Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

Well I guess I was destined to buy more GME afterall. I never thought I would see 240 again with max pain at 250. OBV has stayed the same. Loving me some dip.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Well I guess I was destined to buy more GME afterall. I never thought I would see 240 again with max pain at 250. OBV has stayed the same. Loving me some dip.

It will be at $200 by the end of the week

15 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Really want to see GME announce that their 5M shares issue is done today...eep. 

The way they worded it sounded like one of many, which even at this price is an amazing way to build up a cash pile on retail investors dime. 

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It's not necessarily. Just another, "this is going to be the major catalyst that takes it to $1k/sh or more" moment that didn't pan out.

Starting to sound a lot like CYDY, tbh

Another good day for $GLBE. Up about 30% since I first posted it here. I have to expect a pullback at some point but I might add again once I figure out when the lockup expiration is. Though, all three founders are still there and the staff size is small enough that lockup might not matter much. 

Another almost guy :lol:  I almost pulled the trigger on 6/8 when the stock hit 340 but didn't want to miss out on the MOASS  :rolleyes: 

Fortunately, I only have a few shares of GME.

Also fortunate that I know I don't know #### about individual stocks and only have 3% of my total retirement in play while I (hopefully) learn.  Everything else is in mutual funds or index funds.

37 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Another good day for $GLBE. Up about 30% since I first posted it here. I have to expect a pullback at some point but I might add again once I figure out when the lockup expiration is. Though, all three founders are still there and the staff size is small enough that lockup might not matter much. 

You're the guru on all these Israeli stocks. Made me money every time.  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, guru_007 said:

Just opened a half position in TGT

I really like Target and have been thinking about buying it for months now.  I think it is definitely one of the retailers positioned to survive and thrive going forward.    I have a larger position in WMT and these are both long term holds for me, but I think TGT has higher upside.  Walmart and Costco really had strong quarters due to stockpiling for Covid19.  And Walmart gets about half their sales from groceries which are very low margins.

TGT up 115% since I acquired it, so I sold half and will hang on to a touch for now.  With the economy reopening, I think other retail outlets are going to take from Target's business and frankly it was too cheap back then and too expensive (imho) right now.  I know an analyst mentioned this would be the best holiday season ever for Target, but I am not seeing it.  Increased competition, supply chain issues (which will hurt a lot of retailers) and tapering of stimulus money and well, I just think it will be okay.  Still like TGT, but really really love WMT.  Haven't sold any shared of WMT and I know it's just moderately up, but I really think WMT is going to be a force here on out. Their online presence has been improved, and they have the might to push on their vendors to ease some supply chain issues that smaller outlets will not be able to do.  WMT's PE still a bit pricey, but let's see what earnings bear the next few quarters.  Lastly, on a more micro level, years gone by the Targets by me have had clean aisles, moderate traffic at check out lanes, where as Walmarts been kind of a mess with heavy traffic at check out.  Nowadays I think Target has become much messier than the Walmarts by me, and there is absolutely zero traffic at checkout whereas Walmart's check out has become a lot smoother.  A lot has to do with online shopping and self-check sure, but I think this just benefits Walmart that much more, and they have also made a pledge to clean/straighten their stores and it has definitely shown.

I've been really selling a lot of stocks, as I had too many positions.  I just closed VZ & DIS positions in full.  I don't see much runway for either to march up significantly higher anytime soon, and made a #### ton in DIS (full disclosure, my wife bought a few hundred shares in her ROTH so I do have some exposure there still).  

Have three speculative plays - FUSE, ARVL & U.  I think I like U the most long term here, my cost basis is ~105/share.  I know a lot of talk of RBLX in this thread, but I think ya'll missing the boat there and U is going to be a lot better company.  Just going off memory here, but a majority of RBLX users are 13 and under.  I see a few headwinds there and as a parent, I allow my kids to play games online, but a) I sure as #### don't spend much money on them and b) I tend to limit the time they can spend on these games especially if their grades falter or now that the world is opening, they can play sports IRL.  Unity has a really great platform to create and operate and will have a customer base with much more money at the ready.  I think this is just the beginning, but of course I'm severely biased.  

Just off the cuff here, but read today that AMZN has like 43 analysts covering them and 42 have buy ratings and 1 has a hold. No sell ratings.  Yet stock has been flat for almost 10 months (last few days mini-breakout notwithstanding).  Really think this one has some upside to it, but, could use a split.  Bezos doesn't really gaf about share price because when push comes to shove it's just more money in taxes he's going to have to pay out and he doesn't have a God complex like a certain auto maker does.  AMZN a good 30% below what it should be trading at, but not sure we see 4K any time soon.  No one talks about the advertising business which is massive, sure AWS growth is slowing and feeling competition but advertising prints money and retail still doing o.k.

Favorite stocks are still GOOG, NVDA and AMD.  When people realize what AMD and Xlinix can do, this stock is going to take off big time.  There was a massive boost when the acquisition was announced, but has flatlined and drawn back since, trading about where it's been at since August 2020.  NVDA is scary good right now and IF the ARM deal is allowed to take place fugghedaboutit.  Split announcement hasn't hurt.  This one is going to $1K+.

Just some crazy guru_007 thoughts.  Will check back in a few months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, guru_007 said:

TGT up 115% since I acquired it, so I sold half and will hang on to a touch for now.  With the economy reopening, I think other retail outlets are going to take from Target's business and frankly it was too cheap back then and too expensive (imho) right now.  I know an analyst mentioned this would be the best holiday season ever for Target, but I am not seeing it.  Increased competition, supply chain issues (which will hurt a lot of retailers) and tapering of stimulus money and well, I just think it will be okay.  Still like TGT, but really really love WMT.  Haven't sold any shared of WMT and I know it's just moderately up, but I really think WMT is going to be a force here on out. Their online presence has been improved, and they have the might to push on their vendors to ease some supply chain issues that smaller outlets will not be able to do.  WMT's PE still a bit pricey, but let's see what earnings bear the next few quarters.  Lastly, on a more micro level, years gone by the Targets by me have had clean aisles, moderate traffic at check out lanes, where as Walmarts been kind of a mess with heavy traffic at check out.  Nowadays I think Target has become much messier than the Walmarts by me, and there is absolutely zero traffic at checkout whereas Walmart's check out has become a lot smoother.  A lot has to do with online shopping and self-check sure, but I think this just benefits Walmart that much more, and they have also made a pledge to clean/straighten their stores and it has definitely shown.

I've been really selling a lot of stocks, as I had too many positions.  I just closed VZ & DIS positions in full.  I don't see much runway for either to march up significantly higher anytime soon, and made a #### ton in DIS (full disclosure, my wife bought a few hundred shares in her ROTH so I do have some exposure there still).  

Have three speculative plays - FUSE, ARVL & U.  I think I like U the most long term here, my cost basis is ~105/share.  I know a lot of talk of RBLX in this thread, but I think ya'll missing the boat there and U is going to be a lot better company.  Just going off memory here, but a majority of RBLX users are 13 and under.  I see a few headwinds there and as a parent, I allow my kids to play games online, but a) I sure as #### don't spend much money on them and b) I tend to limit the time they can spend on these games especially if their grades falter or now that the world is opening, they can play sports IRL.  Unity has a really great platform to create and operate and will have a customer base with much more money at the ready.  I think this is just the beginning, but of course I'm severely biased.  

Just off the cuff here, but read today that AMZN has like 43 analysts covering them and 42 have buy ratings and 1 has a hold. No sell ratings.  Yet stock has been flat for almost 10 months (last few days mini-breakout notwithstanding).  Really think this one has some upside to it, but, could use a split.  Bezos doesn't really gaf about share price because when push comes to shove it's just more money in taxes he's going to have to pay out and he doesn't have a God complex like a certain auto maker does.  AMZN a good 30% below what it should be trading at, but not sure we see 4K any time soon.  No one talks about the advertising business which is massive, sure AWS growth is slowing and feeling competition but advertising prints money and retail still doing o.k.

Favorite stocks are still GOOG, NVDA and AMD.  When people realize what AMD and Xlinix can do, this stock is going to take off big time.  There was a massive boost when the acquisition was announced, but has flatlined and drawn back since, trading about where it's been at since August 2020.  NVDA is scary good right now and IF the ARM deal is allowed to take place fugghedaboutit.  Split announcement hasn't hurt.  This one is going to $1K+.

