What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

It's almost like Tedford is a RB with a knee injury... when's he coming back?

TB fans holding out hope he will right the offense's ship when he's back on the sidelines?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost like Tedford is a RB with a knee injury... when's he coming back?

TB fans holding out hope he will right the offense's ship when he's back on the sidelines?
I expect the offense to be a bit better but no, I'm not expecting them to rip off 10 wins or anything.

Schefter tweet:

While WR Vincent Jacksons name has been focus of trade speculation, the Buccaneer more likely to be dealt is RB Doug Martin. Teams calling.

I was neutral on Glennon, but I've came to the conclusion that he is not the future. With decent QB play, we win this game easily. The o-line played well, running game got going, receivers were open (Evans could have had 4 TD's). This loss falls squarely on Glennon and the ####ty Special Teams. Not upset that we lost cause it helps our draft position.

It's an interesting move. Wait, no it isn't. It's moronic. What's the point of starting a 35 year old QB when the team is 1-7?! It makes no sense.

Even if you don't like Glennon you start him and let him get some experience. Then trade him before the draft when you've decided on who the next poor ******* to play QB for this franchise is.

This front office is full of idiots. See you guys in April.

It's 1000% the right move. You have to start winning games or you'll lose the team and Glennon has shown he isn't capable. The players in the locker room know how sorry he is. You just can't keep rolling him out there because he is "young" and you want him to get experience. This isn't Madden.

It's 1000% the right move. You have to start winning games or you'll lose the team and Glennon has shown he isn't capable. The players in the locker room know how sorry he is. You just can't keep rolling him out there because he is "young" and you want him to get experience. This isn't Madden.
So the guy who couldn't crack 200 yards passing in the first two losses of the season (at home) and was well on his way to another awful performance against the only defense worse than Tampa's is the better option for winning games?

So the guy who couldn't crack 200 yards passing in the first two losses of the season (at home) and was well on his way to another awful performance against the only defense worse than Tampa's is the better option for winning games?
He deserves at least as many cracks at it as Glennon got. Hell yes.

Let's look for some positives for next year since this one is over.

Currently on team:

-McCoy and David are ridiculous

-McDonald is a pretty effective nose guy. Good player.

-Verner isn't terrible. Pretty good actually.

-Banks has improved a lot this year. See, corners are all locked up!

-Mike Evans is a ridiculous beast. Holy cow he's going to be great.

-VJax is still very good and it seems like he could be an effective #2 chain mover for a few more years.

-Sefarian-Jenkins is showing promise.

-McCown will be a hell of a mentor to the QB we draft.

-top-5 pick! Unless they screw it up! They probably will!

-seems like we have a good stable of backs.

Uhhhhhh things that need to be improved

-the o-line is terrible. There are a few guys that have played well but can they rebuild it on the fly? Seems like it may be better to just draft a RG and hope continuity kicks in.

-need a QB super bad. But if you draft a guy you are looking at ANOTHER bad season. Who can keep taking this? I barely watched yesterday and I am as big of a die hard as there is.

-the D-line sucks out loud. They need pass rushers. Michael Johnson is a damn mess. Nobody opposite of him either. Hard to find. Not going to get this and a QB in the draft.

-Mason Foster doesn't fit here.

-none of the safeties fit here. Or the ones who do (Major Wright) kind of suck. Goldson was an epic bust.

-McCoy's prime is being wasted. Damn shame.

As an Evans dynasty owner I am very intrigued to see who will be the signal caller drafted by TB. Who are you fans hoping for and/or think is realistic? Gotta be Mariota or Winston right? Tough for me to choose, Winston's touch is so sweet though

As an Evans dynasty owner I am very intrigued to see who will be the signal caller drafted by TB. Who are you fans hoping for and/or think is realistic? Gotta be Mariota or Winston right? Tough for me to choose, Winston's touch is so sweet though
Winston would likely grade out higher than Mariota. He is probably the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck.

Evans has looked great, but I still want to see what he would do as the #1.

I actually wouldn't hate Hoyer. He won't win many games for you himself but he seems like a guy who can get the ball down the field and win games with a good team around him.

I wouldn't love it at all though.

My thought process is this:

There is absolutely nobody on this coaching staff capable of tutoring a young quarterback unless Tedford returns (unlikely). If they draft a QB and put him behind this offensive line we'll be having this exact same conversation in 2019. Winston is an immature headcase and Mariota needs some time to learn the pro game.

I'd love to have a plug and play stud QB as much as the next Buc fan, but this franchise is clearly incapable of identifying and developing talent at the QB position, so why waste a top 3 pick there?

Find this decade's Brad Johnson again and surround him with talented players elsewhere.

^^ I don't think that plan necessarily works anymore, unless you have multiple hall of famers on the team. Offense heavy league now. Gotta have a QB that can make plays.

104 yards on this drive for Evans:

1st and 10 at TB 20 (1:55) C.Sims left end to TB 16 for -4 yards.

2nd and 14 at TB 16 (1:55) PENALTY on TB-J.McCown, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at TB 16 - No Play.

2nd and 19 at TB 11 :-)48) J.McCown pass short left to M.Evans to TB 16 for 5 yards

3rd and 14 at TB 16 :-)07) J.McCown pass deep right to M.Evans to 50 for 34 yards

END QUARTER 3

1st and 10 at 50 (15:00) C.Sims right end pushed ob at WAS 47 for 3 yards. PENALTY on TB-D.Dotson, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.

1st and 25 at TB 35 (14:35) J.McCown pass short left to M.Evans pushed ob at TB 44 for 9 yards

2nd and 16 at TB 44 (14:13) (Shotgun) J.McCown pass deep left to M.Evans for 56 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

I can only put 6 games on at once (plus the RZ channel) so the Bucs usually get left out of my rotation (can you blame me)? Anyway, why exactly is Evans producing SO much more than V-Jax lately? Is Jackson still seeing the bulk of the shaded coverage, or is Evans simply that much better than him already?

Jackson can't get deep like Evans does. Just simply two different receivers.

Similarly, Evans isn't going to work the chains like Jackson does. At least not yet.

Imagine what he could do with a real QB. Imagine what the offense as a whole could do with a real QB back there. Sucks that they had to go and win a meaningless game this week. #1 draft pick slipping away... :)

Raiders aren't winning so they were never getting the #1. I hope they don't blow the #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
bucsbaby said:
Imagine what he could do with a real QB. Imagine what the offense as a whole could do with a real QB back there. Sucks that they had to go and win a meaningless game this week. #1 draft pick slipping away... :)
Could any of those passes have been thrown any better? The play of the offensive and defensive lines was the difference. When the offensive line blocks and the front 4 gets to the opposing QB consistently the Bucs will win consistently. If they don't the QB will not matter.

All you have to do is look at the team they just manhandled and think about what they paid for their QB. I hope the Bucs don't make the same mistake without bolstering their lines first.

Users who are viewing this thread