What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (2 Viewers)

Was that the best looking host/musical guest combination ever?
Maybe.

So I took a look. I left out double duty hosts (e.g., Britney Spears, J Lo) to only include a distinct host/musical guest, and there were quite a few combos to consider.

Raquel Welch / Phoebe Snow 1975
Linda Hamilton / Mariah Carey 1991
Mary Stuart Masterson / En Vogue 1992
Heather Locklear / Janet Jackson 1994
Lisa Kudrow / Sheryl Crow 1996
Claire Danes / Mariah Carey 1997
Reese Witherspoon / Alicia Keys 2001
Sarah Michelle Gellar / Faith Hill 2002
Salma Hayek / Christina Aguilera 2003
Halle Berry / Britney Spears 2003
Blake Lively / Rihanna 2009
Anne Hathaway / Rihanna 2012
Brie Larson / Alicia Keys 2016
Scarlett Johansson / Lorde 2017
Natalie Portman / Dua Lipa 2018

I'm sure I missed some, but thought this was a pretty good list (chronological). I found it interesting that outside of Raquel Welch in 1975, these combos didn't really start showing up until the 90s, and seem to have accelerated since then. :shrug:

I thought Gillis (I'm a fan of his) was an above average host with a below average monologue. The sketches, taken as a whole, were better than most weeks. I'd argue that no sketches reached that "instant classic" range. I thought the Limu Emu sketch was the funniest, but the "pop-culture" material it is based on, probably limits the shelf life of it.

I'm a big fan of Gillis as well. I currently live in his hometown in central PA. I liked his monologue as well... but as he mentioned during his monologue his material does not lend itself well to TV. I agree he was definitely better than most weeks. I thought the Trump sneakers skit was his best, and I agree that he is good at skits. I assume it is from his material with Gilly and Keeves.

Shortest Weekend Update ever
Overall a great episode tho. They must have been short on time or something. Very odd to have no guest bits on Weekend Update.

ScarJo was awesome. She nailed that monologue.

I wonder if Ariana Grande would ever want to pull double duty. She did well in her skits.

Beavis and Butthead :lmao:
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The fact they all couldn't keep it together was hysterical. Mikey Day killed it as Butthead, and Heidi's reaction when she turned around and saw him was :lmao: .
The subtle start with Gosling looking around as if it was someone else :lol:
...and the "I don't watch much TV, I have an incredibly busy life..." :lmao:

here’s the clip

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread