What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

Looks like Notcigs is coming out with their own version of the REO (I think anyway). Looks nice. I like the looks of it more than the REOs. More "classy" looking imo.

Not cig's version
I read a little about this (and the Eclipse, also coming soon) - it's a variable voltage box mod, which is fantastic. It's a top feeder rather than a bottom feeder, so that will be different, but the look and variable voltage options are terrific.Problem is, I've read it's going to hit the market at $250-$275 rather than $136 for the REO.

'Rovers said:
Honestly, I think some of you that are over looking the Buzz are making a mistake. My 808's just don't get it done for me. I just landed a new job, certainly no dream job, but a job, and I've been stuck in a room with other people doing some agonizingly boring computer based training. Anyways...I've been stealth vaping my Buzz the whole time. I pull it out of my shirt pocket, take 3 or 4 vapes... no one has a clue. I have to hold the vape for a bit to limit the visable vapor, but after 3 days no one has noticed a thing. It's shorter than the Infinity, and fits right in my hand with just the Ikenvape mega sticking out. Buying a Buzz was the best decision I've made in vaping. Batteries last over a day. One Ikenvape mega, I'm good for the whole day. Even for stealth vaping.
Isn't the Infinity even smaller/lighter? Seems like that would be even better for stealth vaping, do you find yourself still using the Buzz more?
I have both, but prefer the Buzz, actually. The Buzz is slightly heavier, but a half inch shorter at 4 1/4"s. The Infinity is the thickness of a roll of dimes, the Buzz like a roll of nickles. The Buzz is exTREMELY well built. Very rugged. The Ininity is not as durable. That extra length makes it more diffcult to carry around. The native connector on my Infinity has loosened, and I had not dropped it. It still vapes fine, but Notcigs already knows I'll be sending it back in for a repair as soon as I get my second, updated Buzz. The extra thickness of the Buzz I find to be more ergonomic in my hand. That extra half inch makes a surprisingly big difference. They vape equally well. I've dropped the Buzz, stepped on it, whatever, it's just built incredibly solidly.

'Rovers said:
Honestly, I think some of you that are over looking the Buzz are making a mistake. My 808's just don't get it done for me. I just landed a new job, certainly no dream job, but a job, and I've been stuck in a room with other people doing some agonizingly boring computer based training. Anyways...I've been stealth vaping my Buzz the whole time. I pull it out of my shirt pocket, take 3 or 4 vapes... no one has a clue. I have to hold the vape for a bit to limit the visable vapor, but after 3 days no one has noticed a thing. It's shorter than the Infinity, and fits right in my hand with just the Ikenvape mega sticking out. Buying a Buzz was the best decision I've made in vaping. Batteries last over a day. One Ikenvape mega, I'm good for the whole day. Even for stealth vaping.
Isn't the Infinity even smaller/lighter? Seems like that would be even better for stealth vaping, do you find yourself still using the Buzz more?
I have both, but prefer the Buzz, actually. The Buzz is slightly heavier, but a half inch shorter at 4 1/4"s. The Infinity is the thickness of a roll of dimes, the Buzz like a roll of nickles. The Buzz is exTREMELY well built. Very rugged. The Ininity is not as durable. That extra length makes it more diffcult to carry around. The native connector on my Infinity has loosened, and I had not dropped it. It still vapes fine, but Notcigs already knows I'll be sending it back in for a repair as soon as I get my second, updated Buzz. The extra thickness of the Buzz I find to be more ergonomic in my hand. That extra half inch makes a surprisingly big difference. They vape equally well. I've dropped the Buzz, stepped on it, whatever, it's just built incredibly solidly.
That's the same logic behind my choice of a REO over a less expensive box mod. I read a review where some guy literally drove over it in his SUV and it didn't have a mark on it. I need that because I tend to drop/break stuff.

Bought the Bloog Trifecta. This things makes all day vaping so easy if you sit at a computer like I do. Not having the 5 sec cutoff really helps generate plumes of vapor.

Ha, one of the hazards of getting to 29 pages is now I can't find info I'm looking for (well, technically I'm just too lazy to figure out where the info is). Wingnut had posted info on doublers and Tasty Vapor which is of interest to me right now. I've been looking at Tasty Vapor e-liquids since I'm now buying juice & they had such great reviews in this thread. I noticed they have my current favorite (Bananas Foster) on sale. Problem is, I use 18 mg and apparently they only offer in 12/24/36/48. So, I'm needing a crash course in doublers and also have a questions on PG/sweetener options.

1. Doublers: The juices come in 1 oz, and doublers come in 2 oz. Can anyone confirm if I get the 1 oz 48 mg and mix with 2 oz doubler, it's basically the same as getting 3 oz of 16 mg nicotine juice (i.e. 48 mg divided by 3 oz = 16 mg) and I can eek it closer to 18 mg by skimping a few ml of the doubler? Other option would be to get the 36 mg and just use half of the 2 oz doubler to get it to 18 mg, but in either case I'm doing a little bit of pouring guesswork. If I go 48 mg it would be a heck of a bargain getting roughly 90 ml for $20. Probably last me as long as 100+ cartomizers for the cost of 10 prefilleds.

2. They ask for a PG level. I seem to recall Wingnut saying 20% PG is the best ratio for good TH. Can anyone confirm 20% is the way to go for both the e-liquid and doubler?

3. There's a **Sweetener Recommended** note at the top of the screen for this flavor and a yes/no sweetener option... probably a no brainer given the TV recommendation, but get the sweetener?

BTW- 10 more IKEN KR-808 megas just arrived today so I'm set. Anyone who likes Bloog carts would love the IKEN KG-808 Megas. Just a great quality cartomizer, holds a lot of fluid and not as susceptible to burn out as the V4L cartomizers if you top them off daily. They're just solid [*but remember, these are not for use on USB Pass Thrus, just for 808 batteries]. Doesn't bother me a bit; since I got the Iken Megas I stopped using the pass thru. I was burning out V4L cartomizers way prematurely using PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Notcigs is coming out with their own version of the REO (I think anyway). Looks nice. I like the looks of it more than the REOs. More "classy" looking imo.

Not cig's version
:goodposting: That does look nice! Cool features too... variable voltage, built-in charger, sleek exterior... It almost looks like a flask. :banned: It says that its a top-feeder, so I'm guessing there's a small piece of tubing missing from the picture. From the small black circle on the top of the unit up to the connection between the drip tip and atomizer I would think. I'm curious if it uses standard batteries or has some type of proprietary battery pack.Very cool though and a nice find! :thumbup:

:eek: Not sure its worth $250-$275 though!

'Rovers said:
That's the same logic behind my choice of a REO over a less expensive box mod. I read a review where some guy literally drove over it in his SUV and it didn't have a mark on it. I need that because I tend to drop/break stuff.
You'll want to keep an extra atty on hand then, 'cause that's about the only thing you could possibly damage on this thing.

BTW- 10 more IKEN KR-808 megas just arrived today so I'm set. Anyone who likes Bloog carts would love the IKEN KG-808 Megas. Just a great quality cartomizer, holds a lot of fluid and not as susceptible to burn out as the V4L cartomizers if you top them off daily. They're just solid [*but remember, these are not for use on USB Pass Thrus, just for 808 batteries]. Doesn't bother me a bit; since I got the Iken Megas I stopped using the pass thru. I was burning out V4L cartomizers way prematurely using PT.
I just got my first IKENs. Outstanding!! I was sitting here vaping it on the pass thru tough. I thought i read that it was the LR version that couldn't be used on the pass thru?? I switched back to a battery until confirmed. I do like the extra capacity!!!

I just got my first IKENs. Outstanding!! I was sitting here vaping it on the pass thru tough. I thought i read that it was the LR version that couldn't be used on the pass thru?? I switched back to a battery until confirmed. I do like the extra capacity!!!
Here was the response I got from Isaac on the topic:
What you copied down below [the KR-808's on my receipt] is a standard. The Standard 808 not LR is the one you want with a 5V device. PT’s themselves are a solid 5V. The only thing I can tell you is NOT to use a passthrough on a computer as the motherboard can generate too much heat trying to continuously put out that high voltage, therefore destroying it. It happened to me. The LR 808 is only meant for a max of 4.5V. Any more questions on anything, please feel free to ask Sincerely,Isaac
My interpretation of his note was that they are good for 5V, but not to use them with USB PT because cranking out that power constantly can fry a motherboard (fried his). I don;t know what other 5V options are out there other than USB PT, so I was a little confused. I'd sure love to use them on 5V if they work this good on 808 batteries.

Ha, one of the hazards of getting to 29 pages is now I can't find info I'm looking for (well, technically I'm just too lazy to figure out where the info is). Wingnut had posted info on doublers and Tasty Vapor which is of interest to me right now. I've been looking at Tasty Vapor e-liquids since I'm now buying juice & they had such great reviews in this thread. I noticed they have my current favorite (Bananas Foster) on sale. Problem is, I use 18 mg and apparently they only offer in 12/24/36/48. So, I'm needing a crash course in doublers and also have a questions on PG/sweetener options.

1. Doublers: The juices come in 1 oz, and doublers come in 2 oz. Can anyone confirm if I get the 1 oz 48 mg and mix with 2 oz doubler, it's basically the same as getting 3 oz of 16 mg nicotine juice (i.e. 48 mg divided by 3 oz = 16 mg) and I can eek it closer to 18 mg by skimping a few ml of the doubler? Other option would be to get the 36 mg and just use half of the 2 oz doubler to get it to 18 mg, but in either case I'm doing a little bit of pouring guesswork. If I go 48 mg it would be a heck of a bargain getting roughly 90 ml for $20. Probably last me as long as 100+ cartomizers for the cost of 10 prefilleds.

2. They ask for a PG level. I seem to recall Wingnut saying 20% PG is the best ratio for good TH. Can anyone confirm 20% is the way to go for both the e-liquid and doubler?

3. There's a **Sweetener Recommended** note at the top of the screen for this flavor and a yes/no sweetener option... probably a no brainer given the TV recommendation, but get the sweetener?

JimId go the route of ordering the 36mg nic juice and using half the 2oz doubler to make it 18mg, or just buy 2oz of nic juice and a 4oz doubler.

Measuring half of the doubler is easy: 1 tablespoon = half ounce.

Geoff at TV recommends ordering the sweetener for most flavors, so Id order it for sure (I did with my Waffle juice).

Also, I ordered 20% VG (not PG), but 30% would be fine IMO.

Here was the response I got from Isaac on the topic:
What you copied down below [the KR-808's on my receipt] is a standard. The Standard 808 not LR is the one you want with a 5V device. PT's themselves are a solid 5V. The only thing I can tell you is NOT to use a passthrough on a computer as the motherboard can generate too much heat trying to continuously put out that high voltage, therefore destroying it. It happened to me. The LR 808 is only meant for a max of 4.5V. Any more questions on anything, please feel free to ask Sincerely,Isaac
My interpretation of his note was that they are good for 5V, but not to use them with USB PT because cranking out that power constantly can fry a motherboard (fried his). I don;t know what other 5V options are out there other than USB PT, so I was a little confused. I'd sure love to use them on 5V if they work this good on 808 batteries.
Well they work like a champ on the pass thru but i'll have to read up more on USB power output. I'll assume the other place to use USB is with the car charger.

Well they work like a champ on the pass thru but i'll have to read up more on USB power output. I'll assume the other place to use USB is with the car charger.
I'll be interested in anything you discover investigating. I'm thrilled simply using them on my XL batteries as they already exceed what I was getting using normal carts on the 5V PT. I hesitate to use the car USB adapter... if they can fry my motherboard I'm wary of risking the computer chip in my truck. I'm assuming there must be other 5V options that don't put any equipment at risk, although not in V4L equipment that I can find.

JimId go the route of ordering the 36mg nic juice and using half the 2oz doubler to make it 18mg, or just buy 2oz of nic juice and a 4oz doubler.

Geoff at TV recommends ordering the sweetener for most flavors, so Id order it for sure (I did with my Waffle juice).

:thanks: Just put in my order for Bananas Foster and German Chocolate. Can't wait!

:thanks: Just put in my order for Bananas Foster and German Chocolate. Can't wait!
I've been on German Chocolate Cake for a while. Good stuff!As for the USB issue, it appears to me that a powered USB hub is the way to go. Eliminate the need for the motherboard to provide power. Although that brings the question "why is it USB at all then?" no data transfer, just power. I think i have one in the parts bin at home. I'll check it out using my old laptop. If it fries it i won't be upset but there has to be another option for this.

Whoops, for the 2nd option I meant to say get 2oz of nic juice to mix with the 2oz doubler, not the 4oz doubler...if you did order 2oz of 36mg nic juice and 4oz of doubler, just be sure to only mix half of that doubler with the nic juice .

Friggin brain fart lol

Whoops, for the 2nd option I meant to say get 2oz of nic juice to mix with the 2oz doubler, not the 4oz doubler...if you did order 2oz of 36mg nic juice and 4oz of doubler, just be sure to only mix half of that doubler with the nic juice .Friggin brain fart lol
No worries, I went the 1oz/2oz route. I'm a Bananas Foster fiend at present but ultimately decided I don't want to tie myself to anything more than 2 oz of any single flavor. That's still a lot of juice for someone who rotates them frequently and there's so many I still want to get.

As for the USB issue, it appears to me that a powered USB hub is the way to go. Eliminate the need for the motherboard to provide power. Although that brings the question "why is it USB at all then?" no data transfer, just power. I think i have one in the parts bin at home. I'll check it out using my old laptop. If it fries it i won't be upset but there has to be another option for this.
Times like these I wish I knew anything about electricity. If you come up with an el-cheapo USB assembly then definitely post it.

'Athletic Supporter said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
'Rovers said:
'Rovers said:
You'll want to keep an extra atty on hand then, 'cause that's about the only thing you could possibly damage on this thing.
Yep. I have 7-8 atomizers and 3 batteries in rotation. Grabbing the unit, a spare battery, a spare atty, and the other 6ml bottle of juice (all of the above fits into one of those fuzzy carrying pouches that came with the Bloog/V4L batteries, and I know I'm good for about 4-6 days of vaping without having a refill/recharge anything.

BTW - vaping Alien Visions' Gorilla Juice right now, birthday gift from The Ox. It's nice - reminds me of Boba's but with a frsh banana flavor added. It's thinner than the Boba's too, despite being 100% VG.

'zander_s said:
As for the USB issue, it appears to me that a powered USB hub is the way to go. Eliminate the need for the motherboard to provide power. Although that brings the question "why is it USB at all then?" no data transfer, just power. I think i have one in the parts bin at home. I'll check it out using my old laptop. If it fries it i won't be upset but there has to be another option for this.
Would something like this be a solution?http://www.shoptronics.com/actousbpoadc.html

To celebrate my 3rd Vape-iversary I and my partners at Bloog are offering 20% off on all orders on Wednesday April 6th, AND one lucky customer, chosen at random, will receive their entire order FREE! So load up your shopping carts, and use coupon code 3YEARVAPE upon checkout!
Still no blank carts in stock. :kicksrock:

It's IN!! Actually got here Monday--wow--but I didn't get to pick it up until this morning. So far it's not quite what I expected but I'm just getting the hang of it. I've been hitting it Hard--the prefilled tanks are 8mg and minimal throat hit or vapor it seems, so I'm looking forward to something stronger from the refills. Kind of surprised at that--came across a kiosk at the mall yesterday that was dealing Vapor Corps, and on one of their models vaping 8's was fine. As it is I'm vaping pretty constantly to make up the difference.

No type B atomizer. Each of the atomizers came with a tip/mouthpiece on it--what's that used for, carts? The tanks which were included had their own tips which were slightly different.

Order this when you get a chance and thank me later.
What is a "standard sized e-cig battery"?eta--do I need a syringe to refill the tanks?

'zander_s said:
Would something like this be a solution?http://www.shoptroni...tousbpoadc.html
That could do it! It makes me wonder if my Bloog charger wouldn't do the same thing. I'm going to Fry's later today so i'm going to see what options i find. The powered USB hub does work by the way.

ETA - From Bloog planet regarding the car charger which claims 5v at up to 1.5 amps. I have to believe the wall charger provides the same.

Recharge your Bloog or vape with your pass-thru whenever you're on the road.

