What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (1 Viewer)

I watch like 2 episodes of SNL per year. Not much on tonight so I'm watching this one.

This "The Californians" skit makes me want to change the channel already. Christ. The monologue was decent...opening skit was meh though.

The only funny thing about this Californians is when they all are trying to stifle laughter.

They finally pushed the envelope and took a chance. That acupuncture scene was a riot. Kind of reminded me of an I Love Lucie episode with a twist. When the bubble was first forming you're thinking no way and then...

:lmao:

This last 20 minutes is the main problem with SNL right now. Just completely inconsistent. You just an amazing acupuncture segment and then followed it up with an awful one with the two desperate hens dating 6 year olds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh...GODAWFUL...entire episode was a waste.If you DVR'd it for watching later...just delete it and save yourself that lost time. Even Weekend Update was pitiful...not one moment of funny.I do have to admit, there's something about Cecily Strong that makes my nether parts tingle though...

Ugh...GODAWFUL...entire episode was a waste.If you DVR'd it for watching later...just delete it and save yourself that lost time. Even Weekend Update was pitiful...not one moment of funny.I do have to admit, there's something about Cecily Strong that makes my nether parts tingle though...
Completely agree. This show has completely gone off the rails. :X

That show was so bad last night, at least the first half which I stuck with, and where the good sketches usually are, it almost makes me wonder if they sandbagged her based on that pompous departure last year

I think some of you just must be completely devoid of a sense of humor. I've only watched up to the Weekend Update. But the show has been hilarious so far. I'm starting to think it's just cool in the FFA to hate on this show or something.

I think some of you just must be completely devoid of a sense of humor. I've only watched up to the Weekend Update. But the show has been hilarious so far. I'm starting to think it's just cool in the FFA to hate on this show or something.
I almost cracked a smile over the mother's day skit...other than that...where was the funny...please point to it.

I almost cracked a smile over the mother's day skit...other than that...where was the funny...please point to it.
In fairness to SNL, it should be pointed out that you don't like anything.

In fairness to SNL, it should be pointed out that you don't like anything.
Not true...I like a great many of things...however, yes...I can admit that I'm very fickle and am quick to turn against things.

Honestly though...where was the funny in Wiig's episode?The cougars dating kids? Californians? That bile-inducing cashier routine she does?Someone just point out the funny...

Honestly though...where was the funny in Wiig's episode?The cougars dating kids? Californians? That bile-inducing cashier routine she does?Someone just point out the funny...
Acupuncture skit was funny. The Californians and Target lady are instant fast-forward as soon as I see it start.

A couple of chuckles in the cougars skit.

Sweet Jeebus, since when is comedy so objective....you've always hated Wiig's shtick, we get it. My family, extended and otherwise, will be quoting half the skits for a few weeks. Had the pause the Dvr so my wife and could actually listen many a time after losing it. The Target lady is nearly always hilarious and this was no exception. Korean water ghost...very funny. Lawrence Welk and tiny hands....funny. Even the Californians still gets me. Its obvious how much the cast loves doing that skit and that always gets me. Only regret is that they somehow didnt fit in time for Triangle Sally. Love Wiig's weirdo shtick and always have so favorite episode of the year along with Walz. Oops...and Timberlake, of course.

I've never been particularly fond of Kristin Wiig's characters so I wasn't expecting much. The 1-800-FLOWERS and ghost mom sketches were decent, but the rest of the show was lousy, even Weekend Update. :thumbdown:

Sweet Jeebus, since when is comedy so objective....you've always hated Wiig's shtick, we get it. My family, extended and otherwise, will be quoting half the skits for a few weeks. Had the pause the Dvr so my wife and could actually listen many a time after losing it. The Target lady is nearly always hilarious and this was no exception. Korean water ghost...very funny. Lawrence Welk and tiny hands....funny. Even the Californians still gets me. Its obvious how much the cast loves doing that skit and that always gets me. Only regret is that they somehow didnt fit in time for Triangle Sally. Love Wiig's weirdo shtick and always have so favorite episode of the year along with Walz. Oops...and Timberlake, of course.
Thanks for reminding me. Lawrence Welk and tiny hands = instant fast-forward too.

But yeah, Korean ghost was good.

the one where she has deformed tiny hands and three hot sisters cracked me up.the korean water ghost was awesome.the monologue was solid.I'm apparently one of the few who laughs at Californians. :shrug:it was a hundred times better than that Kevin Hart guy's episode.

the one where she has deformed tiny hands and three hot sisters cracked me up.the korean water ghost was awesome.the monologue was solid.I'm apparently one of the few who laughs at Californians. :shrug:it was a hundred times better than that Kevin Hart guy's episode.
Racist.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
I'm apparently one of the few who laughs at Californians.
It went from an OK skit to a tiresome "is this all they got?!" feature, full circle to a chance for the cast to crack each other up, which makes it funnier than the Californians was ever written to be.

So-so-soooo wish it was better, but I'll watch SNL no matter how bad it gets because no one else is doing it and it needs to be done & seen to keep an eye on what's intentionally funny.

Thanks...was serious about wondering what was funny...cause I just didn't get it...now on reflection...I liked:

1800flowers a bit

Korean Water Ghost had it's moments and the thought alone is clever

Acupuncture was decent

I'd just think with her returning we'd see some real solid stuff...but it was just rehashing the same old and wasting time.They're even finding ways to unfunny Timberlake...with him being on so often, you don't need to do an Omletteville skit everytime just because...let it marinate and make the people want more and knock it out of the park...don't just do it to do it.SNL's problem is that they hear the crowd laugh and that's it...bingo...we're going to run that skit into the ground, dig it up and then electrocute it until it flinches some more.

Users who are viewing this thread