What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

We need to get some new batteries. I'm OK with the V4L batteries, but they are so hit and miss.... I want try the Bloog Maxx Fusion, but I cannot see if they are manual or auto and whether they work with my 808 cartos. Do they offer both auto and and are both/either compatible with my 808 cartos? I don't ask much, but I want to take advantage of the special they have today so prompt answers are sincerely appreciated.
All of their batteries are auto. They have a tri-fecta that has a manual auto option, and can even convert into a pass thru. I haven't used it but it looks pretty cool. They should work with your cartos, although I have had some V4L cartos that did not fit on my Bloog MF batteries. If you get anything you have to get some maxxfusion cartos since are they are far and away the best cartomizers.
Thanks, butI just bought 25 cartos on the V4L sale so I won't be getting any of those this time. Do the Bloog MF batteries fit on the V4L chargers? I imagine they do, but I need to know for sure.

We need to get some new batteries. I'm OK with the V4L batteries, but they are so hit and miss.... I want try the Bloog Maxx Fusion, but I cannot see if they are manual or auto and whether they work with my 808 cartos. Do they offer both auto and and are both/either compatible with my 808 cartos? I don't ask much, but I want to take advantage of the special they have today so prompt answers are sincerely appreciated.
All of their batteries are auto. They have a tri-fecta that has a manual auto option, and can even convert into a pass thru. I haven't used it but it looks pretty cool. They should work with your cartos, although I have had some V4L cartos that did not fit on my Bloog MF batteries. If you get anything you have to get some maxxfusion cartos since are they are far and away the best cartomizers.
Thanks, butI just bought 25 cartos on the V4L sale so I won't be getting any of those this time. Do the Bloog MF batteries fit on the V4L chargers? I imagine they do, but I need to know for sure.
Yeah. I only have a bloog mini PCC, so when I got my Bloog XL I have to use my V4L charger for it.

Take a look at this picture here: Tank

The left side, the part that you actually, ummm, suck on, is where the inserts that I'm talking about are. The tiny hole in which the vapor gets transferred, pull it out with a paperclip. Below it is another one, take that one out also. See if you notice a difference.
Mine's got a black plastic tip that doesn't seem to want to come off so I haven't tried forcing it. First day report--did well even with the 8's until beer-thirty last night. Still only smoked two cigs all day after starting up yesterday 06:30. :thumbup:

eta: Of course, what I didn't mention was how close I came to destroying that eGo-t...years of smoking here; the rhythms are all in place....I can't count how many times I came close to lighting the e-cig up while sumultaneously pulling it out of one pocket while my lighter came out of the other. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my Bloog MaxxFusion batteries isn't pulling worth a damn now. Seems like it's charging ok. Any suggestions? Can it get gummed up?
I haven't had this happen but earlier in the thread, someone recommended cleaning the 808 batteries with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.

I can't count how many times I came close to lighting the e-cig up while sumultaneously pulling it out of one pocket while my lighter came out of the other. :mellow:
:lmao:I almost did that a few times when I first started vaping, and my GF actually DID light a V4L XL battery. She told me it was a bad battery, so I was checking it out and noticed the grey faux ash tip was melted a bit. I asked her about it and she couldnt lie with a straight face. :lol:

I was outside doing yard work yesterday, and it was windy. I grabbed my Buzz, and found myseld "cupping" it, like I had to light it in the wind. LOL... a lifetime of smoking, you get automatic responses, I guess. I laughed out loud, and if anyone was watching they might have thought I was one short of a six pack.

Day Two observations.

I think I'm learning how to vape like I smoke. I also think that would be the ideal for now--to just keep the same routine only healthier....

So my normal schedule would be to step outside for a smoke after supper, and I guess it was about 2 minutes groping for the lighter before I remembered how unnecessary that was. :mellow:

Actually it's not quite like I smoke--I kept hitting it harder and harder and it was probably about 4:00 this afternoon before I caught the feel for the eGo--Eeeasy does it. It helps that I ran out of the first prefilled tank early this morning, so now it's got 24mg capaccino flavored in it. Like it! :)

Cig count--4 this morning between 04:00 and 06:30 before I realized I was out of juice on that first tank. 2 this evening with beer.

