Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Looks like it might be $HZON (SPAC to merge with Sportradar).

Link

Hey, I own some of that! :excited:

Sentiment around SPACs has cooled off so much that I'll be really interested to see what kind of a pop this produces. If SPACmania isn't actually dead, this last week has been littered with fantastic buying opportunities. HZON was regarded as one of the better-managed SPACs and it closed at $10.12 today. Plenty of other good ones essentially trading at NAV. 

 

Edited by caustic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, McBokonon said:

SPAC How-to from an email I just got from a fintwit follow, good basic primer:

5 Steps to Buying Units:

1. Download a quality brokerage that doesn't rhyme with Shrobinhood. The reason for this is because you need to have a brokerage with customer service that will answer your calls. Common brokerages include: Schwab, TD Ameritrade: Think or Swim, Interactive Brokers, E-Trade, Fidelity. 

(If you want more info on which brokerage to choose, DM me on Twitter @SPACdaddy or elsewhere & I'll tell you which one is the move for you)

2. To find units of your favorite SPACs, search the ticker and click on the one that has a U .U or /U. For example, if you're looking units of Goldman Sachs Acquistion Corp (GSAH), it will look like GSAH/U. Warrants will look like GSAH/WS and the commons are just GSAH. 

3. Look up what fraction of the Warrant is in the Unit. Usually it'll be 1/2w to 1/5w. If you buy GSAH/U, which have 1/4w, every 4 units will yield you 4 commons and 1 warrant (4 units * 1/4w = 1w, 4 commons). It's very simple once you understand the math, don't overthink it. 

Some more basic math: If you buy 4 shares of GSAH/U for $12/Unit, that means you are technically paying ~$8 for each warrant (SPAC common = $10, 1/4 Warrant = $2, so 4 units * 1/4w = 4 commons & 1 full warrant). Now technicalities don't always matter because sometimes theres a discount/arbitrage play to be made. A unit can be trading at $12.50/U while the common is at $12.20/share... so basically the fractional warrants just serve as the cherry on top. 

4. Next up, find the SPAC you like during the greenshoe period and buy Units. After the 45-52 day greenshoe period is over, the SPAC will announce the "Separate trading of it's shares" aka splitting the units into commons and warrants. This is when Robinhooders flood the commons and jack up the price. Essentially, this is a way to get in before the madness. 

5. The greenshoe is over after 45-52 days and it's time to split your units. Call your brokerage & repeat these magical words verbatim:

"PLEASE MAKE A CONTRACT REQUEST TO THE RE-ORG GROUP TO SPLIT MY SPAC UNITS OF _ _ _ _ /U"

There you have it folks. Your units will split into commons & warrants in 1-2 business days and you've managed to buy SPAC shares before the Robinhood hype.

Ok, I'll be the one guy that admits he's not getting this...

So, in Michael Scott from The Office terms please... What's the angle?

You would end up with more common shares than if you just bought the commons initially?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Ok, I'll be the one guy that admits he's not getting this...

So, in Michael Scott from The Office terms please... What's the angle?

You would end up with more common shares than if you just bought the commons initially?

Basically, the commons aren’t available immediately, just the units. It’s difficult for traders on RH to get their units split into commons and warrants because you need to call and they don’t really have customer service. So they wait until commons are available and buy the SPAC then. This rush causes the price on your existing shares to spike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, caustic said:

Hey, I own some of that! :excited:

Sentiment around SPACs has cooled off so much that I'll be really interested to see what kind of a pop this produces. If SPACmania isn't actually dead, this last week has been littered with fantastic buying opportunities. HZON was regarded as one of the better-managed SPACs and it closed at $10.12 today. Plenty of other good ones essentially trading at NAV. 

 

Hovering around 12 premarket. Remember RH traders can’t buy until market hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

$DKNG is partnering with DISH so you can bet on your tv through the latter’s services. They’re crushing it. Also makes FUBO’s differentiator seem meaningless.

I'm kinda bullish on DK but I read that they spend 80% of revenue on ads. That doesn't seem sustainable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Buckna said:

Ugh, meant to buy this Friday. Then forgot about it over the weekend. Up another 15% after hours?

UWMC Now up 25% in premarket after a 20% day yesterday!

Edited by Buckna
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, McBokonon said:

3. Look up what fraction of the Warrant is in the Unit. Usually it'll be 1/2w to 1/5w. If you buy GSAH/U, which have 1/4w, every 4 units will yield you 4 commons and 1 warrant (4 units * 1/4w = 1w, 4 commons). It's very simple once you understand the math, don't overthink it. 

Some more basic math: If you buy 4 shares of GSAH/U for $12/Unit, that means you are technically paying ~$8 for each warrant (SPAC common = $10, 1/4 Warrant = $2, so 4 units * 1/4w = 4 commons & 1 full warrant). 

I'm not following the math here.  How do you get the $10/$2 split?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wild Young Billy said:

I'm kinda bullish on DK but I read that they spend 80% of revenue on ads. That doesn't seem sustainable. 

It’s not but we’re in the early part of the online betting land grab stage so it makes sense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Buckna said:

UWMC Now up 25% in premarket after a 20% day yesterday!

Sold some at $11.39.

Kicking myself for not selling some Amazon and buying more when it was in the 7s.  PE was 5 at one point with a dividend around 7%.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, JAA said:

The only play Im pretty solid on the next couple weeks is DKNG.  I have pretty high confidence March Madness is going to put people in a good mood.  We need another UMBC or nuns-in-chairs to get the fires hawt!

I cant pick penny stocks (at least so far) but Im feeling good about my DKNG projection.  Im in at a coast basis 60.4440 and originally was hoping for 20%.  Ive passed that and not even gotten to MM.

Now I need it to go up by about 2000% to cover my current hodl penny stocks

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

$DKNG is partnering with DISH so you can bet on your tv through the latter’s services. They’re crushing it. Also makes FUBO’s differentiator seem meaningless.

I've never gotten the argument for the bold anyways.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I'm not following the math here.  How do you get the $10/$2 split?

For his 4 unit example, the total cost would be $48 dollars. Within those 4 units you have 4 common shares, each valued at $10. That explains $40 of the $48. You also get 1/4 of a warrant per unit. So, in those 4 units you also have 1 full warrant, valued at the remaining $8. That makes each 1/4 unit cost $2. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, McBokonon said:

5. The greenshoe is over after 45-52 days and it's time to split your units. Call your brokerage & repeat these magical words verbatim:

"PLEASE MAKE A CONTRACT REQUEST TO THE RE-ORG GROUP TO SPLIT MY SPAC UNITS OF _ _ _ _ /U"

There you have it folks. Your units will split into commons & warrants in 1-2 business days and you've managed to buy SPAC shares before the Robinhood hype.

Most brokerages are going to charge a fee for this piece. They'll split automatically with the merger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What does this mean?

    

BRIEF-Sundial Growers Files For Stock Shelf Of Up To 98.33 Mln Common Shares By Selling Shareholder
BY Reuters
March 3 (Reuters) - Sundial Growers Inc ( SNDL 😞

* SUNDIAL GROWERS INC FILES FOR STOCK SHELF OF UP TO 98.33 MILLION COMMON SHARES BY THE SELLING SHAREHOLDER - SEC FILING

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

What does this mean?

    

BRIEF-Sundial Growers Files For Stock Shelf Of Up To 98.33 Mln Common Shares By Selling Shareholder
BY Reuters
March 3 (Reuters) - Sundial Growers Inc ( SNDL 😞

* SUNDIAL GROWERS INC FILES FOR STOCK SHELF OF UP TO 98.33 MILLION COMMON SHARES BY THE SELLING SHAREHOLDER - SEC FILING

I think the take-home message is that weed is good for you, and we should all smoke more. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Most brokerages are going to charge a fee for this piece. They'll split automatically with the merger.

Fidelity does not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

What does this mean?

    

BRIEF-Sundial Growers Files For Stock Shelf Of Up To 98.33 Mln Common Shares By Selling Shareholder
BY Reuters
March 3 (Reuters) - Sundial Growers Inc ( SNDL 😞

* SUNDIAL GROWERS INC FILES FOR STOCK SHELF OF UP TO 98.33 MILLION COMMON SHARES BY THE SELLING SHAREHOLDER - SEC FILING

It means they're authorizing, but not necessarily offering for sale (yet), that many new shares. They become part of the company's treasury, and they can sell them some time in the future if they need/want to do so. Basically, they're registering new shares to sell at some point in the next few years (3 iirc).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kevzilla said:

The whole cannabis cohort is up, except STMH. Should change the ticker to SMDH.

Down again today. Was damn near a two-bagger for me not too long ago, almost back to even.:hot:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

$DKNG is partnering with DISH so you can bet on your tv through the latter’s services. They’re crushing it. Also makes FUBO’s differentiator seem meaningless.

Like half of my stocks are betting related, but this is overblown imo. Just talking in all our gambling group chats about it, nobody seems the least bit interested. Apps on TVs take forever to load and move to the next screen. I can only imagine trying to get a bet placed. Why do we need this when almost everybody betting has a smart phone with a much better app?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It means they're authorizing, but not necessarily offering for sale (yet), that many new shares. They become part of the company's treasury, and they can sell them some time in the future if they need/want to do so. Basically, they're registering new shares to sell at some point in the next few years (3 iirc).

"Sundial's current balance sheet and liquidity enable management to focus on delighting consumers while providing significant optionality to participate in North American consolidation," Sundial CEO Zachary George said in a press release.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else wondering why DMGGF sucks so hard to day?

DMG Blockchain (TSXV: DMGI) this morning announced that it will be conducting a large financing. The firm will look to raise C$70.0 million via a private placement that is to be conducted with US based institutional investors only.


The financing will see the company issue 23.3 million units of the company, with each unit containing one common share and one half warrant at a price of $3.00 per unit. Each warrant is valid for three years following the date of issuance at an exercise price of $3.55 per common share.

Proceeds from the financing are to be used for infrastructure expansion and equipment purchases, investment in digital currencies, potential acquisitions and partnerships, software development, the expansion of marketing, and working capital and general corporate purposes.

The financing is currently slated to close March 5, 2021.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Capella said:

💸💸💸💸

No ####. I’m getting crushed again. Amazing to see stocks crush it, go up and then 3 days later be under where they were before the report.

I’m thinking about trimming some AMZN solely for more cash. It’s gone down slower than a lot of my long term buys that I think have higher ceilings. Was thinking about it yesterday and wish I pulled the trigger.

I had a feeling it wasn’t over but still going to hang out and see where we land. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cheese said:

Like half of my stocks are betting related, but this is overblown imo. Just talking in all our gambling group chats about it, nobody seems the least bit interested. Apps on TVs take forever to load and move to the next screen. I can only imagine trying to get a bet placed. Why do we need this when almost everybody betting has a smart phone with a much better app?

Agree, seems like a desperate ploy by Dish. I just dumped them finally. Had to get my wife finally on board. Hulu Live isn’t as cheap as it once was but it’s so much more convenient and portable and it’s half the price.

I don’t bet but I can’t imagine thinking I’d want to do it on TV versus my phone while I watch something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Desert_Power said:

High betas giveth and high betas taketh away.

No kidding. It’s like no one remembers March of last year. I may nibble now that I’ve got more ammo, but like last week, I just don’t feel like it’s over. So many stocks I have/watch are down 20-30% off their highs. Not worried long term, but the stuff I added in February was a week early. Didn’t buy full shares just smaller amounts so I guess the follow up buys will be cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Anyone else wondering why DMGGF sucks so hard to day?

DMG Blockchain (TSXV: DMGI) this morning announced that it will be conducting a large financing. The firm will look to raise C$70.0 million via a private placement that is to be conducted with US based institutional investors only.


The financing will see the company issue 23.3 million units of the company, with each unit containing one common share and one half warrant at a price of $3.00 per unit. Each warrant is valid for three years following the date of issuance at an exercise price of $3.55 per common share.

Proceeds from the financing are to be used for infrastructure expansion and equipment purchases, investment in digital currencies, potential acquisitions and partnerships, software development, the expansion of marketing, and working capital and general corporate purposes.

The financing is currently slated to close March 5, 2021.

seems all positive momentum but the major dip is puzzling after it shot up to $3 early hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...