What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brother is a serial Killer (1 Viewer)

Was thinking about this all day at work...do you think your brother just broke into the apartment of Stephanie Bennett to "do his thing" and she happened to walk in on him, and he killed her when she panicked? The DNA stuff could have happened after... I dunno.
He had been watching her. He knew she was alone the night he murdered her. It was noted that it all happened in her bedroom, and they believe she was sleeping when he attacked her. There was no sign of struggle, and she was bound, gagged, and strangled. She was sexually assaulted anally, ######lly, and orally. She was found on her back nude with her legs spread apart, and panties in her mouth which were used to gag her. He deliberately went to her apartment with bad intentions.

Did they ever determine what it was that was motivating him?The box of serial killer stuff must have been super creepy.I do think that it's fairly common in serial killer profiles that they have a very large sense of entitlement.
People are driven to be selfish, but they are conflicted by two different goals:1. What is best for me in the short-term.2. What is best for me in the long-term.I've also noticed that a common sign of people with mental problems is that their wiring is screwed up when it comes to these goals. They do things for short-term selfish reasons that hurt them in the long-term. A big sense of entitlement would be an example.

Never thought I would ever read this thread title on Footballguys. Wow.
I always thought we'd find out that a board regular was a serial killer. I'm going to type "FENSALK" right here so he can find it when he searches his own name.
You know, if anyone here has a mental disorder, its probably you. You are a very smart guy but seem uncontrollably driven to bully other people relentlessly on this forum. http://cherished79.wordpress.com/2007/08/09/bullying-tied-to-mental-health-problems-later/

Overall, the study authors found, boys who habitually bullied were more likely than their peers to be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder as young men. People with this disorder have a disregard for the law and the rights of other people, and are often aggressive or violent.

That's YOU. You come off as a guy with serious, deep-seeded mental problems and an inferiority complex. Your coping mechanism is to find people to make fun of to make yourself feel better. You do this multiple times a day on the forum. Maybe you should try taking some medication. Or see a shrink.

There also seems to be zero empathy in your heart. Someone starts a thread about a personal tragedy, and your reflex action is to crack jokes and bully people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking about this all day at work...do you think your brother just broke into the apartment of Stephanie Bennett to "do his thing" and she happened to walk in on him, and he killed her when she panicked? The DNA stuff could have happened after... I dunno.
He had been watching her. He knew she was alone the night he murdered her. It was noted that it all happened in her bedroom, and they believe she was sleeping when he attacked her. There was no sign of struggle, and she was bound, gagged, and strangled. She was sexually assaulted anally, ######lly, and orally. She was found on her back nude with her legs spread apart, and panties in her mouth which were used to gag her. He deliberately went to her apartment with bad intentions.
OH! :jawdrop: I didn't know all those facts.

I always thought we'd find out that a board regular was a serial killer. I'm going to type "FENSALK" right here so he can find it when he searches his own name.
You know, if anyone here has a mental disorder, its probably you. You are a very smart guy but seem uncontrollably driven to bully other people relentlessly on this forum. http://cherished79.wordpress.com/2007/08/09/bullying-tied-to-mental-health-problems-later/

Overall, the study authors found, boys who habitually bullied were more likely than their peers to be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder as young men. People with this disorder have a disregard for the law and the rights of other people, and are often aggressive or violent.

That's YOU. You come off as a guy with serious, deep-seeded mental problems and an inferiority complex. Your coping mechanism is to find people to make fun of to make yourself feel better. You do this multiple times a day on the forum. Maybe you should try taking some medication. Or see a shrink.

There also seems to be zero empathy in your heart. Someone starts a thread about a personal tragedy, and your reflex action is to crack jokes and bully people.
We are talking about Llllllama here, right? The guy consistently brings the funny

This thread just keeps getting better and better...in a really odd way!

Again, Thanks to the OP for the time and honesty in posting.

I am in psychiatry, and there are a lot of red flags here about your brother...it really is scary....he was on the path well before anyone noticed!

I would bet that he did injure or kill animals at a young age. The the natural progression is to start peeping, and then breakins, collecting trophies. The only place to progress from there, is to rape, then murder.

I stated before, that he sounded narcissistic, and a sociopath, which I feel more strongly about. When you add in his lack of socialization, lack or girlfriends or meaningful relationships, all things point to an anti-social personality disorder, with deviant traits. So, when someone said that maybe he was wired wrong...this doesnt fall far from the truth.

