What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Is that really a flash forward or Rick dreaming about how he would like it to be?
I think what they were trying to do in that episode, was overlay Rick's dream sequence with the scenes of him standing over the two graves with no explanation.  Guessing Carl and/or Michonne is in those graves.  

Decent idea with the flash forward to a dream of a further flash forward, but again I thought it was poorly executed.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The zombies somehow moving as fast as Darryl on the motorcycle was pretty comical to me.  I had totally forgotten about the premier until I saw the thread bumped last night.  That shows how much my interest has gone down on this show. 
Got a chuckle on that too, but figured that's just how the show rolls so go with it.

Is that really a flash forward or Rick dreaming about how he would like it to be?
I think what they were trying to do in that episode, was overlay Rick's dream sequence with the scenes of him standing over the two graves with no explanation.  Guessing Carl and/or Michonne is in those graves.  

Decent idea with the flash forward to a dream of a further flash forward, but again I thought it was poorly executed.
second level inception dream. but a stupid one.

The zombies somehow moving as fast as Darryl on the motorcycle was pretty comical to me.  I had totally forgotten about the premier until I saw the thread bumped last night.  That shows how much my interest has gone down on this show. 
Got a chuckle on that too, but figured that's just how the show rolls so go with it.
yeah- at this point, whatever. at least it got the action going quicker. like how they selectively have people take a split second to turn into zombies after dying.

But the scenes were entirely misplaced.

Supposedly a scene from the near future; shortly after this latest confrontation with Negan.  New character being introduced from the comics: Siddiq. [\spoiler]

Why throw it in there with this episode where it confused itself with the other flash forwards I have no idea.  Could have just as easily been done at the beginning of the next episode.

and speaking of missing badly and why do they hate windows... 

darryl was an awfully good shot while driving his motorcycle- WHY DOES HE HATE CANS?!

can somebody remind me... all of those explosives- in the cans, etc- were those set by negan, or rick? if negan, we're assuming dwight told them about exact locations? and that shooting them would cause them to detonate?
Killed the lookouts so they couldn't radio ahead that the whole squad was rolling in.

Detonated the explosives to keep the herd moving towards the Sanctuary.  Darryl shoots the one ahead of him before turning left, away from the Sanctuary....to keep the herd moving that way and not following him.

All seemed pretty obvious to me.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Killed the lookouts so they couldn't radio ahead that the whole squad was rolling in.

Detonated the explosives to keep the herd moving towards the Sanctuary.  Darryl shoots ones ahead of him before turning left, away from the Sanctuary....to keep them moving that way.

All seemed pretty obvious to me.  :shrug:
all obvious. but not my question.

who set those explosives in place for darryl to shoot at? if negan- why? if rick- nice detonation process... hitting them with a bullet from a racing motorcycle (as pointed out- racing ahead of a motorcycle speed zombie herd).

all obvious. but not my question.

who set those explosives in place for darryl to shoot at? if negan- why? if rick- nice detonation process... hitting them with a bullet from a racing motorcycle (as pointed out- racing ahead of a motorcycle speed zombie herd).
Considering they were blowing #### up all over the place and that they were strategically placed en route to the Sanctuary, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it was Rick that had them set up.

As for the zombie herd being "motorcycle speed".....I didn't get that.  Darryl slows down for them to "catch up", speeds off and shoots an explosive.  Rinse, repeat.

Supposedly a scene from the near future; shortly after this latest confrontation with Negan.  New character being introduced from the comics: Siddiq. [\spoiler]

Why throw it in there with this episode where it confused itself with the other flash forwards I have no idea.  Could have just as easily been done at the beginning of the next episode.
Well that's even dumber then.

hmmm. I took the graves to be that of Abraham and Glenn :oldunsure:

The throwback to the gas station meeting the new character was happening while Rick and Carl were out setting up the explosives for Daryl to keep the herd moving towards the sanctuary.  

Killing the outpost guards was probably as realistic as it could be.  Imagine a random person standing a 12 hour shift on a deer stand watching absolutely nothing.  You would not be at your greatest attention and pretty easy to kill too.

Rick has never been the master planner, so a weird plan makes sense from his character.  Looked like they were trying to demonstrate to the garbage pail kids and potentially to a batch of the saviors that they are not invincible and their fortress is easily breached(Rick taking a Polaroid pic of the blown out building ala Negan's pics post Lucille).  Now who could have predicted that Negan himself would step out onto the platform (not a single person has trashed him yet for that idiotic move) with all of his top Lieutenants to face off against the mobile armed group that just came firing at his doorstep.  

Has anyone actually kept score on the kill numbers with Negan vs Rick?  I think Rick's group is easily winning this by a score of approx 50-7 and 5 of the 7 were random red shirts anyway.  Not bad for such a screw up like Rick.

If Gabriel doesn't pump about an entire clip worth of rounds in to Negan, the show reaches new levels of BS. Which is obviously exactly what is going to happen.

Y'all are baggin on Rick but maybe Negan secretly has an army of vampires that Rick and crew just took out be shooting out the windows and turning them to dust with sunlight.

I mean, what other reason could there possibly be for wasting so much ammo to take out a few harmless windows. 

Y'all are baggin on Rick but maybe Negan secretly has an army of vampires that Rick and crew just took out be shooting out the windows and turning them to dust with sunlight.

I mean, what other reason could there possibly be for wasting so much ammo to take out a few harmless windows. 
I laughed.

pantherclub said:
Which scene is from the future? 
Of red-eyed Rick standing over two fresh graves.  At that point, in the future, he is dreaming of how things could have been (dream sequence scenes).

Two graves are Abraham and Glenn at Hilltop.  Confirmed in interview with the director of the episode.  
That is what I was thinking and am pretty disappointed if I am right.  I was digging the theory that it is in the future and Rick is looking back at Michonne and/or Coral or Judith's graves,

It's terrible. Which is disappointing because the premise is a good one.
I agree.  You have to really really try hard to eff up a zombie show and they did that in spades.

Not sure why they had to get cute with the show but they did instead of making it a survival they made it a soap opera

Its a damn shame that we have to see interviews with the director and actors to figure out what is going on with this show.  Why make it confusing?  Its just a zombie show
I didn't think it was that confusing.   They have shown Maggie, Sasha and Enid at those graves quite a bit.   That setting has been used a dozen times.  Only the camera angle was different.

I didn't think it was that confusing.   They have shown Maggie, Sasha and Enid at those graves quite a bit.   That setting has been used a dozen times.  Only the camera angle was different.
Agree. But graves looked fresh. And the red eyed Rick implies shukes version... that's the only confusion.

Agree. But graves looked fresh. And the red eyed Rick implies shukes version... that's the only confusion.
The thing with "Red Eye" Rick is that it could be "Past Rick" visiting the graves before the War starts.. Or it is Between Present Rick and Future Rick..
But while watching I was 99% sure it that it is was Abraham and Glenn's graves. :shrug:

fwiw... 1st ever zombie killed in ep1 comes back for rick to kill all over again in ep100

and fwiw2... ratings for premieres- bell curve appearing.

The Walking Dead (Live+7) averages over the years

Season 1
6.9 million viewers (4.8 million adults 18-49)

Season 2
9.5 million viewers (6.6 million adults 18-49)

Season 3
14.4 million viewers (9.6 million adults 18-49)

Season 4
18.4 million viewers (12.2 million adults 18-49)

Season 5
20.1 million viewers (13.3 million adults 18-49)

Season 6
18.9 million viewers (12.1 million adults 18-49)

Season 7
16.4 million viewers (10.3 million adults 18-49)

It's terrible. Which is disappointing because the premise is a good one.
the first two seasons were mostly terrible because the cast sucked.   but through the miraculous process of natural selection, all the weakest characters have been murdered off to the point where this last season was actually pretty good.

the first two seasons were mostly terrible because the cast sucked.   but through the miraculous process of natural selection, all the weakest characters have been murdered off to the point where this last season was actually pretty good.
this last season was god-awful... so bad, I was able to walk away without finishing. I guess I'm curious about what you liked in it... but also worried about being pulled back in to that crap-storm.

I mentioned in the other thread, but for me the premise of seeing how civilization reacts to, fails and becomes apocalyptic because of the zombies was the interesting part. they dealt with that inside the first half of the first season, IIRC. seeing people fight zombies and eachother in ways that were mirror images of the original, but done even worse... there's just no point. we already have one show that shows this stuff badly.

this last season was god-awful... so bad, I was able to walk away without finishing. I guess I'm curious about what you liked in it... but also worried about being pulled back in to that crap-storm.

I mentioned in the other thread, but for me the premise of seeing how civilization reacts to, fails and becomes apocalyptic because of the zombies was the interesting part. they dealt with that inside the first half of the first season, IIRC. seeing people fight zombies and eachother in ways that were mirror images of the original, but done even worse... there's just no point. we already have one show that shows this stuff badly.
they got rid of the father who i thought was a character they completely bungled.   In first season he snaps and murders a guy with his bare hands.  If he had become that guy and stayed that guy throughout the show i would have liked him (shane- esq)   but he was too soft.   they got rid of the son, he was horrible.   They kept the best characters, strand, madison, nick, alicia, daniel  and then added 3 bad guys jeremiah, troy and walker.   the last several episodes were good, the last one was very good.      They also did one episode completely in spanish which was great.

I see the show on an upswing in terms of the story and characters.   

I thought it was only in it's 3rd season.
Same here. I had recorded something like 40 episodes. Then we switched providers, so I'll have to stream them I guess. Still not sure I can get into it. I don't like anyone in the show. The mom is mildly intriguing. The Samoan or whatever dad has all the acting range of a football. Young Johnny Depp is just a dirt bag and not doing anything to redeem himself IMO. The rich black guy was about the best character. And the chick that takes off and her little mini story after mini story was boring too. 

Users who are viewing this thread