That probably doesn't sound so great but it's winning. :thumbup:

Im wondering how much juice everyone is going through. Im vaping about 60-80ml per month (or about 2 to 2.5ml a day), and Im pretty much doing nothing but 24mg juice.

Whatchya got?

Cig count--4 this morning between 04:00 and 06:30 before I realized I was out of juice on that first tank. 2 this evening with beer. That probably doesn't sound so great but it's winning. :thumbup:
Indeed! Don't beat yourself up having some cigs while you get accustomed to ecigging. I had 3-4 cigs daily the first 3 days. It wasn't until day 4 that I had one and felt zero throat hit and no nicotine reward and broke through the wall in realization that cigs offered me nothing but stink and inconvenience. Nearly 8 weeks in you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming back from ecigs to cigs.

Has anybody stopped using this stuff or is it just the opposite? :popcorn:
Just the opposite--it's gaining momentum, imo. I realized when just getting into this thread that it sounded like a fad with a life of its own, and despite my intentions to avoid turning it into my next addiction I'd be happy with that if it replaces cigarets. There are about 50 people where I work encouraging me getting into it, and another at work who's just starting up himself. He doesn't have the history I do, and for him I think it will be the transition to dropping all nicotine as I intended. My smoking buddy there was holding her breath waiting for the arrival of my ecig--but the day they arrived went into the hospital with an asthma attack and hasn't been able to try them. dammit :( This is a good State for them, it seems, with dealers cropping up everywhere. This morning I'm down to one cigaret--it lost its appeal about halfway through and I grabbed the ecig.

Im wondering how much juice everyone is going through. Im vaping about 60-80ml per month (or about 2 to 2.5ml a day), and Im pretty much doing nothing but 24mg juice.Whatchya got?
I'm probably in a similar range. I haven't really kept track, but this weekend, I'm going on the road with my Grand for the first time, so it should be easy to tell. I'll wake up Saturday AM with only that unit and 12 ml of juice, so when I wake up Monday AM, I'll see how much is left, divide that by 2, and voila ! However, during the week, it's less, since I use the 808s all day. Damn it.

Im wondering how much juice everyone is going through. Im vaping about 60-80ml per month (or about 2 to 2.5ml a day), and Im pretty much doing nothing but 24mg juice.Whatchya got?
My ml use up until 2 weeks ago was hard to quantify, since I was burning through prefilled carts at a frightening pace using the USB PT ... sometimes they would burn out after 2 hours. I probably was not saving much vs. cigs at that point, but didn't matter a bit to me since quitting smoking was not a financial decision for the most part. Since I got my first juice bottles 2 weeks ago, I've used 30-35 ml, so about the same monthly amount as you. I'd have probably burned through 25 prefilled carts over that time, so the cost savings of $12.50 vs. $40-$50 is pretty amazing.

Has anybody stopped using this stuff or is it just the opposite? :popcorn:
Started 5 weeks ago today. Nicotine free for 10 days or so. I still vape no nic daily but am finding myself doing it less and less. Will probably always have a battery in my car and my golf bag but other then that can see myself being done with vaping in the next couple months.

Hard to quantify being only on my third day, but I seem to be at about 1 1/2 tanks/day. Think the tanks are about 1ml.Glad to see that's not the crazy amounts I was thinking--seems like I'm vaping a lot.

After quitting for over 10+ years I started back up in 2008. Got up to a pack a day Marlboro Lights. Started to vaping in Feb and over the last month have had 2 analog cigs. Been over two weeks since I've had my last one and in fact have almost a full pack of ML sitting in drawer and don't even think about it.

I think though that I am vaping more than I smoked only because I can pretty much do it anywhere. Then again I am also not taking in 3k in chemicals and I no longer wake up in the morning feeling like crap.

How many carts do you go through generally in a day?
I dont really go through carts in the usual way. I fill up a couple carts in the morning, and carry a small amount of juice with me (5ml bottle), and I top off my carts anywhere between 5-10 times a day, putting 5-8 drops in each time I top off to keep the hits fresh.

