Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

AFMJF - Alphamin Resources (that's the Tin company I've been hocking) is starting to run like a scalded dog......

Rin Tin Tin

🦴

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have SO MANY other threads where we can be richards to one another.  Let's not let this one be one of those.  This thread has always been a Switzerland of sorts, with politics left outside the saloon doors and genteel behavior towards each other the only brand on tap.  

My two cents....Let's make some money and have a festive weekend!

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

We have SO MANY other threads where we can be richards to one another.  Let's not let this one be one of those.  This thread has always been a Switzerland of sorts, with politics left outside the saloon doors and genteel behavior towards each other the only brand on tap.  

My two cents....Let's make some money and have a festive weekend!

my link

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

We have SO MANY other threads where we can be richards to one another.  Let's not let this one be one of those.  This thread has always been a Switzerland of sorts, with politics left outside the saloon doors and genteel behavior towards each other the only brand on tap.  

My two cents....Let's make some money and have a festive weekend!

:goodposting:

 

@St. Louis Bob knows stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

We have SO MANY other threads where we can be richards to one another.  Let's not let this one be one of those.  This thread has always been a Switzerland of sorts, with politics left outside the saloon doors and genteel behavior towards each other the only brand on tap.  

My two cents....Let's make some money and have a festive weekend!

But I LOVE Richards. 

Pryor... Nixon.... Branson.... Gere... Starr.... Yes that's right... Ringo was a Richard. :wub: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Valens Company is not only green for me now, but I'm over 10% on the position overall.  A smarter investor would have cut bait a long time ago.  

Nice. Hopefully La Bomba lights and this blows up for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

We have SO MANY other threads where we can be richards to one another.  Let's not let this one be one of those.  This thread has always been a Switzerland of sorts, with politics left outside the saloon doors and genteel behavior towards each other the only brand on tap.  

My two cents....Let's make some money and have a festive weekend!

Ok I deleted. If there’s anything I tend to react to it’s condescension but I’ll scroll on by next time in these hallowed halls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Nice. Hopefully La Bomba lights and this blows up for you. 

They make burritos as big as your head?

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Ok I deleted. If there’s anything I tend to react to it’s condescension but I’ll scroll on by next time in these hallowed halls.

Didn't mean to single you out GB....just noticed a little more cantankerous activity in here in general, but all good.  Let's be friends! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:
22 hours ago, JAA said:

I think it comes down to your outlook.  Are you planning to keep this stock for 5-10 years or just get green?

What sticks out to me is BB @20.56.  If you plan on keeping BB for 5-10 years, average down there.

Both. Whatever it takes to get green. I guess my question was really..what do you guys feel strongest about long term?

Of those the only one Im familiar with is BB.  Im long on BB, prolly 5-10 years.  If you dont mind the $$ wrapped up in stock, id go $BB

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I know a lot of you are long $QS

This guy pointing out some “wholesale” changes they submitted under risks today. I’m not sure if this is an update made because SPAC regs were so loose or what. Just an fyi - companies always provide risks that may never materialize but I guess they didn’t disclose these until just now:

$QS 10-K/A (No. 2) filed this AM wholesale revises risk factors & forward-looking statements:
- Lack of internal controls
- Inability to commercialize
- Relationship with VW
- Failure of batteries to perform
- Exp. facilities operations
- Inability to attract customers

That sucks ... my cost basis is $48 and I dont even know which of you ####ers to blame!

/s

Edited by JAA
Added /s so @GeneralMcmanhood doesnt yell at me about being cankerous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Todem said:

Have you ever read a prospectus on a micro or small cap stock? 
 

This is standard operating procedure. 
 

This is called CYA and every single prospectus I have ever read.....you would never invest a penny in anything reading the risk disclosures. Unless you truly believed in what they can potentially do.

However everyone does whatever they want with their money.

 

And this is why it is called speculation when you potentially invest in these types of companies. 
 

The potential rewards are big and the potential loss is every penny you put into it. 
 

For any stock......period.

 

I have never not stated QS and BLDP are highly speculative and....you gotta believe in it and go long. 
 

I don’t blame anyone who rather trade it. But my gameplan is staying long and not watching the price everyday. Otherwise I will want to get out all the time. 
 

These two positions are the most volatile and speculative in nature that I own. Playing on the green movement which I believe is going to explode over the next 5 years easy.

95% of your money should be well diversified and in high quality stocks.

So you are the reason I can only by my wife 3 loungefly purses this week!! :hot:

 

:lmao:

 

:ph34r:

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I know a lot of you are long $QS

This guy pointing out some “wholesale” changes they submitted under risks today. I’m not sure if this is an update made because SPAC regs were so loose or what. Just an fyi - companies always provide risks that may never materialize but I guess they didn’t disclose these until just now:

$QS 10-K/A (No. 2) filed this AM wholesale revises risk factors & forward-looking statements:
- Lack of internal controls
- Inability to commercialize
- Relationship with VW
- Failure of batteries to perform
- Exp. facilities operations
- Inability to attract customers

I don’t think this is anything more than CYA. Don’t forget that I’m sure they’re just getting all those lawsuits because heck their stock went up and went down. Also, don’t forget that they haven’t been a public company long at all and have only done 1 quarterly report.

