What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (30 Viewers)

I’m not going to sell. I don’t think it’s going to go under and I’ve seen how volatile it can go both ways, so for now I’m hoping to at least break even. It seems I bought FLGT NNOX CRSP and EBS at the exact point they nose dived. I’m taking it as a lesson in patience and also a lesson where I’m going to be more of a VTSAX total stock market guy except for a handful of solid companies and of course SE.
Having bought NNOX at the same point, I've also learned a lesson ...

don't tail steelerfan.

What are the non day traders looking at it anything? Any decent opportunities out there? I recently added to my REITs although I’m heavy in real estate I see that sector continuing to be strong as spaces lease back up. Have cash I need to put to work but hard to find opportunities. 

What are the non day traders looking at it anything? Any decent opportunities out there? I recently added to my REITs although I’m heavy in real estate I see that sector continuing to be strong as spaces lease back up. Have cash I need to put to work but hard to find opportunities. 
What REITs? No concern about rates rising?

I’m in WPC and Vanguard right now, was in O in the past. I don’t think rates rise high enough to hurt too bad but I’ve been wrong in the past. 
Thanks. Already overweight WPC, SPG, and IIPR.

As to your question, I bought MELI right around here on the way down. I like it just as well on the way up. If I didn't own so much of it already, I'd make a bet on HAAC at these prices, but it's purely speculative and 100% a bet on that management team (Livongo founders). They wrote a freaking manifesto to accompany their SPAC on the opportunity that exists in healthcare because of the issues that exist in healthcare. Literally.

I'm kicking around AXON, NVDA, MUDS and NNOX (ducks), while looking for things I like that might be less growth and more recovery plays (Most of which look like they've already, well, recovered).

ETA: Despite what I typed about HAAC, I am intending it to be a long-term hold, obviously pending a DA and whatever may follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of SPACS, I'm still holding VCVC (in at ~10.50) and HZAC (in at ~11.00).  They have been hovering right around/ just under $10 so no real reason to sell right now, but man are these annoying :lol:  

Speaking of SPACS, I'm still holding VCVC (in at ~10.50) and HZAC (in at ~11.00).  They have been hovering right around/ just under $10 so no real reason to sell right now, but man are these annoying :lol:  
I got my basis out of CMLF, STIC, GHVI, and NGA, so I'm freerolling the rest of my shares on those, but I'm right there with you on VCVC. I was waiting for the secondary push that never came to get my basis out. I think all the post-DA SPACs are going to languish now until they reach the DKNG point of proving they can put up consistent results post-merger. We're probably in the position of either holding long-term for that to happen, deciding to cut bait, or getting interim news that pops it up a bit so we can get out with modest gains. I'm honestly not sure where I stand with them, so there's a decent chance I could be swayed by a 10% or so bump if something could drive that.

VGAC is just getting ridiculous. Closed at 10.01. Isn’t 10.00 the floor? I know it can technically trade in the 9’s, but how is the 23andme merger not worth more than NAV? I’m tempted to dump Chet money into it......

VGAC is just getting ridiculous. Closed at 10.01. Isn’t 10.00 the floor? I know it can technically trade in the 9’s, but how is the 23andme merger not worth more than NAV? I’m tempted to dump Chet money into it......
I am confused by this one too. Seems like a lot of growth potential with solid money and leadership behind it to provide fuel. It will likely be the first SPAC I own that converts to stock (unless VACQ gets there first), so I'm leary about putting more in even though it seems like a real bargain. 

Steeler said:
Add SRNGU to this list

I am confused by this one too. Seems like a lot of growth potential with solid money and leadership behind it to provide fuel. It will likely be the first SPAC I own that converts to stock (unless VACQ gets there first), so I'm leary about putting more in even though it seems like a real bargain. 
Re:  VGAC

I sort of did a 180 on this one and got out weeks ago.  Just because they collect a lot of data doesn't necessarily mean its good data, highly accurate with how it's collected or even useful.   I don't know their process so I could be way off.  Mostly for me it was the lack of support from the big data and disruptive hawks (Cathie Wood types) that made me decided to take my dwindled profits and get out.    

steelerfan1 said:
I’m not going to sell. I don’t think it’s going to go under and I’ve seen how volatile it can go both ways, so for now I’m hoping to at least break even. It seems I bought FLGT NNOX CRSP and EBS at the exact point they nose dived. I’m taking it as a lesson in patience and also a lesson where I’m going to be more of a VTSAX total stock market guy except for a handful of solid companies and of course SE.
Same here...almost exact same boat. But I'm holding all of these as 5 to 10 year investments and deal with the short term consequences. 

This thread needs some meme stock talk.

Ryan Cohen to be appointed Chairman of the Board after 6/9 meeting. 

Shareholder record date to vote: 4/20

Redditors are now calling their brokers to "recall"/make sure their shares aren't being lent out so they can vote.

Can someone smarter than me tell we're about to launch?

Also if you don't think Cohen is in on it for the apes checkout those dates.

Curious how many are free after day trading?
The stock would have to go below $39/share for me to lose money on GME for the year. And since I value the company at the $180 it trades at, I would never sell anywhere below $170.

Right now I just own two stocks Funko and GameStop in my trading account. I am essentially long on both until something significant happens. I prefer having the rest of my cash reserves on the sidelines right now.

My IRA consists of GameStop, Peloton, PayPal, and Funko.

Users who are viewing this thread