What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Borderlands 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

BIG WARNINGBe real careful about the chests you open in Sanctuary. I was running around opening everything and accidentally unlocked the golden key chest. There was no warning, it did not look THAT different and I got two lousy grenades that were just slightly better than what I was currently using. :thumbdown:edit.. Current level 9.
We got a key with the preorder correct? Then I signed up for that gearbox thing and that told me I got a gold key for that. So I guess I have two gold keys? Are there two chests in Sanctuary?Another question. How hard is it to get to the chest? Thinking if it is just in an easy to get to spot, save right before you open it, open it, and see if you like what you got. If not, exit without saving, load up again, then trek back and try again.
Pretty sure once you use it, it will be saved and recorded. No way to spin the wheel again and again.
:unsure:
Oh damn, nice! PC FTW! ;Lol:

'Mad Cow said:
I noticed Foos has it for PC, as well. Didn't see him checked in here yet.
I haven't had much time to dig in yet. I've messed around a bit but I never played the original so I'm not sure how to allocate skills and such.

'Mad Cow said:
I noticed Foos has it for PC, as well. Didn't see him checked in here yet.
I haven't had much time to dig in yet. I've messed around a bit but I never played the original so I'm not sure how to allocate skills and such.
Good thing about borderlands is you can re-allocate them later, for some $$ which isn't a problem later in the game, should you discover you screwed up.

Anybody else playing salvador? I am thinking I don't like his power.
Most everyone I know is starting with him. He was my first class. I think he's Madcow's first class. A friend I was playing with last night was using him and 2 out of 4 that I was playing with in a random game Tuesday was using him. He's ok. I have a tank mod on him now and I've not gone down but once since. I'm also using mostly guns that have a fire or shock element to take down foes. It helps.

That's what I chose. I haven't figured out how to get dual wielding yet. I press the "F" button but it doesn't do anything.
Have to be level 5 and open up Gunzerking. F then dual wields. I tend to carry 1 sniper and 1 AR/SMG so dual wielding is less attractive, but might need to go dual AR's once I get a great one or two and roll with gunzerking. Currently making a bee-line for the skill that increases all weapon damage under brawn.

Banned from what? It isn't an MMO where rare drops keep the economy flowing. note: I only tested it to see if it does indeed give more keys. My chest is still unopened.
Didnt they ban people from D2?
I believe D2 uses Blizzard's servers (correct me if I'm wrong). In Borderlands, the host is the server.

Most everyone I know is starting with him. He was my first class. I think he's Madcow's first class. A friend I was playing with last night was using him and 2 out of 4 that I was playing with in a random game Tuesday was using him. He's ok. I have a tank mod on him now and I've not gone down but once since. I'm also using mostly guns that have a fire or shock element to take down foes. It helps.
What tank mod?

That's what I chose. I haven't figured out how to get dual wielding yet. I press the "F" button but it doesn't do anything.
Have to be level 5 and open up Gunzerking. F then dual wields. I tend to carry 1 sniper and 1 AR/SMG so dual wielding is less attractive, but might need to go dual AR's once I get a great one or two and roll with gunzerking. Currently making a bee-line for the skill that increases all weapon damage under brawn.
yeah, that is my problem as well.

Pretty sure once you use it, it will be saved and recorded. No way to spin the wheel again and again.
Are you PS3? And how sure is pretty sure? Not :pokey: here, serious question. Just want to know if it is worth the bother of even trying my save and reload idea.Also, still looking for the answer to the second key question. Anyone?
PC. If they give you a key that is single use, I'd be willing to bet they have it secured fairly well to not use until you like what you got. :shrug: I also got the 2nd key for signing up for Shift.
So what is the second key for, different chest? Or second shot at the original chest?

What tank mod?
http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/9353/article/borderlands-2-class-modification-units-class-mod-guide/

So we fired this up last night and I played for about 4 hours. Sucked running around as Zero with just handguns, but once I did the fur quest for Hammerlock and got my sniper rifle it was really fun. Did all the quests and got to Sanctuary last night and I am at Level 8. I didnt finish the midget quest on the bullymog quest, but next time I play that is the first thing I am going to do.

Loving the game. The graphics were a bit different to get used to, but now I think it is great.

BTW Captain Flynt was hard as hell. How did you guys beat him?

So we fired this up last night and I played for about 4 hours. Sucked running around as Zero with just handguns, but once I did the fur quest for Hammerlock and got my sniper rifle it was really fun. Did all the quests and got to Sanctuary last night and I am at Level 8. I didnt finish the midget quest on the bullymog quest, but next time I play that is the first thing I am going to do.Loving the game. The graphics were a bit different to get used to, but now I think it is great.BTW Captain Flynt was hard as hell. How did you guys beat him?
I was lucky enough to find a combat rifle that shoots rockets and has a pretty nice scope. I was able to unload on him when he was far away, then when he got close with about half his life or so, I ran around throwing grenades and shooting him with my SMG.

BTW Captain Flynt was hard as hell. How did you guys beat him?
I tried sniping him while he was up top. That proved useless as he simply kept regenerating his health. So, instead, I stood in the back right corner behind a large obstruction and just kept killing minions. Eventually he hopped down, and I was then able to break out my best pistol and shotgun and took him down using stealth mode to run and heal when necessary. I did need "second chance" once, but that was about it. Once he came down off his perch, he became much more susceptible to my rapid fire weapons, which was key.By the way, you didn't start with a sniper rifle as an assassin? I did, but now wonder if that was luck of the draw?

As a salvador character, it annoys me my best weapons are a SMG and a pistol. Where are the freaking rifles!?!!?

As a salvador character, it annoys me my best weapons are a SMG and a pistol. Where are the freaking rifles!?!!?
They come, just gotta wait. I believe there are literally hundreds of thousands of different weapons in this game. Eventually you get a sweet drop.

I jumped down and started sniping from far away. Eventually he came down and killed me. Just past the respawn point there is a room with an Ammo vending machine you have to jump down from. I just stayed up there and kept shooting him until my ammo ran out then I refilled at the machine. The room was too high for him to jump up to so I just sat up there for about 3 minutes killing him and the minions that spawned, occasionally backing up when he threw his fire out.

Playing Zero I find the lack of guns frustrating. I have only gotten 1 sniper rifle thru the first 8 levels. Tons of pistols and a occasional rifle and SMG.

I have noticed that if you aim just near the top of the head, maybe even a little above, you almost always get a critical on humans and kill them in one shot. other than that it seems like I am doing around 90 points of damage per shot with my sniper rifle. Still feeling the game out and figuring things out as I didn't play the first Borderlands game.

Playing Zero I find the lack of guns frustrating. I have only gotten 1 sniper rifle thru the first 8 levels. Tons of pistols and a occasional rifle and SMG. I have noticed that if you aim just near the top of the head, maybe even a little above, you almost always get a critical on humans and kill them in one shot. other than that it seems like I am doing around 90 points of damage per shot with my sniper rifle. Still feeling the game out and figuring things out as I didn't play the first Borderlands game.
Soon enough you'll be finding Sniper rifles everywhere. But for the lower levels, I found that the easiest place to find them was from the vending machines.

Playing Zero I find the lack of guns frustrating. I have only gotten 1 sniper rifle thru the first 8 levels. Tons of pistols and a occasional rifle and SMG. I have noticed that if you aim just near the top of the head, maybe even a little above, you almost always get a critical on humans and kill them in one shot. other than that it seems like I am doing around 90 points of damage per shot with my sniper rifle. Still feeling the game out and figuring things out as I didn't play the first Borderlands game.
Soon enough you'll be finding Sniper rifles everywhere. But for the lower levels, I found that the easiest place to find them was from the vending machines.
Strangely enough, there has been 2 SMG's and nothing but handguns in the vending machines. Maybe its because I was only in the beginning area and hadn't reached Sanctuary yet?Also, I know I am about to feel stupid when I ask this question, but is there any way to carry healing with you? I always have to run back to the machines and buy health.

Strangely enough, there has been 2 SMG's and nothing but handguns in the vending machines. Maybe its because I was only in the beginning area and hadn't reached Sanctuary yet?Also, I know I am about to feel stupid when I ask this question, but is there any way to carry healing with you? I always have to run back to the machines and buy health.
yeah, that is a complaint I have as well. You use to be able to carry some.

'SoCalBroncoFan said:
Same here with the machines. I just killed Flynt and took the boat. But all the vending machines back in Southern Shelf, I never saw a sniper rifle. I did get one that did 100 pt damage as a reward though. That's been more than powerful enough. But the vending machines have been strictly a selling point as far as weapons go.Your question wasn't stupid. I was wondering the same thing. Very frustrating not being able to carry any health packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
'SoCalBroncoFan said:
Same here with the machines. I just killed Flynt and took the boat. But all the vending machines back in Southern Shelf, I never saw a sniper rifle. I did get one that did 100 pt damage as a reward though. That's been more than powerful enough. But the vending machines have been strictly a selling point as far as weapons go.Your question wasn't stupid. I was wondering the same thing. Very frustrating not being able to carry any health packs.
You could buy health packs that you could carry in Borderlands 1, so if I had to guess you'd likely be able to do the same in Borderlands 2, but I haven't been looking. As far as the vending machines, once you get to Sanctuary they got snipers there.

I just got the email that gives me the code to log into the Premier Club but there was no mention of getting the DLC (5th character class) when available.

Did they remove that bonus from the pre order?

I just got the email that gives me the code to log into the Premier Club but there was no mention of getting the DLC (5th character class) when available. Did they remove that bonus from the pre order?
Nope. It will be a month or two before it's out though. I see a little message on the intro screen telling me I will receive the Mechromancer when it is released. It's small down in the lower left corner, but it's there.

'Mad Cow said:
'rascal said:
They come, just gotta wait. I believe there are literally hundreds of thousands of different weapons in this game.
More actually.For Borderlands 1, there was 3,166,880 unique weapons.

While I have not seen a specific number for BL2 yet, the designers early on said it would have significantly more weapons than BL1.

I just got the email that gives me the code to log into the Premier Club but there was no mention of getting the DLC (5th character class) when available. Did they remove that bonus from the pre order?
Nope. It will be a month or two before it's out though. I see a little message on the intro screen telling me I will receive the Mechromancer when it is released. It's small down in the lower left corner, but it's there.
Oh cool, I will keep my eye out for that note. I hope to get BL2 tomorrow.

You could buy health packs that you could carry in Borderlands 1, so if I had to guess you'd likely be able to do the same in Borderlands 2, but I haven't been looking.
And you would be wrong. ;)
Will there be a shortcut button for health kits? Going thru your backpack sucks, especially during battles! (via @TheVic82)Yeah, that sucked. Pausing wasn’t really fun in combat. It was a tough decision, but we decided to remove carryable health packs and instead fill that need with new relics and shields that can help keep you out of that emergency state to begin with. The result is a more fluid combat experience since now you’re not worrying about when the best time to pause the game is and you still get that fun sense of preparing for a battle by choosing the right gear.Health Packs will still appear and drop and they will now heal you up in the middle of battle.

Well, so much for the not dying thing. I went and did the side mission where you have to kill the four assassins with bonus points for using the specified weapons. Man that was tough. I died a good three or four times before I got all those guys down. Took me way to long to figure out that an explosive weapon is effective against the guys with the shield. Was thinking I needed corrosive, which I didn't have. Once I figured that out, I did better, but it was still tough.

Really don't think I'm feeling this game at all. Just too many stupid weapons to keep track of and I hate the randomness of the combat. (I shouldnt miss 50% of my shots with an assault rifle from 20 feet away just because of weapons stats).

And at this point, all I'm doing is just moving towards the waypoints with really no clue why.

Just fought the midget riding the bullymog for the first time (died because my shotgun couldn't kill the 2 guys guarding the ammo room from 4 feet away) and I'm almost ready to call it quits.

Don't get the hype at all.

Really don't think I'm feeling this game at all. Just too many stupid weapons to keep track of and I hate the randomness of the combat. (I shouldnt miss 50% of my shots with an assault rifle from 20 feet away just because of weapons stats). And at this point, all I'm doing is just moving towards the waypoints with really no clue why.Just fought the midget riding the bullymog for the first time (died because my shotgun couldn't kill the 2 guys guarding the ammo room from 4 feet away) and I'm almost ready to call it quits. Don't get the hype at all.
It is not the type of game that changes too much so if you don't like it after the first say 10-12 hours of play, you probably won't like the rest of it.

'SoCalBroncoFan said:
As you progress more weapon types will become available and the general overall quality will increase.Also they removed non instant health packs, tons of instant ones can be found in the world though. Health is supposed to be secondary in BL2 to shields, basically when your shields are down find cover.

'SoCalBroncoFan said:
As you progress more weapon types will become available and the general overall quality will increase.Also they removed non instant health packs, tons of instant ones can be found in the world though. Health is supposed to be secondary in BL2 to shields, basically when your shields are down find cover.
See, that is what's funny...I'm playing as Sal and I have not come across one SMG yet! I want one bad, but for some reason only ARs and Pistols. I just crossed on the boat to Sanctuary...so, I've been playing for more than a minute too.As for the other Sal's out there, don't gunzerk with two ARs are you will rip through ammo. Until you build up skill tree to produce or not consume ammo, it's best to use a combo like AR + pistol, SMG, or shotty. Many people are feeling Sal is weaker on the initial levels, but many state he truly gains his abilities once you start to hit double digits and some even say he goes in beast or God mode.

@drifter (1st post) - LOL, it's RGIII HTTR not HTR...BIG difference...one is Hail To The Redskins and the is Hater.

Crap, they closed the golden key cheat already, and I used mine just checking. :( :lol:

Really don't think I'm feeling this game at all. Just too many stupid weapons to keep track of and I hate the randomness of the combat. (I shouldnt miss 50% of my shots with an assault rifle from 20 feet away just because of weapons stats). And at this point, all I'm doing is just moving towards the waypoints with really no clue why.Just fought the midget riding the bullymog for the first time (died because my shotgun couldn't kill the 2 guys guarding the ammo room from 4 feet away) and I'm almost ready to call it quits. Don't get the hype at all.
Odd. I really don't have any problem hitting what I am shooting at. I tend to use scoped weapons, and I am always looking through the scope when firing unless the fight is really close quarters. In that case, I switch to a shotgun and just use the reticle. But even with something that flings lead like an SMG, firing with the scope, my hit percentage is good. Of course I have picked better aim as both a skill and a badass upgrade. But once again, it is rare I am firing using just the reticle, and maybe that makes a major difference.Oh, and put me in the "accidently opened the golden chest already" camp. Oh well. Not sweating it.

Odd. I really don't have any problem hitting what I am shooting at. I tend to use scoped weapons, and I am always looking through the scope when firing unless the fight is really close quarters. In that case, I switch to a shotgun and just use the reticle. But even with something that flings lead like an SMG, firing with the scope, my hit percentage is good. Of course I have picked better aim as both a skill and a badass upgrade. But once again, it is rare I am firing using just the reticle, and maybe that makes a major difference.Oh, and put me in the "accidently opened the golden chest already" camp. Oh well. Not sweating it.
In the first game, there was this outpost that had about 6 chests that you could get to if a minute or two. I remember hitting them all, selling the crap, quitting, and resuming. You spawn right back and rinse repeat. I could pull in tens of thousands of $$ in a short period of time and get tons of better weapons very quickly. Those will exist here as well, and I am sure the weapons you can get there will be as good or better than the chest. Of the ones pulled, I already have 2 that are better than the 4 pulled.

'Mad Cow said:
Crap, they closed the golden key cheat already, and I used mine just checking. :( :lol:
I had a feeling they'd fix that. I wonder if the chest will be available for other characters you make.

'Mad Cow said:
I had a feeling they'd fix that. I wonder if the chest will be available for other characters you make.
The way the game works on PC, you know it just got embedded somewhere else. It will be found and editable within a week or two.

'Mad Cow said:
The way the game works on PC, you know it just got embedded somewhere else. It will be found and editable within a week or two.
Weird. Deleted my edited file and replaced it with the backed up original and it still thinks I have the 3 keys that I tested with. :shrug: At least I still haven't opened anything yet.

'TxBuckeye said:
'TLEF316 said:
Where are you finding scoped weapons? At this point (just got to the bully rider). All I've found are 2,000 pistols, 1 crappy shot gun, a semi-auto rifle of some sort, 2 LMGs and 2 assualt rifles. None of them had scopes.

Do you guys have your special orb thing equipped that you got with the pre order it supposedly causes 20 percent more crap to be dropped/found? I have seen a bunch of scoped weapons but currently my only scope is a fire damaging pistol.

I've found a big key to this game as in the first one is to go slowly, search for everything and move on a level ahead of what everyone else is. This stratagey makes all enemies easier and money management easier. (Just like Madcow said).

Users who are viewing this thread