What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUPER BOWL SIG-BET (1 Viewer)

Count me in for the CAROLINA PANTHERS.

I've been talking up the Panthers since September, so no reason to back out now. If I couldn't stand getting hit in the mouth, I should have kept my trap shut.

Besides, it's not like I HATE NE. That honor is reserved for Tampa Bay.

If anybody sees Humping Rhino, who, if I recall correctly has called me a high-schooler, a Moron, and the worst poster on these boards, tell him I said:PUT UP OR SHUT UP.Thanks,HERD

I'm off for a weekend of drinking and hopefully watching the Panthers win the big one. I'll be back Monday night to either take my medicine or do a little gloating. Actually, as a Panther fan I am not sure how to gloat. Maybe some Pats or Bucs fans can give me a few lessons.
Well, there's a lot of whining involved. ;)

If anybody sees Humping Rhino, who, if I recall correctly has called me a high-schooler, a Moron, and the worst poster on these boards, tell him I said:PUT UP OR SHUT UP.Thanks,HERD
What about BGP??? He starts thread after thread spewing garbage all over the place and the little puke doesn't have the cajones to put his rep where his mouth is :rolleyes: what a loser.

What about BGP??? He starts thread after thread spewing garbage all over the place and the little puke doesn't have the cajones to put his rep where his mouth is :rolleyes: what a loser.
I see they locked my BGP, Where are you? thread....What we have here is a win-win-wina. he documents lack of stones and is a no-showb. he drops by to spew nonsensical babble and gets the Pats sig all summerc. the Panthers outplay the Pats and he's still BGP :cool:

Put me in as well for a Pats win as long as I can edit my sig to include the following:

"WE, the Patriots, just weren't good enough today. OUR string of luck finally ran out as WE were beaten by a better team, the Carolina Panthers. I guess MY contribution as a whiny tool to OUR team just wasn't enough, as WE were clearly not the best team in the league this year, not even the best team that starts with a "P." No excuses this time, we just got beat....by the Panthers no less!!!"

damn, I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that this was a 6 month sig bet....Oh well, too late now. Let's go Jake.

Time to change the sig - I guess. :rolleyes: Can I choose which Pats fan creates my sig? Any Pats fan want to be the lucky one to create my sig? I'm taking applications. Be nice!

I'm off for a weekend of drinking and hopefully watching the Panthers win the big one. I'll be back Monday night to either take my medicine or do a little gloating. Actually, as a Panther fan I am not sure how to gloat. Maybe some Pats or Bucs fans can give me a few lessons.
:rotflmao: :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to change the sig - I guess. :rolleyes: Can I choose which Pats fan creates my sig? Any Pats fan want to be the lucky one to create my sig? I'm taking applications. Be nice!
Here ya go Wheel...straight from Herd's post."Much to my disgust, I have to admit it, the Patriots are much better then I thought and are CLEARLY the best team of the year and best NFL franchise of the last Decade. Maybe some day someone can challenge their dominance, although it doesn't look likely"[stuartScott]Booyah![/stuartScott]

:gulp:"This medicine tastes like cough syrup....arghhh..."Great Game everyone. As much as I'm sorry they won, the Pats deserved it. They played a tremendous game and aside from Eugene Wilson getting torched for 3 TDs, they really showed the play of a champion last night. I think the Pats played their best game at the right time. Sig is changed....until September. ARGH.Remember, its TOP-LINE ONLY UNTIL NEXT SEPT. And keep in mind, I'm doing this for those of you who participated. If any other Pats fans decide to weigh in now that the game is over, I suggest you take cover....HERD

Looks great Herd. Don't worry, September will be here before you know it. And besides, this just shows everyone that you are a man of your word..

:gulp:"This medicine tastes like cough syrup....arghhh..."Great Game everyone. As much as I'm sorry they won, the Pats deserved it. They played a tremendous game and aside from Eugene Wilson getting torched for 3 TDs, they really showed the play of a champion last night. I think the Pats played their best game at the right time. Sig is changed....until September. ARGH.Remember, its TOP-LINE ONLY UNTIL NEXT SEPT. And keep in mind, I'm doing this for those of you who participated. If any other Pats fans decide to weigh in now that the game is over, I suggest you take cover....HERD
HERD,Thanks again for picking the Panthers!!! ;)

I am many things Dave, not all of them good, but I am not a liar.HERD
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see you post again with that Sig! :rotflmao: I'm going to have a great summer!!