They are still a long shot or maybe a high risk company but I’d take more out of VW making a payment because they achieved an agreed upon milestone based on a VW test than them adding more risks to kind of avoid future lawsuits. Well sir, it never specifically said that your stock could go to $0 because the battery never worked so I’d like my money back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think this is anything more than CYA. Don’t forget that I’m sure they’re just getting all those lawsuits because heck their stock went up and went down. Also, don’t forget that they haven’t been a public company long at all and have only done 1 quarterly report.

They are still a long shot or maybe a high risk company but I’d take more out of VW making a payment because they achieved an agreed upon milestone based on a VW test than them adding more risks to kind of avoid future lawsuits. Well sir, it never specifically said that your stock could go to $0 because the battery never worked so I’d like my money back.

I know it’s CYA. I mainly shared it because I was wondering aloud if SPACS weren’t as thorough with disclosure until recently. Companies always list risks like this. The risks $QS listed aren’t just suddenly risks - they’re just suddenly publicly listed as risks by them. Could be a function of them simply being newly publicly traded. I’m almost sorry I even brought it up.

Edited by McBokonon
Found bob’s wine stash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I know it’s CYA. I mainly shared it because I was wondering aloud if SPACS weren’t as thorough with disclosure until recently. Companies always list risks like this. The risks $QS listed aren’t just suddenly risks - they’re just suddenly publicly listed as risks by them. Could be a function of them simply being newly publicly traded. I’m almost sorry I even brought it up.

SPACs are clearly not as thorough  as that’s why overall they are terrible investments. Kind of like IPOs just less scrutiny and less winners.

Don’t be sorry, we still like you and I was just discussing it with you because they shot up so high that it triggered lawsuits on the way down. It’s funny to see them state the risks that seem obvious, but they are so brand new as an actual public company. You’d think a stock that’s tripled wouldn’t get lawsuits, but I remember seeing Zoom skyrocket and as soon as there was a dip due to the security issue bam a bunch of lawsuits. Pretty sure they get triggered automatically on bad news or stock decline by X% and the best part for Zoom was that the stock was well higher than before the lawsuits a month or two later. The only people impacted were people who panicked right after buying the week before. If they held for 30 days they were up nicely.

Edited by stbugs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Though slowing down, and getting a bit volatile, my all in strategy on MUDS is holding up. 

This week - up 2%
Overall since 4/14 - up 30.7%

Holding through the weekend.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend 👍

 

 

Edited by pmedina
Jinxed the close
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

I know it’s CYA. I mainly shared it because I was wondering aloud if SPACS weren’t as thorough with disclosure until recently. Companies always list risks like this. The risks $QS listed aren’t just suddenly risks - they’re just suddenly publicly listed as risks by them. Could be a function of them simply being newly publicly traded. I’m almost sorry I even brought it up.

The SEC is forcing a lot of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Capella said:

Well that was certainly not the best week I’ve ever had. See you dorks Monday. 

Better after today, that's for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I know it’s CYA. I mainly shared it because I was wondering aloud if SPACS weren’t as thorough with disclosure until recently. Companies always list risks like this. The risks $QS listed aren’t just suddenly risks - they’re just suddenly publicly listed as risks by them. Could be a function of them simply being newly publicly traded. I’m almost sorry I even brought it up.

You would think they had already covered everything in the 300 page novels breaking my postperson’s back. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

You would think they had already covered everything in the 300 page novels breaking my postperson’s back. 

I don’t know about you, but even though I signed up for every paperless option on Fidelity’s site, I still get 3-4 proxy votes daily. This must be annual meeting season. I’m glad I dumped a bunch of SPACs. Those phone books were a PIA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t know about you, but even though I signed up for every paperless option on Fidelity’s site, I still get 3-4 proxy votes daily. This must be annual meeting season. I’m glad I dumped a bunch of SPACs. Those phone books were a PIA.

Ditto....house to mail box to outdoor trash can.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this new TD layout/platform similar to Schwab's?  Not excited with it right now.  Might take a little bit for me to get used to this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, beef said:

Is this new TD layout/platform similar to Schwab's?  Not excited with it right now.  Might take a little bit for me to get used to this.  

Desktop? App looks the same as always. 

ETA: My desktop still looks the same, too...

Edited by McBokonon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Desktop? App looks the same as always. 

ETA: My desktop still looks the same, too...

Yes, Desktop.  I lost my quick quote, buy/sell section below my positions list.  A few other changes too, but that's the big one that's messing with my flow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it looks like I’m in it for the long haul. Even though I love sold off most of my TTD, it’s still one of my larger stocks. Here’s what happened this morning:

1. Beat revenue estimates

2. Beat earnings estimates

3. Raised Q2 guidance

4. Announced stock split

Down 13% premarket. I feel like I’ll be fine in a few years but dear lord this is a gut punch. Still growing 50-60% but it just doesn’t matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...