What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

Yikes. Is this a delayed pullback from the jobs report? Bloodbath. 
I think this is a wave of panic selling or programs. It’s not single stocks, it’s just anything. Another round of opportunity if you want to hold long term. I’m just HODL at this point. Definitely wish I had sold back in February or at least trimmed the stock that had run up more than I did.

Did interest rates hit 20% yet? It sure feels like that. I’m still not worried long term but it’s funny that some of these stocks that have ranked are continuing to put out beats and better guidance. I don’t know how much is real selling and how much is triggered programs.

NNOX announced they wouldn’t meet their 2022 shipment timeline due to the pandemic hindering a supplier. I mean, they would have been hammered no matter what because everything is but that’s why there’s a little extra.

Bloodbath is right. I feel for the poster who just recently got into trading. But, like others, my account has been decimated lately and I'm running out of the cash (and the will) to keep buying on the way down.

Also, a key note was raised by desert_power which I have allowed to get away from me in my own account, which is correlation. Sure, I might own 20 names but if half of them move together, then I'm not as diversified as I think. And indeed, a bloodbath focused on one area (growth in this case) can do enormous damage. I've been trading for over a decade so still learning a lot, but it's never fun to get a lesson like this.

NNOX announced they wouldn’t meet their 2022 shipment timeline due to the pandemic hindering a supplier. I mean, they would have been hammered no matter what because everything is but that’s why there’s a little extra.
I gotta be honest, I’ll double check but I feel like he (Ran the CEO) never mentioned manufacturing issues with the tubes before and maybe even dismissed them as basic and easy to obtain. That’d be enough for me to cut bait for now even though this small amount I have is way underwater.

If you like anything today is your lucky day....or tomorrow....or next week....or next month
I'm looking for the one name that I don't already own, that has taken the beating along with other growth names, but looks like a solid long term play at a bargain price. Looking to establish a half-position and then DCA the other half if it keeps dropping. FLGT is at the top of my list. The P/E is a paltry $16, EPS is over $4, they hold almost a billion in cash and just gave a positive report last week. Nonetheless, it is down 25% in the past month and more than 50% off its highs from just three months ago. Think I'm going long FLGT today.

Is this new TD layout/platform similar to Schwab's?  Not excited with it right now.  Might take a little bit for me to get used to this.  
:bag:   Turns out I was just in some sort of Think or Swim bizarro white version.  I do that sometimes.  Six months ago or so I had clicked the Chinese language version and thought I was hacked or had Hunter Biden's laptop.  

I'm about to eat some serious #### when the bell rings.  
Two days in a row (on top of a bad last week). I spent some time this morning looking back at posts from todem from November 2020. Note to self: Stop thinking, start following. When end-of-year comes and todem recommends, make like he is EF Hutton and listen.

I'm about to eat some serious #### when the bell rings.  
First one to find a peanut wins!  Think I might make a couple of buys and shut it down.  

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking. 
Good thing it's early and you have plenty of time to change your mind about that.    

Kind of had a feeling today was going to be rough when I woke up thinking it was Friday, only to realize it's f'n Tuesday.  :kicksrock:

I'm looking for the one name that I don't already own, that has taken the beating along with other growth names, but looks like a solid long term play at a bargain price. Looking to establish a half-position and then DCA the other half if it keeps dropping. FLGT is at the top of my list. The P/E is a paltry $16, EPS is over $4, they hold almost a billion in cash and just gave a positive report last week. Nonetheless, it is down 25% in the past month and more than 50% off its highs from just three months ago. Think I'm going long FLGT today.
I still haven’t done anything the past month or so that wasn’t a sell and re-invest. My cash is pretty low already in my IRA, but is a 1/3 of my taxable account. I just haven’t pulled the trigger. FLGT and UPST are two I like a lot and I want to see how UPST does tonight with earnings. I’ve only added to it from SPACs I sold off. If they report well, I’ll likely add some of both. FLGT showed me that they are really cheap. I posted that I thought they’d have 50% of their market cap in cash by the end of this year and then they repeated that on the call (thanks @Bob Sacamano for actually listening). They aren’t stopping CV testing and their non-CV testing looked great. Definitely like them long and at today’s price, even more. I may do some more rebalancing on them today and bring my cost way down. When it hit $180, I was regretting selling around $30 for a double but now I’m not that far from there and that was before they made hundreds of millions in profit on CV testing. 

