Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Seems to always happen after a big day. 

Or a day after good news, or a day after no news, or a day after a day ending in a “y”…..

Call me naïve but I’m starting to think this stock game can be manipulated.  

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Or a day after good news, or a day after no news, or a day after a day ending in a “y”…..

Call me naïve but I’m starting to think this stock game can be manipulated.  

Lol I mean it did go up 12% yesterday. Down 2 ain’t a thang. 

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

this is a margin call at a minimum. And this price likely starts triggering more and more of these.

and yes, the shorts are FEARFUL of the vote count (which may get released as early as tomorrow)

With all of the rule changes by the clearing houses, it's not a good time to be short stocks.

Tell me about it.  I'm looking forward to that vote count as I hope it will be a catalyst for the meme stocks to go boom or bust.

I don't think either scenario will be damaging to the hedge funds.  They are on top of this game, making money on the volatility.

Posted (edited)

I bought the spac HOL on May 18 - $10 even per share. It is taking Astra Rocket public. Yesterday they announced July 1 is when that will happen. It's up to $11.17.  They have successfully launched into Space and have a contract with NASA. ASTR will be on Nasdaq

🚀🚀

Edited by The Man With No Name

UWMC 

Doing what I knew they would do and I am long term buy and hold still on it. 

They announced that they will price match 15 different lenders by 35 basis points. Most brokers I know favor UWM but will send loans to other lenders when the pricing is just not close enough. 35 basis points is usually the striking difference that they are in. It is not a perm thing but it will gain them a number of loans this quarter. 

I read today that their cost per loan is significantly lower than all competitors. So, they have the advantage of being faster/easier all the time and then have the muscle to be a price leader as well. As the broker channel grows, so will UWM. As interest rates increase and there are rate compressions, UWM will continue to grow. 

I view them more like a tech company that does mortgages than a mortgage company. I think Wall St. is behind the curve and views them as a mortgage company and is pricing them as such. I have added to my position accordingly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

$KALA continuing to make gains. 

Everything I read makes me think this is a lucrative market as there are a lot of people that qualify for dry eye syndrome and have the more short term flare ups, of which Eysuvis is the only drug that can be prescribed.

Just launched in January so if people were expecting great numbers out of the gate, think that was unreasonable.

Should be a second half winner.  More people starting to go to eye doctor again now that pandemic is getting behind us and also this drug is being added to more insurance plans on an ongoing basis.

• Like 1

Nice to see canoo ($GOEV) pop, easily my biggest gainer today. 

But now Wendy's is a freaking meme stonk? 🤯

Another stock that has been absolutely pummeled that could be poised for a comeback is EVFM.  They make a non hormonal birth control product.  Starting to see more commericals now for their product Phexxi.

It was closer to $4, a few months ago now just barely over a $1

HC Wainwright has put a price target of $4 on it as of yesterday, think it rebounds.   The CEO is presenting at a conference this week

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I just bought a few shares. Decent chance is this a one-day thing that I lose money on, like NOK back in January.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Draftkings is hot right now, wish I had bought more when it was under $43.  Had a rough ride for a couple of weeks but it has rebounded quickly here.

Flutter  PDYPY (fanduel) also making some daily gains again.

Edited by Dwayne Hoover

4 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Draftkings is hot right now, wish I had bought more when it was under $43.  Had a rough ride for a couple of weeks but it has rebounded quickly here.

Flutter  PDYPY (fanduel) also making some daily gains again.

Yea I bought a lot right at 43 and unloaded some at profit for more Hgen...still kept half though. That was a good buy. 

6 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

SOFI has been a weird stock

SOFI, you got to let me know
Should I sell or should I hold?
If you say that you are mine
I'll be here 'till the end of time
So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day it's red and next it's green
I need an answer don't be mean
Well, come on and let me know

Should I sell or should I hold now?
Should I sell or should I hold now?
If I hold, there will be trouble
And if I sell it will go to double
So come on and let me know

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Another stock that has been absolutely pummeled that could be poised for a comeback is EVFM.  They make a non hormonal birth control product.  Starting to see more commericals now for their product Phexxi.

It was closer to $4, a few months ago now just barely over a $1

HC Wainwright has put a price target of $4 on it as of yesterday, think it rebounds.   The CEO is presenting at a conference this week

blackdot

Thank you Jeff for finally delivering a good day.  Probably only happened based on the news you would be out of the office in space and unable screw things up...but I'll take it.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Another setback coming out of Lordstown Motors (RIDE), this after a nice run the last few days.  Wanted to pull the trigger on puts but didn't make it happen.  Damn

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lordstown-motors-amends-annual-filing-with-going-concern-notice-11623181411

This is the risk of these meme/high shorted stocks. The stock prices are up because of perception of big squeezes and while yes, shorts are losing money (not exactly a new thing if a stock goes up), when a stock is being shorted a lot it usually means the price is too high like this. RIDE had more than doubled in the last few weeks before the big drop today and that was because it dropped so much from already stated big delays. With so much new competition including the big guys have trucks ready, that delay may have sunk them. People bought the stock today above $15. They lost 1/3 in a few minutes. Wouldn’t shock me to see it dive under $10 tomorrow. 

NVDA

Kinda a longer play around here.  An entire month or so.  Might get a bump on the split.

The stock split will be payable in the form of a stock dividend. Each shareholder of record as of June 21 will receive an additional three shares of stock for every share held. The shares will be distributed after the market close on July 19, and the newly split shares will begin trading when the market opens on Tuesday, July 20. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Is nobody concerned about the ARM deal potentially getting nixed for NVDA? Last I read it seemed like a coin flip. 

Agree.

Personally, I may be just riding free shares by then,  Very good point though.

9 hours ago, -OZ- said:

That’s hilarious if true. I guess the redditors don’t realize that Wendy’s was taken over years ago by the worst of the worst of Wall Street sharks: Leveraged Buyout Private Equity. All they’re doing is helping the billionaires they purport to be sticking it too, get richer.

Question.

If you invest $1000 and make 10% / $100.

Then sell $1000 worth and let the $100 free ride.

How do taxes work?

$1000-$1000 = 0 you have to pay taxes on?

34 minutes ago, KGB said:

Question.

If you invest $1000 and make 10% / $100.

Then sell $1000 worth and let the $100 free ride.

How do taxes work?

$1000-$1000 = 0 you have to pay taxes on?

I think you'd have to pay taxes on a profit of about $91 from the sale.

5 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

I think you'd have to pay taxes on a profit of about $91 from the sale.

But I would only sell what I bought.  No profit sold.

38 minutes ago, Buckna said:

That’s hilarious if true. I guess the redditors don’t realize that Wendy’s was taken over years ago by the worst of the worst of Wall Street sharks: Leveraged Buyout Private Equity. All they’re doing is helping the billionaires they purport to be sticking it too, get richer.

WSBs likes to say "Sir, this is a Wendy's."  At least they are pumping a profitable company for once.  I wonder if the decline in crypto is related to people using that money for all these pumps. I feel foolish for not joining in.  I didn't have faith in the herd but they are proving me wrong.

3 minutes ago, KGB said:

But I would only sell what I bought.  No profit sold.

You'd have to look at the profit on shares sold.  If you bought 1,000 shares at $1 each and then they rose to $1.10 each, you would sell about 910 shares to recoup your $1,000 initial investment.  So $91 in profit there and the other $9 in profit would still be invested with the remaining 90 shares. If you bought shares at different prices then you could sell the shares bought at the higher price first to minimize your capital gains.

I don't worry about taxes though cause I don't make profits.  Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

So if I'm an institution, all I have to do to keep this rolling is not vote my shares? Are they too stupid to know that?

Or, .... vote to issue more shares!

That way the company makes more money ... and there's plenty of shares for everybody!

It's a win / win ... unless you're long and hoping for a squeeze.