Anarchy. Why am I paying for cable?
Brotherhood was ok felt the brother was too over the top though. They tried way too hard to make him a violent, sociopathic ##### IMO. I just never bought the character.

Haven't turned on the TV in weeks...First watched every episode in the first two seasons of Brotherhood, then watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the sequels, then caught Zach G's standup, and now starting up Sons of Anarchy. Why am I paying for cable?
I never realized either. I dropped Directv cause it was up to $90/mo and Im watching more shows now than I did when I had it. Add in hulu for $7.99 and I have pretty much anything I want to watch. For everything else, there's internet. Who needs cable/satelite anymore?

Looks like I need to add Way of the Gun

I really enjoyed the new Star Trek movie. I didnt understand some of the stuff that happened in it but I didnt need to in order to like it

I had no idea how big the "Stargate" franchise was in terms of sheer volume of episodes. Wife is through 9 seasons of SG-1, and now my recommended screen is just spilling over with all the offshoots and variations.
Yeah a lot of content there. 10 seasons + 2 tv movies for SG-1. 5 seasons of Atlantis (not a big fan, goes downhill quickly I thought and never bothered with the 5th season.) 2 seasons of SG: Universe which just got cancelled. :angry:SG:U was one of the few shows that was posting new episodes on Netflix with only a few weeks short delay as well.

Paul McCartney Really is Dead. Kinda interesting if you're not already familiar with all of the Paul is dead rumors from the Beatles era. Otherwise pretty bad...we laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of it multiple times.
This fascinates me. I'll probably watch it.
Two minutes in. Holy ####, this is horrible.
:lmao: Apparently I oversold it.
No, I know. I wanted to see for myself because I love that stuff. It's hard to believe Netflix would pick up such a horribly produced POS.

Yeah a lot of content there. 10 seasons + 2 tv movies for SG-1. 5 seasons of Atlantis (not a big fan, goes downhill quickly I thought and never bothered with the 5th season.) 2 seasons of SG: Universe which just got cancelled. :angry:SG:U was one of the few shows that was posting new episodes on Netflix with only a few weeks short delay as well.
How does any of this compare to the original film? Is it all pretty much about ancient alien theory?I've always been intrigued but haven't watched an episode of any of the tv stuff or movie sequels. Big fan of the original film.

I never realized either. I dropped Directv cause it was up to $90/mo and Im watching more shows now than I did when I had it. Add in hulu for $7.99 and I have pretty much anything I want to watch. For everything else, there's internet. Who needs cable/satelite anymore?
Local sports. Literally, that's it. There's no way to catch most of your teams' MLB, NBA and NHL games or a good amount of the area's college basketball action without those local Fox or Comcast (seems like anti-competitive behavior to me) or independent sports stations, which you can't buy a la carte. :hot:

Wife and i started Watching Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1 & 2. 13 Episodes in im wondering hth I ever missed the boat on this.

Awesome popcorn show. Reminds me of the Shield a little.

Wife and i started Watching Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1 & 2. 13 Episodes in im wondering hth I ever missed the boat on this. Awesome popcorn show. Reminds me of the Shield a little.
The finale episodes in Season 2 and 3 are some of the best TV around. Especially Season 2.

Finally watched Easy A. I'd give it an A... easily. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :sigh:It was really good. I think most on here told me it would be... you were right.
I thought Easy A was so terrible. I'm shocked at how well received it is in this thread. I remember shuddering over how corny it was when I saw it in the dollar theater.

Wife and i started Watching Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1 & 2. 13 Episodes in im wondering hth I ever missed the boat on this. Awesome popcorn show. Reminds me of the Shield a little.
started watching Season 1 last week. I'm only 5 episodes in. I'm kinda glad I missed it when it was current because I like not having to wait a week for the next episode.

I'm sure it was already mentioned but there is a site that loads up future Netflix stuff about 3-4 weeks out...

Loving the Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction on HD. Some other fringe Tarantino stuff like Dusk till Dawn is pretty cool too.

How does any of this compare to the original film? Is it all pretty much about ancient alien theory?I've always been intrigued but haven't watched an episode of any of the tv stuff or movie sequels. Big fan of the original film.
i will admit, I have not watched more than a handful of episodes in the 9 seasons that my wife has consumed. What I can tell, there is a lot of going in and out of the Stargate, the crew gets captured constantly (but always gets out of course), a lot of inside jokes, and somehow they have a ton of flying ship battles and laser gun battles, but they are completely secretive to the common public.

Local sports. Literally, that's it. There's no way to catch most of your teams' MLB, NBA and NHL games or a good amount of the area's college basketball action without those local Fox or Comcast (seems like anti-competitive behavior to me) or independent sports stations, which you can't buy a la carte. :hot:
And I didn't get them on Directv anyway. So screw them!

Awesome show. I jumped in mid season 1 and haven't looked back. Season 3 is incredible. You might have to wait a bit for it to come to netflix though.

It's a lot more light hearted than the original movie but most of the basics are the same: i.e. fighting against technologically superior aliens that masqueraded as Egyptian "gods" in the old days. Eventually as the show matures they introduce mythology outside of the Egyptians such as the Vikings or King Arthur type legends.I'd characterize it most of the time as a fun adventure show with some light sci-fi, especially the early seasons. Lots of self-contained episodes that make it accessible and easy to pick up again at any point. As the show matures it starts to build on a lot of its own established storylines where you might want to know some of the previous backstory.

Awesome show. I jumped in mid season 1 and haven't looked back. Season 3 is incredible. You might have to wait a bit for it to come to netflix though.
looks like we might have to just buy it... or try to find a video store. Im not gonna be able to wait. :thumbup:

Finally watched Easy A. I'd give it an A... easily. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :sigh:It was really good. I think most on here told me it would be... you were right.
Was a suprisingly good movie. Emma Stone's sarcasm carries that movie.
I think Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson are really funny as the parents too.
This movie looked terrible, but I am reading so many positive reviews it looks like I should give it a shot.

I think Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson are really funny as the parents too.
I thought the "supercool parents" were the most unrealistic aspect of the movie, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Emma Stone has crack comic timing and I'm now in love with her.

This movie looked terrible, but I am reading so many positive reviews it looks like I should give it a shot.
Dont expect too much going in and you wont be disappointed...thought it was good, not great though.

Did you enjoy the 80's John Cusack movies? This is pretty much in the same vein with a snarky chick instead.

I thought the "supercool parents" were the most unrealistic aspect of the movie, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Emma Stone has crack comic timing and I'm now in love with her.
I thought the 'supercool parents' were a deliberate cliche meant to be funny?

I'm not quite sure how I missed Battlestar Galactica the first time around, but yeah. 60-ish more episodes to go. :nerd:

Oh, and the lead Cylon chick ain't bad on the eyes.

looks like we might have to just buy it... or try to find a video store. Im not gonna be able to wait. :thumbup:
Definitely worth it. Season 3 finale is unbelievable. Best episode of a TV show I've ever seen.BTW, its the same writer as the shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you enjoy the 80's John Cusack movies? This is pretty much in the same vein with a snarky chick instead.
Definitely. Loved Say Anything when I saw it in the theater.

Random observation:

Was watching Chasing Amy on Netflix last night (which is stupid because I own the movie, but I digress). There was a great moment that made me realize how far we have come since 1994. Banky is loading his travel bag up with "stroke mags" for an overnight trip, while Holden gets a page and has to go to the pay phone to call Alyssa.

All of that can now be done with one cheap device and Internet. Thanks Al Gore!!!

I thought the 'supercool parents' were a deliberate cliche meant to be funny?
Oh, maybe. :bag:

I may have already posted this, but Glory Daze has always been a guilty pleasure coming of age punk rock movie. It's got a few of my favorite things from my teen years, mainly skateboarding, the Vandals, and Ben Affleck being a whiny #######.

and I believe the king of coming of age punk rock films, SLC Punk with Matthew Lillard, is still available as well.

Users who are viewing this thread