Two days in a row (on top of a bad last week). I spent some time this morning looking back at posts from todem from November 2020. Note to self: Stop thinking, start following. When end-of-year comes and todem recommends, make like he is EF Hutton and listen.
It does suck balls. At least some of my bigger guys aren’t getting BLDP’d but TTD crushed me yesterday. Don’t think I have any of those today but it’ll be rough. At this point though most of that IRA stuff is rebalancing to what I like more and let it ride for a decade+. I do wish I listened to my gut more when you feel like things have peaked. I’ve definitely got to get better at that.

This week makes me look more justified in my large cash position. In reality, I'm breaking out in hives to buy stuff, but if the sales keep getting better....

Similarly, I could DCA like a mother in the things that lost favor as soon as I bought them, but why should I when I can do better tomorrow?

This week makes me look more justified in my large cash position. In reality, I'm breaking out in hives to buy stuff, but if the sales keep getting better....

Similarly, I could DCA like a mother in the things that lost favor as soon as I bought them, but why should I when I can do better tomorrow?
I must take a ton of discipline to not start throwing money. Pick a name that's been batted around here (QS, BLDP, LAZR, SPCE. PLTR). If it even smells like "growth" then it is on sale. Kudos to you. Now would you please start buying some some of us can see some green?

I still haven’t done anything the past month or so that wasn’t a sell and re-invest. My cash is pretty low already in my IRA, but is a 1/3 of my taxable account. I just haven’t pulled the trigger. FLGT and UPST are two I like a lot and I want to see how UPST does tonight with earnings. I’ve only added to it from SPACs I sold off. If they report well, I’ll likely add some of both. FLGT showed me that they are really cheap. I posted that I thought they’d have 50% of their market cap in cash by the end of this year and then they repeated that on the call (thanks @Bob Sacamano for actually listening). They aren’t stopping CV testing and their non-CV testing looked great. Definitely like them long and at today’s price, even more. I may do some more rebalancing on them today and bring my cost way down. When it hit $180, I was regretting selling around $30 for a double but now I’m not that far from there and that was before they made hundreds of millions in profit on CV testing. 
@pecorino

Nice job gents, you turned it green!  Glad I added before your big money buys.  :thumbup:

Well, that was a quick and early reversal. FLGT was at $63 premarket, flirting with $70 now. And PLTR is completely irrational. Or someone just bought a boatload.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just jumped into this stock world the last couple weeks. Not throwing a lot of money at it, just play money basically. Not talking life changing. Just wanted to see how I would fair. I know stocks are meant to be long term...  :unsure:

Here is my portfolio so far. Name of stock and return since I bought them

Noravax      -40.11%

Amazon      -9.32%

Humanigen     -5.55%

Torchlight      -1.91%

Dogecoin (only threw $30 on this for fun)     -15.48%

I really kind of suck at this so far.  :lmao:
If you have an extra $100 laying around in that account, take a look at DPLS.

It's a penny stock so there is a ton of risk, but it's price is only .0196 right now. I bought a bunch when it was less than a penny, but they have some technology that looks promising.

Anyway, on a day like today they are down a bunch, but they have the propensity to bounce back rather quickly. If you can get it under .02 right now I'd take a shot with $100. Because it tends to jump back over .02

You can make a little green and it may at least help your psyche right now. 

I gotta be honest, I’ll double check but I feel like he (Ran the CEO) never mentioned manufacturing issues with the tubes before and maybe even dismissed them as basic and easy to obtain. That’d be enough for me to cut bait for now even though this small amount I have is way underwater.
Yeah, redeployed NNOX funds into ABNB and WD. I’ll still monitor but I don’t like when CEO’s overpromise. I want to see some progress.

Portfolio isn’t down as much as I expected overall.

Did interest rates hit 20% yet? It sure feels like that. I’m still not worried long term but it’s funny that some of these stocks that have ranked are continuing to put out beats and better guidance.
I think part of this is that some market participants are spooked about inflation. So, even if that is not reflected in rates, it is reducing their willingness to hold things with future earnings.

It's a penny stock so there is a ton of risk, but it's price is only .0196 right now. I bought a bunch when it was less than a penny, but they have some technology that looks promising.

Anyway, on a day like today they are down a bunch, but they have the propensity to bounce back rather quickly. If you can get it under .02 right now I'd take a shot with $100. Because it tends to jump back over .02

In with an extra $200

In with an extra $200
Up $.77%

Love it.

I must take a ton of discipline to not start throwing money. Pick a name that's been batted around here (QS, BLDP, LAZR, SPCE. PLTR). If it even smells like "growth" then it is on sale. Kudos to you. Now would you please start buying some some of us can see some green?
Currently down 20% on QS and 43% on BLDP.  Also -10% on GBTC and -57% on STMH. Feels like throwing good money after bad right now. I'd rather get in after the bottom than before. Some cash will get deployed before Memorial Day, but probably just before.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Up $.77%

Love it.
Yeah, this one is certainly fun to watch. It will drop a ton like today, and then magically it will bounce back up. It's been doing this for a few months now. 

If it stay on this pattern it should be up over .02 in a few days. This one is a long, long term hold for me. 

Yeah, this one is certainly fun to watch. It will drop a ton like today, and then magically it will bounce back up. It's been doing this for a few months now. 

If it stay on this pattern it should be up over .02 in a few days. This one is a long, long term hold for me. 
Company name sounds like stealth black ops bad guy corporation from a B movie.

I can picture Bruce Willis as the CEO.

Ok. This is a noob question, but what platform is the best for doing some low volume trading? I've been using Robinhood so far, but not everything is on there. Opened up an E-Trade account to look at the stock @ChiefD recommended above. Wasn't offered on Robinhood, is on E-Trade. But I'm not sure if I'm just throwing darts all over the place here and should just find a single source for this or is having multiple platforms normal?

As I said when I jumped into this thread, I have no idea what I'm doing. But I am smart enough to only be throwing into these accounts what I'm willing to lose. As I get more comfortable I'll throw more at these things, but right now I'm just getting my feet wet and being conservative.

Ok. This is a noob question, but what platform is the best for doing some low volume trading? I've been using Robinhood so far, but not everything is on there. Opened up an E-Trade account to look at the stock @ChiefD recommended above. Wasn't offered on Robinhood, is on E-Trade. But I'm not sure if I'm just throwing darts all over the place here and should just find a single source for this or is having multiple platforms normal?

As I said when I jumped into this thread, I have no idea what I'm doing. But I am smart enough to only be throwing into these accounts what I'm willing to lose. As I get more comfortable I'll throw more at these things, but right now I'm just getting my feet wet and being conservative.
I used Fidelity.

I'll bet Schwab will work too.

Every degen has been plowing money into the market for over a year now.   The big money is just taking profits waiting for little guys to panic sell because they aren't going to buy their kid a GI Joe with a Kung Fu grip for Christmas.  As soon as those hands are cleared out, buying starts again. 

I used Fidelity.

I'll bet Schwab will work too.
What are the benefits over using one service over the other? Preference? Doing a quick google it doesn't look like there is much difference between fees that I see between Robinhood, E-Trade and Fidelity. Unless I'm just completely missing something.

What are the benefits over using one service over the other? Preference? Doing a quick google it doesn't look like there is much difference between fees that I see between Robinhood, E-Trade and Fidelity. Unless I'm just completely missing something.
Fidelity and Schwab are free for me.

Fidelity is the most user-friendly for me.

Schwab is pretty clunky.

I have Schwab, TDA, and Fidelity and other than the interfaces there’s no real difference outside of a few features. Fidelity gives me access to international exchanges and more IPO’s, I prefer TD’s platforms over all three but they’re merging with Schwab so I’m not sure what they’ll go with in the end. I hate Schwab’s platform but it’s a fine brokerage.

Users who are viewing this thread