What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

this show is nose diving fast. writing is becoming unbearable. glenn thing was full shark jump. no way to really spin it.

can't wait for the zombie fest inside the walls next week though!

Anyone else have a problem with lesbian doc just being cool with going to help someone who just chopped up the people she has been living with the last 2 years?

Worried about making a mistake forgetting a symptom, and completely avoided conflict with porchdick......... tied up axe murderer, behind everyones back, nooooo problem.
At the time she doesn't know she's going to treat a wolf.

The Variety article I quoted summed it up well for me. I thought it was needlessly manipulative and the resolution was highly implausible. I also won't let it ruin the show for me. I think examples of "lazy" or bad writing on this show are significantly fewer than most here insist. This was one of the rare times when I thought the writing was very poor, especially given the importance of what was happening. But I'll move on and hope the season gets back on track next week. The last three episodes have been underwhelming for me.

As for the entire episode, by far my favorite scene was Rick walking past Father Gabe and taking down his flyers. I thought that was great stuff.
I enjoyed that scene as well - including Gabriel putting the flyers right back up. Was waiting for him to stick his tongue out at Rick's back.

The Variety article I quoted summed it up well for me. I thought it was needlessly manipulative and the resolution was highly implausible. I also won't let it ruin the show for me. I think examples of "lazy" or bad writing on this show are significantly fewer than most here insist. This was one of the rare times when I thought the writing was very poor, especially given the importance of what was happening. But I'll move on and hope the season gets back on track next week. The last three episodes have been underwhelming for me.

As for the entire episode, by far my favorite scene was Rick walking past Father Gabe and taking down his flyers. I thought that was great stuff.
I enjoyed that scene as well - including Gabriel putting the flyers right back up. Was waiting for him to stick his tongue out at Rick's back.
Rick was being such a baby even Carl called him out about it.

Everything about that scene was perfect.

prosopis said:
I am glad Glenn is alive but that was a cheap trick. There is no way he crawls under the dumpster they used in the episode where he may have died. They switched dumpsters, that does bother me. It was a cheap trick.
Yup. A lot of his body was exposed while Nick was being chewed up. Makes no sense that all those walkers just ignored Glenn that whole time. I was hoping there would be a good explanation for Glenn surviving that situation. Unfortunately it was pretty much Sylar at the end of Season 1 of "Heroes" in terms of its plausibility.Kinda limping toward the mid-season finale. I don't think that's ever happened before. At least next week should be pure chaos so good chance for the show to get back on track for the season.
I had a feeling he'd be alive and I'm fine with it, but please don't compare it to Heroes. The whole storyline was about killing Sylar and he was stabbed through the chest with a sword. Coming back from that is a bit different than somehow escaping under a dumpster (which was big enough in the screenshots for Glenn to fit under - some posts earlier said it wasn't). One is far fetched but plausible, the other was just plain insulting to viewers. I'm sure some people in here will say the latter was Glenn but for me Sylar was far worse. I don't know the feeding patterns of zombies so I'm OK with believing that Glenn could slide out under the other body. They showed zombies going after him and he killed them this hiding him a bit more. Enid distracted the rest.
I love this show but that was pretty bad. I can't think of a single reason within the context of this show as to why hundreds (thousands?) of walkers would ignore a live person like all those walkers did with Glenn. You'd think one of them at least would notice there's another living person there and take a bite out of him. I like Glenn and I'm happy he's alive but the explanation provided for how he managed to escape that situation was really poor in my opinion. I didn't think it was plausible and the first thing I thought of was Sylar. In both cases, the character didn't die because the writers didn't want him dead even though they put both in situations where logically within the context of the show they should have died.

This was like the old movie serials where they show the hero in a car driving off the cliff only to come back the next week with a new scene showing the hero jumping out of the car well before the car went off the cliff. Since the plan was for Enid to show up there I would've preferred that she distracted the walkers in some fashion so Glenn could get away. That would at least have been plausible.
You don't happen to have a board, a sledge hammer, and an invalid writer in your bedroom, do you? :oldunsure:

What was Enid's plan with the balloons? I missed what she said.
The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.

Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?

Nicholas fell ontop of Glenn. That was Nicholas intestines. Glenn survives. At least thats what i hope.
I watched it again, theyre eating nicholas, not glenn. But unless something distracts that horde quick, theres hardly a way glenn could escape
I wouldn't mind one bit if they found a way for him to roll under the dumpster or hide in the zombie/Nicholas guts. Those ####ers just killed Glenn. Bring him back, right ####### now imo.
I'm calling it here. Glenn knocked up Maggie. That's why he'll "be back" in future episodes.
Rick's knife broke and he cut his hand, also could have been on the machete, but he wasn't bit. If he was we sure didn't see it, and he didn't seem overly concerned that it was a bite.

Did someone actually call Rick an F'n idiot for unloading the clip on those people? He just almost died from the other two guys and blew those others away before he had to scuffle again. Not sure that makes him an F'n idiot. My guess is he also did not anticipate the RV not starting. This happens a lot in shows/movies. Maybe they should try letting it run. Just sezzin.

Who knows if Glenn is dead or not. My guess is no because it looked like they were eating the other guy on top of him, and Glenn is a skinny dude and slipped under the dumpster, then something probably distracts the walkers. Yes people, they get distracted very easily and move on to the new distraction whether they are eating or not. I do also remember a commercial showing that dumpster in previews. So yeah, all real world common sense says he is dead, but I don't think he is.

If he IS dead, he should be. Why in God's name has he attached himself to the Nicholas idiot anyway? That is death worthy.
Props imo
Good work here. If we can get Bry to post some colored tallies, I think I'd be about ready to vote imo.

what's up with the blueprints? Was there some revelation that I missed?
in the midst of her freakout/depression post hubby death/wolf invasion, deeana had her revelation that they needed to keep on keepin on... and immediately started sketching those.
Yeah I remember that, just making sure I didn't miss something else.
She's also great at finger-painting. Time to send Deanna out to pasture.

a few episodes back the midget Deannnnnnaaa went into a manic frenzy drawing those plans with a crayon in a fit of clairvoyance after witnessing 200,000 zombies outside her gates for the first time in her life.

a few episodes back the midget Deannnnnnaaa went into a manic frenzy drawing those plans with a crayon in a fit of clairvoyance after witnessing 200,000 zombies outside her gates for the first time in her life.
:lol: Yeah, I got that part. I thought maybe I missed something on the plans when Michonne (I think?) was looking at them.

On the plans, when you look at the top right of the complex, she had a room labeled "Deanna and Rick's Love Nest".

The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.

Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?
I think the plan was to bring the balloons with them and use them as a distraction. They make noises, let the balloons go and like the helicopter that brought the herd to the farm, it lures the walkers away. She tied them to her backpack just to hold them, nothing more.

No correlation between the balloons and Glenn. Maggie knew Glenn would send a signal. No bad guys would do that, so she knew the balloons was him. No one else from Alexandria was missing that would send a signal, so not a real big stretch there.

:lol: Yeah, I got that part. I thought maybe I missed something on the plans when Michonne (I think?) was looking at them.
I was wondering the same thing, if there was something in there that might lead to them not all getting eaten.

"Logic Destroyer"

That's really quite a perfect summation of this writing.

Should've renamed the episode to that...

The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?
The balloons were the leftover final stage markers for the zombie trail of tears. Obviously whatever is keeping the gas good keeps helium from leaking out of cheap party balloons as well.

Maggie was able to eliminate Abraham as a possible balloon suspect because he obviously would have sucked the helium out of them all and giggled himself silly saying "dolphin smooth" and "motherdick".

The whole balloon thing was a head scratcher. Let me tie some balloons on my backpack and make myself a walking advertisement for zombie chow.Does anyone know the correlation between the balloons and Glenn? Why did Maggie automatically know it was Glenn? Was his second job in a balloon store or was it just Maggie's wishful thinking?
The balloons were the leftover final stage markers for the zombie trail of tears. Obviously whatever is keeping the gas good keeps helium from leaking out of cheap party balloons as well.

Maggie was able to eliminate Abraham as a possible balloon suspect because he obviously would have sucked the helium out of them all and giggled himself silly saying "dolphin smooth" and "motherdick".
thought the same thing. didn't want to... had to.

Man, some of you really need things spelled out for you. Answers don't have to come in the 42 minutes they are asked. Go watch CSI or Law and Order if that is your thing.

the plans were only briefly visible on the show but careful analysis and isleuthing led me to find them on the internet

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jVTrg.jpg

What distracted the walkers over the course of a day or so??? I wanna know!!!! Lazy writers.

I guess i am just ok using my imagination for some things. Was it a squirrel? A can blowing in the wind? One of 1000 other random things? Jesus who cares.

The show isnt 8 hours long every week. I dont need to actually SEE the wind blow a can, or a squirrel crack a nut.

Lazy writing though. The show should be 100 hours a week. Lazy actors, lazy producers, lazy network execs.

What distracted the walkers over the course of a day or so??? I wanna know!!!! Lazy writers.

I guess i am just ok using my imagination for some things. Was it a squirrel? A can blowing in the wind? One of 1000 other random things? Jesus who cares.

The show isnt 8 hours long every week. I dont need to actually SEE the wind blow a can, or a squirrel crack a nut.

Lazy writing though. The show should be 100 hours a week. Lazy actors, lazy producers, lazy network execs.
my only real complaint is the lack of children zombies ...its all adults

Just catching up on demand.

Thankfully Glen showed up in the 1st minute.

I was able to not waste much more time.

Taping out fellas.

I'll check in to see how you guys react when the next villain shows up and it's Dexter and his axe fighting a flying Rick who is shooting laser beams out of his eyes.

Would have been sweet if pennywise would have popped out and ate people. That would have explained the balloons.

my only real complaint is the lack of children zombies ...its all adults
Decomposed faster? Got eaten rather than turned???

from a producing standpoint, liability for future PTSD.

Finally watched last night's episode on DVR.

Oof.

This has been a pretty good season so far IMO, but I think that may have been one of the very worst single episodes in the series.

Finally watched last night's episode on DVR.

Oof.

This has been a pretty good season so far IMO, but I think that may have been one of the very worst single episodes in the series.
Alexandria overun with thousands of walkers and several budding coflicts will help with that.
Yeah, I'm just going to pretend the whole Glenn debacle never took place and skip ahead to the part where the tower collapses.

Lazy viewing imo.

We have a helium tank at work that is over 20 years old. The helium is still good and we use it on random occasions. Since helium is an element, it doesn't break down. As long as the tank is in good condition and doesn't have a leak, it'll last for a very, very long time.

We have a helium tank at work that is over 20 years old. The helium is still good and we use it on random occasions. Since helium is an element, it doesn't break down. As long as the tank is in good condition and doesn't have a leak, it'll last for a very, very long time.
What does that have to do with helium leaking out of the balloons? Lazy reading.

Users who are viewing this thread