What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (30 Viewers)

Egads, yeah....don't EVER do that.  
No kidding. That’s what I posted before, he can let us know public news and one can infer from the video that the CEO has exciting news. The UK thing is something where more than anything I’d love to see it help the PM get healthy because that would help solidify it as a treatment. I know I have shares but while we wait for a vaccine I’m hopeful for a treatment to help and if it’s ours so much the better. 

He will discuss but additional patient were also treated under the EIND.  Looks like interview will be at 245pm EST.

Phase 1 is only for safety.  EIND stands for Emergency Investigational New Drug.
Thanks for the heads up. Stock price up a dime in the past hour.

So humble to leave out that "k" and not make me feel poor.  Thanks, man.  
:lmao:

I seriously bought 50 little shares.  Have had no cash in my account and I'm too stupid and stubborn to sell the gold/silver ETFs that murdered me, so I've been riding with no cash since this all started.  But, I got a small dividend payment and figured, what the hell?  Let's gamble on Chet!

Meh.  CEO did as well as he's able but interviewer stumbled around and wasn't prepared IMO.  Probably very confusing for anyone not familiar with the story.  
Definitely part of it, stuttering questions and the accent + less than TV quality video feed.

Meh.  CEO did as well as he's able but interviewer stumbled around and wasn't prepared IMO.  Probably very confusing for anyone not familiar with the story.  
I Agree with the interviewer.  All over the place.  But CEO was able to rally on the last question and explain the best things going on.

WTF Chet! Doesn’t sound like it gave anything new which is too bad. Did he have a chance to talk through the full details of the phase 1 results? That video you linked had him mention exciting news but sounds like he didn’t get a chance. 

I Agree with the interviewer.  All over the place.  But CEO was able to rally on the last question and explain the best things going on.
Yes but they need someone who can communicate clearly and efficiently to get the story out.  Fantastic opportunity that was at least partially squandered IMO.  The CEO is not the right person to be doing these interviews IMO.

One of these days I'm going to set a sell order on CYDY at $3 and then re buy after the inevitable swan dive.   Would love to increase my shares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mancini - Good downside follow through in $SPX - todays high was exact resistance of a newly formed channel (purple in my below chart). This is the big shot for bears - sellers need to take this below the prior high at 2635 now to open more downside. Failure to do so keeps bulls in control.

Someone replied in that thread. with this: How can you tell the difference between a breakout and hitting a resistance in the moment? When the SPX cleared ~~2700, I bought in and thought it was a breakout, imstead it looks like it just hit a resistance. 

This is how bear markets punish. Where we are, right now, it could go either way.

Well it does seem like the models were off. That is a good thing but I suppose a lot of it was due to better following of social distancing which doesn't necessarily help reopen things. I suppose some of the numbers were to scare us. Probably no way to quantify the exact impacts and will likely just lead to people saying this was all overblown. But imagine that could prop the market up in the near-term. 

$SPX trades up 3% or more during the day, yet closes red.

Only days that match.

10/29/2008 
10/17/2008
10/14/2008
10/3/2008
11/6/1974
6/9/1970

1 thing in common - all lower 20 days out.
This is interesting. I'm not a market timer and only play with individual stocks in non-retirement accounts, but I thought the Covid impact was plain to see. Sold 75% of my equities 2/14 (mutual funds) with the plan to buy in at first opportunity (3/16). I avoided a lot of the pain and have caught a lot of the bounce back. I am in full agreement this is a bear market rally and the bottom is not in. I don't think I will get back out. I saved about 25% by avoiding that month. That's more than I expected and more than I deserve. I fully believe though that I'll be kicking myself end of Q2 for not sitting out 4/15 to 5/31 or so.

For the day, the accounts I actually manage:

Up 3.29% (of course this is my smallest)

Up 0.29%

Up 0.09%

Not much but I'll take it

Users who are viewing this thread