What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Jayrok is dead-on with Gregory being the birdie IMO.  He's becoming Eugene 2.0.  Wants to be somewhere where he's safe and doesn't have to worry about fighting or killing.  But he wants to be a boss of some kind, be in charge of people, like he is now.  He ought to know by now that to climb Negan's ranks though, you have to put in your dues.  I doubt Negan would take him in and automatically promote him to some kind of boss without having a trail period where you do the dirty work and prove your loyalty.  BUT, tipping off Negan to an inevitable uprising might just be the worthy enough move to get him the cushy position at the Sanctuary where he doesnt have to get his hands dirty.  
Gregory's only value to Negan is where he is right now.  Within Negan's organization at the Savior compound, Gregory is worthless.  No balls (unlike Sasha) and no brains (unlike Eugene).

I find myself thinking about how Gregory would tip him off without it backfiring on him.  Does he tell Negan that it's the Hilltop wanting to fight?  Well then how in the hell does the leader of the Hilltop not have control of his own people?  Does he tell him Alexandria is going to revolt?  As far as Negan and crew know, Alexandria and Hilltop don't know each other.  How would Gregory know what Alexandria is going to do?  
Good points.  Seems he's deflecting the blame to Rick and Alexandria.  Negan did say the birdie told him Rick was up to no good.  He may have also thrown Jesus under the bus and told Negan that Jesus is his recruiter for Hilltop and he brought in a few people that turned out to be part of Rick's group, unbeknownst to him, of course.  He may have said he met Rick later but didn't realize they were enemies of Negan until he (recently) over heard a conversation, or something.  Gregory is a coward but he is smart and seemingly knows how to talk himself out of a situation.  

He may have not told Negan about a full on revolt, but just mentioned that he thinks that Rick is up to no good and wanted to let Negan know that he thinks something might be going on over in Rick's camp.  He also may have said he never met Rick, just heard the people that Jesus pulled in talking about their old community's leader.  Something to distance himself from whatever's going on.  

Gregory's only value to Negan is where he is right now.  Within Negan's organization at the Savior compound, Gregory is worthless.  No balls (unlike Sasha) and no brains (unlike Eugene).
Right...but that leads to what I'm saying about how could Gregory tip him off?  If he says "my hilltoppers are joining a rebellion to come fight you" then he basically just admitted that he has no control over his folks and is therefore useless where he is also.  Curious if we'll see how it played out

But Gregory doesn't know that.  I think he believes that he is in tight with Simon and he'll be allowed to fit somewhere with Simon's men... maybe his right hand man or something.  What he doesn't realize is Simon thinks he's a fool.  Gregory may end up at the end of the baseball bat or on the fence.  

Good points.  Seems he's deflecting the blame to Rick and Alexandria.  Negan did say the birdie told him Rick was up to no good.  He may have also thrown Jesus under the bus and told Negan that Jesus is his recruiter for Hilltop and he brought in a few people that turned out to be part of Rick's group, unbeknownst to him, of course.  He may have said he met Rick later but didn't realize they were enemies of Negan until he (recently) over heard a conversation, or something.  Gregory is a coward but he is smart and seemingly knows how to talk himself out of a situation.  

He may have not told Negan about a full on revolt, but just mentioned that he thinks that Rick is up to no good and wanted to let Negan know that he thinks something might be going on over in Rick's camp.  He also may have said he never met Rick, just heard the people that Jesus pulled in talking about their old community's leader.  Something to distance himself from whatever's going on.  
Interesting....I could absolutely see him throwing Jesus under the bus given their recent disagreements.  Good thought, and it pretty well answers my question.  

I'll be curious to see how Rick and the Rebels attempt to attack now that Negan is somewhat knowledgeable that something is coming.  The element of surprise was perhaps Rick's biggest advantage...

Or maybe all this "a little birdie told me" speculation is just Negan trying to get information from Sasha.  After all, he knows Rick and the group hate his guts.  Rosita shot at him point blank, and he's lucky to survive that one. Carl tried to break in and take him out.  Daryl fought and escaped.  Now he sees another one of Ricks people has just tried to break in and killed a few folks in the process.  All those little things add up and he starts to get the sense that maybe Rick and Co. are plotting something, since he hasn't gotten the 100% submission from all of them that he expected/wanted since the headbashings in the forest. 

Interesting....I could absolutely see him throwing Jesus under the bus given their recent disagreements.  Good thought, and it pretty well answers my question.  

I'll be curious to see how Rick and the Rebels attempt to attack now that Negan is somewhat knowledgeable that something is coming.  The element of surprise was perhaps Rick's biggest advantage...
We could be dead wrong, of course.  Gregory did bring in Jesus and let him know he was doing a subpar job of recruiting and such.  And he threatened Jesus.  Seemed that was for the audience's benefit for a lead-in to betray Jesus to Negan.  Speculation of course.  

I don't know how Rick plans to attack either, given that Negan has outposts and not all his men are at the sanctuary.  Simon and the goober that deals with Ezekiel have men outside the sanctuary.  

On the same token, it's possible that Dwight is infiltrating Rick's group for Negan and has reported back to Negan what's going on (walkie?).  Maybe he's the birdie.  Who knows?  

On the same token, it's possible that Dwight is infiltrating Rick's group for Negan and has reported back to Negan what's going on (walkie?).  Maybe he's the birdie.  Who knows?  
Maybe there's something I'm not thinking of, but I don't see how Dwight is the birdie yet...he just doesn't know enough I dont think.  At this point in the story, all Dwight really knows is that Rosita was at the Sanctuary walls with guns.  Maybe he saw Sasha go in too, but if he were talking with Negan then he would know by now that she's been captured. But seeing two girls at the fence isn't enough IMO to tell him that Rick has a plan. If an enemy was going to coordinate a plan that involved sending two "scouts" or infiltrators into the Sanctuary, they wouldn't send two girls.  Not being sexist here, just seriously doubt that Dwight or Negan would see Sasha and Rosita's attempt as a coordinated move by Rick. Rick wouldn't send two girls.  Nobody would (except Oceanside, since that's all they have).  Rick might send a girl, or two girls, but he's going to send a dude with them as backup. 

I seriously doubt Rick or anyone else is going to share any information at all with Dwight about their plan now that he's at Alexandria, not until they figure out a way for Dwight to prove that he's really against Negan somehow.  

On a side note - one of the things I liked about last night's episode was how it showed that Rick and his group could develop and execute a good plan for entering and taking control over a community (Oceanside).  Obviously the Sanctuary won't be nearly as simple to pull off, but this whole season I've been wondering how Rick and the rebellion plan on attacking the Saviors when they do get enough people and guns.  Last night didn't show all the planning details, but it at least conveyed the message that they are capable of planning an attack

So I haven't heard too much talk in here about it, but it seems like everyone is ok with what Rick is doing? He promised Hilltop protection taking half their food and failed at that (also indirectly put them in danger harboring Maggie and Darryl there), and he has now led a hostile takeover of another camp stealing all their guns. I don't see how this is different from Neegan, nobody has thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there's something I'm not thinking of, but I don't see how Dwight is the birdie yet...he just doesn't know enough I dont think.  At this point in the story, all Dwight really knows is that Rosita was at the Sanctuary walls with guns.  Maybe he saw Sasha go in too, but if he were talking with Negan then he would know by now that she's been captured. But seeing two girls at the fence isn't enough IMO to tell him that Rick has a plan. If an enemy was going to coordinate a plan that involved sending two "scouts" or infiltrators into the Sanctuary, they wouldn't send two girls.  Not being sexist here, just seriously doubt that Dwight or Negan would see Sasha and Rosita's attempt as a coordinated move by Rick. Rick wouldn't send two girls.  Nobody would (except Oceanside, since that's all they have).  Rick might send a girl, or two girls, but he's going to send a dude with them as backup. 

I seriously doubt Rick or anyone else is going to share any information at all with Dwight about their plan now that he's at Alexandria, not until they figure out a way for Dwight to prove that he's really against Negan somehow.  
They didn't show what happened after Dwight meets with Rosita.  We do know that he is back at Alexandria in the holding cell and Rosita brings Rick to him.  But Rosita meets Dwight the night of Sasha's entry into the compound.  Negan talks with Sasha the next day and talks about what she did last night.  Dwight could have convinced Rosita that he wants to join their cause against Negan on their way back to Alexandria that night.  Plenty of time for Rosita to let Dwight in on any plans Rick and company may have (less specifics of course).  

I don't think it's Dwight either, but I think it's possible.  

So I haven't heard too much talk in here about it, but it seems like everyone is ok with what Rick is doing? He promised Hilltop protection taking half their food and failed at that (also indirectly put them in danger harboring Maggie and Darryl there), and he has now led a hostile takeover of another camp stealing all their guns. I don't see how this is different from Neegan, nobody has thoughts on this?
same thing I said to my wife. Essentially he took all their guns, same thing Negan did to his crew.

Jayrok is dead-on with Gregory being the birdie IMO.  He's becoming Eugene 2.0.  Wants to be somewhere where he's safe and doesn't have to worry about fighting or killing.  But he wants to be a boss of some kind, be in charge of people, like he is now.  He ought to know by now that to climb Negan's ranks though, you have to put in your dues.  I doubt Negan would take him in and automatically promote him to some kind of boss without having a trial period where you do the dirty work and prove your loyalty.  BUT, tipping off Negan to an inevitable uprising might just be the worthy enough move to get him the cushy position at the Sanctuary where he doesnt have to get his hands dirty.  

That kind of planning worked out well for Spencer

Someone mentioned (I think it may have been the guy who plays Simon.. or it may have been Negan himself) that if the viewing audience started watching the show with Negan's group as the main characters and going out from there, they'd view this thing differently with maybe Rick being the bad guy who's doing all the harm.  

Someone mentioned (I think it may have been the guy who plays Simon.. or it may have been Negan himself) that if the viewing audience started watching the show with Negan's group as the main characters and going out from there, they'd view this thing differently with maybe Rick being the bad guy who's doing all the harm.  
certainly is a valid point, since one of the first interactions being Rick's group invading the Savior's outpost and killing a lot of Neegan's people while they slept.

My off-the-wall pick for Negan's spy with zero knowledge of the comics:
it's funny I opened the spoiler and couldn't close it to respond. But I like your thoughts on this one. the character you mention is an interesting one because it definitely seems like something is going on there, and they have eluded to stuff in the past, but they continue to leave it mysterious. I suspect she may play a part for a later story line, but am unsure how they will be able to fit that in

On a side note - one of the things I liked about last night's episode was how it showed that Rick and his group could develop and execute a good plan for entering and taking control over a community (Oceanside).  Obviously the Sanctuary won't be nearly as simple to pull off, but this whole season I've been wondering how Rick and the rebellion plan on attacking the Saviors when they do get enough people and guns.  Last night didn't show all the planning details, but it at least conveyed the message that they are capable of planning an attack
I thought they wasted a ton of explosives in trying to herd the people rather than just bum rush them with weapons at night or whatever. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
it's funny I opened the spoiler and couldn't close it to respond. But I like your thoughts on this one. the character you mention is an interesting one because it definitely seems like something is going on there, and they have eluded to stuff in the past, but they continue to leave it mysterious. I suspect she may play a part for a later story line, but am unsure how they will be able to fit that in
related question... is that character from the comics?  

I'm so tired of Rick.  I really want him to die.   Still optimistic that J'offrey will make a cameo and chop off his head.   

Last edited by a moderator:
My off-the-wall pick for Negan's spy with zero knowledge of the comics:

Enid.  I always felt there was something more with her story than we were shown. Gregory and Eugene are too obvious and I expect Gregory's visit to Simon to backfire on him spectacularly
Felt that way for a long time and there was plenty of discussion in this thread a few seasons back. 

This sounds good but don't forget that Tara had already seen exactly how the group reacted to the alerts going off and knowing their patterns would really help you in planning a takeover like they did.

Still was nice touch to hand weapons to the Oceanside women to help clear the Walkers. Shows that they are who and what they say to the women.

This sounds good but don't forget that Tara had already seen exactly how the group reacted to the alerts going off and knowing their patterns would really help you in planning a takeover like they did.

Still was nice touch to hand weapons to the Oceanside women to help clear the Walkers. Shows that they are who and what they say to the women.
Your first part is where Dwight comes in. Guy has been nose deep up Negan's butt long enough to know his next Library visit. :mellow:

Anyone have any hopes for that wrecked ship now that they lured all of the dead off of it, or just another ignored scavenging opportunity?

Negan's soliloquies give me a headache with all the rocking back and forth, forced smile, and changes in his vocal tone.  I liked him much better as The Comedian.
Guy who plays Negan  also played a heavy in the western movie "The Salvation". His role in the movie plays out pretty much as a an audition for Negan. Including a gathering of the townfolk in a circle with a decision of which two of them are going to be executed as punishment for the killing of his brother.

I always assumed one of the best ways to attack Negan and the saviors was to use the walkers as a screen of sorts since it always appeared that Rick and Co were out-numbered so why not use the walkers to Rick's advantage.  Now I don't know.  Just because Negan has the numbers doesn't necessarily mean they all know how to handle the weapons they have.

Looking forward to the beginning of the war but not looking forward to the long wait for October for the next season.

I always assumed one of the best ways to attack Negan and the saviors was to use the walkers as a screen of sorts since it always appeared that Rick and Co were out-numbered so why not use the walkers to Rick's advantage.  Now I don't know.  Just because Negan has the numbers doesn't necessarily mean they all know how to handle the weapons they have.

Looking forward to the beginning of the war but not looking forward to the long wait for October for the next season.
You make an interesting point.  It appears that while Negan has an army, most of his people do other things to keep society going.  As such, they very well may be useless in a battle.  From Neegan's standpoint, I guess it makes sense because you don't want your entire subjugated populace to be trained fighters lest they rise up against you.  But at some point with all the communities joining forces, Neegan won't have the huge numbers advantage in terms of soldiers. 

Well, they did say they will give the guns back when they are done :obc:

A quote from the great Rambo, "They drew first blood, not me".

I think Rick will return to Oceanside after the war with the guns and some other things that he takes from the Saviors. That will convince Oceanside to be part of their extended community in the post-War society.

Regarding the war against the Saviors. Negan does have a ton of people, but they are spread out in different compounds. My guess is that Rick attack's Negan's place first, then goes after the individual compounds.

Guy who plays Negan  also played a heavy in the western movie "The Salvation". His role in the movie plays out pretty much as a an audition for Negan. Including a gathering of the townfolk in a circle with a decision of which two of them are going to be executed as punishment for the killing of his brother.
So i am watching an episode of Sons of Anarchy, and it got me thinking. I remember when Kirkman first wrote the comics, he came out and said that he designed Neegan based off of Henry Rollins (not completely analagous, but the basic idea). Watching Henry on Sons of Anarchy, he is an ok actor, i wonder how he would have been as Neegan. Of course Henry 10-15 years ago could have been real good, but any thoughts on if a different actor played Neegan how it would be?

Users who are viewing this thread