What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Bogart said:
Had downtime in front of the TV this weekend and ended up watching a lot of YouTube videos from a guy (Omega Jake I think), that played out myGM mode on WWE 2k22 with different variations (only tag teams, only NXT/WCW/jobbers on the roster) and try and beat the computer. This guy put more thought into long term booking/roster management/schedule logistics than WWE has done in some time.

It's fairly easy to do if you have the time. Years ago when I had more time I booked my GM/WWE Universe long term and had CAWS and everything. I added Supershows like ROH and NJPW etc vs WWE, ECW etc. 

When you have writers who know their wrestling and what works its easy. Problem is WWE has a bunch of Hollywood writers who wrote for TV and dramas and have no clue about wrestling. 

This is like having a top High School Football program in the country and hiring the language arts guy who only knows Basketball to coach the team and expect a State Title. Not gonna have good ending. 

Tom Servo said:
I found out about this today.  This happened a full decade before I started watching wrestling, but it's wild nonetheless.  

January 31, 1974 during a Steel Belt Wrestling event in Cleveland, Ernie Ladd and Johnny Powers were going at it.  Then, Ox Baker comes in and starts heart punching Ladd - which in the day was sold as being able to give someone a heart attack.  With kayfabe being alive and well, the fans lost their minds, and started a riot.  This makes Bash at the Beach with the Hogan heel turn look like a church picnic.
I like how they turned 90 degrees after each heart punch so that everyone could see exactly what was happening.

For those who follow NJPW Wrestling DOntaku was Sunday Morning. AKA the birthplace of Bullet Club 9 yrs ago so a lot of bullet club stuff between GOD and BC happened. 

Chase Owens won his first IWGP title winning the IWGP Tag with Bad Luck Fale in a 3 way match 

Tama Beat Evil for the Never open which after the match returning Good Brothers came out and beat on Tama and Tonga 

Tongo Loa beat Yujiro in a singles bout

Taji Ishimori won the JR Heavy belt. 

After Tanahashi won the US Title Chase Owens comes out saying he never got his shot for the title after pinning Tana but he doesn't care as he has one. A masked figured jumped Tana and revealed himself as New Member Juice Robinson going by Rock Hard. 

After Okada won and gave his speeches for the IWGP Title his music stops to Switch blades music who comes out with Gedo and they attack him. Jay White reminds Okada it's still The Era of the SwitchBlade and he will win back his belt. Out comes all of Bullet Club With Good Brother, Owens, Fale, Evil, Yujiro, **** Togo

End the night with Karl Anderson going on about the history mentioning Prince Devitt, AJ and Omega and now Switchblade. Says they are stronger then ever, introduces everyone reminding them 9 yrs ago at this very PPV in this very city. 

Happy Bullet Club 9th anniversary from Balor and Styles WWE fans wondering WTF this is about last night

I don't have high hopes for this and see WWE screwing this up. Would rather see AJ and Balor go back to NJPW with Bullet Club where they belong. This seems more like an apology by WWE to AJ for promising to keep the Good Brothers if AJ resigned and then cutting them months after AJ extends. AJ was not happy about it but decided to be a good solider and not cause any issues but I know he was fuming about that. WWE could have done a ton with GB/AJ/Balor when all were there but didn't. Heard a few people saying it was because Balor wasn't interested in it because that was a dark time in his life, while others have suggested that seems more like a copout people were told and Balor would've approved of it, if done properly and Hunter was involved in script but obviously that couldn't happen on the main roster. Could've done a huge thing with The Club vs Undisputed ERA in NXT though and a WarGames match between the 2 stables. 

It's sad I can come up with better storylines than WWE. 

@Tom Servo and anyone else sounds like Tessa is in more hotwater. Article even says one source said if your a fan of Tessa better learn SPainish as that's the only way anyone will see her wrestle now. Unconfirmed reports she's out of WOW and there was an incident in a training class where she cut a promo that was viewed as a legit personal attack on another female 

Tessa Blanchard in Hot water with WOW may or may not be done with promotion
B!tcHes gotta b!tcH.  SMH.

I need a 30 for 30 not on Tessa Blanchard, but how her mom was married to Tully, had 4 kids, and then left him for Magnum TA in 2000, a good 20 years after Magnum was relative in the wresting industry, and someone that Tully did not like in or out of the ring.

That's some next level homewrecking there.

Mia Yimm debuts back in IMPACT at UNDERSIEGE after Perrozza vs Valkyrie match for the Rey Dey Reyas titles that Taya defended and won. 

Watched Wrestlemania Backlash last night. Had to actually look at the Wiki page to know what the matches were before it started. And I enjoyed it. WWE continues to be the king of recap segments and telling a story in three hours. 

Cody v. Seth was a great match that they gave plenty of time to. Edge v. AJ was great. Both those guys tell a great story and the reveal of the next person in Edge's faction was fun. Beth Phoenix tweeting about how the addition is a bad idea adds a nice layer of storytelling. Rousey beating Flair was unexpected, until you know that Flair is getting married and wants time away. If she doesn't come back with the Bob Orton loaded cast, it's going to be a wasted opportunity. The six-man tag was a lot of fun and a great way to end the PPV. Everyone came out of that match looking stronger. 

Think I will continue not to watch RAW and Smackdown and enjoy WWE in small monthly bites.

Trying to figure out if WWE wants Drew McIntyre to be champion going into Clash At The Castle or if they want him to win it there. Either way it's going to be a British Bulldog/Summerslam type moment for sure.

Bogart said:
Watched Wrestlemania Backlash last night. Had to actually look at the Wiki page to know what the matches were before it started. And I enjoyed it. WWE continues to be the king of recap segments and telling a story in three hours. 

Cody v. Seth was a great match that they gave plenty of time to. Edge v. AJ was great. Both those guys tell a great story and the reveal of the next person in Edge's faction was fun. Beth Phoenix tweeting about how the addition is a bad idea adds a nice layer of storytelling. Rousey beating Flair was unexpected, until you know that Flair is getting married and wants time away. If she doesn't come back with the Bob Orton loaded cast, it's going to be a wasted opportunity. The six-man tag was a lot of fun and a great way to end the PPV. Everyone came out of that match looking stronger. 

Think I will continue not to watch RAW and Smackdown and enjoy WWE in small monthly bites.
I also had a lot of fun with Backlash despite watching very little of the weekly shows. I listen to some podcasts to keep up with stories because 5 hours per week is too much content. It felt like old NXT shows - smaller match count let everything breathe. The 6 man main event is an awesome way to get star power together in the ring, and it had the energy of Shield matches at their height. Super fun show. 

Twitter buzz is talking about Toni Storm joining AEW. Makes a lot of sense.

Tony, Mr. Khan if I may, you have the power to give us Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter. If you know, you know. #SirMixALotApproves
Finally, this match is going on while I type this. And it’s everything I hoped it would be. 

Darby Allin and Jeff Hardy taking years off their lives for a Wednesday night match. 

Haven't seen that on RAW or Smackdown in ages. Remember even during Ruthless Aggression and a little after that you still had some guys going all out. Very rare WWE even gives a Free Title match anymore either on TV. And then when they do it's some bull#### finish and after you are left with the "well that was all pointless"

Going to NJPW Collison on Sun in Philly the card we're getting also for $75 I can meet Jay White and The Good Brothers which I might do. I'll be in the city anyway on Sun for something else at noon that should be over before the meet and greet. it's at 2:3O for an hour. 

NJPW Strong Collision in Philadelphia, Sunday, May 15 --

Will Ospreay vs. Homicide

Minoru Suzuki vs. Tony Deppen

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Dickinson

Alex Coughlin, Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. JR Kratos, Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs

Killer Kross vs. Yuya Uemura

David Finlay vs. Danny Limelight

QT Marshall vs. Karl Fredericks

Brody King vs. Jake Something

Jeff Cobb vs. Willie Mack

Great-O-Khan, Aaron Henare, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. JONAH, Bad Dude Tito, Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls

Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero, Mascara Dorada, Ren Narita & Chuck Taylor vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Hikuleo

Delirious vs. Ariya Daivari

Last night was the first time I have watched AEW in a while. Had the MJF/Wardlow contract signing. MJF is amazing pretty good on the mic, but I do not understand playing back the same "I get to whip you 10 times, then you face Shawn Spears in a steel cage, etc..." stipulations for Wardlow to get the match with MJF.

The Cody whipping made for a pretty special moment that harkened back to Tommy Dreamer in ECW taking the caning. It was new, and insane to watch and blurred real and kayfabe. To go back to the well so quickly again seems foolish. Unless Wardlow just shrugs them off as a monster, I don't see how they make it compelling.

That said, MJF calling out Cody Rhodes and calling him the American Rollercoaster that will be back in AEW in 2024 was solid shtick.

Sunny has her bond revoked.

After Sytch was arrested at the Hard Rock Hotel in Daytona Beach, she was released on bond the following afternoon, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

Sytch was taken into custody again Friday morning after the judge granted a state motion for pretrial detention.

I don’t know why they let her go initially. There can’t be any Sunny marks in the police department. She needs to stay in the crossbar hotel, get her 3 hots and a cot, and do some serious reevaluation of her life. 

Going to NJPW Collison on Sun in Philly the card we're getting also for $75 I can meet Jay White and The Good Brothers which I might do. I'll be in the city anyway on Sun for something else at noon that should be over before the meet and greet. it's at 2:3O for an hour. 

NJPW Strong Collision in Philadelphia, Sunday, May 15 --

Will Ospreay vs. Homicide

Minoru Suzuki vs. Tony Deppen

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Dickinson

Alex Coughlin, Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. JR Kratos, Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs

Killer Kross vs. Yuya Uemura

David Finlay vs. Danny Limelight

QT Marshall vs. Karl Fredericks

Brody King vs. Jake Something

Jeff Cobb vs. Willie Mack

Great-O-Khan, Aaron Henare, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. JONAH, Bad Dude Tito, Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls

Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero, Mascara Dorada, Ren Narita & Chuck Taylor vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Hikuleo

Delirious vs. Ariya Daivari

Fun night just literally got home 2O minutes ago. Almost 5hrs of wrestling and can't think of a bad match. Met Great O-Khan as he was selling merchandise in the open area of the arena. only one I saw before and after the show. Last few times they had guys lined up up with tables like a flea market with merchandise and one or two wrestlers taking pics with fans. This will be part of NJPW Strong show on Friday night on NJPWWORLD at some point. 

Will Ospreay vs. Homicide-  This was a fun match where Eddie Kingston showed up and nostalgically came down the ramp like no one would see him. Did Commentary and then got somewhat involved in the match Later as Will had Aussie Open Fletcher and Davis with him. Great match with Osprey winning. 

Minoru Suzuki vs. Tony Deppen- This was a solid match with the typical Suzuki stuff. Very technical Suzuki wins

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Dickinson- Final match of the night where Tana won and sent the crowd home happy shorter match then I thought it'd be

Alex Coughlin, Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. JR Kratos, Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs- This opened the show Coughlin has been impressive since his LADOJO days. Team Filthy won

Killer Kross vs. Yuya Uemura- Solid match after intermission. This was your typical NJJPW Squash which I like about these is the guy taking the pin is allowed to create some offense and make it look like he has a chance. Disappointed we didn't get a Where's scarlet Chant started. Kross took the win

David Finlay vs. Danny Limelight- Fun match but Danny should be sued by Homicide for Gimmick infringement as Danny looked more LAX then team filthy. Finley won the match and offered a hand shake at the end where Danny spit on him. Finlay used his father Fit Finley's shilaeigh on him

QT Marshall vs. Karl Fredericks-QT had Aaron Solow and Nick Camorato here with him. They were quickly sent to the back early in this. A Bayley dumped you chant started after this match as Fredericks got jumped after this after winning. QT offered a handshake only for the other two to jump him from behind. A hooded figure with a mask came to save Karl and didn't take long to realize it was Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels who got a big pop 

Brody King vs. Jake Something- This wasn't anything memorable but I just love watching Brody King. This guy is a fun big guy to watch in the ring

Jeff Cobb vs. Willie Mack- Holy Sh** this may have been the best big man match I've seen in yrs. These guys were doing moves you'd expect JRs to do. This was a real slobber knocker as JR would say but awesome 

Great-O-Khan, Aaron Henare, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. JONAH, Bad Dude Tito, Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls- United Empire took the win but the Former The Mighty in WWE Shane and Mikey faced their rivals Aussie Open Fletcher and Davis in this. I'd pay good money to see these guys on Live show going at it for NJPW. 

Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero, Mascara Dorada, Ren Narita & Chuck Taylor vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Hikuleo- Fun match where Hikuleo picked up the win. Chucky T got a big ovation having been a former CZW guy. Big pops for everyone. 

Delirious vs. Ariya Daivari- Daivari won. This was one of the first matches. Good back and fourth first time I've seen Delirious wrestling in Yrs as by the time ROH was touring more he was a trainer at the Dojo and a booker not wrestling as much as he did. 

Fred Douser vs Tommy Filthy Lawyer for the Strong Never belt Lawyer Champ: Douser former Darren Young won this. Filthy at one point Headlocked dragged him to the back no camera around and we heard loud bang. FIlthy comes out and team Filthy  JR Kratos, Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs came to block the ramp. Fred comes out with a crimson mask blood oozing everywhere which should look great on the show when it happens. As he crawls Rocky, Coughlin and one other come out and clear Team filthy. Fred gets in before the 2O count. This match goes almost a half hour. Fred won and is the new NJPW Strong champ. After hugging a few people he gets on the mic talking about how WWE didn't see him as an Asset and how AEW said no to him but he loves wrestling. His Grandpop and WW2 Vet and his parents were in the building as well and a Thank You Grandpop chant started. His promo made you wonder who was cutting onions in the arena. 

Over awesome night

I also ran into Toni Storm @Bogart she was incognito but I recognized that ### of hers from ANywhere. She was awesome and there to support her Husband Juice. Sweatest thing ever and I absolutely loved her Aussie Accent. She was really happy to hear about another Motley Crue fan. Only talked for a few minutes but it was great. 

When we left some wrestler and another big guy were passing out Flyers for WAIT FOR IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CZW IS BACK!!!!!!!!! I know people from the area won't care as much but this is where guys like Moxley, Chucky T, Nick Gage, Adam Cole, Eddie Kingston, Sami Callihan, Chris Hero, Brodie Lee etc all made their dues when they first came out. CZW was our new ECW but do to State laws over the years they moved from Philly. turns out it was Dante Fox and I didn't realize at first but DJ Hyde himself. Dj talked to me and a few others about plans. He wants to get Juice and other on the show wasn't big on Rousser but after his match tonight said he's interested. Rocky wanted him to get a few of his guys on but they aren't on his list. First show is in Blackwood NJ bell time at 4PM this Saturday. Getting Best of the Best and hoping to get the Tournament of death but state laws and other things need to get resolved. One issue is getting guys on plans and air fair went up and used Rich Swann who they are getting as an example. DJ also showed us the new designs for the Tag, JR and Heavyweight belts which was pretty cool. My uber got there as people were still talking to him. 

Also DJ informed us he lost his Brother and Father in the few yrs before the pandemic. Really cool and informative and said there was other stuff he couldn't announce yet. But a lot of people who left with a flyer were excited to see these guys coming back. 

Numerous sources saying Roman Reigns is taking a lengthy break this summer about 2 1/2 months worth as he goes to being a part time performer. Internal discussions have been WWE to force Roman to vacate both titles before he leaves but thats just a rumor for now. Reigns contract ends sometime next year I believe possible before the summer. There hasn't been any discussions yet on renewal. 

Rumors and others have said Roman is planning to pull a Rock and go Hollywood but I will put another scenario out there. AEW possible signing Roman. Remember I reported when the pandemic started Roman was forced off WWE programming do to the Pandemic and be a high risk person do to being a former Cancer patient twice. Vince was very nonchalant on Protocols and just saw the pandemic as an inconvenience. It took the USO's as well as Roman threatening legal action to leave WWE as well as character change to being a heel to force Vince into making drastic protocol changes and I was told WWE lawyers told Vince that it was very possible Roman could win a legal battle do to the fact it dealt with a company not following safety/health protocols. 

AEW made sense as I reported Roman would let his Best Friend Jon Moxley stay at his place when AEW filmed their shows in Jacksonville. AEW had numerious protocols for COVID19 from testing and all that Roman felt comfortable allowing Mox there. Mox also had sent feelers to Roman about Joining AEW and he even texted Cody about legal ways to get out of WWE contract as many WWE performers had done in the past. Jon pitched ideas from AEW higher ups that Roman would be brought into the company as a top heel and made into a mega star. No word on if Mox and Reigns would team together at that time but ideas and storylines were pitched. 

In the end Vince caved into Roman as well as others pleas to follow protocols and taking this Pandemic more seriously to where WWE has some of the most rigorous Protocols to after from testing to who was allowed in the building especially at NXTtapings after several break outs there. 

Either way for now it looks legit that Roman is taking a break and when he comes back will be on a Brock Lesnar type schedule. Unconfirmed rumors that Mania 39 Hollywood would still have Rock vs Roman for one of the titles though. There's also no confirmation what will happen with the rest Of The Bloodline with Roman's absence or if WWE plans to put Naomi and bring up Solo Sikoa AKA Joseph Fatu The USO's brother while Roman is gone. Jey Uso in a Recent interview talked about both possible joining. 

Apparently Shasha Banks is pulling her yearly temper tantrum again. She didn't like how her match was laid out yesterday so she walked out of the taping and Naomi went with her. I have to think that Vince is going to tire of this act sooner or later, but he hasn't yet, so who knows.....

Apparently Shasha Banks is pulling her yearly temper tantrum again. She didn't like how her match was laid out yesterday so she walked out of the taping and Naomi went with her. I have to think that Vince is going to tire of this act sooner or later, but he hasn't yet, so who knows.....

Yep Naomi was suppose to win the #1 contenders 6 PK challenge. There's rumors that Sasha wanted to make the tag Division stronger for the women and not the first times she's pulled it with the tag titles. They apparently relenquished the titles as well and Sasha has major heat on her. I like Sasha but things like this make me not a fan of her's. There's a difference to what she did and what Punk did. Punk had the grapefruits to walk away completely Sasha is just throwing temper tantrums at anything she doesn't like and has been known to be difficult to work with 

I think this is a work to be honest. Everyone knows Sasha's past with things like this, but this does two things. One, got people talking about a random RAW. Two, sets up Sasha as the "Stone Cold - against authority" character. They haven't done a good blurred lines between real and kayfabe in some time.

I think this is a work to be honest. Everyone knows Sasha's past with things like this, but this does two things. One, got people talking about a random RAW. Two, sets up Sasha as the "Stone Cold - against authority" character. They haven't done a good blurred lines between real and kayfabe in some time.

You seriously expect WWE creative to come up with something this good though? 

I ran across this.

It’s an ECW show in Queens. Dude boos the 10 bell salute for the death of Rick Rude. Bubba Ray goes OFF. This clip is very NSFW due to your typical New Yorkers’ vocabulary. 

DJackson10 said:
I also ran into Toni Storm @Bogart she was incognito but I recognized that ### of hers from ANywhere. She was awesome and there to support her Husband Juice. Sweatest thing ever and I absolutely loved her Aussie Accent. She was really happy to hear about another Motley Crue fan. Only talked for a few minutes but it was great. 
Pics or GTFO. 

Per her twitter Stephanie McMahon is stepping away from WWE for a bit to deal with personal and family stuff. No details on how long or what but she said she will be back in the future.Only people who knew about this were her close inner circle and most WWE employees found out at the same time. No word if this involves something with Paul Levasque her Husband and health issues or something else. Most are still trying to finger our what the hell is going on and if it'll be business as usual after tomorrow when she leaves for her absence. 

Per her twitter Stephanie McMahon is stepping away from WWE for a bit to deal with personal and family stuff. No details on how long or what but she said she will be back in the future.Only people who knew about this were her close inner circle and most WWE employees found out at the same time. No word if this involves something with Paul Levasque her Husband and health issues or something else. Most are still trying to finger our what the hell is going on and if it'll be business as usual after tomorrow when she leaves for her absence. 

:o

Adding to this reports say that Hunter is back working full time. Steph took over most of his tasks. According to dirt sheets and PWinsider what is being reported for Steph's leave of absence is not totally true. She will be back in her position when she comes however Nick Khan is taking over for her and all her people will report to him. Steph is the only original McMahon besides Vince on the WWE BOD that still works with the company fulll time 

Elias's younger brother Ezekiel and Max Dupri (aka LA Knight aka Eli Drake) are gold. The definition of turning chicken shlt into chicken salad.

Per the Wrestling observer Sasha and Naomi won't be fired because WWE doesn't want either one going into AEW. It was also said had this been another time Flair screwing up the title exchange on Smackdown would've been a fireable offense. WWE doesn't want to hand anyone a free pass to get out. I heard about this over a year ago as WWE wanted to be more selective on firings for things. At this rate you have to do something pretty terrible for WWE to fire you at the point no other company would hire you. 

Theres.also immense pressure on Vince do to Naomi being part of the Anoa'i family through marriage. Vince already had to deal with the family pissed off at him on how the company initially handled the Pandemic with Roman being immune compromised and things settled down after all of that. 

Meltzer Moxley most likely one of the several wrestlers/personalities in AEW who has renewed contract with company along with JR

3 yrs since the first double or nothing PPV and several wrestlers contracts are about to run out. JR announced a new deal and it was mentioned several others resigned or extended theirs. Meltzer Reported he believe Jon Moxley is one of them. I was at a private CZW event this past weekend as a guest for a friend who knows DJ Hyde and others well. It was just a celebration to kick off a new beginning for CZW starting in Blackwood NJ this past Sunday which I wasn't able to attend do to other obligations that day. Anyway several people there know Jon personally or knew people in his circle from his CZW days. A few mentioned that Moxley they believe from what they had heard did resign with AEW. 

Mox loves the schedule and gets to spend a lot more time with his wife. He also can do Indie shows like GCW again and has enjoyed what time he had spent up till the pandemic of traveling and competing in NJPW. He also enjoys the creative freedom he's handed and AEW has allowed him to work again with long time friend Eddie Kingston. Mox has wanted to work for Danielson as well for yrs given that William Regal mentored both at one time so it was only natural they'd team together. WWE never liked the idea from people I talked to because they were afraid the team might become even more popular then the Daniel Bryan yes movement and cause issues with wrestlers they wanted to push. 

Moxley also has a good relationship with Tony Khan and along with working with Danielson and Kingston Mox has been able to share time and out of the ring with people close to him. AEW was also key in helping Moxley with his personal issues from day 1. Mox entered rehab on his own for what it's worth and AEW was very receptive of that. All of this has helped him reach the levels of creativity he had during the Indies before WWE tried to turn him into a robotic character. 

Even if the rumors of his signing aren't true right now I was told there should be no issues or hold ups in resigning him. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
#### I can't stand that #####. 🤣 I don't watch their shows but hopefully someone finally told her she's not the show!!!

Lasted 10 seconds of just listening to her :lmao:
The one that killed me was the one where the ladies were squaring up and pretty much nose to nose and she gets between them and does some mean mugging.  :lmao:  Honey, Tommy Young you are not.

The one that killed me was the one where the ladies were squaring up and pretty much nose to nose and she gets between them and does some mean mugging.  :lmao:  Honey, Tommy Young you are not.

I liked her in the beginning but she seems to act like she is the program at times now. She only got famous as she was the girl crying in Danielson's WWE retirement speech and the fact wrestling fans male wise lust over the female refs. Also there aren't many of them. WWE fans are no different with JessiKa Carr

New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Will Ospreay believes that based on Vince McMahon’s own definitions, his WWE Superstars are actually actors more than wrestlers.

When speaking to the “WRESTHINGS podcast,” Ospreay discussed whether a move to WWE is in his future at some point. The former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion has had offers to sign with the company in the past, to be involved in the Cruiserweight Classic and WWE “NXT UK,” but neither of those ended up working out.

“I’ll be honest and say it right now, I have no aspirations of going to WWE at all and it’s not because of the product or anything along those lines. I mean, I am not a fan of it, I will happily say … I never wanted to be the big style pro wrestler,” he stated. “Japan allows me to do a tour and then come home and live my family life, if anybody has ever spent more than a couple of days with me, family to me is everything.”

Ospreay has never actually met Vince McMahon, but he claims that the WWE Chairman says,  ‘I don’t own a wrestling company, I own an entertainment company.’ This goes in line with the idea that WWE focuses more on sports entertainment, with words such as ‘wrestler’ often not being said on their programming.

“You guys aren’t wrestlers, you’re actors and you just do wrestling and I don’t think that’s a dig. You guys make way more money than me like, good on you,” Ospreay said. “But I just feel like when I say proudly, ‘That’s a wrestler. I am a wrestler, I am not an actor,’ but I know you guys can wrestle, you’re just not really allowed to show it, I guess … But other than you want to make a lot of money and retire, that’s what WWE is kind of for these days.”

I don't see what's wrong with how he commented on this. Its true NJPW and the country promote wrestling over there like a legit sport and all the talent to show case their skills. Vince has a mindset that WWE stars are just independent actors and it's more so because of legal stuff to not pay them healthcare among other aspects. Wrestling culture is treated differently here and Vince sees his people as paid actors. After the PED scandal in the company they were very clear on calling WWE different terms do to legal issues involved. 

Osprey says he's respects the talent and essentially felt sorry many couldn't show off their skills he knows are there because of how Vince wants his program to go. He's literally just stating in a better way then most the difference of WWE and say NJPW or AEW. The beginning of NXT the actual wrestling show was made similar to Indies/NJPW which is why it had a popular niche of fans. He also mentions those content with staying in WWE more is by choice don't care about wrestling as much anymore. Just want to make the money and then retire

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING: MJF no shows meet and greet yesterday. Rumors that he had booked a flight out of LV are out there. 
Since @DJackson10is blocked by his hero SRS, here’s a link to the story. 

Apparently MJF is in Vegas was seen at the Casino and hasn't left LV as of yet. If this is a work this amazing. 

and yeah screw SRS. He unblocked awhile back me just to cry about about me and one other guy complaining about his lack of professionalism. One of his little kiss assers reported us to him again. Don't think I ever met or heard from some more hypocritical and unprofessional then this guy. The crazy thing is he blocked me not because of some personal attack on him or hist family but over me telling him one of his writers might want to check their source again on a Becky Lynch rumor. Crazy thing about it is even Becky Retweeted their story calling it bull#### and it end up being the story was never true. 

My other issue with him is he claims he doesn't want to be part of the show AKA a wrestler yet his actions speak louder most times Also if you're a talent who and don't become his friend he will do anything to make you look bad. Some how he also gained access to the first DoN PPV after party when he wasn't invited. TK only asked him to stay because he knew this guy would ##### and complain on twitter and write negative stuff on the company if he didn't. so he didn't want the negative PR. The party btw was only for AEW staff and their families and close associates of AEW with their sponsors. 

Tom Servo said:
BREAKING: MJF no shows meet and greet yesterday. Rumors that he had booked a flight out of LV are out there. 
Since @DJackson10is blocked by his hero SRS, here’s a link to the story. 

Best heel ever He's here. Folks this is what you call playing your character. First match and MJF is here. 

Users who are viewing this thread