Scary stuff!

Again....thank you for your openness!

Parm

Lllama, sorry about your inferiority complex and violent tendencies.

'proninja said:
Oh good, beej is here
We'd have the trifecta iIf only someone with a real psychology degree would weigh in... from an esteemed university in southern Florida, perhaps.

Wow Parm--this must be like a textbook for you. It is chilling. Simey, I think I remember hearing that at the time and really was happy to forget. :(

'Henry Ford said:
Something I wonder - do you feel like you'd recognize this in other people? With the benefit of hindsight and the experience of knowing/living with your brother and with the amount of time and energy you've obviously spent trying to come to grips with this, is it your opinion that if you spent a substantial amount of time with a serial killer you'd just "know" he/she is that kind of person at this point?

I ask because I'd imagine it's pretty tough to trust people these days. I wonder how you've dealt with that issue.
I do know I have a friend that has a nephew that even pictures of the kid raise hairs on the back of my neck. I get a bad feeling about that kid. I stay away from him.

It's kinda hypocritical of me, but I rather be wrong and alive than dead and right. Maybe I should give him candy all the time, so if he goes on a shooting spree when he's older, he'll see me and be like :thumbup: "Thanks for the candy." and pass me by.
:shock: I don't know where to start with my questions, T&P for you and your loved ones.

I would love to hear any more of your thoughts on what makes the hair on your neck stand up with this kid, or other people you come across.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Did they ever determine what it was that was motivating him?

The box of serial killer stuff must have been super creepy.

I do think that it's fairly common in serial killer profiles that they have a very large sense of entitlement.
People are driven to be selfish, but they are conflicted by two different goals:1. What is best for me in the short-term.

2. What is best for me in the long-term.

I've also noticed that a common sign of people with mental problems is that their wiring is screwed up when it comes to these goals. They do things for short-term selfish reasons that hurt them in the long-term. A big sense of entitlement would be an example.
Again?

We are talking about Llllllama here, right? The guy consistently brings the funny
Link?

Link?
start here

Did they ever determine what it was that was motivating him?

The box of serial killer stuff must have been super creepy.

I do think that it's fairly common in serial killer profiles that they have a very large sense of entitlement.
People are driven to be selfish, but they are conflicted by two different goals:1. What is best for me in the short-term.

2. What is best for me in the long-term.

I've also noticed that a common sign of people with mental problems is that their wiring is screwed up when it comes to these goals. They do things for short-term selfish reasons that hurt them in the long-term. A big sense of entitlement would be an example.
Again?
:lmao:

One bit I have questions on.

How did Drew have mail addressed to Rebecca Huismann? Is it mail he had intended to send her (which would've indicated she wasn't random, but an obsession)? Or was it mail that he stole from her mailbox or, even scarier to think about, from inside her home?

Seeing how she was sitting in her car, still buckled in, positioned towards getting out....you can actually "see" her final seconds. Truly bone chilling.

Big time kudos to the detective that took over and solved this case as he seems like the only competent law enforcement officer in this whole story. From what is said in the episode, they found evidence that suggested Drew was likely targeting a new victim. Seems as if he saved at least one life.

Again, thanks for sharing this netnalp. Seriously fascinating stuff.

Curious Netnalp...

How long did you think about posting all this in here before you actually wrote it?

How long did it take you to hit the "Post" button after you wrote it all?

Have you posted about this on any other message boards?

Fascinating and sad stuff.

