What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, so forgive me if it has. In the premier when they had Rick, Bob, and Glenn over the trough and killed 4 others, why didn't they turn? The killers only knocked them in the head with a bat and slit their throats. They didn't seem too concerned about them turning at all.
I'm starting to wondering if some of you even watch the show (sorry, it had to be said). Turning isn't instantaneous.
Shane turned pretty quickly Mr. Do you even watch the show ;)
Andrea's sister didn't.
The point is there isn't a set time to turn and it could be quick or later, thus the reason to kill them the right way the first time. Get it?

"Didn't they already go to DC?"

"Why didn't he turn after that bite?"

"Remember when Peter Brady broke that zombie's nose with the football?"

Jesus, people.
All fair questions IMO.
My question was they didn't turn after being killed and I didn't put a time limit on it. So, his "Why didn't he turn after that bite" wasn't the question I asked. Maybe he was referring to someone else' post and if so, I stand corrected. Again, since it's not known how long it takes to turn after being killed, isn't it best to kill them correctly the first time? Seems like an obvious oversight on the writers part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus, people.
Really? Go hug someone man.
You think these are reasonable questions to be asking at this point in the show?
I don't think most of the questions in this thread are reasonable. It's a show about zombies, yet people are upset that things aren't realistic enough. It's like watching Transformers and complaining about the movie being "so fake" because the talking cars weren't taking damage when they were fighting.

I'd rather not explain how I came by this knowledge (lets just say its from my time in the Army), but...

The blow to the skull is not to kill, but to render them unconcious.

The throat slit is to bleed them out. They want them alive for this as the heart still beating will help evacuate the blood from the body. Remember, they're butchering them, you want to get as much of the blood out as possible.

There was probably a later step we didn't see where they piked the brain AFTER the bodies were done bleeding out.

If they were real smart, they would've suspended them upside down prior to everything as gravity helps a lot.
Cannibalism is probably my last resort, but if I'm going to do it I'm not taking any chances - hang people upside down while they are alive and decapitate them.

I'd rather not explain how I came by this knowledge (lets just say its from my time in the Army), but...

The throat slit is to bleed them out. They want them alive for this as the heart still beating will help evacuate the blood from the body. Remember, they're butchering them, you want to get as much of the blood out as possible.

There was probably a later step we didn't see where they piked the brain AFTER the bodies were done bleeding out.

If they were real smart, they would've suspended them upside down prior to everything as gravity helps a lot.
I think this pretty much explains it all...

- The blow to the head doesn't kill them, simply stuns them.

- They bleed out and the heart may stop pumping at some point but there may still be brain activity.

- It seems that "piking" the head after the draining would make some sense, as they prep the body for whatever the next step is.

Makes sense to me... :thumbup:

- They bleed out and the heart may stop pumping at some point but there may still be brain activity.

- It seems that "piking" the head after the draining would make some sense, as they prep the body for whatever the next step is.

after they are bled out, they would be decapitated, skinned, and hung on hooks for dry aging

Jesus, people.
You think these are reasonable questions to be asking at this point in the show?
I don't think most of the questions in this thread are reasonable. It's a show about zombies, yet people are upset that things aren't realistic enough. It's like watching Transformers and complaining about the movie being "so fake" because the talking cars weren't taking damage when they were fighting.
now that's just silly. Cars can't talk.

Jesus, people.
now that's just silly. Cars can't talk.
I watched Cars and I know cars can talk. It is written.

after they are bled out, they would be decapitated, skinned, and hung on hooks for dry aging
Those 4 in the trough didn't make it to the hook, nor did they turn :)

perhaps they did turn amidst all the chaos but weren't filmed.

Mmm, kobobe beef.

Heard he might be infected. Any truth to the rumor?

TIA

It would be pretty funny when they head north if they hit the northern Georgia border and run into a huge military presence which has quarantined the area and find the zombie apocalypse was limited only to the small part of the world they have been wandering around in the last several months.
:lmao:
That actually sounds like the ending to a pretty decent zombie flick.................patent it.
There's a series of zombie books like this based in Texas. Pretty solid.
I'd ask for a title but you pretty much just spoiled the ending. Thanks.
Actually, that's how the series starts, they quarantine off the infected (by building a wall maybe?).

Edit: Here's the first one (I think)
You loaned me one of these and looking it up it was #2. Definitely didn't need #1 first and have no idea where they'd go for #3-#5, but I did like the one I read.

I think this pretty much explains it all...- The blow to the head doesn't kill them, simply stuns them.

perhaps they did turn amidst all the chaos but weren't filmed.
Maybe the fact that they were all still zip tied in their position left them zombiefied and turned, but still writhing around the trough. Not like turning was going to untie them so they could join the rampage.

JamesTheScot said:
snogger said:
Vike Me said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Has anybody explained why they had to actually go down in the flooded basement instead of trying to dispatch as many walkers from up above as possible?
I assume they didn't want the noise from gunshots to attract more walkers?

Although that didn't seem to bother the Terminus peeps who squeezed off about 300 rounds just to herd dinner (including future shish kaBob) into a train car.
This is what I assumed.. They figured they could use the shelves as shields and kill off the walkers safely.. And it worked fine until Preacher boy saw his woman and went all :loco: causing the team to abandon their plan to save his worthless A##.
You didn't need to shoot them. You just needed to get them within arm's or stick's reach of a sharp point. A chopped off broom handle would do the job handily. It would have taken maybe 10 minutes. Sharpen a stick, sit on the edge of a hole and taunt the walkers into stick range. Rinse, repeat. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it. It's what they did at the fence at the prison.

And how did they get down or up? Preacher collapsed the rotted stairs. What method allowed them all to get positioned behind their defensive line of shelves before the zombies saw them?

There was a whole lot of WTF in that scene.

It's like they tried to use the game of Mousetrap to catch a mouse rather than to just use a simple mousetrap.
They had to come up with something to explain how Bob got bit/scratched without anyone knowing.It goes like this:

Ok, we gotta separate Bob from the group so the Termites can get him and we can have that awesome leg amputation cannibal scene we've been talking about forever.

Why not Glenn?

Dude...stop...you know Glenn is untouchable...plus we're WAY over black quota now with the preacher.

Yea...you're right.

But why would Bob ever separate himself? I gotta think these guys would be holding hands while going to the bathroom by now.

I know...let's have him bitten but no one knows it.. Then he separates himself to end it all.

Hows that work? We're already running out of ways to have these zombies creep up on people...I mean...we actually rained zombies in one episode for God's sake!

What if we planted a zombie in the ground...then have it rain and it comes up out of the mud? Zombie Plant!

We already did that before you got here.

What about fighting them in the dark? Nah...wouldn't work...it's always a full moon in this world we created.

Damn...you're right. I know...underwater.

YES! We haven't touched on water since zombie in a well.

How do we get them to go in this water full of zombies?

We put supplies in the water...then cut scene and our entire group is in the water. Zombie Soup!

Genius.

JohnnyU said:
cstu said:
JohnnyU said:
Jayrok said:
JohnnyU said:
Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, so forgive me if it has. In the premier when they had Rick, Bob, and Glenn over the trough and killed 4 others, why didn't they turn? The killers only knocked them in the head with a bat and slit their throats. They didn't seem to concerned about them turning at all.
The blunt force blow to the back of the head killed them (or made them brain dead?). The slit throat only served to begin bleeding them out... I guess.
Only stabbing and shooting in the head kills them, unless you completely destroy the brain with blunt force. As a precedence to the show, in the past they have had to completely destroy the head to kill them without stabbing or shooting the head. I think they goofed up.
It looked cool, that's all that matters on the show.

However, it takes take for people to turn so the plan could have been to cut all their throats and then stab them in the back of the head.
....but they didn't and there was a lot of time passed with all the fighting outside and they still hadn't turned, nor did the Terminus executioners seem to care before they got killed. Not knowing how long to turn is even more reason to do it right from the beginning IMO.
They need them to be alive so that they can bleed out..........................dead people dont circulate blood. Just an FYI.

cstu said:
I know everyone hates Tyreese's character right now, but this is almost exactly what they did to Rick's character (Farmer Rick) before having him transform into a badass. Eventually he's going to come to grips with reality and realize some people need to be killed - I'm guessing after he finds out what happened to Bob and that it was his fault.

Next episode = Hammer Time
True...just didn't think they'd continue to trot out this chestnut.

He kept saying NO...so he can later see he was wrong. He'll be epic killing machine like Carol before we know it...problem is...he should be already, damn.

kentric said:
Jobber said:
cstu said:
JohnnyU said:
Jayrok said:
JohnnyU said:
Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, so forgive me if it has. In the premier when they had Rick, Bob, and Glenn over the trough and killed 4 others, why didn't they turn? The killers only knocked them in the head with a bat and slit their throats. They didn't seem to concerned about them turning at all.
The blunt force blow to the back of the head killed them (or made them brain dead?). The slit throat only served to begin bleeding them out... I guess.
Only stabbing and shooting in the head kills them, unless you completely destroy the brain with blunt force. As a precedence to the show, in the past they have had to completely destroy the head to kill them without stabbing or shooting the head. I think they goofed up.
It looked cool, that's all that matters on the show.

However, it takes take for people to turn so the plan could have been to cut all their throats and then stab them in the back of the head.
Basically, these guys in the slaughterhouse normally run through 8 people in about 1 minute. Normally they're not interrupted by that youth pastor guy and an assault on their compound. It takes a while for someone to turn.
That brings up an interesting point. We've been having this discussion about them eating Bob's leg and potentially getting infected, but they've been eating dead people all along. Once you die it triggers the zombie X virus. Therefore, even though the virus was already active in Bob, it doesn't seem as there'd be too much of a difference between eating a Bob leg, a Ted arm or and Alice ###.
Well, does a regular living person cause someone to die if they bite them?

Seems if the person is infected they are much more lethal than if not infected, including if you eat them.

If Bob's LEG is infected from a bite, maybe a regular living person's leg is not infected cause the infection starts at the brain at death

Who knows, but I can definitely see a potential difference between an infected Bob leg and a non-infected Bob leg.

cstu said:
I know everyone hates Tyreese's character right now, but this is almost exactly what they did to Rick's character (Farmer Rick) before having him transform into a badass. Eventually he's going to come to grips with reality and realize some people need to be killed - I'm guessing after he finds out what happened to Bob and that it was his fault.

Next episode = Hammer Time
True...just didn't think they'd continue to trot out this chestnut.

He kept saying NO...so he can later see he was wrong. He'll be epic killing machine like Carol before we know it...problem is...he should be already, damn.
Yeah I think Chewer led them to the group, and when TY finds out....................hammer time

They covered how long it takes to turn at the CDC I think. I am to remember them having a conversation abut it and the doc said the time to reanimation varies greatly on a case to case basis.

They covered how long it takes to turn at the CDC I think. I am to remember them having a conversation abut it and the doc said the time to reanimation varies greatly on a case to case basis.
Yeah, when looking at the video of his wife, it took two hours. He says sometimes it takes two days, and they've had reports of it happening as fast as two minutes.

At the end of episode 1 Cutty clearly tells Carol that Chewer is dead and that "I had to, so I did. I could."
Chewing gum dude is going to eventually kill Carol this season, and that's when Tyreese will begin to go ape-####.
No he is going to kill Tyresse to confirm his prediction that people like Tyreese can't survive in the current world. Carol will kill gum chewer to avenge tyreese and further prove gum chewer's point (people like Carol survive).

At the end of episode 1 Cutty clearly tells Carol that Chewer is dead and that "I had to, so I did. I could."
Chewing gum dude is going to eventually kill Carol this season, and that's when Tyreese will begin to go ape-####.
No he is going to kill Tyresse to confirm his prediction that people like Tyreese can't survive in the current world. Carol will kill gum chewer to avenge tyreese and further prove gum chewer's point (people like Carol survive).
They should get Kurt Sutter in on this. Judith dies, Tyrese kills all the Termites, Carol calls someone baby.

Just drafted our 3 man dead pool skins game as the #2 pick, draft went:

1.01- Tara

1.02- Bob

1.03- Sasha

2.01- Tyreese

2.02- Rosita

2.03- Beth

3.01- Sgt. Abraham

3.02- Glenn

3.03- Maggie

4.01- Dr. Porter

4.02- Daryl