Just some crazy guru_007 thoughts.  Will check back in a few months.

Agree on $U. I mentioned in an earlier post I bought both this one and $RBLX while I figure out which one I want to keep if it’s not both. It’s $U. $RBLX might do better short term because it’s a popular name, but in 5-10 years I think the winner will be Unity.

11 minutes ago, guru_007 said:

Love AMD as well.  Its been stuck for a bit here but it will get going again.  Lisa Su exudes confidence and can back it up.

@Todem Any thoughts on DCRC? It’s an SPAC for Solid Power which appears to compete directly with QS and has Ford and BMW as backers. Sounds like they might actually be a little ahead, hard to tell. They say that in early 2022 they will have batteries coming off of their test production line. I know VW was testing things with QS but I’m searching it looks like 2024 is when QS is expecting pilot batteries off of a production line. Since they said 2024/2025 is when they want to start commercial production I don’t know if the 2022 vs 2024 is apples to oranges. Also, I don’t know the tech well enough to know if they are doing the same thing or if one is far more advanced.

The SPAC isn’t popping much on the news so wondering if the folks that told you about QS have an opinion on the new company.

2 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Really like seeing VGAC/23andME pick up steam ahead of next week's conversion. 

Will the ticker symbol for VGAC turn into ME, or do you have to buy shares of ME once it goes public?

On 6/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, Chadstroma said:

UWMC 

Doing what I knew they would do and I am long term buy and hold still on it. 

They announced that they will price match 15 different lenders by 35 basis points. Most brokers I know favor UWM but will send loans to other lenders when the pricing is just not close enough. 35 basis points is usually the striking difference that they are in. It is not a perm thing but it will gain them a number of loans this quarter. 

I read today that their cost per loan is significantly lower than all competitors. So, they have the advantage of being faster/easier all the time and then have the muscle to be a price leader as well. As the broker channel grows, so will UWM. As interest rates increase and there are rate compressions, UWM will continue to grow. 

I view them more like a tech company that does mortgages than a mortgage company. I think Wall St. is behind the curve and views them as a mortgage company and is pricing them as such. I have added to my position accordingly. 

I need to sell more puts and hope to get assigned...

ETA: Sold 1 put.  I'm a baller that way.

Edited by Sand
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Another almost guy :lol:  I almost pulled the trigger on 6/8 when the stock hit 340 but didn't want to miss out on the MOASS  :rolleyes: 

Fortunately, I only have a few shares of GME.

Also fortunate that I know I don't know #### about individual stocks and only have 3% of my total retirement in play while I (hopefully) learn.  Everything else is in mutual funds or index funds.

I sold half of my position in GME at $325.  Probably the only time in history I kind of timed a move.  Can't tell you how many times I was on the wrong end of those with CYDY. 

So, when do I jump back in GME?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:28 AM, JAA said:

For those on the penny front - consider $PBYA.  Ive been stalking this non-FBG internet guy.  I already gleaned from him NWGC (sold +100%).  This is another he is thinking could pop.

Low market cap, high volume and the stock keeps fluxuating +/- 30%.

I got no idea of this is a 10-bagger or going straight to 0.  Take a look and look YMMV.  Im in 1/4 share and prepared to average down 1 time if needed.

:bowtie:

Up over 40%

1 minute ago, HugeUpside said:

I sold half of my position in GME at $325.  Probably the only time in history I kind of timed a move.  Can't tell you how many times I was on the wrong end of those with CYDY. 

So, when do I jump back in GME?

Personally I’ll probably take another bite if it hits 125 or 130. Anything above that is too risky for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

They automatically convert one for one. 

What does that mean? Half of the stock goes to VGAC and the other half to ME? Isn't there also another ME something or another (23andMe Warrants)?

Edited by simey

4 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Love AMD as well.  Its been stuck for a bit here but it will get going again.  Lisa Su exudes confidence and can back it up.

I’m sitting on a bunch of XLNX waiting for the merge since there is still a 9% discount. It was closer to 15% when the merger was announced.

3 minutes ago, simey said:

What does that mean? Half of the stock goes to VGAC and the other half to ME? Isn't there also another ME something or another?

It will all convert to ME - and the change will be made automatically in your account.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m sitting on a bunch of XLNX waiting for the merge since there is still a 9% discount. It was closer to 15% when the merger was announced.

If I wanted to start a position in AMD would you suggest buying an equivalent dollar amount in XLNX instead?

• Like 1

So it doesn't die an unfortunate death in the penny stock thread, wanted to let you penny lovers know of some shell/custodian plays I jumped into.

QENC - in at .042 - per OTC, although the last update is a while ago, has a low share structure of around 250MM. If that is true, could be a nice rocket ride up. 

ABWN - more of a lotto play - in at .001 (1MM shares, of course). OS is between 4-5B but I've seen others that big move well.

Edited by NajehHejan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

If I wanted to start a position in AMD would you suggest buying an equivalent dollar amount in XLNX instead?

That’s a smart play if you know you’ll hold past the merge which I think was late this year. It’s all stock so no cash conversion. 1.7234 shares of AMD per 1 share of XLNX. A little over $140 while XLNX is at $128. I’ve got 100 XLNX so I’ll get 172 shares and some change.

• Thanks 2

On 6/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, Chadstroma said:

UWMC 

Doing what I knew they would do and I am long term buy and hold still on it. 

They announced that they will price match 15 different lenders by 35 basis points. Most brokers I know favor UWM but will send loans to other lenders when the pricing is just not close enough. 35 basis points is usually the striking difference that they are in. It is not a perm thing but it will gain them a number of loans this quarter. 

I read today that their cost per loan is significantly lower than all competitors. So, they have the advantage of being faster/easier all the time and then have the muscle to be a price leader as well. As the broker channel grows, so will UWM. As interest rates increase and there are rate compressions, UWM will continue to grow. 

I view them more like a tech company that does mortgages than a mortgage company. I think Wall St. is behind the curve and views them as a mortgage company and is pricing them as such. I have added to my position accordingly. 

Oh. And not a bad yield too. 4% or so while I wait. 

• Like 4

Mentioned this stock the other day as I think its about to awaken from a slumber, check out EVFM

We are not the target audience but a non hormonal form of birth control is appealing to a lot of women rather than taking the pill.  

The stock has been battered, was $4 a few months ago now down to a $1.  

Phexxi is a relatively new product (around 6-8 months or so) and they are really starting to market it now.  You need to be watching Desperate Housewives reruns to catch it.

Anyway just saw it made the NY times today with a positive article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/style/what-is-phexxi.html

Nice nugget here from the article here..

"Dr. Meera Shah, the author of a book about abortion and the chief medical officer for Planned Parenthood in the Hudson Peconic region, is one of about 5,400 American health providers who have prescribed Phexxi, according to Evofem. She oversees 10 clinics. “Clinicians have been reaching out to me saying everyone’s asking for Phexxi,” Dr. Shah said. “The demand is there.”

Think this will be at least a double from here in short time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Mentioned this stock the other day as I think its about to awaken from a slumber, check out EVFM

We are not the target audience but a non hormonal form of birth control is appealing to a lot of women rather than taking the pill.  

The stock has been battered, was $4 a few months ago now down to a $1.  

Phexxi is a relatively new product (around 6-8 months or so) and they are really starting to market it now.  You need to be watching Desperate Housewives reruns to catch it.

Anyway just saw it made the NY times today with a positive article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/style/what-is-phexxi.html

Nice nugget here from the article here..

"Dr. Meera Shah, the author of a book about abortion and the chief medical officer for Planned Parenthood in the Hudson Peconic region, is one of about 5,400 American health providers who have prescribed Phexxi, according to Evofem. She oversees 10 clinics. “Clinicians have been reaching out to me saying everyone’s asking for Phexxi,” Dr. Shah said. “The demand is there.”

Think this will be at least a double from here in short time

I seem your post and bought a bunch at a dollar the other day.  Up about 5 percent already. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 1

Decided against RBLX and put my RBLX money into DKNG.  I like both, coin flip I think on which one is better.  I love that Draftkings is the king of their market and online sports gambling is going to get even bigger as it opens up.  Im sure there will be big competitors popping up though  

TLDR onto train draftkings @ $54.36

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Oh. And not a bad yield too. 4% or so while I wait. 

