What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

Is it your experience that the units undervalue the warrant part of their structure?   I seem to see that in the pricing when i look at all three separately (even account that a unit only has 1/2-1/3 of a warrant).
I haven't looked closely enough to be able to say. The few times I've checked, there didn't seem to be enough of a difference to be worth pursuing. You will see posts on r/SPACs occasionally claiming arbitrage opportunities. I'm sure they exist on occasion.

I haven't looked closely enough to be able to say. The few times I've checked, there didn't seem to be enough of a difference to be worth pursuing. You will see posts on r/SPACs occasionally claiming arbitrage opportunities. I'm sure they exist on occasion.
There is but it’s usually volume based. Sometimes a good deal turns into a bad deal by the time you get a limit order to fill

:lmao:  is there any upside to cobalt. I have a very hefty amount of that stock and it’s propping me up lately. I’m in the green! Never thought I’d see that again!
Oh yeah, I've been updating the board here with metal prices, but they tend to get lost in the shuffle.  Cobalt is an essential part of the lithium-ion battery chemistry and to date, there isn't a substitute.  65% of the world's cobalt comes from the DRC and the last time prices rose, the artisan miners (think dads with kids and picks and shovels digging for rocks) flooded the market with supply and prices crashed.  That's still a risk, but right now the big boy miners have either halted or suppressed their operations because 1) COVID and 2) prices weren't worth the headache of refining this by-product metal.  

So this price rise is real and while there is another risk of an artisan mining response, most of the easy digging has been done.  And with EV adoption rate looking more and more real, the world is going to need a LOT of cobalt to implement the seachange in autos.  

Which brings us back to this stupid assssssssssss company.  They do have real property with good cobalt deposits and the ability to prove ethical sourcing through blockchain is legit.  Dude, we might actually have something here.  

But still, I wouldn't blame you for selling now that you're green or close to green.  I might unload a little here, though honestly, it's a lottery ticket at this point.  

Oh yeah, I've been updating the board here with metal prices, but they tend to get lost in the shuffle.  Cobalt is an essential part of the lithium-ion battery chemistry and to date, there isn't a substitute.  65% of the world's cobalt comes from the DRC and the last time prices rose, the artisan miners (think dads with kids and picks and shovels digging for rocks) flooded the market with supply and prices crashed.  That's still a risk, but right now the big boy miners have either halted or suppressed their operations because 1) COVID and 2) prices weren't worth the headache of refining this by-product metal.  

So this price rise is real and while there is another risk of an artisan mining response, most of the easy digging has been done.  And with EV adoption rate looking more and more real, the world is going to need a LOT of cobalt to implement the seachange in autos.  

Which brings us back to this stupid assssssssssss company.  They do have real property with good cobalt deposits and the ability to prove ethical sourcing through blockchain is legit.  Dude, we might actually have something here.  

But still, I wouldn't blame you for selling now that you're green or close to green.  I might unload a little here, though honestly, it's a lottery ticket at this point.  
If only I could interest the folks at Reddit about this one....man.

Limit order in for 200 shares.

100 more RIOT today ... still cranking .. absolute crazyness

2000 ARBKF ... the RIOT "mini-me". Thanks for whoever in here pointed that one out. Up bigly today.

@hooter311, a week ago RIOT was trading about $10 less than GTBC.  Now that's reversed.  Is that what you would have expected?  Any thoughts on the short term outlook of how they will trade in relation to each other?  

I'm in both so just curious.  

This is new and frustrating - I've sold a few stocks today, stuff I've held for at least a week. In the past I could use that money immediately to buy another stock. Now E-Trade isn't allowing me to use those funds. 

I'm probably going to transfer these accounts from from E-Trade to Schwab.

Nah it’s just a lottery ticket. It was already money sunk so I’ll just keep that viewpoint and let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

@General Malaise. What's the stock symbol?

Or AACQ.  Poppin' on something.
Rumored to merge with Origin Materials. I think there's quite a bit of potential there.

“Origin Materials, a chemical-technology company, is in talks to go public via a merger with blank-check firm Artius Acquisition Inc., according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Deliberations are ongoing and may not lead to a transaction, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.

A representative for Artius, a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, declined to comment. Representatives for Origin Materials didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Origin Materials extracts chemicals from plants that are used to make a more environmentally friendly version of plastic, according to its website. Its partners and customers include Nestle SA, Danone SA and PepsiCo Inc.

Origin Materials is building a new plant in Ontario, it said in a press release in November.

Artius raised $630 million in an initial public offering in July.”

Or AACQ.  Poppin' on something.
Origin Materials rumor from a few days ago. Haven't seen anything else.

Haven't seen anything more than speculation on HAAC, Color being the most frequent reference. But it's all wish list #### as far as I can tell.

@General Malaise. What's the stock symbol?
It's a Canadian stock, but trades here under COBCF.  This is NOT a recommendation to buy, however.  Cappy and I are just stubborn olds who refused to sell this thing because really, it wasn't even worth selling at the ultra lows.  But hey, here we are, back in the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a resource name that's actually got a terrific future, I continue to hammer on Alphamin Resources.  One of the very few good tin plays out there and tin is going to be a headliner very soon for its scarcity.  AFMJF trades today at $0.47 cents but I could see this thing getting wild as investors look for a way to play the looming tin shortage.

It's a Canadian stock, but trades here under COBCF.  This is NOT a recommendation to buy, however.  Cappy and I are just stubborn olds who refused to sell this thing because really, it wasn't even worth selling at the ultra lows.  But hey, here we are, back in the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a resource name that's actually got a terrific future, I continue to hammer on Alphamin Resources.  One of the very few good tin plays out there and tin is going to be a headliner very soon for its scarcity.  AFMJF trades today at $0.47 cents but I could see this thing getting wild as investors look for a way to play the looming tin shortage.
i'm up 10% on this already.  Thanks!

Looming? Just looked at the tin spot price chart. Looks like BTC.

Opened half a position in PLTR at 27.50. 
I just added another 100 shares (had 100  @21.8) and added 24 more shares of AXON. Not really doing much but willing to sit on those for a while. If they go a little lower I’ll add more. Kind of sitting right for the most part. Down a little more than the market today.

Just bought FUSE based on Lupton recommendation.
His rec came out around 3:10pm and FUSE at 11.08, everyone who got it started buying and it was 12.07 at 3:14. 

Not a bad gig, get paid to send out a recommendation after starting a position in said recommendation.

His rec came out around 3:10pm and FUSE at 11.08, everyone who got it started buying and it was 12.07 at 3:14. 

Not a bad gig, get paid to send out a recommendation after starting a position in said recommendation.
Impressive.  That's quite the following to get it to jump like that.

Back in $PLTR, also added some $NNOX and $FLGT.

And now I'm damn near out of cash again after being as much as 17% last week, waiting for the fire sale. I have a real hard time keeping it on the sidelines when things I like dip, even if its not "the big one." 

He is moving the market on small caps, no question.   If you can anticipate his moves and/or tail them closely it has been money in the bank...similar to Cathie Wood and ARK but not as well known so its easier to get in early.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, they’ve been saying it for a while. That said, that’s the lowest valuation I’ve seen. I don’t get why they wouldn’t pull out and do an IPO. Get a $12B valuation and sell 1/6th of the company for $2B or go IPO and sense huge demand, ratchet up share price so you get $2B in cash but sell it based on $60B valuation you’re saying you should get and you give up only 1/30th of the company.

I don’t see how CCIV can strike a deal for a $12B valuation. Lucid would be screwing themselves when everyone is basically saying you are worth way more. Give up 16% of the company instead of 3-4% for the same amount of cash?

I know, they’ve been saying it for a while. That said, that’s the lowest valuation I’ve seen. I don’t get why they wouldn’t pull out and do an IPO. Get a $12B valuation and sell 1/6th of the company for $2B or go IPO and sense huge demand, ratchet up share price so you get $2B in cash but sell it based on $60B valuation you’re saying you should get and you give up only 1/30th of the company.

I don’t see how CCIV can strike a deal for a $12B valuation. Lucid would be screwing themselves when everyone is basically saying you are worth way more. Give up 16% of the company instead of 3-4% for the same amount of cash?

LUCID isn't going to agree to an unfair or below market valuation.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread