What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

We'll never know, right?
Should, I don't believe she's dead unless I missed something.

The way she acts give me the impression that if she is a spy, she's has begun to build bonds with people at Alexandria and feels bad about what she's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a spy
She does disappear all the time and she did collect all those keys. She said that Alexandria was too big to defend, and started to say “There are too many blind spots. That’s how we were able to…”  to Carl during the Wolves attack.

Too risky, I'd shoot her.

Posted a spoiler but deleted it.  I realized with the changes made to the board, spoilers and hidden content are revealed while the page is loading and at times when you click the refresh button.

Porkchop Express said:
Me too, only so that this endless Negan whatifs are finally over.
Given how this show has gone lately, I expect none of this to be resolved tonight.  The certain "comic book events" people are anticipating tonight probably will be pushed until next season.

My prediction is this episode will end just like episode 15.  "Something" happens, but it fades to black and the audience doesn't know exactly who/what and we'll get some Negan monologue. #rollcredits

I think Negan's group is going to get the upper hand on Rick's crew.  Negan's going to have them all lined up.....faces on the ground.  He's going to be talking about how they shouldn't have done this and shouldn't have done that....how they could have been friends...how the guy from Hilltop is a liar and he actually very reasonable etc. etc.  He's then going to get ready to shoot one of them in the head....the gun will go up...the hammer back.....and then all of a sudden he'll slump over dead while the BOOM of a rifle goes off.  Rick will look up, Negan's boys will be getting clipped left and right and Rick will look over and see that Hispanic Family who left them in Season One shooting from a treeline. He'll smile....the Hispanic dad will wink....the credits will roll....Chris Hardwick will say it was a masterpiece. 

If they end with no closure I'm done
I had an unexpected convo with the Mrs. this weekend.  She basically said out of nowhere that she wasn't into TWD as much as she used to be.   Season premier this season had lower ratings than the previous season for the first time in its history.  Average ratings are probably slightly down, but still great of course.   It will be interesting to see how the average viewer responds if there's a silly cliffhanger again after being jerked around over Glenn.

They spent the entirety of season 4B leading up to Terminus.  Final episode was a cliffhanger for next season.  And then resolved the entire conflict in one episode.

I had an unexpected convo with the Mrs. this weekend.  She basically said out of nowhere that she wasn't into TWD as much as she used to be.   Season premier this season had lower ratings than the previous season for the first time in its history.  Average ratings are probably slightly down, but still great of course.   It will be interesting to see how the average viewer responds if there's a silly cliffhanger again after being jerked around over Glenn.
My wife gave up on the show last season. She'll still watch on Sundays but will usually fall asleep and doesn't care to watch it afterwards.

I'm fine with a cliff hanger, and I expect one. I just hope they address the cliff hanger next season. At the start of the second half of this season they acted like Sam wasn't yelling "MOM!" The second half started a few moments after that like Sam was never yelling.

If they do leave it on a cliff hanger you know you'll be back... and so do they..

I think it would be a stupid to go that way since there is no need to have a cliff hanger, but I am prepared for it.  People will return in October with or without a major cliff hanger..

But I think these writers are looking for their "JR" moment.. where all summer is spent wondering what/who .. The Pub they got since they hired the character to play Negan will look small compared to the pub they'd get leaving the who/what unknown..

Could easily have the camera show someone having something be done to them and semi-survive with Negan :lol: over them.. Fade to black as he looks down..

Something probably bad probably happened to someone who probably is a character on the show.  But maybe not!  Tune in next season to find out!

If they do leave it on a cliff hanger you know you'll be back... and so do they..

I think it would be a stupid to go that way since there is no need to have a cliff hanger, but I am prepared for it.  People will return in October with or without a major cliff hanger..

But I think these writers are looking for their "JR" moment.. where all summer is spent wondering what/who .. The Pub they got since they hired the character to play Negan will look small compared to the pub they'd get leaving the who/what unknown..

Could easily have the camera show someone having something be done to them and semi-survive with Negan :lol: over them.. Fade to black as he looks down..

The show has lost more than 10% of its viewers since last season - AMC is worried.

They spent the entirety of season 4B leading up to Terminus.  Final episode was a cliffhanger for next season.  And then resolved the entire conflict in one episode.
Good point - the season 5 premiere had their highest ratings of the entire run and carried the show to the best season they've had.

Good point - the season 5 premiere had their highest ratings of the entire run and carried the show to the best season they've had.
I don't think they intend to resolve Negan in one episode next season.  That would be the single most ridiculous thing this show has ever done.  

If they show him swinging a bat at someone, fade to black and no one has any idea who it was and if they died, that's what will annoy me.  Man up and show us who died, and set us up for the season 7 conflict.  People won't need more incentive to tune in if he goes Hank Aaron on Glenn.  Unless they're afraid of killing the wrong character and hurting ratings.