Ok, so I'm getting ready to order the V4Life starter kit for my sister, but I need help on what strength to get her.

She smokes 7-10 camel crushes a day. What strength do you think would be best for her?

Also, what type of cartonizers do you suggest? The premium or the stronger ones (the name escapes me at the moment and I can't access the website at work)?

Thanks for the help.

Because it greatly amuses me, I'm going to keep a running list of places that I have successfully vaped undetected.

-ATL airport gate

-ATL airport jetway

-KC airport gate/jetway

-Gwinnett Arena for a hockey game

-Daughter's elementary school

-Monkey Joe's

-Office

-Mall

-Various restaurants

-Skating rink

-Fernbank Museum

ETA: Forgot one- Columbia, SC convention center with about 150 ppl in the room.

Related- I had a conversation with a woman yesterday who said that she was allowed to vape in her room during a hospital stay.

Because it greatly amuses me, I'm going to keep a running list of places that I have successfully vaped undetected.-ATL airport gate-ATL airport jetway-KC airport gate/jetway-Gwinnett Arena for a hockey game-Daughter's elementary school-Monkey Joe's-Office-Mall-Various restaurants-Skating rink-Fernbank MuseumRelated- I had a conversation with a woman yesterday who said that she was allowed to vape in her room during a hospital stay.
Flew back from JFK last week and during the flight I took a few puffs, second drag though a plume escaped but luckily nobody noticed. Clearly one of the dumber things I've done but couldn't help not risking it. Won't try that again though.Other places -Today at kid's Elem school at playgroundIn doors in restaurants/bars (great way to meet chicks by the way)

Because it greatly amuses me, I'm going to keep a running list of places that I have successfully vaped undetected.-ATL airport gate-ATL airport jetway-KC airport gate/jetway-Gwinnett Arena for a hockey game-Daughter's elementary school-Monkey Joe's-Office-Mall-Various restaurants-Skating rink-Fernbank MuseumRelated- I had a conversation with a woman yesterday who said that she was allowed to vape in her room during a hospital stay.
Flew back from JFK last week and during the flight I took a few puffs, second drag though a plume escaped but luckily nobody noticed. Clearly one of the dumber things I've done but couldn't help not risking it. Won't try that again though.Other places -Today at kid's Elem school at playgroundIn doors in restaurants/bars (great way to meet chicks by the way)
nice! Id vape in the bathroom on a plane no problem. not sure id try it in my seat though.some of the places ive vaped include the dmv, resturants, grocery stores, various retail stores (wal mart, sports authority, mall, etc), concerts, improv comedy club, brewery during a tour, walk-in beer cooler at local store, and police station.you can still smoke in most bars here so I dont count those as stealth vape places.

nice! Id vape in the bathroom on a plane no problem. not sure id try it in my seat though.some of the places ive vaped include the dmv, resturants, grocery stores, various retail stores (wal mart, sports authority, mall, etc), concerts, improv comedy club, brewery during a tour, walk-in beer cooler at local store, and police station.you can still smoke in most bars here so I dont count those as stealth vape places.
:thumbup: Forgot about retail stores. Add Wal-Mart, Publix, Kroger and Home Depot to the list.

Because it greatly amuses me, I'm going to keep a running list of places that I have successfully vaped undetected.-ATL airport gate-ATL airport jetway-KC airport gate/jetway-Gwinnett Arena for a hockey game-Daughter's elementary school-Monkey Joe's-Office-Mall-Various restaurants-Skating rink-Fernbank MuseumETA: Forgot one- Columbia, SC convention center with about 150 ppl in the room.Related- I had a conversation with a woman yesterday who said that she was allowed to vape in her room during a hospital stay.
:lmao: Probably eaiser to post the places I have not vaped, I've had a batty with me whether at the kid's school, grocery store, rental car, what have you. I have not done it on a flight... too worried because I think it's prohibited by federal law as was posted somewhere on the earlier pages of this thread. Last thing I want is to be thrown in jail on a business trip or do anything that might fuel the ignorant anti-ecig movement.