Link?
start here
sorry, your link is broken

Was thinking about this all day at work...do you think your brother just broke into the apartment of Stephanie Bennett to "do his thing" and she happened to walk in on him, and he killed her when she panicked? The DNA stuff could have happened after... I dunno. I appreciate you sharing this with us, and I hope that you and your mother keep leading productive lives. T&P
The police believe he entered her apartment when she wasn't home through a window that had a broken lock that entered into the roommate's bedroom. The defense attorney Kirk Osborn said that window was really exposed and he didn't think someone would enter that way. Drew had lock picking tools, but I've never heard mention suggesting he picked the door lock or that there was evidence that he didn't pick the lock. Would lock picks leave tool marks within the lock? Perhaps the means of entry wasn't a major concern. I could be he picked the lock and did things to make the entry look like it was from the window.Items were removed from the window sill, and were placed with a phone from the night stand in the closest. Cracker crumbs were found in that closet. It is believed Drew hid in that closet waiting for Stephanie to come home and go to sleep. The defense attorney said the small speck of semen that produced DNA was found near the ######l area. The prosecutor claimed there was DNA all over the body. I'm not certain who is right. Probably leaning towards the prosecutor's claim. It is believed that when she fell asleep Drew held her down and bound her hands and gagged her. I know he bought hand cuffs way back when we were kids. He may have used those. He moved her to the roommate's bedroom. I don't think he was capable of carrying her. He was 6 ft about 150 lbs, never worked out. Though the Detective said Drew had the hardest handshake he'd ever felt. So perhaps he could have moved her. Her feet were also bound. And he sexually assaulted her there. That term, sexually assaulted, it doesn't convey what happened, it's like it sanitizes what Drew did. Stephanie was horribly tortured over course of what must have been 3-6 hours. From the way Kirk Osborn described the crime scene photos, it was a nightmare, just astoundingly heinous.

I don't know why she believes this. She just says she thinks he's still alive and just talks about the odd things about the "accident", doesn't add anything new. She's old but seems pretty sharp. At 106 she's on facebook and email. I don't know if it's a case where with my Grandfather gone she feels free to discuss her conspiracy theories or that with him gone she can reveal secrets she actually knows about.
Why would the friend get the keys and article mailed to him? That sounds awfully curious...
That's one of the things that my Grandmother points to that she thinks he faked his death. It does seem odd that what is said to be an "accident" could have been prevented by following the advice from the article, my dad had sent Morasco. Even stranger, was Don Morasco did not own a wood burning stove. My dad's wood burning stove is supposedly the cause of his own death.
Yea, why would your Dad send that stuff? It seems to me the possibilities are that your Dad committed suicide, he knew someone was going to kill him like that (that does not make much sense to me) or that he indeed faked his death for whatever reason and made a deal with this Don guy to get his stuff after the fake death. Is there any chance that Don actually killed him? The motive being the stuff he tried to get after and actually did end up getting half of it.
Yeah, based on what was in the envelope it seems really evident to me that dad killed himself.As to your grandmother's notion that he faked his death: didn't you say that the body wasn't that badly burnt and they were able to identify him? Who did the ID?
I believe it was the land lord, Sonny Porter. Sounds like suicide to me, but the fire marshal insisted it couldn't have been. Perhaps the fire marshal put it as a favor so that any life insurance would pay out?

Something I wonder - do you feel like you'd recognize this in other people? With the benefit of hindsight and the experience of knowing/living with your brother and with the amount of time and energy you've obviously spent trying to come to grips with this, is it your opinion that if you spent a substantial amount of time with a serial killer you'd just "know" he/she is that kind of person at this point?

I ask because I'd imagine it's pretty tough to trust people these days. I wonder how you've dealt with that issue.
I do know I have a friend that has a nephew that even pictures of the kid raise hairs on the back of my neck. I get a bad feeling about that kid. I stay away from him.

It's kinda hypocritical of me, but I rather be wrong and alive than dead and right. Maybe I should give him candy all the time, so if he goes on a shooting spree when he's older, he'll see me and be like :thumbup: "Thanks for the candy." and pass me by.
:shock: I don't know where to start with my questions, T&P for you and your loved ones.

I would love to hear any more of your thoughts on what makes the hair on your neck stand up with this kid, or other people you come across.
Very quiet. When he is vocal it's loud and angry. Acts spoiled and demanding.Looking at his pictures, his smile seems forced. Even the fake smile people put up for family photos, there is some uniformity between with the mouth and the eyes "smile". For this kid, the mouth is awkward, like he's consciously trying to move each of the corners of his mouth to where he thinks they should be, while also struggling to keep the the bottom of the lip down. In trying I found it's really hard to get a natural smile while focusing on those three points of the mouth, compared to just letting the smile come naturally. The eyes don't "smile" they are almost expressionless, what expression is there doesn't seem happy. It's even more profound when it's in a family photo, when you have the way the rest of the family smiles to compare to his.

As far as the other investigations I'm not sure what will happen. The police claim they are actively looking at cold cases, but I'm not so sure. My mother and I had gone to collect belongings released by the North Carolina police. There was an XBox in it's original box. Mine had died so I took it home. However, when I opened the video game box it was filled with mail addressed to Rebecca Huismann, some notes in female hand writing, a used menstrual pad, photos taken of women, photos of the license plates on cars and several newspaper clippings of people's wedding announcements. I took it all to the Lansing Michigan Police and they acted like I was handing them a dirty diaper. Not the enthusiasm for the possibility for new leads that I'd have thought.
Well, they'd just been presented with evidence that they probably can't use because the chain of custody has been broken. I imagine they were a bit pissed at the NC police.
since his brother is the only one with standing to challenge the COC I'd say they are fine there.. But bang up job by the NC police really.

One bit I have questions on. How did Drew have mail addressed to Rebecca Huismann? Is it mail he had intended to send her (which would've indicated she wasn't random, but an obsession)? Or was it mail that he stole from her mailbox or, even scarier to think about, from inside her home?Seeing how she was sitting in her car, still buckled in, positioned towards getting out....you can actually "see" her final seconds. Truly bone chilling.Big time kudos to the detective that took over and solved this case as he seems like the only competent law enforcement officer in this whole story. From what is said in the episode, they found evidence that suggested Drew was likely targeting a new victim. Seems as if he saved at least one life.Again, thanks for sharing this netnalp. Seriously fascinating stuff.
The mail was stuff like cards and bills. Some weren't opened so it could have been from her trash, mailbox or even her home.All accounts I've read say that the people at the strip club didn't recognize Drew as being a customer. I don't know how reliable that is though. I could see the owners not wanting to say they recognized him as a customer because it might scare off customers and dancers.I forget the source, but supposedly Rebecca said to a friend of hers that one of her regulars was getting a little to attached and was making her feel uncomfortable. Maybe that was Drew. Or it could be he followed strippers as they left work or that he came across her when she was attending college classes and began stalking her then.

Curious Netnalp...How long did you think about posting all this in here before you actually wrote it?How long did it take you to hit the "Post" button after you wrote it all?Have you posted about this on any other message boards?Fascinating and sad stuff.
First time posting it on a message board. I had thought about replying a few years ago on some message boards on crime sites where people were discussing the case. I decided not to, because the motive then was to defend my mother from people making posts that blamed her, saying she must have been a bad parent. When my brother was arrested and while those events were unfolding, the only place on the internet I discussed this with was people I'd become "internet friends" with from having played Everquest and other online games with.Why here? FBGs is the only forum I really comment in. So probably comfort with the site. It's neutral ground and the mods are good at not letting things get out of hand.

As far as the other investigations I'm not sure what will happen. The police claim they are actively looking at cold cases, but I'm not so sure. My mother and I had gone to collect belongings released by the North Carolina police. There was an XBox in it's original box. Mine had died so I took it home. However, when I opened the video game box it was filled with mail addressed to Rebecca Huismann, some notes in female hand writing, a used menstrual pad, photos taken of women, photos of the license plates on cars and several newspaper clippings of people's wedding announcements. I took it all to the Lansing Michigan Police and they acted like I was handing them a dirty diaper. Not the enthusiasm for the possibility for new leads that I'd have thought.
Well, they'd just been presented with evidence that they probably can't use because the chain of custody has been broken. I imagine they were a bit pissed at the NC police.
since his brother is the only one with standing to challenge the COC I'd say they are fine there.. But bang up job by the NC police really.
At the very least it may have had new leads.

Bob Jones University.... the pure horror stories I have heard about that place and the disturbing behavior of people while there and after.

Being that that school is suppose to be a Christian school and your mother grew up around faith, how has her faith been affected? What are your own views on faith and God? Have they been changed in any way due to all of this?
I found it interesting that his father was a minister and the mother didn't want to leave even with the abuse because of religion. An article I read said that the brother convicted of peeping had joining a religious cult prior to the peeping incident. After reading what he wrote about his father's family this quote really creeped me out:

There she met Robert Planten, whose family was "a pillar of the church," she said.
Stuff like that is why I have absolutely no interest in religion.
If the church is anything like Bob Jones U then it makes perfect sense to me. All I can say is that church does not always mean church. (I think that statement may only make sense to Christians)
I know a few people that went to Bob Jones that are perfectly fine. Of course most of them got kicked out. One got expelled for the grievous offense of attending an R rated movie, after they were reported by a member of the school's brainwashed, East German-like student spy ring. That place is basically run like a totalitarian country wrapped in a cult. The irony is that Bob Jones views Catholicism as a cult. Go figure. I have no idea why anyone would want to enroll there unless it was to research what life may have been like in Salem circa 1692. Back to the topic at hand and a question for the OP netnalp. Did your brother ever show any kindness to you growing up? Did he ever apologize or express remorse for doing something wrong?

