Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty surprised he made it all the way to Seattle, who had, I believe the 26th waiver priority. 

Gordon is a no-risk, high reward flier, for a team with maybe the most organizational stability west of NE. 

Fantasy wise, this is probably mostly a benefit for Russell Wilson, as Gordon should at the very least, be an upgrade from Jaron Brown. In theory, this could hurt Metcalf and even Lockett slightly, depending on how involved Gordon becomes. 

Probably a slight boost to Carson as well, as adding another WR threat, could open some more space, and lead to more GL chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can someone reach out to Soulfly? I’m more worried about him than I Gordon.

Kind of ironic isn't it? NFL tells Gordon to lay off the weed and he can't. Owner of this website tells you to lay off your hot takes and you can't.

You've never seen my wife reach for the last pizza slice.

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'm pretty surprised he made it all the way to Seattle, who had, I believe the 26th waiver priority. 

 

28th 

 

Current NFL waiver claim priority:
1. MIA
2. CIN
3. WAS
4. ATL
5. NYJ
6. NYG
7. DEN
8. TB
9. CLE
10. LAC
11. CHI
12. PIT
13. OAK
14. ARI
15. TEN
16. JAC
17. PHI
18. DET
19. CAR
20. LAR
21. DAL
22. HOU
23. KC
24. BUF
25. BAL
26. IND
27. MIN
28. SEA
29. GB
30. NO
31. NE
32. SF

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t heard this take yet.  But Lockett and DK were not Wilson’s preferred redzone option.  It was Dissly prior to his injury.  Gordon should take targets from Brown, Moore and what Dissly left behind...including preferred redzone option as the best high ball player on the team.

WR3 at least

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Haven’t heard this take yet.  But Lockett and DK were not Wilson’s preferred redzone option.  It was Dissly prior to his injury.  Gordon should take targets from Brown, Moore and what Dissly left behind...including preferred redzone option as the best high ball player on the team.

WR3 at least

Metcalf had more RZ targets than Dissley when they were both playing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody thinks there has to be a shoe about to drop?  If he's healthy why would the Patriots release him?  Why would he be passed up by 27 teams who could have him for free?  Something stinks.  And again, he hasn't gone a year without failing a drug test since 10th grade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SCT said:

Nobody thinks there has to be a shoe about to drop?  If he's healthy why would the Patriots release him?  Why would he be passed up by 27 teams who could have him for free?  Something stinks.  And again, he hasn't gone a year without failing a drug test since 10th grade.

Almost everybody thinks there is a shoe to drop. Proceed with utmost caution. I won't be picking him up in any leagues. Chris Conley is worth more as a flier in Jax than Gordon in Seattle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other thing is Seahawks covet draft picks.   Heard on the radio today that if Gordon can make it through this season without getting suspended, he'll be an unrestricted free agent.   Seahawks could end up with compensatory pick in exchange for the million or so that they'll pay on the rest of this year's contract.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SCT said:

Nobody thinks there has to be a shoe about to drop?  If he's healthy why would the Patriots release him?  Why would he be passed up by 27 teams who could have him for free?  Something stinks.  And again, he hasn't gone a year without failing a drug test since 10th grade.

The scuttlebutt in town is that JG was having some periods where his whereabouts were unknown, he was late to team functions, and he did not respond to communication right away. Apparently that went against what the team set up for him and they didn’t like it. Coupled with what had been called a decline in work ethic and a drop in production, that was enough for them to move on. Whether that happened or not is anyone’s guess. That doesn’t mean he had a relapse, but it sounds like he wasn’t sticking to the framework that the Pats had set up for him. That’s the story currently circulating. I always take some of that with a grain of salt, as Boston is notorious for kicking a guy AFTER he moved on not while he was there. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

This just seems to muddy the waters for the targets there.  Gordon probably doesn't rise to the level of startable, but he might drag Locket or Metcalf down a bit. 

I doubt it. I’m fairly confident that in the majority of sets the Seahawks run it will be Metcalf and Tyler Lockett on the field.

Gordon seems like he may have a role as a deep target in three wide receiver sets if and when the Seahawks are playing from behind, but he also may simply be a decoy to take some of the attention off of Lockett & Metcalf.

maybe I’m way way off here, but I’m not seeing a major role for Josh Gordon. Unless the Seahawks completely change their offense of philosophy, or if they use him as a tight end with the loss of Dissly… But those seem like longshots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

He will mosy likely get cut from 

Seattle just like everywhere else

Ya I agree, he hasn't made it a year without failing a drug test since 10th grade...However, if you have an expendable drop why not stash him?  May get a good week or two out of him.  But the Patriots would have kept him if that was likeliy.  I dropped Stills to pick him up on a short bench (I have Nuk and don't like starting both).

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Faust said:

Article paints a pretty rosy picture, but totally dependent on Gordon's willingness to work hard find his passion for football. Maybe the "Patriot way" just wasn't for him... he got a taste of how quickly you go from Tom's favorite toy to slide out da way we just signed Antonio Brown. Maybe he'll just plain like it better in Seattle, maybe he'll flame out. Either way should be good for another 20 pages.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m selling this as a Gordon owner first 6 weeks of the season. He had weeks given 9+ targets and was JAG. Couldn’t turn a screen into YAC. Still good physical receiver in contact. While I think he’s a valuable piece to an offense, he’s going to be a TD dependent WR4+

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FitzMagee said:

I’m selling this as a Gordon owner first 6 weeks of the season. He had weeks given 9+ targets and was JAG. Couldn’t turn a screen into YAC. Still good physical receiver in contact. While I think he’s a valuable piece to an offense, he’s going to be a TD dependent WR4+

That’s my guess too. Seahawks aren’t gonna 180 on their run-first philosophy & turn into the high flying Cards with this signing, and Metcalf & Lockett aren’t coming off the field. 

for a team that primarily runs 2 wide sets, that doesn’t bode well for a huge target share for a dude like Gordon. Hell, it barely bodes well for Metcalf & Lockett without Gordon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped when I heard he was going to be released. If NE, who has a long history of making troubled players work, couldn't make it work for whatever reason, I'm not certain anyone else can. Even if he works out ok, he won't play this week, and it would be wise to see his workshare week 10 before starting him on your fantasy team. Then it's the fi Al stretch of our FF season. Are you willing to take a risk with him? I have better options on j bench if needed. I'd rather take a flier on a lottery ticket or position depth/handcuffs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

I dropped when I heard he was going to be released. If NE, who has a long history of making troubled players work, couldn't make it work for whatever reason, I'm not certain anyone else can. Even if he works out ok, he won't play this week, and it would be wise to see his workshare week 10 before starting him on your fantasy team. Then it's the fi Al stretch of our FF season. Are you willing to take a risk with him? I have better options on j bench if needed. I'd rather take a flier on a lottery ticket or position depth/handcuffs.

This. 

with one caveat: he’ll catch a single 60+ yard TD, we’ll have 5 pages of “OMG HE’S BACK!” discussion, and everyone will be all over him, only to see him disappear. 

i just can’t imagine there not being last letdown before all is said & done. 

it’s actually pretty sad. I thought NEP would finally bring out the best in JG. He truly seems like a nice human being & he’s had one heck of a tough run in the NFL. Whether you consider addiction self-inflicted or not, you have to feel for the dude.

it’ll make an epic 30 for 30 someday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 7:11 PM, Ministry of Pain said:

I'm not high that teams are clamoring for this guy but we'll see. I understand why teams might want to take a look but he requires maintenance and babysitting that teams might want to pass on. Won't be shocked if he does fall down to a late grab by a playoff contender

Enter the Seahawks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCT said:

Nobody thinks there has to be a shoe about to drop?  If he's healthy why would the Patriots release him?  Why would he be passed up by 27 teams who could have him for free?  Something stinks.  And again, he hasn't gone a year without failing a drug test since 10th grade.

And than there’s that Bill guy in NE. He doesn’t seem to get many of these decisions wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon is fantasy football heroin for some people. They got that initial rush in 2013 and have been chasing that same "high" ever since. 2013 is a long time ago but if you want, you can easily explain or counter every "anti-Gordon" argument there is point for point and yet it's still 2019 and he's still not sniffing at 2013.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Absolutely Nothing said:

Hey, if it doesn't work out, at least he can relax and smoke some grass legally.

Yeah cause right now...based on what is coming out of NE. He is smoking grass and relaxing. Late to meetings, not reachable, ot going full effort in practice. yeah...keep hitting that bong Josh. 

This guy is a freaking turd of a professional. I am stunned the Seahawks are bringing him in. But I can’t stand that team anyway. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dez said:

28th 

 

Current NFL waiver claim priority:
1. MIA
2. CIN
3. WAS
4. ATL
5. NYJ
6. NYG
7. DEN
8. TB
9. CLE
10. LAC
11. CHI
12. PIT
13. OAK
14. ARI
15. TEN
16. JAC
17. PHI
18. DET
19. CAR
20. LAR
21. DAL
22. HOU
23. KC
24. BUF
25. BAL
26. IND
27. MIN
28. SEA
29. GB
30. NO
31. NE
32. SF

Hou should have jumped all over it

Link to post
Share on other sites

He finally has landed in a spot where he can succeed. It's hard to blame him for how things have panned out to this point, but it is easy to see why this time it will be different. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Probably the best spot for his skill set and to see field immediately. 

How so? They’re a run-1st team that plays in predominantly 2-WR sets.

I’d look at Jaron Brown’s usage for a likely Indicator of how much he’ll see the field. :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

He finally has landed in a spot where he can succeed. It's hard to blame him for how things have panned out to this point, but it is easy to see why this time it will be different. 

It is? Perhaps I’m missing something. Can you explain the ease with which he should be expected to succeed in SEA?  :unsure:

unless this was absolutely brilliant sarcasm, in which case, well played my friend. Well played. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

It is? Perhaps I’m missing something. Can you explain the ease with which he should be expected to succeed in SEA?  :unsure:

unless this was absolutely brilliant sarcasm, in which case, well played my friend. Well played. 

If Russell Wilson throws 10 TDs to Gordon down the stretch here, everyone in fantasy will be kicking themselves for having missed out. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

If Russell Wilson throws 10 TDs to Gordon down the stretch here, everyone in fantasy will be kicking themselves for having missed out. 

I feel like the word “if” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. 🤔 

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a good spot for Gordon. Run heavy team, Carroll asks his WRs to work hard. Gordon better work on his downfield blocking... I agree with the Roto take, Lockett is unaffected (operates a ton in the slot) and so is Metcalf to a degree.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time this guy had anything above 800/5 was 2013. It's amazing how much buzz this guy generates based on production more than half a decade ago.  To put that in context 2013 was the year Geno Smith tied for 1st in the NFL for game winning drives back when he played for the Jets. Jamal Charles led the league in TD's. Andre Ellington had the best yards/attempt. Pierre Garcon led the league in receptions. Robert Mathis led the league in sacks.

Anyway, it's been a minute. Don't forget..... Washington was one of the first states to legalize weed and it's only a couple hour drive to Vancouver, BC. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I feel like the word “if” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. 🤔 

Lots of ifs in life. At this point, what do you think is more likely to happen, Gordon catches 10 TDs in Seattle or they do a big screen Game of Thrones spinoff with Guy Fieri playing himself:  Lord Fieri, from the House Flavortown, Owner of Diners and Fan of Drive-Ins and Dives. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

It is? Perhaps I’m missing something. Can you explain the ease with which he should be expected to succeed in SEA?  :unsure:

unless this was absolutely brilliant sarcasm, in which case, well played my friend. Well played. 

He was obv being sarcastic.  Gordon is done as a FF asset.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

He was obv being sarcastic.  Gordon is done as a FF asset.  

If Seattle wanted a big body receiver they could've gotten more from Dez Bryant to be honest; the only thing is Seattle will surely get a comp pick as long as Gordon is clean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

If Seattle wanted a big body receiver they could've gotten more from Dez Bryant to be honest; the only thing is Seattle will surely get a comp pick as long as Gordon is clean.

How will SEA get a comp pick?  If anyone wanted him they coulda signed him off waivers for free.  Highly unlikely any team signs him in the offseason and gives up a comp pick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

The last time this guy had anything above 800/5 was 2013. It's amazing how much buzz this guy generates based on production more than half a decade ago.  To put that in context 2013 was the year Geno Smith tied for 1st in the NFL for game winning drives back when he played for the Jets. Jamal Charles led the league in TD's. Andre Ellington had the best yards/attempt. Pierre Garcon led the league in receptions. Robert Mathis led the league in sacks.

Anyway, it's been a minute. Don't forget..... Washington was one of the first states to legalize weed and it's only a couple hour drive to Vancouver, BC. 

The blast from the past here is awesome. Great post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Lots of ifs in life. At this point, what do you think is more likely to happen, Gordon catches 10 TDs in Seattle or they do a big screen Game of Thrones spinoff with Guy Fieri playing himself:  Lord Fieri, from the House Flavortown, Owner of Diners and Fan of Drive-Ins and Dives. 

Any odds given or are these straight bets? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

The blast from the past here is awesome. Great post. 

 

Agreed.

 HSG, is your PM box full?   I may be contacting you in the next week or two about an order.

Sorry to hijack this semi-dead JG thread, but anyway we can keep the faith alive....right?      :football:

 

 

 TZM

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

 

Agreed.

 HSG, is your PM box full?   I may be contacting you in the next week or two about an order.

Sorry to hijack this semi-dead JG thread, but anyway we can keep the faith alive....right?      :football:

 

 

 TZM

I don’t think so, but I’ll check in a little bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How so? They’re a run-1st team that plays in predominantly 2-WR sets.

I’d look at Jaron Brown’s usage for a likely Indicator of how much he’ll see the field. :shrug:

I'd bet he plays a bit more than Jaron Brown. They've kind of been running a WRBC lately with Brown, David Moore, and even Malik Turner of late, though Brown has been the leader of that.

Gordon played well in both 2018 and 2017 when he was on the field, sure it wasn't at his all-pro level of 2013, but he's still been an above average WR. Hell, in 2018, Gordon, Brandin Cooks, and Kenny Golladay were almost the same guy on a PPG basis. 

It depends on how hard Gordon works obviously, but I wouldn't dismiss that he gets ahead of Metcalf either. I love Metcalf as a prospect, but he's been extremely sloppy at times(which was to be expected as a raw-ish rookie) and doesn't seem to know where he is supposed to be a lot of the time. I could certainly see a scenario where when Seattle goes 2-WR, it could be Gordon or Metcalf based on situation. Gordon isn't a bad run blocker either.

I'd think Gordon sees at least 40 snaps a game. From a fantasy aspect, I'd be in no rush to add Gordon yet, but its not hard to see him coming into value. If nothing else, I'd say this addition gives Wilson a higher ceiling. 

Edited by travdogg
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How so? They’re a run-1st team that plays in predominantly 2-WR sets.

I’d look at Jaron Brown’s usage for a likely Indicator of how much he’ll see the field. :shrug:

He's not going to be asked to run extensive route tree. Metcalf isn't making a rookie impact because he's a good route runner

Unless there's an injury, I don't see him having fantasy value in standard.

It's far and away the best spot for 2019 on field impact. If not Seattle, I think he's sitting out rest of season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...