Because any shorter wouldn't have been interesting.

As it was, some of the most vocal Pats fans avoided this sig-bet like the plague....which just shows that some people who act like die-hards are pretty fair weather.

I was not a Panthers fan, I just hate the Pats. So, I made a sig-bet with some balls and I lost. In the words of Derrick Coleman, "whoodee damn doo." Big Deal. There's a lot more dignity in that then in posting a bunch of "Go Pats Go!" hoopla when the game is over and not putting your ### out there beforehand.

HERD

There's a lot more dignity in that then in posting a bunch of "Go Pats Go!" hoopla when the game is over and not putting your ### out there beforehand.HERD
Agreed.Maybe we can get Maxwell to add a "smallest" font size to the options.... :thumbdown: to Pats fans who didn't sack up and a bigger :thumbdown: to the Carolina defense who refused to show up in the 2nd half.

Because any shorter wouldn't have been interesting.

As it was, some of the most vocal Pats fans avoided this sig-bet like the plague....which just shows that some people who act like die-hards are pretty fair weather.

I was not a Panthers fan, I just hate the Pats. So, I made a sig-bet with some balls and I lost. In the words of Derrick Coleman, "whoodee damn doo." Big Deal. There's a lot more dignity in that then in posting a bunch of "Go Pats Go!" hoopla when the game is over and not putting your ### out there beforehand.

HERD
HERD,I can see why you hate the Pats.....they are a bunch of classy individuals who work hard and play as a team and know how to win!! I can see how that would turn you off!!!!

Sounds like you are whining as well.... :thumbdown:

I'm not whining. I was answering a question. I don't like the Pats because of their fans, and this sig-bet helps prove my point. Many Pats fans are classy, supportive, etc. However, I started a sig-bet and I lost and its not the end of the world. 2 weeks ago, I was called everything from a "Moron" to an "Idiot" to a "High-schooler talking out of his ###" to "the worst poster on the boards" because I wasn't overwhelmed with the Pats. ball_snatchers, you are the only person of the group that insisted on behaving like children that took the Sig-Bet. You are to be commended for standing by your team and believing in them all the way. This morning, I've seen no less then 5 Pats-related threads started by people who were, by their own account, certain of vistory and sure their team would prevail. But like I said, none of them seemed to have that opinion when this Sig-bet was laid out.Its just sad that the worst thing about fair-weather fans is they don't even realize that's what they are.HERD

I was one who avoided this sig bet thing and I am a vocal Pats fan. It has nothing to do with me being a fairwheather fan, either. Some of us feel that sig bets are stupid. I don't need to prove my loyalty to my team by including myself in a sig bet. I knew I'd be back in this forum win, lose or draw and would take my medicine accordingly. I typically don't read someone's sig line so why bother participating in something like that. To those of you who do, go for it. Those that don't shouldn't be chastised by a goat herder and accused of being a johhny come lately. I've been going to Patriots games since the early 70's and was a season ticket holder in the years of Grogan and Hugh Millen. You are a Titans fan I believe...correct? So you've been a fan of theirs for, what, six years?

I was one who avoided this sig bet thing and I am a vocal Pats fan. It has nothing to do with me being a fairwheather fan, either. Some of us feel that sig bets are stupid.
I agree. Im actually a cowboys fan but root for the Pats against everyone BUT Dallas.I only did the sig bet cuz i knew i would win.

I agree. Im actually a cowboys fan but root for the Pats against everyone BUT Dallas.I only did the sig bet cuz i knew i would win.
That's a bold statement Greg.I was on the Pats too but when Muhamid caught that 85 yard td pass with 6 mins to play and went up by 1, I didn't know who was going to win.