Oh I think it will lead to new leads. especially with cold cases (ie some of the wedding announcements/mail match a missing person etc). I was disagreeing with scooby that the evidence was spoiled (though you may have inadvertently destroyed prints with your own etc) as it's not like they need to determine the who here. That part is easy, and no course will ever have to toss the evidence for chain of custody since your bro is no longer around to complain.I'm a little curious how you view the prison vis a vis the suicide. I've never understood why suicide wasn't legal in prison. Especially with guys who are 'lifers' etc. I don't think anyone's interest is served by your brother being alive frankly. He obviously didn't want to be. The system would have spent millions of dollars on his prosecution/incarceration, especially if he ultimately got the death penalty which sounds like it would have been fairly likely. Even the victims families who claim they want 'closure'. Seeking closure through a multi-year process of convictions and appeals rarely brings in. It frankly is better for all parties involved to move on with their lives. The only possible exception might be other unknown victims and the investigations for those families. But truth be told it is probably better for them to 'wonder' rather than find out and go through the hell that is trudging through the decades of the legal system/process for the victims families. I understand why the psychiatrist has to feel differently, but I think if true those guards did everyone a big favor and saved the taxpayers and victims in this case from a lot of pain and expense.

Oh I think it will lead to new leads. especially with cold cases (ie some of the wedding announcements/mail match a missing person etc). I was disagreeing with scooby that the evidence was spoiled (though you may have inadvertently destroyed prints with your own etc) as it's not like they need to determine the who here. That part is easy, and no course will ever have to toss the evidence for chain of custody since your bro is no longer around to complain.I'm a little curious how you view the prison vis a vis the suicide. I've never understood why suicide wasn't legal in prison. Especially with guys who are 'lifers' etc. I don't think anyone's interest is served by your brother being alive frankly. He obviously didn't want to be. The system would have spent millions of dollars on his prosecution/incarceration, especially if he ultimately got the death penalty which sounds like it would have been fairly likely. Even the victims families who claim they want 'closure'. Seeking closure through a multi-year process of convictions and appeals rarely brings in. It frankly is better for all parties involved to move on with their lives. The only possible exception might be other unknown victims and the investigations for those families. But truth be told it is probably better for them to 'wonder' rather than find out and go through the hell that is trudging through the decades of the legal system/process for the victims families. I understand why the psychiatrist has to feel differently, but I think if true those guards did everyone a big favor and saved the taxpayers and victims in this case from a lot of pain and expense.
I don't think it is ever better for a family "to wonder" what happened to their loved one. I think they need to know so they can move on with their lives. I also don't think suicide should be legal in prison. Someone such as Drew does not deserve the option of going out on their own terms.

Was thinking about this all day at work...do you think your brother just broke into the apartment of Stephanie Bennett to "do his thing" and she happened to walk in on him, and he killed her when she panicked? The DNA stuff could have happened after... I dunno. I appreciate you sharing this with us, and I hope that you and your mother keep leading productive lives. T&P
The police believe he entered her apartment when she wasn't home through a window that had a broken lock that entered into the roommate's bedroom. The defense attorney Kirk Osborn said that window was really exposed and he didn't think someone would enter that way. Drew had lock picking tools, but I've never heard mention suggesting he picked the door lock or that there was evidence that he didn't pick the lock. Would lock picks leave tool marks within the lock? Perhaps the means of entry wasn't a major concern. I could be he picked the lock and did things to make the entry look like it was from the window.Items were removed from the window sill, and were placed with a phone from the night stand in the closest. Cracker crumbs were found in that closet. It is believed Drew hid in that closet waiting for Stephanie to come home and go to sleep. The defense attorney said the small speck of semen that produced DNA was found near the ######l area. The prosecutor claimed there was DNA all over the body. I'm not certain who is right. Probably leaning towards the prosecutor's claim. It is believed that when she fell asleep Drew held her down and bound her hands and gagged her. I know he bought hand cuffs way back when we were kids. He may have used those. He moved her to the roommate's bedroom. I don't think he was capable of carrying her. He was 6 ft about 150 lbs, never worked out. Though the Detective said Drew had the hardest handshake he'd ever felt. So perhaps he could have moved her. Her feet were also bound. And he sexually assaulted her there. That term, sexually assaulted, it doesn't convey what happened, it's like it sanitizes what Drew did. Stephanie was horribly tortured over course of what must have been 3-6 hours. From the way Kirk Osborn described the crime scene photos, it was a nightmare, just astoundingly heinous.
If it truly was a 3-6 hour event, then I'd tend toward the prosecutor's side that there would be DNA everywhere--not just semen, but sweat, saliva, etc.

Based solely on the news article you linked, I didn't understand the thread title, but after you shared additional background info a couple things stood out, making it understandable why you might suspect a "serial" killer.The X-box carton full of potential mementos/keepsakes from victims is pretty damn creepy and I've read that it's also common amongst serial killers. Iirc they keep such tokens to help them fantisize and relive their crimes. I'm really glad to hear that you did what you could and turned it all over to the authorities. IMO you deserve credit for doing that, and I sincerely hope a detective in Lansing will follow up on or at least explore this potential evidence.The other thing that that stood out to me was how your bro seemed to lack empathy for both you and your mom based on your recollections of his treatment of you growing up and his lack of concern for the sacrifices your mom made(possible early hints of psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies?). A single mother of four needs plenty of understanding from the rest of the family when it comes to finances. Glad to hear that you were more concerned about her financial burden than on getting the best HS class ring that money could buy.Thanks for sharing netnalp, I'm truly sorry for what you're family has gone through, especially your mom.
Also in my brother's things was a key to a Mustang II of my brother's that was in my mom's garage. She opened the trunk and there was a bloody futon mattress. I didn't see it, but mom said the blood stain was about the size of a manhole cover and thick and scabby. She called the police and they never showed up. So after 3 months she threw it away.
Un####ing real. You should alert the local press of the ####ty job the NC cops are doing. That is unfathomable.

I don't know. The shoddy police work is inexcusable and I hope there aren't any unsolved murders out there.. :unsure:
the police in raleigh found a list of women's names, and directions to women's houses in drew's apartment. to the OP, what became of drew's dog?
The dog Vane, came home to Michigan and lived with my mother. The day Drew died, the dog began to show signs of being ill. He stopped eating and after a couple of days I came over and noticed a foul odor. Apparently the dog had advanced leukemia and developed a blood clot that blocked off blood flow to the tongue. The tongue rotting was what caused the odor. He was about 13 years old, so he was put down. He probably wouldn't have survived the chemotherapy."the police in raleigh found a list of women's names, and directions to women's houses in drew's apartment."What's really creepy is there was a girl that lived two floors above Drew that would leave her door unlocked while she walked her dog. According to the police, Drew must have snuck into her apartment and found the video tape buried in a trunk of hers, made a copy and at a later time put the original video tape back. Because she still had it after my brother was arrested.
Was this a sex tape I'm guessing? Was she one of the victims?

Based solely on the news article you linked, I didn't understand the thread title, but after you shared additional background info a couple things stood out, making it understandable why you might suspect a "serial" killer.The X-box carton full of potential mementos/keepsakes from victims is pretty damn creepy and I've read that it's also common amongst serial killers. Iirc they keep such tokens to help them fantisize and relive their crimes. I'm really glad to hear that you did what you could and turned it all over to the authorities. IMO you deserve credit for doing that, and I sincerely hope a detective in Lansing will follow up on or at least explore this potential evidence.The other thing that that stood out to me was how your bro seemed to lack empathy for both you and your mom based on your recollections of his treatment of you growing up and his lack of concern for the sacrifices your mom made(possible early hints of psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies?). A single mother of four needs plenty of understanding from the rest of the family when it comes to finances. Glad to hear that you were more concerned about her financial burden than on getting the best HS class ring that money could buy.Thanks for sharing netnalp, I'm truly sorry for what you're family has gone through, especially your mom.
Also in my brother's things was a key to a Mustang II of my brother's that was in my mom's garage. She opened the trunk and there was a bloody futon mattress. I didn't see it, but mom said the blood stain was about the size of a manhole cover and thick and scabby. She called the police and they never showed up. So after 3 months she threw it away.
Un####ing real. You should alert the local press of the ####ty job the NC cops are doing. That is unfathomable.
The car was not in a garage in NC. His mother lives in Michigan, and the car was in her garage. He murdered a girl in Michigan too. You would think the Michigan police would be all over this mattress find.

Ok, since I've caught up on most of the questions. I'll go into the strange circumstances of my father's death.

First off, it was investigated and it isn't possible that Drew killed my father. I'm not saying he wouldn't have wanted to, the time to go from Michigan to Cheyenne, Wyoming makes it impossible. As kids Drew did talk about maybe putting poison mushrooms on dad's pizza. The most creative idea Drew thought of was to get dad to ingest the sap from milkweed plants that grew in the yard. Apparently Drew was onto something, according to wiki:

"Milkweed also contains cardiac glycoside poisons which inhibit animal cells from maintaining a proper K+, Ca+ concentration gradient.[citation needed] As a result many natives of South America and Africa used arrows poisoned with these glycosides to fight and hunt more effectively. Milkweed is toxic and may cause death when animals consume 10% of their body weight in any part of the plant."

Can't imagine he'd have been able to get dad to eat 18-20 lbs of the stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway back to the actual death of my father. He died through C02 asphyxiation from a clogged wood burning stove pipe. This also started a fire. The body charred body was removed before being completely consumed. The remains were identified by the landlord. The Fire Marshal assured me that it was an accidental death and there was no way someone could have intentionally started the fire and that the body wasn't damaged to the point that it wasn't identifiable.

Three days after my father's death I get a call from a man that claimed to be an old college friend of my dad's named Don Morasco. Morasco told me that he had received in the mail an envelope from my father that contained the keys to a car, a key to a storage locker and an article on how to clean the exhaust pipe of a wood burning stove to prevent a fire and the accumulation of CO2. (I called the Fire Marshal about this and I #### you not, he still insisted it was an accident).

Morasco said my dad had owed the landlord back rent. So the landlord was starting a lawsuit to claim my dad's possessions to pay the debt. Morasco said he wanted to collect the possessions and give them to my brothers and I. But to do so, he needed us to sign a legal document releasing our rights to the property and giving him permission to claim them.

The storage locker and the car were filled with all of my dad's possessions. And he had just paid on the renter's insurance on the place so he wasn't planning to move. Morasco then secretly tries to files some legal paper work that would make him the heir to any insurance and pension money of my dad's. I think it was the friend of the court or someone like that, that gave us a heads up on the attempt to screw us over. Eventually a settlement was reached and Morasco got half of the possessions and money.

My dad's parent's wanted to take care of the funeral. So we arrive at the grave site. There's no casket, no urn, just a hole. A UPS man comes up to me and asks me to sign for the package he is carrying. It was a cardboard box containing my dad's ashes. My grandfather grabs it and drops it into the hole. then the Pastor started the ceremony. It was so ridiculous I found it funny. It was like they were burying their mail.

About a decade later my Grandfather dies, and once he was gone my Grandmother has started saying that she believes my father is still alive.
This sounds odd. Almost sounds like this Morasco guy might have killed him, and was offering suicide as a motive to cover his ###. Was there anything unique or valuable in your dads estate? Something doesn't smell right here.

Ok, since I've caught up on most of the questions. I'll go into the strange circumstances of my father's death.

First off, it was investigated and it isn't possible that Drew killed my father. I'm not saying he wouldn't have wanted to, the time to go from Michigan to Cheyenne, Wyoming makes it impossible. As kids Drew did talk about maybe putting poison mushrooms on dad's pizza. The most creative idea Drew thought of was to get dad to ingest the sap from milkweed plants that grew in the yard. Apparently Drew was onto something, according to wiki:

"Milkweed also contains cardiac glycoside poisons which inhibit animal cells from maintaining a proper K+, Ca+ concentration gradient.[citation needed] As a result many natives of South America and Africa used arrows poisoned with these glycosides to fight and hunt more effectively. Milkweed is toxic and may cause death when animals consume 10% of their body weight in any part of the plant."

Can't imagine he'd have been able to get dad to eat 18-20 lbs of the stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway back to the actual death of my father. He died through C02 asphyxiation from a clogged wood burning stove pipe. This also started a fire. The body charred body was removed before being completely consumed. The remains were identified by the landlord. The Fire Marshal assured me that it was an accidental death and there was no way someone could have intentionally started the fire and that the body wasn't damaged to the point that it wasn't identifiable.

Three days after my father's death I get a call from a man that claimed to be an old college friend of my dad's named Don Morasco. Morasco told me that he had received in the mail an envelope from my father that contained the keys to a car, a key to a storage locker and an article on how to clean the exhaust pipe of a wood burning stove to prevent a fire and the accumulation of CO2. (I called the Fire Marshal about this and I #### you not, he still insisted it was an accident).

Morasco said my dad had owed the landlord back rent. So the landlord was starting a lawsuit to claim my dad's possessions to pay the debt. Morasco said he wanted to collect the possessions and give them to my brothers and I. But to do so, he needed us to sign a legal document releasing our rights to the property and giving him permission to claim them.

The storage locker and the car were filled with all of my dad's possessions. And he had just paid on the renter's insurance on the place so he wasn't planning to move. Morasco then secretly tries to files some legal paper work that would make him the heir to any insurance and pension money of my dad's. I think it was the friend of the court or someone like that, that gave us a heads up on the attempt to screw us over. Eventually a settlement was reached and Morasco got half of the possessions and money.

My dad's parent's wanted to take care of the funeral. So we arrive at the grave site. There's no casket, no urn, just a hole. A UPS man comes up to me and asks me to sign for the package he is carrying. It was a cardboard box containing my dad's ashes. My grandfather grabs it and drops it into the hole. then the Pastor started the ceremony. It was so ridiculous I found it funny. It was like they were burying their mail.

About a decade later my Grandfather dies, and once he was gone my Grandmother has started saying that she believes my father is still alive.
Why does grandma believe this? Is she just old or is there evidence?
This actually makes a lot of sense in a weird way. Especially with the renters insurance being recently acquired. Was there life insurance too? Sounds like gramps might have just grown sick of his family/lot in life. Faked his death with the help of this Morasco guy and then gone off the grid somewhere to 'retire in seclusion/anonymity'.

'shadyridr said:
You know I think its really unfair that a bunch of posts were deleted where people agreed with my question. 5 people said they didnt wanna say anything but when someone else mentioned the whole pedophile angle they wanted to say they also thought the same thing. Heck I wasnt even the first one to mention it. Meanwhile, everyone's post agreeing with me was deleted and yet mine is still there for people to bump and call me a jerk. :confused:
Irony check? Just following a post discussing the narcissistic persecution complex displayed by netalp's brother? How is it possible that you can read this thread and a majority of your responses are attempts to call someone a pedophile, or somehow making this about how you are being victimized in this thread? It's especially uncalled for in light of his very open and frank discussion of why his fear being labeled as such of this affects his life on a daily basis.This is probably why Rudnicki told you to quit while you aren't so far behind in very polite terms.Essentially you are intentionally just being a ####, and it's not really the time or the place for it. As someone elduded to above, it sounds like you are are sadistically displacing your own anger/picking a fight. Maybe you should stop reading this thread, might take you to a darker place than you need to be at right now.

I see the death in prison in two different perspectives. In my brothers case, he was guilty and if he went to trial in NC, they were going for the death penalty. Looking at my brother specifically, then an eventual outcome was expedited by him taking his own life. I understand and am fine with that.The other perspective however, requires one to dispel judgments of guilt and examine the actions and procedures of the prison. When a person is in custody it is the responsibility of the prison or jail to keep that person from harm. Because my borther's guilt is so evident in hindsight it is easy to excuse or overlook the errors of the prison officials. The problem is the people at the prison charged with a person's safety decided for themselves, without the trial that is everyone's right, that he was guilty. What if they took the same actions with someone that was eventually found innocent? The defense attorney said that the guards would harass him and he had some wounds from being handled roughly. The warden was also looking to move him to general population rather than protective custody. On the one hand he deserved it but on the other he deserved a trial.

Users who are viewing this thread