What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (8 Viewers)

I like the ZZ re-signing because under this guys offense there will be multiple backs used. I know this because in my FF league I owned all 3 Seattle backs at one time or another.  Bad from a FF aspect, but they could run the ball as well as any team out there.
Bevell was fired before the 2018 season. Most of his career was in Seattle was spent feeding Lynch. However, I agree they will use multiple backs. Zenner is fine as RB3 but I still think they need someone better behind KJ.

Ilov80s said:
Bevell was fired before the 2018 season. Most of his career was in Seattle was spent feeding Lynch. However, I agree they will use multiple backs. Zenner is fine as RB3 but I still think they need someone better behind KJ.
Gimme a little Benny Snell in the 5th rd!!! 

#### Carlos Monarrez. FTR I knew who the author was gonna be before I clicked the link. Dude is a hack in the Terry Foster-Rob Parker-Drew Sharp genre of negativity. Everyone wants to be Stephen A.
I agree, but the Lions do need to do something about the offense. 

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix visiting the Bears, Lions are hosting Andrew Adams. UDFA out of Connecticut, was a PS player turned starter in his rookie year (2016), mostly a backup with the Giants and Bucs the last two. Don't know a thing about him; PFF graded him fairly high as a rookie, mediocre the last two. Did intercept Cam three times in a game last year.

Looks like we're not going big at S and hope Diggs & Walker will be enough. Pretty thin, I would like to see us add more depth. Like the Coleman signing but man it seems like most years you have to rely on backups at some point due to injuries.

I agree, but the Lions do need to do something about the offense. 
Def feel like we need a another RB.

Some of these guys might be RFA, I didn't research, but they're all unsigned and 26 or younger:

Gus Edwards 24

T.J. Yeldon 25

Alex Collins 25

Peyton Barber 25

Isaiah Crowell 26

Ty Montgomery 26

Jay Ajayi 26

Rob Kelley 26

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix visiting the Bears, Lions are hosting Andrew Adams. UDFA out of Connecticut, was a PS player turned starter in his rookie year (2016), mostly a backup with the Giants and Bucs the last two. Don't know a thing about him; PFF graded him fairly high as a rookie, mediocre the last two. Did intercept Cam three times in a game last year.

Looks like we're not going big at S and hope Diggs & Walker will be enough. Pretty thin, I would like to see us add more depth. Like the Coleman signing but man it seems like most years you have to rely on backups at some point due to injuries.
They liked to play 3 safeties a lot so that really surprises me that we aren't being more aggressive there.

Def feel like we need a another RB.

Some of these guys might be RFA, I didn't research, but they're all unsigned and 26 or younger:

Gus Edwards 24

T.J. Yeldon 25

Alex Collins 25

Peyton Barber 25

Isaiah Crowell 26

Ty Montgomery 26

Jay Ajayi 26

Rob Kelley 26

Those 2 really intrigue me and I think would be nice complements. 

don't think the rams could or will match, they are cap strapped and lost 2 starting Olinemen and Suh, and Joyner and Barron....If Gurley is not 100% could be a long year for them

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
This is interesting: RFA RB Malcolm Brown was signed to an offer sheet by the #Lions, source said. 5 days to match.
Is it possible they are eyeing him as a potential starter over Kerryon?

It's possible. Brown is very underrated. He's looked outstanding at times & is a good all-purpose RB.

I was hoping Philly would pursue him. Excellent fit for them & the price would be right. Detroit has potential, though.

That said, the Rams may match depending on the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think like bss said, no need to burn a draft pick at that position. KJ is the starter but others will also get carries including Zenner and Brown if rams don't stay in the pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lions signed RB Malcolm Brown to a two-year, $3.25 million offer sheet, with a $100K signing bonus and $1 million guaranteed.

The Rams have until Monday to match the offer to the restricted free agent.

Browns terms.... @Sigmund Bloom says lions should pass and sign spencer ware

Can’t find any reports of Ware visiting another team. Guessing he’s the Plan B backup if the Rams want to match the offer to Brown.

There’s every indication the Lions are confident they found their guy in KJ last year. But it would be foolish to roll into next year with only Zenner as a backup. Every team needs 3 capable tailbacks & KJ will probably only see 65-70% of the touches to keep him fresh & healthy.

Can’t find any reports of Ware visiting another team. Guessing he’s the Plan B backup if the Rams want to match the offer to Brown.
Perhaps his medical checks didn't go well?

There’s every indication the Lions are confident they found their guy in KJ last year. But it would be foolish to roll into next year with only Zenner as a backup. Every team needs 3 capable tailbacks & KJ will probably only see 65-70% of the touches to keep him fresh & healthy.
The Lions ran the ball 404 times last year and I bet they want to run it even more this year.If they gave him the ball 65% of the time, it would 260 carries. Only 2 RBs in the league had more than 260 last year: Zeke 304 and Saquon 261. The Lions have came out and said they want a split backfield so I actually think KJ gets more like 50% of the work. 

BobbyLayne said:
That would be ok.  Rams did scrap up enough loose change to hold onto Brown.  Either way it will be an upgrade over Blount.

In another article, I just found out that unused cap money carries over to the next year.  I had always assumed it was lost, like tears in the rain.

He tweeted out that he promises he will be in much better shape next year. It's good CJ recognizes that but also not great that he's been out of shape for months now. It also implies even though he knew he was on the market, he didn't use that as motivation to get into shape yet. 
CJ played PDG for being out of shape.

Users who are viewing this thread