The show has lost more than 10% of its viewers since last season - AMC is worried.
:shrug: the budget + ratings mean this show is still VERY strong considering it's season 6.. there is a reason BB ended after 5.. after a while the audience wans and looks for the next new thrill rather than the same old stuff... and unfortunately that is all this show has going. . Survive... build.. find bad guy.. survive... build.. find bad guy.. I'm in for next year for sure as I think the Negan storyline could build nicely. .. But at some point this has to become more than.. OMG  a new bad guy who is worse then the last. Or it will end with a whimper.

:shrug: the budget + ratings mean this show is still VERY strong considering it's season 6.. there is a reason BB ended after 5.. after a while the audience wans and looks for the next new thrill rather than the same old stuff... and unfortunately that is all this show has going. . Survive... build.. find bad guy.. survive... build.. find bad guy.. I'm in for next year for sure as I think the Negan storyline could build nicely. .. But at some point this has to become more than.. OMG  a new bad guy who us worse then the last. Or it will end with a whimper.
To you they're strong, but AMC isn't liking the fact that their cash cow is slipping in ratings. They refuse to give the show the budget it deserves from the ratings and will do anything except spend money to make people watch.

Be prepared for nothing to be resolved today and another money-grubbing season next year. I've fully expect the show to keep going on with dwindling budgets until its no longer profitable.

Resolving this in the first episode of next season would just be too redundant of the Terminus and Wolves. Though there are some Wolves out there. But I think they are played out, so I doubt a return.

I blame down ratings on people that don't like continuing storylines. You know, the types that like each episode to be stand alone and they get confused with flash backs and when things aren't spelled out.

To you they're strong, but AMC isn't liking the fact that their cash cow is slipping in ratings. They refuse to give the show the budget it deserves from the ratings and will do anything except spend money to make people watch.

Be prepared for nothing to be resolved today and another money-grubbing season next year. I've fully expect the show to keep going on with dwindling budgets until its no longer profitable.
I think it's getting closer to the time where some of the actors want to move on to something else. But for most this will be their biggest gig.

Resolving this in the first episode of next season would just be too redundant of the Terminus and Wolves. Though there are some Wolves out there. But I think they are played out, so I doubt a return.

I blame down ratings on people that don't like continuing storylines. You know, the types that like each episode to be stand alone and they get confused with flash backs and when things aren't spelled out.
Regardless on how they end tonights episode the only way the Negan storyline wraps up in season 7's premire is if it is the last season of the show... I'd expect at least the first half of next season, if not the whole season to revolve around Negan's group vs. Hilltop & Alexandria.. :shrug:

I'll be back for next season, but I'm under no illusions about this show.  It's a guilty pleasure, and you have to take a whole lotta stupid with the occasional good episode.  And of course you have to keep in mind that the writers don't respect their audience.  But I'm not the intended audience so what do I care.

I don't think this show is too challenging for anyone.

People get tired of things. Especially when every show is built to be an "event", with Talking Dead afterwards, villain speculation, who's going to die, etc etc.

I don't think this show is too challenging for anyone.

People get tired of things. Especially when every show is built to be an "event", with Talking Dead afterwards, villain speculation, who's going to die, etc etc.
:goodposting:   The only drama show I've watched that ran longer than this one was 24.. But that wasn't a continuous storyline persay like this one..

This show doesn't seem to have a planned ending and if it continues down the same storyline of fight bad guy, survive, build, fight new bad guy... then I could see season 8 being the end regardless if the comic book continues on.

I like the show as much as the next guy but a full hour talk show afterwards to discuss the newest episode is ridiculous. WTF watches that?

There's no continuing storyline - them Rick followers get themselves in a whole heap o' trouble and get out of it in the next few episodes.

:goodposting:   The only drama show I've watched that ran longer than this one was 24.. But that wasn't a continuous storyline persay like this one..

This show doesn't seem to have a planned ending and if it continues down the same storyline of fight bad guy, survive, build, fight new bad guy... then I could see season 8 being the end regardless if the comic book continues on.
I think the series will ultimately end on a cliff hanger. I don't think a cure is found or final safe place, because the comic book will go on long after the show.

Those that complain about certain things not being realistic etc. What series has ever made sure that everything was accurate?

Rewatching last weeks episode... Enid gives Maggie a jar of "pickles"... next thing we see ... haircut followed by intense abdominal pain for Maggie... :oldunsure:

Rewatching last weeks episode... Enid gives Maggie a jar of "pickles"... next thing we see ... haircut followed by intense abdominal pain for Maggie... :oldunsure:
Some have suspected Enid poisoned it. Seems far fetched. Would a person be reluctant to eat from a non-refrigerated jar of pickles where the seal was opened?

I think it's a miscarriage or something. Gives a reason for Maggie to go to Hill Top to see the Dr.

Users who are viewing this thread