What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

This is certainly an interesting article and explains Lesnars lack of commitment even for Lesnar. Apparently Lesnar got heated and called out HHH for essentially being a hypocrite in this Rich Rodriguez steroid incident.  This could be a huge story if true, this guy allegedly has material on Lesnar and lots of proof of Roman roiding up.  So much for a WM headliner.  

https://wwfoldschool.com/brock-lesnar-wants-re-sign-wwe-wwe-not-interested/

This is certainly an interesting article and explains Lesnars lack of commitment even for Lesnar. Apparently Lesnar got heated and called out HHH for essentially being a hypocrite in this Rich Rodriguez steroid incident.  This could be a huge story if true, this guy allegedly has material on Lesnar and lots of proof of Roman roiding up.  So much for a WM headliner.  

https://wwfoldschool.com/brock-lesnar-wants-re-sign-wwe-wwe-not-interested/
:excited:  So much more exciting than the actual product. Syringe on a pole match for the belt at Mania  :excited:  

And there's zero doubt HHH and Shane McMahon are guilty as anyone. :lmao:  Shane is just comical at this point. I think Barry Bonds even commented "#### his head is big".

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/970385595548741632

Brings up an interesting discussion: is Cody really the third highest paid wrestler in the industry? And if so, why aren't other guys jumping ship from the WWE and following his game plan.
I know RoH paid a lot for him; is he top 3? :shrug:

I imagine there was some extra green to keep him exclusive to RoH in North America. Does NJPW pay him separately from RoH? I imagine if RoH/New Japan pay for flights/cars/hotels, that’s an immediate pay bump vs. WWE. 

If someone knows, please tell me. 

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/970385595548741632

Brings up an interesting discussion: is Cody really the third highest paid wrestler in the industry? And if so, why aren't other guys jumping ship from the WWE and following his game plan.
He’s right about the hot wife. She is smokin and must be a little nutty to be with him. 

But no way do I believe he’s top 3. Doubt he’s top 10. He’s lower midcard 4 life lets be honest. 

Nice opening segment on RAW. It gave a reason to buy into RR wrestling at WM. Fortunately, they kept her mic time to a minimum. 

Nice opening segment on RAW. It gave a reason to buy into RR wrestling at WM. Fortunately, they kept her mic time to a minimum. 
My 13 year old son was into it.  I was rolling my eyes at Jean-Paul and Kurt rolling around like vertebrae-fused fish.

Ugh, that RAW ending was cringeworthy. 15 minutes to end the show without one physical altercation, move, or anything really.   :sleep:

Miz v. Balor v. Rollins and Nak v. Styles is enough to get me on board for Mania. 
Yes, plus Rollins vs Balor one-on-one is a fine replacement in case Miz has to miss at the last minute.  His wife is due to give birth right around WM Sunday.

Tom Servo said:
I know RoH paid a lot for him; is he top 3? :shrug:

I imagine there was some extra green to keep him exclusive to RoH in North America. Does NJPW pay him separately from RoH? I imagine if RoH/New Japan pay for flights/cars/hotels, that’s an immediate pay bump vs. WWE. 

If someone knows, please tell me. 
Can't say for sure if he's top-3. Counting merch money(as non-WWE guys get almost all the money off their own merch) I can't imagine he's not top-10.

According to Jericho's podcast, NJPW pays for flights and hotels, can't speak for ROH though.

If I had to guess, I'd think the top-3 are Lesnar, Cena and Okada.

Ugh, that RAW ending was cringeworthy. 15 minutes to end the show without one physical altercation, move, or anything really.   :sleep:
rabble rabble I'm tired of the guys with a match in the future facing off every week as the build rabble rabble
rabble rabble there's no physicality, why aren't the top guys facing off more often? rabble rabble

rabble rabble I'm tired of the guys with a match in the future facing off every week as the build rabble rabble
rabble rabble there's no physicality, why aren't the top guys facing off more often? rabble rabble
I fall in category A, I can't imagine being on category B. 

Guys facing each other 3 weeks in a row to build to another match is awful, universally awful.

Top guys should only face each other at PPV's. Raw/Smackdown could use more lower card guys facing top guys. Cena/Goldust is exactly the type of match I'm happy to see on a weekly show.

I heard it floated last year, I wonder if we are getting close to a place where wrestlemania becomes a two night deal.  There's just too much to put on these cards and theres already people there anyway.  The Hall of Fame is losing its luster and it might be a nice separation but at the same time I can see everyone #####ing if they aren't on "sunday" wrestlemania

I heard it floated last year, I wonder if we are getting close to a place where wrestlemania becomes a two night deal.  There's just too much to put on these cards and theres already people there anyway.  The Hall of Fame is losing its luster and it might be a nice separation but at the same time I can see everyone #####ing if they aren't on "sunday" wrestlemania
There's already a whole slate of indy wrestling shows in the same city that weekend, from RoH on down. WWE cannot take the chance that RoH's "Supercard of Honor" outdraws the Saturday WM and/or leaves Vince's venue half full. All of these indy shows plan them around WM - one even starts at midnight after WM ends.

VKM will also have to get off this notion that everyone gets a WM spot just because they're signed. If you're going to have WM as your premium showcase, why do I want to see Breezango and 8 other lower card jabronis filling up a trumped-up battle royale just to get everyone on. If you have the Super Bowl, you don't invite the Browns and 49ers to scrimmage between quarters. WM should be for the top half of the card talent only.

It won't happen.

There's already a whole slate of indy wrestling shows in the same city that weekend, from RoH on down. WWE cannot take the chance that RoH's "Supercard of Honor" outdraws the Saturday WM and/or leaves Vince's venue half full. All of these indy shows plan them around WM - one even starts at midnight after WM ends.

VKM will also have to get off this notion that everyone gets a WM spot just because they're signed. If you're going to have WM as your premium showcase, why do I want to see Breezango and 8 other lower card jabronis filling up a trumped-up battle royale just to get everyone on. If you have the Super Bowl, you don't invite the Browns and 49ers to scrimmage between quarters. WM should be for the top half of the card talent only.

It won't happen.
If Saturday was "workermania", you get rid of the NXT show, take those best guys, and put the guys that can go on that show  and Sunday was for the Shane, HHH"s and Undertakers of the world, they might mitigate things.  Lets get real, ROH and every mudshow in creation put together put together isn't outdrawing a WWE show, particularly one branded as Wrestlemania.  

This isn't my idea and I think I heard it first from John Pollock and Wai Ting on their great podcast who suggested it based on a NJPW show template.  Not wrestlekingdom but I'm not sure if it was a G1 thing 

If Saturday was "workermania", you get rid of the NXT show, take those best guys, and put the guys that can go on that show  and Sunday was for the Shane, HHH"s and Undertakers of the world, they might mitigate things.  Lets get real, ROH and every mudshow in creation put together put together isn't outdrawing a WWE show, particularly one branded as Wrestlemania.  

This isn't my idea and I think I heard it first from John Pollock and Wai Ting on their great podcast who suggested it based on a NJPW show template.  Not wrestlekingdom but I'm not sure if it was a G1 thing 
Point is, why have Workermania? So all the lower-level talent can feel good about themselves? Pfft. Plus, why would you dilute the WrestleMania brand by having Titus Worldwide headline the Saturday show? Cut the guys a check for a share of the profits and be done with it.

RoH and what you call "mudshows" are supported by the hardcore wrestling fans - the ones that give the juice to a WWE show. If you force them to choose between seeing Austin Aries battle Kenny King for the RoH TV title and Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurl for the World Title and some thrown-together feud at a Saturday Workermania show, they'll choose the RoH show most every time.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom is every January 4th and is one night only. The G1 Climax is a tournament over several nights - the winner of which gets a shot at the IWGP title at the following Wrestle Kingdom. The comparison between those and WrestleMania is invalid because G1 is a whole 'nother animal. Whomever made that comparison doesn't know the wrestling business.

I’ve never been the biggest fan but he and cena might be the last match worth seeing with him. He can’t be worse than last year. I think it will be smoke and mirrors sufficient spectacle 
The story they're telling with Cena is how does he adjust now that he's an aging superstar and the new guard is coming in.  it's a good angle, but I don't see how a match with the Undertaker serves the story.  Maybe they'll try a version of the Ric Flair "I will never retire!" angle at some point.

Point is, why have Workermania? So all the lower-level talent can feel good about themselves? Pfft. Plus, why would you dilute the WrestleMania brand by having Titus Worldwide headline the Saturday show? Cut the guys a check for a share of the profits and be done with it.

RoH and what you call "mudshows" are supported by the hardcore wrestling fans - the ones that give the juice to a WWE show. If you force them to choose between seeing Austin Aries battle Kenny King for the RoH TV title and Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurl for the World Title and some thrown-together feud at a Saturday Workermania show, they'll choose the RoH show most every time.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom is every January 4th and is one night only. The G1 Climax is a tournament over several nights - the winner of which gets a shot at the IWGP title at the following Wrestle Kingdom. The comparison between those and WrestleMania is invalid because G1 is a whole 'nother animal. Whomever made that comparison doesn't know the wrestling business.
So if you headlined that with AJ vs nakamura, ring of honor is going to be in the universe with that show?

Users who are viewing this thread