What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (5 Viewers)

joey said:
I find it hard to take their music seriously when the artist is wearing almost nothing. 
believe me, other parts of me enjoy that ;)  but it’s kind of ridiculous that, in this day and age, female performers still choose to perform in sexy underwear. 
#metoo

joey said:
I find it hard to take their music seriously when the artist is wearing almost nothing. 
believe me, other parts of me enjoy that ;)  but it’s kind of ridiculous that, in this day and age, female performers still choose to perform in sexy underwear. 
joey == Joe Bryant alias, right?  ;) 

'twas a natural w Rachel Dratch close by to be Klobuchar but no longer relevant and a pandemic on the horizon to use her as her most famous character. no better illustration what the the difference between SNL now & then is...

They gave the best sketch to the worst performer.  Masterclasses would be hilarious for almost any celeb imitation - Al Pacino on playing famous people exactly the same, Jared Kushner on ruling the world from the kids' table, any Kardashian or Housewife on Kardashianing or Housewifing

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who didn’t like that episode is missing the point IMO. It’s about continuity and doing the best in an historic time. This will be another milestone on the show’s run, when it tried imperfectly to make us laugh when it was hard. 
Yes. Weird to criticize that episode. 

Yes. Weird to criticize that episode. 
Its not weird.  Overall, it was bad television, IMO.  I am not taking anything away from the effort.  Kudos and applause to all those who were involved in the production, but I am not sure why it should immune from any criticism.   Outside of one or 2 skits per episode, I suppose I haven't been a fan of the show in a long time so maybe my opinion is jaded anyway.  I did enjoy Chris Martin's Shelter from the Storm cover.

I loved the effort...fact is no matter what they did, from a format perspective it was going to feel awkward/flat, yet they still put themselves out there.

Thought it was pretty great.  Can't believe anyone would criticize the effort and the output is the first non-news live tv we've had in a month.

Ok the Drake opening wasn't good. 

I thought the Zoom call was great. 
it was one of the best setups, but the decision to have Kate and Aidy just be completely bizarre seemed a little lazy and uninspired.

i still agree with the takes that the cast and crew should be given full credit for just pulling this off.  don't underestimate the value of all of the production, set, costume and other support stuff, as well as the energy of the in-person/live element.

They gave the best sketch to the worst performer.  Masterclasses would be hilarious for almost any celeb imitation - Al Pacino on playing famous people exactly the same, Jared Kushner on ruling the world from the kids' table, any Kardashian or Housewife on Kardashianing or Housewifing
i wouldn't say she is the worst performer, but either way, I agree that it was ultimately a bit uninspired, though I assume that part of Chloe's appeal to them is to be tapped into a younger wavelength.  Though I wonder how many people know both masterclass and that tiktok perfomer that well.

Anyone who didn’t like that episode is missing the point IMO. It’s about continuity and doing the best in an historic time. This will be another milestone on the show’s run, when it tried imperfectly to make us laugh when it was hard. 
Kind of like the first show after 9/11. 

Best line by Giuliani ever, "can we be funny?" " Why start now?"

i wouldn't say she is the worst performer, but either way, I agree that it was ultimately a bit uninspired, though I assume that part of Chloe's appeal to them is to be tapped into a younger wavelength.  Though I wonder how many people know both masterclass and that tiktok perfomer that well.
I don’t think she’s the worst. I don’t find Bowen Yang, Beck Bennett, Mikey Day, or Alex Moffat very funny at all. Jost and Che are great at what they do, and the rest of the show is carried by the women and the occasional Davidson gold. 

Bill Hader is a top 10 favorite of mine, but first 2-3 seasons he was working stuff out. I wouldn’t be so hard on her. Not saying she’ll reach the stratosphere, but she has potential to be very good IMO. 

nothing against her. that wasn't my point. she probably developed the bit and deserves some propriety. with so little sureshot material, however, i would have expanded it beyond her

I don’t think she’s the worst. I don’t find Bowen Yang, Beck Bennett, Mikey Day, or Alex Moffat very funny at all. Jost and Che are great at what they do, and the rest of the show is carried by the women and the occasional Davidson gold. 
Bowen yang is a little strange as a performer. Still haven’t really figured him out.  I think that beck and Alex can be good sometimes, but they are certainly more subtle performers, so it depends on the material.  Mikey day definitely not my cup of tea as a performer.

Bowen yang is a little strange as a performer. Still haven’t really figured him out.  
have yet to enjoy any performer who thinks they should not only be accepted but embraced for who they are and that failure to laugh is automatically because you dont "get" them because of your own hangups (a very 21st C tip anyways). work for it, gf. self-cancelling & entirely unfabulous -

I only knew who Carol Baskins was in that sketch. I have no idea who the hoodie kid or tic toc kid is.

Bowen yang is a little strange as a performer. Still haven’t really figured him out.  I think that beck and Alex can be good sometimes, but they are certainly more subtle performers, so it depends on the material.  Mikey day definitely not my cup of tea as a performer.
Yang plays the same character in every sketch.  Mikey Day is awesome.

I appreciate that they made the effort.

One of the challenges was the same as the late night shows, and Daily Show / John Oliver. Without a live audience, telling jokes or trying to be funny in silence is pretty painful to watch. It just feels lifeless. I wish they would add a laugh track. I don’t care that it’s fake, it adds energy that all those shows are sorely lacking right now. 

Wife and I had no clue. Still don't. Didn't feel they were anyone worth looking up.
my daughter was just telling me that the tiktok girl is playing a character on tiktok and supposedly she wants to stop but her parents are forcing her to keep going with it because it makes a lot of money...

was also on dance moms apparently.

i know the name chalumet, but i have no idea what he's done.

i gathered that baskins was part of tiger king and confirmed that with a friend who was also watching.

Users who are viewing this thread