Ok, so I'm getting ready to order the V4Life starter kit for my sister, but I need help on what strength to get her.

She smokes 7-10 camel crushes a day. What strength do you think would be best for her?

Also, what type of cartonizers do you suggest? The premium or the stronger ones (the name escapes me at the moment and I can't access the website at work)?

Thanks for the help.
Get the XL Manual kit (IMHO). V4L has a 25% sale running where you could wind up with double or triple your order if the order # ends in 00 or 000 (remote chance, feel free to send me the extra sarter kit if you don't need them :hey: ). Promo code is TriplePlay. On carts, I'd get premiums. You'll get a USB pass thru with the starter kit which can be hooked up to a computer USB port in place of a battery, and is a stronger 5V vs. battery 3.7V power source. I assure you premium carts (aka "cool carts" which vape at a cooler temp) will hold up better under 5V pass through vaping than Wows.

Her smoking habbit seems like mine (half pack a day) and 18's work for me although I like having a 24 mg at times. I'd go 18, and if you get 2 packs of carts maybe get 1 pack of 24s. She can always step down if they are too strong, but might as well have a 1st experience with a product that will definitely meet whatever her nic needs are.

Flavor is also biggy for a beginner. Camel Crushes are menthol but I wouldn't get a menthol flavor cartomizer... I would figure out what other things she likes, for example getting the coffee sampler if she likes coffee. Trying to replace real tobacco with faux tobacco cartomizers was not successful for me and in fact made ma a bit disappointed out of the gates. Fake tobacco was disappointing for me in the same way as smoking someone else's brand of cigarette, which doesn't quite taste as good as what you are used to. Using alternate flavors removes that for me, and I turned the corner and believed once I realized the great flavor alternatives. Flavors I loved and recommend are choco banana, coffees, banana foster, cafe mocha.

Wonder if something is wrong with my VFL charger. Seems like this is the third ecig I have where the more I charge the quicker it doesn't stay charged up. So charge it for many hours then after about an hour of vaping on it, the flashing light goes off.

Thoughts?

follow up question regarding VFL, how do you know it's fully charged?

Green light is shown

Screw ecig into charger

End of ecig flases

Green light turns to red light on charger

Does it then turn green once it's fully charged? It doesn't seem to every time. Perhaps the ecig is clogged which results in a charge that's not 100%?

How long does your ecig last after fully charged?

follow up question regarding VFL, how do you know it's fully charged?Green light is shownScrew ecig into chargerEnd of ecig flasesGreen light turns to red light on chargerDoes it then turn green once it's fully charged? It doesn't seem to every time. Perhaps the ecig is clogged which results in a charge that's not 100%?How long does your ecig last after fully charged?
When you screw it into the wall charger, the LED on the end of the battery should flash 3 times, and the light on the charger turns red. The light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.The USB charger light turns red when charging, and blue when charged. I have a screwy USB charger that turns a blue/red combo when the battery is fully charged.My batteries hold a charge for 3-4 hours with moderate to heavy vaping, and about 6-8 hours with light to moderate vaping.

'Wingnut said:
'Walton Goggins said:
follow up question regarding VFL, how do you know it's fully charged?Green light is shownScrew ecig into chargerEnd of ecig flasesGreen light turns to red light on chargerDoes it then turn green once it's fully charged? It doesn't seem to every time. Perhaps the ecig is clogged which results in a charge that's not 100%?How long does your ecig last after fully charged?
When you screw it into the wall charger, the LED on the end of the battery should flash 3 times, and the light on the charger turns red. The light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.The USB charger light turns red when charging, and blue when charged. I have a screwy USB charger that turns a blue/red combo when the battery is fully charged.My batteries hold a charge for 3-4 hours with moderate to heavy vaping, and about 6-8 hours with light to moderate vaping.
Thanks. I wonder if I need to clean the inside of my charger since it doesn't take a long time for the green light to come on but then after about an hour of heavy use my cig is fully drained.