To celebrate my 3rd Vape-iversary I and my partners at Bloog are offering 20% off on all orders on Wednesday April 6th, AND one lucky customer, chosen at random, will receive their entire order FREE! So load up your shopping carts, and use coupon code 3YEARVAPE upon checkout!
I got a few when they restocked but they sold out fast. I thought I would have a REO by now or I would have bought more. Leoford did say they will be having an even bigger sale that is expected after everything is restocked.

I got a few when they restocked but they sold out fast. I thought I would have a REO by now or I would have bought more. Leoford did say they will be having an even bigger sale that is expected after everything is restocked.
Those of you looking for REOs, keep your ears open. Rob said the other day that 4/11 "or a couple days sooner" is the next target date. Remember to log onto his site around 6:50 PM EDT on whatever date he finally announces as the delivery date and refresh every few minutes until they become available if you want to be guaranteed to get one. I don't know how many he's getting or how fast they sell out, but that's what I did and I got one, so there you go. Between this thread and IRL, I know of at least 5 people angling to get one from this batch.

So far it's not quite what I expected but I'm just getting the hang of it. I've been hitting it Hard--the prefilled tanks are 8mg and minimal throat hit or vapor it seems, so I'm looking forward to something stronger from the refills. Kind of surprised at that--came across a kiosk at the mall yesterday that was dealing Vapor Corps, and on one of their models vaping 8's was fine. As it is I'm vaping pretty constantly to make up the difference.
I recall one of your initial posts indicated your smoking history was like Rovers'... so this initial reaction with 8 mg's doesn't surprise me in the slightest (other than the fact that a kiost had 8 mg's that were strong). I doubt Rovers would even be able to tell the difference between 8 mg juice and plain air inhales. He needed 24-36 mg to manage nic cravings.

So far it's not quite what I expected but I'm just getting the hang of it. I've been hitting it Hard--the prefilled tanks are 8mg and minimal throat hit or vapor it seems, so I'm looking forward to something stronger from the refills. Kind of surprised at that--came across a kiosk at the mall yesterday that was dealing Vapor Corps, and on one of their models vaping 8's was fine. As it is I'm vaping pretty constantly to make up the difference.
I recall one of your initial posts indicated your smoking history was like Rovers'... so this initial reaction with 8 mg's doesn't surprise me in the slightest (other than the fact that a kiost had 8 mg's that were strong). I doubt Rovers would even be able to tell the difference between 8 mg juice and plain air inhales. He needed 24-36 mg to manage nic cravings.
I read a study not long ago that said a regular cigarette delivers 1.5mg of nicotine per cigarette, while a 16mg juice delivers .15mg in an equivalent # of "drags." So, even if you use 36mg juice, 10-12 drags (arbitrarily choosing that as the # of drags in which you'd smoke an analog), you're still only getting about 30% of the nicotine delivered that you'd get from an analog, so I don't know that people fretting over their nicotine content is necessary. If this is accurate, you need worry less about how much nicotine is in your juice and more about simulating the smoking experience enough to keep you from actually putting match to tobacco.

It's IN!! Actually got here Monday--wow--but I didn't get to pick it up until this morning. So far it's not quite what I expected but I'm just getting the hang of it. I've been hitting it Hard--the prefilled tanks are 8mg and minimal throat hit or vapor it seems, so I'm looking forward to something stronger from the refills. Kind of surprised at that--came across a kiosk at the mall yesterday that was dealing Vapor Corps, and on one of their models vaping 8's was fine. As it is I'm vaping pretty constantly to make up the difference.

No type B atomizer. Each of the atomizers came with a tip/mouthpiece on it--what's that used for, carts? The tanks which were included had their own tips which were slightly different.

What is a "standard sized e-cig battery"?eta--do I need a syringe to refill the tanks?
Lemme try and cover all topics.1. Standard sized e-cig batteries are just the smaller ones that resemble an actual cigarette. The ego batteries are not standard sized. I use those exact same atomizers on the exact same batteries you have. You'll be good.

2. The tips that come on the atomizers are just there to keep crap out of the atomizers while shipping.

3. You don't need a syringe to fill the tanks. Just pop off the end cap and put your juice in there. Most people find the tanks work best when you fill them up about 80% of the way, leaving about a 1/4" gap. Some people seem to think, tho, that the constant removing of the end cap can damage the seal. Using a syringe would eliminate having to pry the cap off each time you refill.

4. When you get more juice, get at least 24mg strength. Also, don't know if it's still the case with the ego-t atomizers, but when I was using them they didn't really like thick, dark juices. Try and stay away from 100% VG juice.

5. On the tanks there's two plastic inserts on the top that can be removed with a paper clip. I found that removing them improved the throat hit and vapor.

I read a study not long ago that said a regular cigarette delivers 1.5mg of nicotine per cigarette, while a 16mg juice delivers .15mg in an equivalent # of "drags." So, even if you use 36mg juice, 10-12 drags (arbitrarily choosing that as the # of drags in which you'd smoke an analog), you're still only getting about 30% of the nicotine delivered that you'd get from an analog, so I don't know that people fretting over their nicotine content is necessary. If this is accurate, you need worry less about how much nicotine is in your juice and more about simulating the smoking experience enough to keep you from actually putting match to tobacco.
I think I saw that posted earlier in the thread and it did make me less worried about nic levels. Having first hand experience with the difference between just 18-24, however, it is not surprising at all that a heavy smoker would have weak experience with 8 mg. I'm confident I would have too, and I was a relatively light smoker (half PAD of Camel lights). I haven't tried 8 mg, but have to believe there is an immense difference in satisfaction from 8 mg to 24 mg, regardless of how much nicotine vs. cigs you're actually absorbing. At first I was left wanting by 18s, while 24s filled my void and then some.

Nice to know the numbers, and I pretty much went strong for the two extras I ordered (24mg). I went through enough of one of the included tanks today already to manage adding a couple drops of cappacino to it and noticed an immediate improvement all around. I'm beginning to think everybody around here is waiting to see how this works!

Lemme try and cover all topics.1. Standard sized e-cig batteries are just the smaller ones that resemble an actual cigarette. The ego batteries are not standard sized. I use those exact same atomizers on the exact same batteries you have. You'll be good.

2. The tips that come on the atomizers are just there to keep crap out of the atomizers while shipping.

3. You don't need a syringe to fill the tanks. Just pop off the end cap and put your juice in there. Most people find the tanks work best when you fill them up about 80% of the way, leaving about a 1/4" gap. Some people seem to think, tho, that the constant removing of the end cap can damage the seal. Using a syringe would eliminate having to pry the cap off each time you refill.

4. When you get more juice, get at least 24mg strength. Also, don't know if it's still the case with the ego-t atomizers, but when I was using them they didn't really like thick, dark juices. Try and stay away from 100% VG juice.

5. On the tanks there's two plastic inserts on the top that can be removed with a paper clip. I found that removing them improved the throat hit and vapor.
Awesome stuff--thanks! Those "two plastic inserts"--would that be where it seats into the atomizer? If so then I already poked it out, trying to get some of the 24mg juice into it. I wasn't too worried about messing one up experimenting!

I think I saw that posted earlier in the thread and it did make me less worried about nic levels. Having first hand experience with the difference between just 18-24, however, it is not surprising at all that a heavy smoker would have weak experience with 8 mg. I'm confident I would have too, and I was a relatively light smoker (half PAD of Camel lights). I haven't tried 8 mg, but have to believe there is an immense difference in satisfaction from 8 mg to 24 mg, regardless of how much nicotine vs. cigs you're actually absorbing. At first I was left wanting by 18s, while 24s filled my void and then some.
I have less of a frame of reference as I've been vaping 24mg since jumpstreet and continue to do so. However, the few times I've taken sample carts from my brother, who uses 16mg, I haven't noticed that much difference. It's more about the TH of the juice than the nic content for me, I think.

Awesome stuff--thanks! Those "two plastic inserts"--would that be where it seats into the atomizer? If so then I already poked it out, trying to get some of the 24mg juice into it. I wasn't too worried about messing one up experimenting!
Take a look at this picture here: TankThe left side, the part that you actually, ummm, suck on, is where the inserts that I'm talking about are. The tiny hole in which the vapor gets transferred, pull it out with a paperclip. Below it is another one, take that one out also. See if you notice a difference.

I started with Bloog 11 mgs but quickly accelerated to 18s and now 24s. I need the hit and the 24s deliver a pretty good one, good enough to generate a nicotine headache if you overdo it a little.

I started with 18mg almost 8 weeks ago (tomorrow will be 8 weeks) and 1 week ago I switched to 8mg. I have had no trouble. The TH is less, but its gotten better as the week has gone on. Maybe my throat has gotten more sensitive, or maybe I'm taking longer hits, I don't know.

I switched to 8 because the wife started at 11 and wanted to go lower. So I figured that it would be simpler to just order all our juice in the same level. Anway, our goal is to get down to zero and off the vaping by the end of the year, and I don't anticipate that not happening the way things are going.

I have less of a frame of reference as I've been vaping 24mg since jumpstreet and continue to do so. However, the few times I've taken sample carts from my brother, who uses 16mg, I haven't noticed that much difference. It's more about the TH of the juice than the nic content for me, I think.
That's true, I'm probably more a TH addict than a nic addict at this point. But TH varies quite a bit by flavor type. Coffee and Expresso for example, I can barely handle 24 but 18 is almost perfect TH for me. Mocha/Cola at 18 OTOH doesn't give me enough TH, so I typically get those in 24. Bananas Foster/Capuccino/Choco Banana I don't notice much of a difference between 24/18, so I go 18. I too don't have first hand knowledge on 8 mg liquids, and I'm sure some of them are better than others from a TH standpoint, but think I read it's a general rule that decreased nic mg decreases TH. I'll definitely be looking at the good TH flavors like Coffee/Expresso if I look to step down nic level.

I started with 18mg almost 8 weeks ago (tomorrow will be 8 weeks) and 1 week ago I switched to 8mg. I have had no trouble. The TH is less, but its gotten better as the week has gone on. Maybe my throat has gotten more sensitive, or maybe I'm taking longer hits, I don't know.
Congrats! This actually makes a lot of sense to me. I find I can barely feel TH of 18s after using 24, but my throat 'reboots' overnight and 18s are fine again the next day. I'd guess you nailed it that your throat regains sensitivity as you get accustomed to a step down, which is what I'm hoping to be true. Not sure I ever want to completely give up e-cigging, it's fun, but I would like to eventually transition to use only when drinking, golfing, playing poker - outings where I've historically craved cigs.

Thanks for the atty cleaning tips EG, I'll have to give that a try.I'm surprised you are able to leave the REO home and settle with your 808's during the day. Not sure what your day entails, but I'm taking it with me where ever I go. It fits nicely in my chest pocket, though it is a but heavy and does tend to cause my shirt to hang just a bit. I don't care much for putting in my pants pocket, as it's a PITA to get out without the door sliding off. I was getting weird looks from my coworkers using the V4L 808s anyway, so either way I have to explain what I'm doing, might as well enjoy it to the fullest!Just placed an order for some samples from Alien Visions. It's about time I finally tried Boba' Bounty considering all the hype. Also got samples of Gorrila Juice, Caramel Kicker, C&D, and Blend 4. Also ordered two AW IMR 18650 batteries. I did get two used batteries with the Grand, but I really have no idea what their condition is. I'll just keep them as backups at work I think.
How did the vinegar work for cleaning the atty?I could theoretically roll with the Grand all day, every day, but it looks an awful lot like you're doing something illegal/suspicious when you use it, as opposed to an 808, which is pretty clearly an electronic cigarette. I blast away in my office where anyone can just roll in, so I'd rather someone "busts" me hitting the MaxxFusion than the Grand. Someone walking by that looks in and sees me whaling on the Grand and then keeps walking without stopping to ask questions may start some unsavory rumors about ol' EG without my even knowing it. Much like Chase Stuart, I'm a very important guy around here and don't want to risk something like that.Someday, when the knowledge/recognition of vaping matches the technology, the 808s will be rendered useless.
Threw the atty (that I cleaned by soaking for 20 minutes in vinegar then rinsed with hot water) back on the Grand, and to be honest I can't taste any remnants of the cinnamin flavor. Seams just fine to me. :thumbup:

One of my Bloog MaxxFusion batteries isn't pulling worth a damn now. Seems like it's charging ok. Any suggestions? Can it get gummed up?

Congrats! This actually makes a lot of sense to me. I find I can barely feel TH of 18s after using 24, but my throat 'reboots' overnight and 18s are fine again the next day. I'd guess you nailed it that your throat regains sensitivity as you get accustomed to a step down, which is what I'm hoping to be true. Not sure I ever want to completely give up e-cigging, it's fun, but I would like to eventually transition to use only when drinking, golfing, playing poker - outings where I've historically craved cigs.
Thank you. I enjoy it too, so to say I want to get "off" vaping may be a little strong. It's probably better to say we don't want to be dependent upon it. I do find I like the tastes of several flavors so we may still do it on occassion, but the goal is to get off the dependency and just do it for the enjoyment. Does that make sense?

We need to get some new batteries. I'm OK with the V4L batteries, but they are so hit and miss.... I want try the Bloog Maxx Fusion, but I cannot see if they are manual or auto and whether they work with my 808 cartos. Do they offer both auto and and are both/either compatible with my 808 cartos?

I don't ask much, but I want to take advantage of the special they have today so prompt answers are sincerely appreciated.

One of my Bloog MaxxFusion batteries isn't pulling worth a damn now. Seems like it's charging ok. Any suggestions? Can it get gummed up?
I'm not sure how the design of MaxxFus is compared to V4L, but there are 3 tiny holes in the V4L batty, right where the cart screws on, that need to be cleaned with a safety pin occasionally. That is where air intakes and they tend to get gummed up, decreasing air flow. I occasionally take a wet wipe and clean that whole area, including screw threads. On auto batteries, there is also a center hole on the connecting end that I push a small paper clip through occasionally to similarly remove build up. Manuals don't have that center hole.Here's a youtube clip of a guy cleaning a V4L auto battery. He uses a toothpick to clean the small holes and I might try that but doesn't seem like the best tool. Safety pin does the job for me I wonder if a toothpick is small enough for the job.

Make sure the holes below the threading are all clear. I usually clean my batteries with a little alcohol and let them dry. I haven't really had any problems with my batteries and I dropped one of my batteries in a toilet a few days after I first got it 6 weeks ago.

We need to get some new batteries. I'm OK with the V4L batteries, but they are so hit and miss.... I want try the Bloog Maxx Fusion, but I cannot see if they are manual or auto and whether they work with my 808 cartos. Do they offer both auto and and are both/either compatible with my 808 cartos? I don't ask much, but I want to take advantage of the special they have today so prompt answers are sincerely appreciated.
All of their batteries are auto. They have a tri-fecta that has a manual auto option, and can even convert into a pass thru. I haven't used it but it looks pretty cool. They should work with your cartos, although I have had some V4L cartos that did not fit on my Bloog MF batteries. If you get anything you have to get some maxxfusion cartos since are they are far and away the best cartomizers.

I'm not sure how the design of MaxxFus is compared to V4L, but there are 3 tiny holes in the V4L batty, right where the cart screws on, that need to be cleaned with a safety pin occasionally. That is where air intakes and they tend to get gummed up, decreasing air flow. I occasionally take a wet wipe and clean that whole area, including screw threads. On auto batteries, there is also a center hole on the connecting end that I push a small paper clip through occasionally to similarly remove build up. Manuals don't have that center hole.Here's a youtube clip of a guy cleaning a V4L auto battery. He uses a toothpick to clean the small holes and I might try that but doesn't seem like the best tool. Safety pin does the job for me I wonder if a toothpick is small enough for the job.
You mean the little holes below the thread? The Bloog has 4 little holes at even intervals around the connection just below the thread. I've already tried to clean out the one intake hole. I've gotta be doing something wrong and it's driving me bananas.

I will usually clean it with a Q tip, and then I cut the stick of the toothpick off with some scissors to make a sharp edge. Dip that in some alcohol and dig that into the grooves that the Q tip wont fit.

You mean the little holes below the thread? The Bloog has 4 little holes at even intervals around the connection just below the thread. I've already tried to clean out the one intake hole. I've gotta be doing something wrong and it's driving me bananas.
Yeah, those sound like the ones. They are air intake and tend to get filled over time. Just poke a safety pin or needle through them a few times and see if that helps. If you carry the batty in your pocket a lot you also might have some lint in the lighted end of the battery. I pried the top off and cleared the cap off and it helps a lame battery I had. Not sure if the top of the MF pops off too but you might try that if all else fails.

Users who are viewing this thread