I was one who avoided this sig bet thing and I am a vocal Pats fan. It has nothing to do with me being a fairwheather fan, either. Some of us feel that sig bets are stupid. I don't need to prove my loyalty to my team by including myself in a sig bet. I knew I'd be back in this forum win, lose or draw and would take my medicine accordingly. I typically don't read someone's sig line so why bother participating in something like that. To those of you who do, go for it. Those that don't shouldn't be chastised by a goat herder and accused of being a johhny come lately. I've been going to Patriots games since the early 70's and was a season ticket holder in the years of Grogan and Hugh Millen. You are a Titans fan I believe...correct? So you've been a fan of theirs for, what, six years?
Sorry, I'm not buying it. You didn't have any trouble calling me names after they beat the Colts, and now you don't seem to have any trouble weighing in now that the Super Bowl is over. I don't give a rats ### if you want in on a sig bet. It does bother me, however, that you only see fit to run your mouth on the heels of a Patriots win. And for the record, I was an Oilers fan, now a Titans fan because its the same players and the same organization. Needless to say, the Oilers have (technically :yucky: ) been a team for a lot longer then 6 years.HERD

As one Pats fan to another:Whatever helps you sleep at night pal. If you want to pipe in now that they have won and claim that you didn't take it b/c you think these are stupid, then fine. But it looks real bad when you do it on Monday rather than Friday. If you don't read sigs, then you should have took it on principal. What would it matter b/c you don't read sigs? Now, b/c you didn't take it, you look like a johnny-come-lately that doesn't back up his thoughts with actions. I respect Herd because he laid it on the line. He has to wear his badge until September but is fine with that. If you had taken the bet, then he would probably have to say that about you. But you decided that the bet was stupid and instead of proposing something else, you ignored it like the plague. And now on Monday you decide to show up and cry? Please. Give me a break. I used to wonder where that 'Whiny Tool' comment came from. I guess we know now...

Well goat, I must have been running my mouth for the past 15+ weeks then if I'm only running it on the heels of a Pats win. You're the one who called me out by saying fans are 'fairweather' because they didn't sign up for your sig bet thing and then made references to commentary the two of us have had. So I guess the criteria for real football fan is if they participate in one of your sig line posts. Lame.

Well goat, I must have been running my mouth for the past 15+ weeks then if I'm only running it on the heels of a Pats win.
...but never on Saturday nights, only Monday Mornings....HERD

Well goat, I must have been running my mouth for the past 15+ weeks then if I'm only running it on the heels of a Pats win. You're the one who called me out by saying fans are 'fairweather' because they didn't sign up for your sig bet thing and then made references to commentary the two of us have had. So I guess the criteria for real football fan is if they participate in one of your sig line posts. Lame.
Rhino, you were SPECIFICALLY called out in this thread BEFORE the game, yet you choose to hide. You could have came in here last week and pulled your bs about "not believing in sig bets b/c they're stupid", if that was truly how you felt.Instead you hide all week, and then show up with a lame ### excuse AFTER the game. :thumbdown: , you're an embarrassment to real Pat's fans on this board who have ballz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an embarrassment to Pats fans because I didn't sign up for this sig bet. You have got to be kidding me. You guys think you are the cats meow because you "put your name on the line" with a sig bet? Someone please alert the teachers that a couple of the kids escaped from recess today. You have put just a little too much stock in this form of 'betting'. I also started a thread late last week stating that no matter the outcome of the game I would be there to give credit to the Panthers if they were victorious. I complimented their team and gave them credit where credit was do. It's all you yahoo's who have big mouths and spew faulty facts and opinions about certain teams who need this sig bet to try and justify it. If you look at my sig line you won't find anything there. It is because I could care less.

looks like a few panther fans have come through with thier end.not all yet. I think we need a list of posters who are not true to thier word :boxing: :football: GO PATS! :football:

I'm an embarrassment to Pats fans because I didn't sign up for this sig bet. You have got to be kidding me. You guys think you are the cats meow because you "put your name on the line" with a sig bet? Someone please alert the teachers that a couple of the kids escaped from recess today. You have put just a little too much stock in this form of 'betting'. I also started a thread late last week stating that no matter the outcome of the game I would be there to give credit to the Panthers if they were victorious. I complimented their team and gave them credit where credit was do. It's all you yahoo's who have big mouths and spew faulty facts and opinions about certain teams who need this sig bet to try and justify it. If you look at my sig line you won't find anything there. It is because I could care less.
Why didn't you post your feelings about sig bets last week when you were being called out in this thread? :confused:

[sNEAKS IN]My sig line is amended. Great game, and I am pretty proud of the way the Panthers hung with the mighty Pats. The Patrs played great and deserve all the accolades they are getting[/sNEAKS OUT]

"Why didn't you post your feelings about sig bets last week when you were being called out in this thread?"Why? Because of who started the thread and who wanted to bait me into a pissing contest...Goat Herder. The week prior he accused me of stalking him because I would defend many of his ridiculous statements against the Pats even though it was him trolling in the Patriots related threads. He basically asked me not to comment on his threads because of all of my "stalking". So when he started this sig bet thread I noticed it but had no interest in it because (1) I'm not a sig bet guy and (2) I had grown tired of his act. Besides, I reserve the right to comment on whatever I choose.

So it was too much trouble to "comment" before the game? The more you check in, the sillier you look. Nobody cares that you don't like Sigs or didn't want in on this little bet. They care that you only feel the need to speak up when its convenient. Like now. :rotflmao: HERD

"Why didn't you post your feelings about sig bets last week when you were being called out in this thread?"Why? Because of who started the thread and who wanted to bait me into a pissing contest...Goat Herder. The week prior he accused me of stalking him because I would defend many of his ridiculous statements against the Pats even though it was him trolling in the Patriots related threads. He basically asked me not to comment on his threads because of all of my "stalking". So when he started this sig bet thread I noticed it but had no interest in it because (1) I'm not a sig bet guy and (2) I had grown tired of his act. Besides, I reserve the right to comment on whatever I choose.
So you "had no interest b/c you're not a sig bet guy" and "had grown tired of Herd's act" last week, yet you have no problem coming in here today AFTER the game?Why the sudden interest? Aren't you still "tired of Herd's act"?Hmmmmmm..... :confused:

My condolences, Herd. We'll see you and the Titans in the playoffs next year. :thumbup: pssssst: (dynasty) :P

Well, there were a couple of Pats Bashers called out as well BGP being the most prolific author of anti NE propaganda.The guy starts thread after thread after thread and doesn't have the cajones to put a sig on the line :rolleyes:

From one Pats fan (who did do the sig bet, silly or not) to another, Humping, your starting to sound real silly. If you didn't do the sig bet because you don't do sig bets, and you didn't tell people that before the game, and you didn't tell people because you were boycotting any post made by Herd, and blah, blah, blah..... If you weren't part of this thread before the game, why not stay out of it now?I'm the first guy to bust balls to any and all. If you can't gloat over your team winning the Superbowl...what can you gloat over?Your just looking silly by gloating in this thread when it really looks like you had no balls up front. Sorry dude, just looks that way. :thumbdown:

I went out of town for a conference on Monday and got back last night. My side of the deal is honored now.

How can the "last decade" be "2000-2003"? It's posted right above. Not trying to cause a stir, but I was just wondering. Maybe it should say "this decade"? I think the last ten years could have some good arguements. But we'll save those for later.

You miss the point: Pats fans certainly think their team is one of the best of the last decade - or last 10 years. Whether thats correct or not is a battle for another day. The point of this Sig-Bet was to give the winner some satisfaction as the loser has to cop to something they probably wouldn't admit to normally, like the "best team of the decade" line.HERD

I hear ya.. I was just going by what was given to us. The last decade. To me, that is this decade. The Pats the best team of the last ten years? I don't know about that. But they are the best team of this decade, so far... by a good margin. I'll change it though so they won't... nevermind.

You miss the point: Pats fans certainly think their team is one of the best of the last decade - or last 10 years. Whether thats correct or not is a battle for another day. The point of this Sig-Bet was to give the winner some satisfaction as the loser has to cop to something they probably wouldn't admit to normally, like the "best team of the decade" line.HERD
I just said 2000-2003 isn't a decade....its this decade. I didn't miss anyone's points. The last decade is a fair case for a Pat fan or non-Pat fan, and 2000-2003 is a no brainer that NE is the best. Easy fella.

I know I'm late with this; I've been "busy" this week. You have six months to look at it anyway. :bag:

Changing my sig is a small price to pay for watching the Panthers play a heck of a game. I just hope I get a shot at redemption next season; I'll be cheering my Panthers on to SBXXXIX in Jacksonville.

GO PANTHERS!!

Users who are viewing this thread