Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:
2 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

And to think a short time ago, I was actually happy that I locked in at $160 for FLGT...

Glad I sold some up there but I've been just watching this thing fall. Not wanting to lock in the loss.

Time to get in?

• Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, JAA said:

Time to get in?

I’m not going to spend anymore money on it. If need be I’ll cut my losses but I’m planning on holding until end of year hoping something happens but not going to spend a penny more on CRSP NNOX or FLGT.

• Thanks 2

What are the non day traders looking at it anything? Any decent opportunities out there? I recently added to my REITs although I’m heavy in real estate I see that sector continuing to be strong as spaces lease back up. Have cash I need to put to work but hard to find opportunities. 

18 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

What are the non day traders looking at it anything? Any decent opportunities out there? I recently added to my REITs although I’m heavy in real estate I see that sector continuing to be strong as spaces lease back up. Have cash I need to put to work but hard to find opportunities. 

What REITs? No concern about rates rising?

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What REITs? No concern about rates rising?

I’m in WPC and Vanguard right now, was in O in the past. I don’t think rates rise high enough to hurt too bad but I’ve been wrong in the past. 

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

I’m in WPC and Vanguard right now, was in O in the past. I don’t think rates rise high enough to hurt too bad but I’ve been wrong in the past. 

Thanks. Already overweight WPC, SPG, and IIPR.

As to your question, I bought MELI right around here on the way down. I like it just as well on the way up. If I didn't own so much of it already, I'd make a bet on HAAC at these prices, but it's purely speculative and 100% a bet on that management team (Livongo founders). They wrote a freaking manifesto to accompany their SPAC on the opportunity that exists in healthcare because of the issues that exist in healthcare. Literally.

I'm kicking around AXON, NVDA, MUDS and NNOX (ducks), while looking for things I like that might be less growth and more recovery plays (Most of which look like they've already, well, recovered).

ETA: Despite what I typed about HAAC, I am intending it to be a long-term hold, obviously pending a DA and whatever may follow.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of SPACS, I'm still holding VCVC (in at ~10.50) and HZAC (in at ~11.00).  They have been hovering right around/ just under $10 so no real reason to sell right now, but man are these annoying :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Speaking of SPACS, I'm still holding VCVC (in at ~10.50) and HZAC (in at ~11.00).  They have been hovering right around/ just under $10 so no real reason to sell right now, but man are these annoying :lol: 

I got my basis out of CMLF, STIC, GHVI, and NGA, so I'm freerolling the rest of my shares on those, but I'm right there with you on VCVC. I was waiting for the secondary push that never came to get my basis out. I think all the post-DA SPACs are going to languish now until they reach the DKNG point of proving they can put up consistent results post-merger. We're probably in the position of either holding long-term for that to happen, deciding to cut bait, or getting interim news that pops it up a bit so we can get out with modest gains. I'm honestly not sure where I stand with them, so there's a decent chance I could be swayed by a 10% or so bump if something could drive that.

• Like 1

VGAC is just getting ridiculous. Closed at 10.01. Isn’t 10.00 the floor? I know it can technically trade in the 9’s, but how is the 23andme merger not worth more than NAV? I’m tempted to dump Chet money into it......

9 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

VGAC is just getting ridiculous. Closed at 10.01. Isn’t 10.00 the floor? I know it can technically trade in the 9’s, but how is the 23andme merger not worth more than NAV? I’m tempted to dump Chet money into it......

I am confused by this one too. Seems like a lot of growth potential with solid money and leadership behind it to provide fuel. It will likely be the first SPAC I own that converts to stock (unless VACQ gets there first), so I'm leary about putting more in even though it seems like a real bargain. 

14 hours ago, Steeler said:

Add SRNGU to this list

37 minutes ago, Keerock said:

SOS putting out an SOS pre-market

Can I ask what people like about SOS?  I know very little but the company doesnt seem appetizing.

4 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I am confused by this one too. Seems like a lot of growth potential with solid money and leadership behind it to provide fuel. It will likely be the first SPAC I own that converts to stock (unless VACQ gets there first), so I'm leary about putting more in even though it seems like a real bargain. 

Re:  VGAC

I sort of did a 180 on this one and got out weeks ago.  Just because they collect a lot of data doesn't necessarily mean its good data, highly accurate with how it's collected or even useful.   I don't know their process so I could be way off.  Mostly for me it was the lack of support from the big data and disruptive hawks (Cathie Wood types) that made me decided to take my dwindled profits and get out.    

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

GME has announced it's plan to name Cohen as chairman of the board.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gamestop-stock-rallies-after-plans-to-name-ryan-cohen-as-chairman-2021-04-08?siteid=yhoof2

eta: This will be announced at their annual meeting of shareholders that has been scheduled for 6/9.

Does the meeting start at 4:20?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Steeler said:
1 hour ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

GME has announced it's plan to name Cohen as chairman of the board.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gamestop-stock-rallies-after-plans-to-name-ryan-cohen-as-chairman-2021-04-08?siteid=yhoof2

eta: This will be announced at their annual meeting of shareholders that has been scheduled for 6/9.

Does the meeting start at 4:20?  

For the 69th time, yes

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JAA said:
53 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Can I ask what people like about SOS?  I know very little but the company doesnt seem appetizing.

WSB Reddit play - volume is huge

Edited by Keerock

18 minutes ago, Keerock said:

OHi2U $UUUU

Took some off the table, about 30%.

Reacquired a starter position in MIND at $2.31, I had sold this in Feb for $2.77.

ORRCF trucking along...Don't be afraid of success.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

I’m not going to sell. I don’t think it’s going to go under and I’ve seen how volatile it can go both ways, so for now I’m hoping to at least break even. It seems I bought FLGT NNOX CRSP and EBS at the exact point they nose dived. I’m taking it as a lesson in patience and also a lesson where I’m going to be more of a VTSAX total stock market guy except for a handful of solid companies and of course SE.

Same here...almost exact same boat. But I'm holding all of these as 5 to 10 year investments and deal with the short term consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keerock said:
1 hour ago, JAA said:
2 hours ago, Keerock said:

WSB Reddit play - volume is huge

If you want volume, take a look at $INND

27 minutes ago, rick6668 said:
On 4/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, General Malaise said:

Desert Mountain having a great day.  :bag:

I suck.  Never listen to me.

:shock::shock:

We still have our political morality :bowtie:

:bag:

Edited by JAA
  • Laughing 2

28 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

:shock::shock:

RE: DMEHF

Because I only bought a few hundred shares, and in my Roth, is why I held and am still in it.  Had I bought 1000's in my brokerage account I would have sold and taken profits already.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This thread needs some meme stock talk.

Ryan Cohen to be appointed Chairman of the Board after 6/9 meeting. 

Shareholder record date to vote: 4/20

Redditors are now calling their brokers to "recall"/make sure their shares aren't being lent out so they can vote.

Can someone smarter than me tell we're about to launch?

Also if you don't think Cohen is in on it for the apes checkout those dates.

Edited by Charlie Harper
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

I've been reloading on GME this week, but I tend to lean towards Homer level smarts. 

SMRT

I hold over 4,000 shares. I am ready for launch.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, David Dodds said:
17 minutes ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

I've been reloading on GME this week, but I tend to lean towards Homer level smarts. 

SMRT

I hold over 4,000 shares. I am ready for launch.

I continue to buy shares to average down.  I do not hold over 4,000 shares.  I am ready for launch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

Curious how many are free after day trading?

The stock would have to go below $39/share for me to lose money on GME for the year. And since I value the company at the $180 it trades at, I would never sell anywhere below $170.

Right now I just own two stocks Funko and GameStop in my trading account. I am essentially long on both until something significant happens. I prefer having the rest of my cash reserves on the sidelines right now.

My IRA consists of GameStop, Peloton, PayPal, and Funko.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Anyone in on CLOV? Popping this afternoon on no news. 

Looked it up on TDA and there's news, something about possibly being approved in 10 states for something.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Thinking 1