Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can someone reach out to Soulfly? I’m more worried about him than I Gordon.

Kind of ironic isn't it? NFL tells Gordon to lay off the weed and he can't. Owner of this website tells you to lay off your hot takes and you can't.

You've never seen my wife reach for the last pizza slice.

Quote

Josh Gordon caught his lone target for 10 yards in the Seahawks' Week 13 win over the Vikings.

His patented play since joining the Seahawks, Gordon caught a third-down slant to give Seattle a first down. That's all he's been good for since coming over from New England. Gordon has four catches for 47 scoreless yards across three games. He doesn't see nearly enough of the field to be a fantasy option.

Dec 3, 2019, 12:25 AM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 5:49 PM, BassNBrew said:

Thank goodness we learn our lesson from seasons past and start L Murray today

Building on this, benched Gordon for Jeffrey this week.  Wished I'd figured on the bench this bum for a stud on your bench strategy years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hooper31 said:

Is one needed? Waldman is the best. If you disagree feel free to elaborate. 

How about if you declare something? The burden of proof is on you to come up with reasons for a pretty hyperbolic comment. You're the one throat punching ponies for repeating things they heard from broadcasts and linking to nothing in lieu of.

Perhaps you can try something out that leads to something productive instead of uttering declarations as gospel.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

How about if you declare something? The burden of proof is on you to come up with reasons for a pretty hyperbolic comment. You're the one throat punching ponies for repeating things they heard from broadcasts and linking to nothing in lieu of.

Perhaps you can try something out that leads to something productive instead of uttering declarations as gospel.

Fair enough. 

His Weekly Top 10 is a fantastic read each week. He's not married to anyone in the NFL when it comes to evaluation and backs up his opinions with outstanding objective observations all the time. His observations are based in the same format that he utilizes to scout players coming into the NFL. It's not based in like or dislike. He has a system of evaluation that mirrors the way a professional scout evaluates any talent. it's refreshing and unemotional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hooper31 said:

Fair enough. 

His Weekly Top 10 is a fantastic read each week. He's not married to anyone in the NFL when it comes to evaluation and backs up his opinions with outstanding objective observations all the time. His observations are based in the same format that he utilizes to scout players coming into the NFL. It's not based in like or dislike. He has a system of evaluation that mirrors the way a professional scout evaluates any talent. it's refreshing and unemotional.

Thanks, Hooper31. For what it's worth, I read him, too, and find him an excellent and dispassionate evaluator. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Josh Gordon caught 2-of-5 targets for 34 yards in Week 14 against the Rams.

It's another nondescript game for Gordon, who finished behind D.K. Metcalf and Jacob Hollister in targets. This was his best game since coming over from the Patriots, but Gordon has still has to catch more than two passes in any game. Gordon's snaps could start to go up, but he's not a fantasy option right now.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:56 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, Hooper31 said:

Fair enough. 

His Weekly Top 10 is a fantastic read each week. He's not married to anyone in the NFL when it comes to evaluation and backs up his opinions with outstanding objective observations all the time. His observations are based in the same format that he utilizes to scout players coming into the NFL. It's not based in like or dislike. He has a system of evaluation that mirrors the way a professional scout evaluates any talent. it's refreshing and unemotional.

He’s a great read, but so was the fiction The Lord of the Rings.  Obviously the evaluation model isn’t working. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Arm isn’t strong enough for Gordon’s outstanding athletic Ability

You capitalized "A" in ability like Hester Prynne. Josh should have to publicly wear the "A" for the rest of life, indebted to fantasy GMs everywhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

NFL suspended Seahawks WR Josh Gordon indefinitely.

Gordon has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse. It marks the fifth time that the NFL has suspended Gordon for violating the league's policy. He finished his tenure with the Seahawks with just seven receptions for 139 scoreless yards in five games.

 

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

While unsurprising, it Is a little bit sad. i was kinda hoping he was on the right track. 
 

 

My feeling as well.  Doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Even though he was playing for the Seahawks, I was hoping he could stay on track.  Unfortunate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's not really that sad anymore. That ended after chance #3, IMO.

I mean, it’s always sad. Maybe no shock to it any more, but it’s never not sad when anyone succumbs to addiction like that.

As someone who’s dabbled in recreational enhancements but doesn’t have a very addictive personality, it’s hard for me to imagine trading getting high for an NFL career.

but then, I’m the kind of guy who can have a single beer with dinner, and move on with my evening while others I know are incapable of that sort of moderation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a Gordon supporter for along time.  Years. 

However, when he was not able to stick with New England, I knew that there was an issue.  It was a big red flag.  I knew the support staff that they had surrounded him with.  I suspected he had violated the substance abuse policy there.  This confirms that in my mind.  

I doubt Josh is going to make it back on the field again also.  I think that was it for him.  A shame.

Wish Josh Gordon the best moving forward.

Edited by Hairy Snowman
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

Dude is done. One of the biggest “what if’s” in recent history. Had one of the best seasons ever in 2013 despite being suspended the first 2 games

Not to mention likely being high AF the whole time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not to mention likely being high AF the whole time. 

I am more willing to bet he was never able to recapture his previous abilities and was looking for a way to do that.  Most athletes will do anything to compete.  It is a shame for JG.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hairy Snowman said:

I am more willing to bet he was never able to recapture his previous abilities and was looking for a way to do that.  Most athletes will do anything to compete.  It is a shame for JG.   

I thought he’d said he played high all the time in college & in the magical season. 

i agree he may have thought, “oh, I need to be high - that’s what worked so well before!” because addicts tell themselves stuff like that all the time to justify getting high. 

I honestly was rooting for him in Seattle. Thought he’d finally put it behind him. I can’t imagine what the future looks like for JG now. “Bleak” come to mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last catch in an NFL game will be 58 yards, some guys never make a 50 yard catch their entire careers, tragedy and waste of talent.

I used to wish that he would get the help he needed but this is going to go down a long dark path that will likely end with Gordon leaving this World a little before he should, just my gut feelings at this point. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Last catch in an NFL game will be 58 yards, some guys never make a 50 yard catch their entire careers, tragedy and waste of talent.

I used to wish that he would get the help he needed but this is going to go down a long dark path that will likely end with Gordon leaving this World a little before he should, just my gut feelings at this point. 

Did he study something in college that makes you think he’ll become an astronaut?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I mean, it’s always sad. Maybe no shock to it any more, but it’s never not sad when anyone succumbs to addiction like that.

As someone who’s dabbled in recreational enhancements but doesn’t have a very addictive personality, it’s hard for me to imagine trading getting high for an NFL career.

but then, I’m the kind of guy who can have a single beer with dinner, and move on with my evening while others I know are incapable of that sort of moderation. 

 

7 minutes ago, seahawk 17 said:

It's still ok to feel empathy for someone who has an addiction.

I’d be willing to agree if it wasn’t PED’s. Even if it was both, the PED’s were a choice, not an addiction.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon is a great example to show young kids just how addictive drugs are 

everyone would say there is NO WAY they'd stay addicted to drugs and give up millions of dollars (tens of millions) .......... and yet that's exactly what happened :( 

damn sad

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...