Really liking the Tasty Vapor juices. Doubling was very simple since I ordered 2 oz empties to double the 1 oz juices. Can't believe I actually coughed inhaling German Chocolate the first time. Great flavor. Banana Foster is smoother but still a nice inhale. Slightly different taste than V4L Banana Foster but very good. The bottles have very nice pointy tips and the juice seems thinner than V4L... very easy to fill carts with this stuff.

Really liking the Tasty Vapor juices. Doubling was very simple since I ordered 2 oz empties to double the 1 oz juices. Can't believe I actually coughed inhaling German Chocolate the first time. Great flavor. Banana Foster is smoother but still a nice inhale. Slightly different taste than V4L Banana Foster but very good. The bottles have very nice pointy tips and the juice seems thinner than V4L... very easy to fill carts with this stuff.
The TV bottles are great

I'm really liking the Snackers from V4L. Great flavor and I can vape it all day.

I'm on 8mg and the TH is very acceptable and very good vapor.

I'm really liking the Snackers from V4L. Great flavor and I can vape it all day.

I'm on 8mg and the TH is very acceptable and very good vapor.

For those using syringes to refill cartos, has anyone found a "vessel" that will allow the needle to get down into the juice. After a few refills my needles are not getting far enough into the bottle to reach the juice.

I've thought about dripping the juice into one of the condoms and filling the syringe from that, but I'm leery of puncturing the condom (never, ever a good idea). Anyone...?

'BigJim® said:
Memo for record! I'm really going through these juices...and needed a reminder of 'doubling'. Like that plan BigJim. Wingnut's excellent description is on thread page 13, post 643.

'SteevieG said:
For those using syringes to refill cartos, has anyone found a "vessel" that will allow the needle to get down into the juice. After a few refills my needles are not getting far enough into the bottle to reach the juice.I've thought about dripping the juice into one of the condoms and filling the syringe from that, but I'm leery of puncturing the condom (never, ever a good idea). Anyone...?
Dunno for sure since I got the eGo-t in order to avoid this kind of refill hassles, but would an injector work instead of the syringe? Or is it too big?It seems like they would pull closer to the bottom of the bottle--or maybe even load liquid in it from the top instead.

'SteevieG said:
For those using syringes to refill cartos, has anyone found a "vessel" that will allow the needle to get down into the juice. After a few refills my needles are not getting far enough into the bottle to reach the juice.I've thought about dripping the juice into one of the condoms and filling the syringe from that, but I'm leery of puncturing the condom (never, ever a good idea). Anyone...?
Can you tip the bottle to the side enough for the syringe to reach the juice? Do you have a smaller bottle lying around that you can transfer the juice to? Worst case, pop the cap off the carto and drip right from the bottle.

'BigJim® said:
This might be blasphemous, but V4L juice has better TH at 18 mg than TV. Direct comparison of Bananas Foster is pretty definitive. Don't get me wrong, I love the flavors of TV and certainly a superior inhale to the Alien Visions samples I tried. I'm wondering if I should order a small container of PG that TV sells for $7.00 because I'd love to increase TH on the 2 oz I have. Anyone else ever dabble in increasing PG with already mixed liquids?

'BigJim® said:
This might be blasphemous, but V4L juice has better TH at 18 mg than TV. Direct comparison of Bananas Foster is pretty definitive. Don't get me wrong, I love the flavors of TV and certainly a superior inhale to the Alien Visions samples I tried. I'm wondering if I should order a small container of PG that TV sells for $7.00 because I'd love to increase TH on the 2 oz I have. Anyone else ever dabble in increasing PG with already mixed liquids?
Interesting. I have added VG to increase vapor, but I havent tried adding PG for TH.My 24mg TV Waffle juice has a TH Id rate 9 or 10 out of 10. It really brings the burn, which is the way I like it. The only other TV juices Ive tried have been 18mg German Choc (TH wasnt anything special), and 12mg Choc covered Cherry, which had about the same TH as the German Choc. Weird.

'BigJim® said:
Interesting. I have added VG to increase vapor, but I havent tried adding PG for TH.My 24mg TV Waffle juice has a TH Id rate 9 or 10 out of 10. It really brings the burn, which is the way I like it. The only other TV juices Ive tried have been 18mg German Choc (TH wasnt anything special), and 12mg Choc covered Cherry, which had about the same TH as the German Choc. Weird.
Yes, Bananas Foster is noticeably less TH than V4L 18. I don't have a point of compariso for German Chocolate but it is noticeably less TH than anything I have in V4L 18 (Coffee, Expresso, Capuccino). It made me cough initially, but oddly my experience was that was on the exhale and not due to TH on inhale. Sounds like your experience with German Chocolate TH not being anything special and comparable to 12 mg Choco Covered Cherry.

Bookmark for some really cool juice analysis. Not there yet but anticipatin'... :thumbup:

Went through three eGo-t tanksful today, two 24mg refills and one 8mg prefilled when I figured I'm overdoing it. 3 smokes between 03:30 and 06:00, none since.

It's a real good thing that there's about 50 folks I work with who are real supportive!

Meanwhile a close friend of mine is trying to quit now too, and she's under doctors orders. She has a nicotine inhaler, delivering 4mg/20 minute dose if done all at once.

HOOOOWAAAAAHHHH that seems strong--anyone with any experience with them? Of course each dose is expected to last sometime more than 20 minutes...

Thanks to this thread I haven't smoked a regular cigarette in over a week! Although the info seemed overwhelming at first I gave it a shot and am loving it so far! Thanks to all for the great reviews and tips! I ordered from V4L and am still experimenting with flavors and nicotine levels....I like some in 18 and some 11. Coffee flavors are good and took advantage of triple play offer this past weekend and looking forward to bananas foster, chocolate banana, cola, caramel mocha, and the red energy drink flavor. Thanks again to everyone here for sharing their stories and good luck to anyone thinking about giving it a shot!

Thanks to this thread I haven't smoked a regular cigarette in over a week! Although the info seemed overwhelming at first I gave it a shot and am loving it so far! Thanks to all for the great reviews and tips! I ordered from V4L and am still experimenting with flavors and nicotine levels....I like some in 18 and some 11. Coffee flavors are good and took advantage of triple play offer this past weekend and looking forward to bananas foster, chocolate banana, cola, caramel mocha, and the red energy drink flavor. Thanks again to everyone here for sharing their stories and good luck to anyone thinking about giving it a shot!
:thumbup: Good flavors. I still haven't bought the caramel mocha but need to put that on my shopping list.

A new supply of Reo Grands are supposed to be in the pipe-line this week. Anybody else looking to order one? Eliminating all the fuss and maximizing the experience sounds pretty good to me. For anyone who has one, would it be a good idea to get some extra bottles to have a wider variety of juices on stand-by?

So far it's not quite what I expected but I'm just getting the hang of it. I've been hitting it Hard--the prefilled tanks are 8mg and minimal throat hit or vapor it seems, so I'm looking forward to something stronger from the refills. Kind of surprised at that--came across a kiosk at the mall yesterday that was dealing Vapor Corps, and on one of their models vaping 8's was fine. As it is I'm vaping pretty constantly to make up the difference.
I recall one of your initial posts indicated your smoking history was like Rovers'... so this initial reaction with 8 mg's doesn't surprise me in the slightest (other than the fact that a kiost had 8 mg's that were strong). I doubt Rovers would even be able to tell the difference between 8 mg juice and plain air inhales. He needed 24-36 mg to manage nic cravings.
I read a study not long ago that said a regular cigarette delivers 1.5mg of nicotine per cigarette, while a 16mg juice delivers .15mg in an equivalent # of "drags." So, even if you use 36mg juice, 10-12 drags (arbitrarily choosing that as the # of drags in which you'd smoke an analog), you're still only getting about 30% of the nicotine delivered that you'd get from an analog, so I don't know that people fretting over their nicotine content is necessary. If this is accurate, you need worry less about how much nicotine is in your juice and more about simulating the smoking experience enough to keep you from actually putting match to tobacco.
Any idea how many drags are in a cart? Better yet--how many in a eGo-Tank (which is what I use). I hadn't tried to track it, but after yesterday blowing through three tanks figure I might be hitting it too hard. Heck--I'm basically chain vaping much of the time. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread