What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (2 Viewers)

So far, a better episode than the crap they trotted out for the season premiere.

I just cannot stand that chick with the overbite like someone kicked her in the chin...that Jewish boy skit is like quicksand to comedy.

I can acknowledge that the chick who did the Breaking Bad skit is very talented but damn...she is VIOLENTLY UGLY...those nostrils flaring cause my junk to retract right up into my stomach.

Cecily Strong is still the sexy beast of this cast...she's awesome.

Strange that no guy has tried to step up and become a frontrunner yet...I guess Killam or Kenan are trying but it's just not happening for me.

I just cannot stand that chick with the overbite like someone kicked her in the chin...that Jewish boy skit is like quicksand to comedy.

I can acknowledge that the chick who did the Breaking Bad skit is very talented
I wasn't certain where to even laugh during the Bat Mitzvah skit. It just seemed to go pointlessly on and on. One of Bayer's best skits is her Miley Cyrus impression. I was surprised they didn't write a skit to get her and Miley together.

I think Kate McKinnon is separating herself from the rest of the cast talent-wise. She can play anything: straight-man/sidekick/lead character/celebrity. She elevates every scene she is in. She reminds me of Jan Hooks, who I have always thought was an underrated cast member.

The parody video was good.

Mckinnon with the GTA bit on Weekend Update was funny.

Strong was a bit week on update. Monotone. Delivery isn't there yet. Guess they are running WU to end near the 60 minute mark. Smart.

The girlfriends skit was one of the better ones as well.

All in all a solid episode.

I can acknowledge that the chick who did the Breaking Bad skit is very talented
I wasn't certain where to even laugh during the Bat Mitzvah skit. It just seemed to go pointlessly on and on. One of Bayer's best skits is her Miley Cyrus impression. I was surprised they didn't write a skit to get her and Miley together.
Seems like a no-brainer. A skit with Bayer as Miley with Miley playing Billie Ray would be easy to write. Bayer being over the top sexual with Miley, with a mullet, trying to get her to tone it down.

Miley Cyrus is one of the biggest hacks I've ever seen

But otherwise the cast was pretty funny.. DVR only got about 2/3 of the show, but that's fine

another season starts tonight
Cecily Strong is the new host of "Weekend Update".

I thought she was one the standouts from last season.
She's very good when playing characters. Not sure how that will translate to Update.
Love that chick...I'd let her bite me with those sharp eye teeth anywhere she wants...
Is it just me, or did Cecily look a bit ... well ... "Strong-er" this season?
Does "strong" = "heavier"?
:yes:
OK, I was wrong about this. Must have been what she was wearing last week. Nothing to see here.

:thumbup:
Uh, I'm not so sure

Last edited by a moderator:

She's very good when playing characters. Not sure how that will translate to Update.
Love that chick...I'd let her bite me with those sharp eye teeth anywhere she wants...
OK, I was wrong about this. Must have been what she was wearing last week. Nothing to see here.

Uh, I'm not so sure
That's actually the skit that convinced me that I was seeing things. She's not petite, but she looks pretty good. :shrug:

Uh, I'm not so sure
That's actually the skit that convinced me that I was seeing things. She's not petite, but she looks pretty good. :shrug:
Slight Hijack. Here's a Yahoo page that has her doing promos with Bruce Willis and looking pretty OK. There' also a slew of old (and some new) SNL skits with Akroyd, Belushi, Murphy, etc on the page.

Disclaimer- There might be the obligatory ad before the video

http://screen.yahoo.com/snl/

I've thought both shows were relatively good.. I like Kenan Thompson AND Bruce Willis.. He just looks like that! :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
They really banking big on this Kilan dude, he is basically the main guy on every sketch. He is solid, but this show seriously sucks, even weekend update feels lame compared to a regular daily show episode.

Damn...it's bad when the artistic pictures they show of the hosts, as they come back from commercials, show more talent than the writing of the actual episodes.

Kitty cat is not funny. It seemed even worse to combine it with a 15-year old Armageddon reference. But still more current than the Look Who's Talking reference.

I know it's just 3 episodes in, but none of them have been awful IMO. And we've seen a lot of awful over the past years. I can tell that the writing seems to be better :shrug:

Watched this episode in like 10 minutes. Have a standing rule of fast-forwarding any sketch involving Keenan Thompson.
Guy is brutal. I don't understand how he's still on the show unless he's got pictures of Lorne dressed as Hitler or ####### farm animals.
The lack of black performers on SNL throughout it's history is puzzling. The pantheon of comedy is disproportionately dominated with black comedians. Yet SNL's roster is Murphy, Meadows and Thompson. This came up before the latest season with a few Pharoah quotes.

Watched this episode in like 10 minutes. Have a standing rule of fast-forwarding any sketch involving Keenan Thompson.
Guy is brutal. I don't understand how he's still on the show unless he's got pictures of Lorne dressed as Hitler or ####### farm animals.
The lack of black performers on SNL throughout it's history is puzzling. The pantheon of comedy is disproportionately dominated with black comedians. Yet SNL's roster is Murphy, Meadows and Thompson. This came up before the latest season with a few Pharoah quotes.
You can only have so many, "White People...Am I right?!" jokes before it gets old.

They've had some besides those three. Tracy Morgan, Ellen Cleghorne, Maya Rudolph, and Garrett Morris spring to mind.

It is? Granted I'm far from a historian on comedy, but Pryor, Murphy, Cosby, Rock, and Chapelle are the only black comedians I know of that I'd include in the pantheon of comedy.

They've had some besides those three. Tracy Morgan, Ellen Cleghorne, Maya Rudolph, and Garrett Morris spring to mind.
Seriously, there are way more. Finesse Mitchell, anyone?!

Seriously, there are way more. Finesse Mitchell, anyone?!
JB Smoove was on SNL and he's a comedy genius.

Ed Norton was not funny and the show overall was not good however there were a few highlights.

-Autumn's Eve Pumpkin ##### was hysterical and on par with some of the better commercials over the years, the fat chick on that show is funny and had another great line in a terrible slave scene but she kinda winks at the camera, hilarious.

-The news was mildly funny

-The opening skit was a little funny with the ACA

I wasn't as annoyed during this latest episode...I guess that's a positive. I thought there were a few moments of humor in this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread