What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (27 Viewers)

Sold 75% of my RIOT for a 25% gain.  Freerolling the rest.  Not sure I am ever going to get a quick hitter like that again paying 25% in half a day.

Yeah once you're over 50 or so, you're basically an index fund... Just buy SPY and let them do the work for you, it'll be tough to beat their return in the long run, it's basically tracking the whole market. 
SPY didn’t do 114% last year. SPY is at 4.5% this year and I’m at 9.4% carrying 10% cash, 30 percent Amazon....my bond fund, and 1% UVXY. Why would I want to hold bad stocks when people here are posting all the good stocks?

I am no expert but imho, you’re holding about ten times as many positions as you should be. Personally, I find it tough to track my holdings once I get to about 18 or 20. The idea of having 159 positions is unfathomable to me and, I suspect, against the recommendations of experts. 

It’s really just a high risk mutual fund.  😉
My mutual fund holdings are less than 2%. I feel like I need to be diversified for safety. 

I would rather not be holding this many stocks but I don’t want to miss out on Gems like Riot, Ballard, Butterfly, etc. If you guys were so good at identifying these guys I wouldn’t have this issue. 

Here’s one I might trim. Billy Beanea SPAC RBAC Was suggested by several people here. Sounds like a good story but are people in the business world going to take him seriously? Hi only hold 20 shares so this seems like a good place to start trimming. Thoughts?

Yeah once you're over 50 or so, you're basically an index fund... Just buy SPY and let them do the work for you, it'll be tough to beat their return in the long run, it's basically tracking the whole market. 
Tough to beat SPY in the long run, but exceedingly easy in the short term lately.  Obviously that bubble will burst eventually but I think the FBG index over the last 5 months or so is up like 300% alongside SPY being up 17%.

Here’s one I might trim. Billy Beanea SPAC RBAC Was suggested by several people here. Sounds like a good story but are people in the business world going to take him seriously? Hi only hold 20 shares so this seems like a good place to start trimming. Thoughts?
I don't want anything to do with the celebrity SPACs, though I wouldn't be shocked if 1 hits with something. I'd much prefer to look for management teams like HAAC has.

This probably belongs in the penny stock thread, but I don't frequent there and $FORT caught my eye tonight. Don't think I can trade it on TD, but probably is available on fidelity. 

Market cap = ~26 million

Cash = 7.4M

Bitcoin = 163 coins at ~50K = 8M

Mining ~.15 coins / day -> ~2.8M in revenue at ~50K. Operating costs of ~1M / year. 

Q4 financials should come out soon which may help it get 'discovered'. Fundamentally, I'm not sure it's a great biz, but compared to the other miners does seem to be undervalued. 

Caveat emptor penny stocks usually don't work - do your own diligence :)
Not available on Fidelity.

You guys looking at PLTR as a quick hitter or longer term hold?
I think this is a stock like a few others that is probably good for both, but if you're buying as a longer term hold there will probably be better entries because right now it is going up on pure momentum.

I would say the same about something like BLDP.  Great Todem rec, awesome $22-25 stock with huge upside in the coming years.  But right now you have to buy it in the 30's (or even 40's last week) because it got swept up as a PLUG/BLNK momentum sympathy play.

I'm at most half that 102 and feel like it's too many.  
It’s not that bad for me, but I’ve also never touched most of the stocks I’ve purchased. I probably make a few trades a week at most, mainly adding. Believe me, no way I could handle that if I was going in and out daily.

My self directed stocks are about 90% of my overall investments, so it’s not a side trading account and I don’t have lots of tiny holdings. I just rolled over my wife’s old 401k to Fidelity (up 20% in 4 weeks woohoo!) so it’s our current 401ks and IRAs/Cash accounts all at one Fidelity. It’s really nice having everything in one place, makes it way easier to manage.

I’m also up around 150% since the start of 2020 including new contributions, so I’ll stick with it until it’s not working. I’m sure %wise some folks in here with huge concentrations in baller stuff (like hooter) have me beat, but I’m really happy with the returns and the “perceived” lower risk, Lol, of 102 stocks.

BTW, on the Todem list EXC today has dropped a good bit and is at the bottom of it's channel.  For those looking for a good utility (3.6% yield) this might be a good entry.

Yes, it's boring.
I have some because of Todem and I noticed that too. Might dip my toes in to see if I can get a quick hitter for a few hundred.

I hope they buy through MSTR. Its been a dog compared to MARA MOGO GBTC DMGGF RIOT
Market didn't react well to them staking to buy another 900 million in btc.

I personally love it.  It will effectively put them in control of 1/200 of the worldwide btc supply.

The interest earning potential on that reserve alone is quite juicy imo.

I've been buying more. Up to about 50 shares.

Out at $75.60
Probably a good call. The mining stocks seem way overheated. BTC up 4% and mining company up 20%+ doesn’t fully jive. I think the mining stocks are easier to buy and inflate (sort of like GME/AMC without the squeeze). I’m sticking with straight Bitcoin as I add more. I don’t have a lot yet. 

Probably a good call. The mining stocks seem way overheated. BTC up 4% and mining company up 20%+ doesn’t fully jive. I think the mining stocks are easier to buy and inflate (sort of like GME/AMC without the squeeze). I’m sticking with straight Bitcoin as I add more. I don’t have a lot yet. 
Miners have been using the bitcoin they mine to buy more miners.  That explains some of the exponential growth.

Users who are viewing this thread