What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

myles was pretty pissed off at the ZERO holding calls on TEN...

guy was absolutely mugged and the refs cant see it?

I can't believe this team is 9-3. You could be the worst 9-3 team to ever beat the pants off and curb stomp a contender in NFL history.

;)

Good job, Brownies. You're dead set and potentially playoff-bound.

I can't believe this team is 9-3. You could be the worst 9-3 team to ever beat the pants off and curb stomp a contender in NFL history.

;)

Good job, Brownies. You're dead set and potentially playoff-bound.
lol, the weird part is, they really shouldn't have lost the Vegas game, they're literally built to play in games like that.

but i'm not gonna complain, just enjoying the ride.

lol, the weird part is, they really shouldn't have lost the Vegas game, they're literally built to play in games like that.

but i'm not gonna complain, just enjoying the ride.
Yep, no sense crying over spilled milk. The Raiders OL is the best part of their team and really shouldn't be underestimated. They seem built to win in the trenches, too. Just any given Sunday and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
needed to cool off after that dreadful 2nd half. ..

but my god we're 9-3. 
This should cool you off.

👉   LINK  👈

We 'could' face them again in January.
Suspended.

NFL doles out a pair of suspensions for stepping on opponents

Sunday’s games had a little bit of everything. They had two of one specific thing.

NFL Media reports that the NFL has suspended Bengals safety Shawn Williams and Titans defensive end Teair Tart one game each for stepping on opponents during their teams’ Week 13 games.

It’s unusual to have one suspension doled out for stepping on an opponent. That hasn’t happened since Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had a case of cold feet (literally, or so he claimed) when he stepped on the lower leg of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. (Suh’s suspension was overturned on appeal.) Before that, Smh received a suspension for stomping on the arm of Packers center Even Dietrich-Smith on Thanksgiving Day in 2011. It’s bizarre to have one day of games spark two such suspensions.

The suspensions will be subject to immediate appeal, and the appeals will be decided by a hearing officer jointly appointed and paid by the league and the NFL Players Association.

Good news we got Teller back but a little surprising we waived Hilliard.

That leaves us with only RB D′Ernest Johnson behind Chubb/Hunt.

Chubb is getting a full workload, Hunt seems a lil worn down, and we're using D'Ernest on kickoff returns.

-----------------------------------------

Cleveland Browns@Browns

We've made the following roster moves:

Activated from Reserve/COVID-19: G Wyatt Teller

Waived: RB Dontrell Hilliard

----------------------------------------

Just checked NFL depth charts and only one other NFL team has 3 RBs, Dallas but they have 2 FBs listed so virtually every NFL team is carrying one more RB/FB which leaves us thin.

Seems like a curious move on the brink of the playoffs for the first time in ages especially with COVID where if we needed a replacement their is a delay before we can add someone to the roster.  

god help me, but i actually read the article on all the tiebreakers.

it basically boils down to Pittsburgh losing out, or they end up with the same record as the Browns, but the Steelers would have to lose to the Bengals.

it's a very low percentage possibility.

Edit:  that was last week.  With the loss to the Bills last night I’m not sure anymore how the tiebreakers would work.  never mind.  

Good news we got Teller back but a little surprising we waived Hilliard.

That leaves us with only RB D′Ernest Johnson behind Chubb/Hunt.

Chubb is getting a full workload, Hunt seems a lil worn down, and we're using D'Ernest on kickoff returns.

-----------------------------------------

Cleveland Browns@Browns

We've made the following roster moves:

Activated from Reserve/COVID-19: G Wyatt Teller

Waived: RB Dontrell Hilliard

----------------------------------------

Just checked NFL depth charts and only one other NFL team has 3 RBs, Dallas but they have 2 FBs listed so virtually every NFL team is carrying one more RB/FB which leaves us thin.

Seems like a curious move on the brink of the playoffs for the first time in ages especially with COVID where if we needed a replacement their is a delay before we can add someone to the roster.  
I thought the way it worked this year was teams would waive someone and they could sign them back to their practice squad?  then they don't have to go through the waiting period if they're called up?

the Browns also have a FB, Janovich.

in a pinch, i think Landry could line up at RB for a few plays.  that dude is tough as nails.

Austin Hooper is banged up this week, but he looks to me like he could tote the rock a few carries if needed.

they've got a lot of good players.

The thing that I find unusual is that the Browns control their own destiny. Win and we are in the playoffs. Usually if there is even a remote chance, 17 different things have to happen for us to have a chance. It was good that the Dolphins and Raiders lost yesterday, but if we can beat the Giants, Jets and split the other two, we have 12 wins and are in for sure.

Post mortem:

Baker has real trouble with press-man.  Ravens started out in press-man but injury bug took out two corners so they had to go to zone where Bake tore them up.

Chief played like a first round TE.  Really no dumb drops that I recall and he made some big catches filling in for Hooper.  Very good sign if he can get into the mix because he's a legit RZ weapon even though he only got one(?) look in the end zone last night that I can recall that came in high and hot.

I'm really liking what I am seeing of Hollywood the last few weeks. 

Orlando Brown owns Myles.  Something about this matchup just favors Brown.  Myles did his best work when he moved over to Fluker's side.  In the first game he got his sack when he moved to the RT.  Its obvious to me he's still effected by the VID but he hasn't been able to solve Orlando Brown who is huge and powerful.  I am curious to see what he can do against the Jets Mecki Beckton (sp?) to see if its a size/power thing since neither are nimble just huge and uber strong.

We really missed Denzel last night.  Our secondary lacks speed.

The D is not good but Lamar destroys this defense.  The only thing that stopped him was cramps. 