Up 30% right now on a decently healthy chunk since you first starting talking about this one (February).  Happy to buy more at 4%.

:suds:

• Love 2

1 hour ago, KGB said:

Decided against RBLX and put my RBLX money into DKNG.  I like both, coin flip I think on which one is better.  I love that Draftkings is the king of their market and online sports gambling is going to get even bigger as it opens up.  Im sure there will be big competitors popping up though  

TLDR onto train draftkings @ $54.36

@identikit

I still have my shares of NVDA.  I thinks that's what we have together🤑

380 @ $677

• Like 1

@Dwayne Hoover I have followed the thread for a while, but I am very new to investing. After you suggested EVFM the other day I did quite a bit of reading on it that night. The info I found said this should be a 3 or 4 dollar stock. I seen the upper range from 9 to 25 dollars. With all those differing opinions what do you think is it good price to get out or what price are you targeting?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

I seem your post and bought a bunch at a dollar the other day.  Up about 5 percent already. Thanks for the tip. 

I got 2000 at 1.02 earlier today.  Up to 1.08 after hours.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

@Dwayne Hoover I have followed the thread for a while, but I am very new to investing. After you suggested EVFM the other day I did quite a bit of reading on it that night. The info I found said this should be a 3 or 4 dollar stock. I seen the upper range from 9 to 25 dollars. With all those differing opinions what do you think is it good price to get out or what price are you targeting?

Feel like we all have different goals in what a good gain is.  I will say if it doubles, you could sell half and get your entire cost basis out and then just freeroll for as long as you want.

If you wanted to play conservative and take profits at 25-50% though, can't argue with securing profits, especially on a stock that hasn't established itself.

I think it can get back to the $3 range though and perhaps higher.  I had shares already and  I bought more this week.  Definitely plan on flipping the new shares at $2 and maybe before.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Feel like we all have different goals in what a good gain is.  I will say if it doubles, you could sell half and get your entire cost basis out and then just freeroll for as long as you want.

If you wanted to play conservative and take profits at 25-50% though, can't argue with securing profits, especially on a stock that hasn't established itself.

I think it can get back to the $3 range though and perhaps higher.  I had shares already and  I bought more this week.  Definitely plan on flipping the new shares at $2 and maybe before.

If it can get back to $2.55 I can get out even 😁

50 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

I saw the HUGE put position lol

Let's put it this way - last year my current profits on UWMC would have bought a really crappy used car.  Today it would buy a scrapped heap of metal.

So, a reasonable chunk of change.  :thumbup:

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Sand said:

Let's put it this way - last year my current profits on UWMC would have bought a really crappy used car.  Today it would buy a scrapped heap of metal.

So, a reasonable chunk of change.  :thumbup:

I wish you guys would put the stock name in please

On 6/8/2021 at 12:09 PM, Dwayne Hoover said:

Another stock that has been absolutely pummeled that could be poised for a comeback is EVFM.  They make a non hormonal birth control product.  Starting to see more commericals now for their product Phexxi.

It was closer to $4, a few months ago now just barely over a $1

HC Wainwright has put a price target of $4 on it as of yesterday, think it rebounds.   The CEO is presenting at a conference this week

Added some at $1.02, thanks 🍻

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Doesn't seem unreasonable honestly.

The CEO bought 50,000 shares today BTW and the CFO did too for 25,000

Good.  Usually when I see a recommendation here I'm only going in for $100-$300.  3 out of 4 times when I buy the price drops, so I like to leaving room to DCA down.  Eventually the stock bottoms like UWMC and I can add enough to actually make money on the bounce back.  In the case of UWMC I had over $10k of it, but I'm now up 20% plus dividends and 10% profits on shares sold.  If it runs like SE, I'll buy the dips on the way up.  I'm up 63% on SE despite owning shares in the $260s and have banked 20% profit.

I added 50 more shares of EVFM tonight after hours based on your post which is my 3rd buy.  I would have hit it harder, but I usually make bad buys AH and think tomorrow might offer and opportunity closer to $1.

I know, bigger roller.  Currently carrying 164 stocks with 40% in AMZN, CRM/WORK, SE, and UWMC so not a lot of funds to open large positions

• Like 1