What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Sorry, was talking 2023 which are just analyst projections that can be beaten I suppose. PLTR doesn't have projections for 2023 it looks like. 
Yeah, it’s hard to know when or if analysts are changing their projections and to be honest if they do anything other than a simple calculation, like if they were 50% last year then next year is automatically 30% lower so 35% and then the following year is automatically 25%.

CRWD is still growing and you know that 50% number from the company is likely a bit on the cautious side giving them room to beat.

Anyone else toying with buying TTD calls for June? Seems ridiculously oversold considering that the recent report was largely positive.

I might have to become a TTD owner pretty soon, holy crap.
Unreal. I know I bought it at $150 and sold most of it, but that’s ridiculous. 25% down after beating every number including guidance and announcing a split?

Honestly, it makes zero sense. It’s getting down close to the level where I was pissed I sold some because it kept running. I made my second sell over $800 so that feels good but this is crazy. It’s one thing to be down a little but 25% is completely unwarranted. P/S is about 15x mid 2020 to mid 2021/all of 2021. They are back on a high growth rate (50-60% in Q1) but even a 20-40% growth rate is solid for a high margin business.

Unreal. I know I bought it at $150 and sold most of it, but that’s ridiculous. 25% down after beating every number including guidance and announcing a split?

Honestly, it makes zero sense. It’s getting down close to the level where I was pissed I sold some because it kept running. I made my second sell over $800 so that feels good but this is crazy. It’s one thing to be down a little but 25% is completely unwarranted. P/S is about 15x mid 2020 to mid 2021/all of 2021. They are back on a high growth rate (50-60% in Q1) but even a 20-40% growth rate is solid for a high margin business.
It makes a little more sense if you look at the chart and pretend 2020 never happened (could say the same for a lot of these, obviously.) 

Bought and sold RBLX on IPO day for a small profit and have it on the watchlist. They report today - will be interesting to see if they give guidance, I probably wouldn't if I were them. 

In any event, could see if they are still growing rapidly, report strong numbers, but get the #### kicked out of them anyway.

It makes a little more sense if you look at the chart and pretend 2020 never happened (could say the same for a lot of these, obviously.) 
Agree somewhat on the chart, it’s just a downward trend, just shocking that it went down 25% on a solid report. Normally, even a miss isn’t down that much let alone beats on everything. I don’t know enough about the programs that are in place that automatically sell based on drops, etc. but today’s action doesn’t make sense. We’ve seen the drops on earnings but nothing like 25% down on a good report.

It does seem like maybe people are selling even more because as long as you bought in 2020 you likely are up and it’s been a year. I wonder if maybe we are seeing some of the capital gains tax selling we thought would happen in early April. Maybe a lot more people hopped in the market in earnest in April once they felt the worst was definitely over. They don’t want to lose the gain so any sign of news where the earnings aren't ridiculous (although we’ve seen that not pop too) people are jumping ship and people aren’t wanting to jump back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lordstown Motors, see you later.  Just a huge dive.  Hopefully not too many are suffering through this.

This is one that I cut bait on a while back so more a relief than anything else.  

The Trade Desk reported revenue of $220 million in the first quarter, up 37% year over year. Shares of ad tech company tanked more than 25% on Monday

:lmao:  love investing in Stonks 

They call them hurricane warnings. 
I remember being in the Outer Banks for Katrina and my BIL and I went out and filled up our gas tanks after watching the news. I don’t think there was a gas station with gas by the time we left and if there was they were charging $10 a gallon.

Lordstown Motors, see you later.  Just a huge dive.  Hopefully not too many are suffering through this.

This is one that I cut bait on a while back so more a relief than anything else.  
Somehow I got out of that around $29 and LAZR at $39. Seems like everything I sold late last year or this year was an amazing move. The stocks I bought in their place, not so much!

I remember being in the Outer Banks for Katrina and my BIL and I went out and filled up our gas tanks after watching the news. I don’t think there was a gas station with gas by the time we left and if there was they were charging $10 a gallon.
Good night. :(  

Have been reshuffling my portfolio.

Current Holdings(non retirement account)

BTC - added a lot with a basis around 52K
IPOE - holding long, added more this morning

MAR - Stock and Options - swing trade, reopening play

ABNB - Holding Long

CZR - swing trade, reopening play

SI - doubled my position today

30% Cash (which I plan on spending this week)
We still liking this one? Are we adding any as it gets killed daily?

I know I pooh-poohed them earlier and personally speaking, I'd rather have a 7 day enema than go on a week-long cruise with other......people.....but with test runs coming up and a populace that is probably dying to rejoin the floating all-you-can-eat petri dishes, I have to think SOME of these stocks are interesting buy targets.  Right?  Or am I too late again?

I know I pooh-poohed them earlier and personally speaking, I'd rather have a 7 day enema than go on a week-long cruise with other......people.....but with test runs coming up and a populace that is probably dying to rejoin the floating all-you-can-eat petri dishes, I have to think SOME of these stocks are interesting buy targets.  Right?  Or am I too late again?
Did this last year and got in and out but I don’t know...are they even going back out soon? Thought I read September was a maybe?

1000000000000% this and that was my opinion per-pandemic.

It depends on if you are just trading or going long term. I read something about one of the cruise lines recently and it basically said that you could just look at prices and think they were good plays but that the dilution and debt they added made them way more expensive than just the price. I can’t recall the exact numbers but kind of like AMC, people investing aren’t realizing that you aren’t really investing in the same company anymore. Kind of like paying $50 for a share of a company that now has 3 times the debt load hence way less actual earnings even if they get to the same revenue.

Anyway, it was really interesting so if you are going long just check under the hood.

I don’t think this is the article because it is from back in December but it has some numbers on dilution and debt:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/07/3-reasons-cruise-line-stocks-arent-hitting-all-tim/

Dilution from 15-30% and debt up 60-100%. So likely much lower earnings per share and the other article basically calculated it out such that the current price even way off from the high was already more pricey than pre-pandemic. Again, still could be trade-able because momentum seems to be way more important today than actual revenue and earnings.

Time to buy was a year ago, as crazy as that sounds.

Some of us in here got in and out of a few stocks and CCL was def one of them.  I sold the last of mine at 20 and got in as low as 12.

This was a $35 stock before Covid and now it took on billions in debt just to keep the doors open.  It’s $26 now.

inflation aside how much more can it go?  I mean sure it can go higher but is there a double here?

So I just jumped into this stock world the last couple weeks. Not throwing a lot of money at it, just play money basically. Not talking life changing. Just wanted to see how I would fair. I know stocks are meant to be long term...  :unsure:

Here is my portfolio so far. Name of stock and return since I bought them

Noravax      -40.11%

Amazon      -9.32%

Humanigen     -5.55%

Torchlight      -1.91%

Dogecoin (only threw $30 on this for fun)     -15.48%

I really kind of suck at this so far.  :lmao:

The buy and hold From March of last year for our three big Stonks all did fantastic.

CCL 2x

Bloomin 3X

MGM 3X
DFS was also really popular in here last spring, currently at 4.5X its pandemic lows. Traded away all my CCL/BLMN/MGM but at least I held onto that one.

So I just jumped into this stock world the last couple weeks. Not throwing a lot of money at it, just play money basically. Not talking life changing. Just wanted to see how I would fair. I know stocks are meant to be long term...  :unsure:

Noravax      -40.11%

Amazon      -9.32%

Humanigen     -5.55%

Torchlight      -1.91%

I thought you were going to get into HGEN?  You would probably be even on that one.

Noravax      -40.11%

Amazon      -9.32%

Humanigen     -5.55%

Torchlight      -1.91%

Most of us not fairing any better these last few weeks. 

-9% on the stonks in my play account over the last few weeks would probably be my top performer. 

• Love
Reactions: KGB
UWMC announced a 10 cent dividend which is a 6% rate and a 300 million stock buy back.  I may added some more in the AM.
That’s a big buyback. That’s almost 20% of the market cap I think.

Never mind on the buy back. It’s not 300 million shares it’s $300 million dollars which is 2-3% of the market cap. 

UWMC announced a 10 cent dividend which is a 6% rate and a 300 million stock buy back.  I may added some more in the AM.
“While others in our industry guide towards lower volume in 2Q21, UWMC is quite the opposite,” CEO Mat Ishbia said in a statement. UWM could be one of the only mortgage companies in America that grows in a rising rate environment, he said. 

Also think I could probably use more. The valuation is just too attractive to me. It's not like they are going to dilute shareholders (like ex-SPACs seem to do) while they are buying back stock.

Users who are viewing this thread