The Ravens will win out.  They will be in the playoffs.  The Steelers will win the division but not earn the BYE.  We win next week and we are basically in.  In the final game both teams might have clinched and will be resting starters and then the real season begins.

Looks like 3 teams from the AFCN in the post season so long as we win Sunday Night.

absolutely heartbroken. 

sure, plenty of positives. and ive said countless times our DEF is trash...

And you can actually see w a few key defensive additions in the off-season, we're a serious threat. 

but absolutely gutted. 

if they even had an average defense i'd be getting excited about this team.

oh well.  enjoy the ride this year.  love watching competitive games vs. blowouts.

hopefully they can bulk up the defense next year.

seemed like at times they weren't even playing the run.

i think it was a 3rd and 3, i was yelling at the tv, "Jackson is going to run"

Lamar basically walked to a first down.  wtf?

This front office knew the defense was going to be a problem in spring. In no world could this team possibly be in a position to potentially contend for a title this year. This season was about rebuilding the culture and figuring out if they could build around Baker in 2021 and beyond. Devote 2020's priority resources to giving him the tools to prove his worth. Hope he's successful then use 2021's priority assets on the other side of the ball to try and win a title.

I have never been more excited about this team than I have the last 9 days. We're going to the playoffs and have a legitimate shot to win a game. Scroll back 6, 9, 12 months...read what we were talking about at those times...then compare that to where this team is now. It's remarkable. Enjoy this!

Last night was a throwback to 80's Browns for me. It's just cool to see a good, competitive team in Cleveland again. I'm with Mac, super excited about this team and it's trajectory right now. Last night was a stepping stone and a learning experience, no w go take care of business the next two games and take the Steelers to the woodshed in the final week of the season.

absolutely excited. still heartbroken, but very excited. 

baker needs one more weapon at WR, and i cant for the life of me understand why OBJ cant be it. We have the piece, it just hasnt worked so far. 

Anyways. Onwards

absolutely excited. still heartbroken, but very excited. 

baker needs one more weapon at WR, and i cant for the life of me understand why OBJ cant be it. We have the piece, it just hasnt worked so far. 

Anyways. Onwards
He can. Gotta filter out the noise that follows him, but he's mostly said and done all of the right things since coming here. It's just up to OBJ whether he's willing to be a piece of the puzzle and not the focal point. I'm skeptical that's in his DNA, but we'll find out in a few months.

We're going to the playoffs
If we beat the G-Men its  a 'near-lock' we win at least 11 games which 'should' get us in but ...

We've lost twice to the Ravens so they hold the tiebreaker over us and IMHO they are going to run the table to finish 11-5.

Baltimore remaining schedule:  Jags W - Giants W - at Nati W

Colts and Titans could 'possibly' win out and both only have 4 losses.

Doubt it happens but just to put the fear of God into Soul we could win 11 and not make the playoffs.

Colts remaining schedule:  Texans W - at Pit L - Jags W...  Pittsburgh is struggling so it is possible they win that game.

Titans: Lions W - at GB L - Texans W...  The Titans are hitting their stride and that offense is built for the Green Bay frozen tundra so it is possible they win that game.

Sunday Night is frck'n HUGE if Browns want the playoffs.  HUGE.

amnesiac said:
I think they’ll move OBJ if they get a decent offer.  
It's an interesting discussion for sure.  What's a decent offer to you?  To the Browns?  Wouldn't take much for me to move him most likely.

I've always read/heard that Jarvis is likely to be a casualty this offseason and Odell hangs around for 1 more year.  I'd rather get rid of Odell for a late pick now and keep Jarvis around.

It's an interesting discussion for sure.  What's a decent offer to you?  To the Browns?  Wouldn't take much for me to move him most likely.

I've always read/heard that Jarvis is likely to be a casualty this offseason and Odell hangs around for 1 more year.  I'd rather get rid of Odell for a late pick now and keep Jarvis around.
they're nuts if they let Landry go.

i wasn't a fan when they signed him, but he's one of my favorite players now.

dude embodies everything they are trying to do.

Chin up fellas.  Amazing game last night that just validates we're moving in the right direction.  Honestly if Ward plays I think we're singing a different tune today.  But, he didn't, and the points we left on the table cost us in the end.  The defensive scheme was questionable, regardless of the gaping holes we have at a few spots on the field.

Week 1 meant absolutely nothing in 2020 (especially with a rookie coach and another new offensive scheme) and I really can't believe SO many people were still talking about it 9 wins and 11 weeks later.  Alot has to go against us to not reach the playoffs this year, but it isn't going to matter if we beat both NY teams like we're supposed to.  

some day soon we will finally be able to mention the great franchise of brown in the same breath as other titans like the most storied franchise certainly in the nfl and perhaps all sports the jacksonville jaguars so lets keep hope alive and pray that they reach the summit take that to the bank brohans 

So...so happy I picked up CLE Defense for the playoffs now!  
We gonna have a wind/sleet/snow/hail storm in New York Sunday? Cause aside from that we haven't held any opponent under 25 since week 5...and that team only punted once.

We gonna have a wind/sleet/snow/hail storm in New York Sunday? Cause aside from that we haven't held any opponent under 25 since week 5...and that team only punted once.
Cmon Mr Pessimist. I know you're trying hard to keep that ue sour face going, but its "THE" Colt McCoy and "Predictable" Freddie Kitchens calling plays!  Colt didn't do well last week and that was with Garrett helping him.  Now he gets Freddie?!?  It feels like an early Xmas present.  Even for non-FF standards, this bodes well for the Browns.  It's okay to not be so grinchy this close to Xmas.

if you really see an defender crush a cleveland running back could an announcer say whoa he just laid down a brown or what take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread