What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

This doesn’t seem like a story you lead with if you have more impressive results on the efficacy. This is one of those things you finish with after you prove it does what you hope it does. :unsure:

This doesn’t seem like a story you lead with if you have more impressive results on the efficacy. This is one of those things you finish with after you prove it does what you hope it does. :unsure:
Look I don’t know anything about this and I’m just reading homer message boards but it seems that the safety is a tremendously big deal and the data takes time to evaluate. And there’s this: 

Remdesivir SAE's 21.1% for patients receiving Remdesivir vs 27% placebo.

Leronlimab SAE's 8.9% for patients receiving Leronlimab vs 21.4% placebo.

First, do no harm. - check

Second, help the patient. - pending

a 50% reduction in SAEs is meaningful, don’t get me wrong. Based on the clinical trial setup, that may actually be the news as something like that was the main thing being measured.

hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is saying that. There are just less with the drug. 
Which seems odd to me given that the comparator is a sugar pill.  I doubt any of those SAEs in the placebo group are actually attributed to the actual placebo (at least I certainly hope note).  

The FDA looks for safety first, efficacy second. Though I will say that I thought safety had been established in prior trials so I’m not sure how needle-moving this is.

This was kind of my take...... which is great hit underwealming At the same time.
I’m traveling but if someone goes back and looks at the trial parameters, wasn’t there an overall score they were measuring that totaled the severity of reactions or adverse events?  

Look I don’t know anything about this and I’m just reading homer message boards but it seems that the safety is a tremendously big deal and the data takes time to evaluate. And there’s this: 

But the bulk of the SAEs could have occurred in a few placebo patients.  This study is pretty dang small to draw many conclusions.  It would be like cutting your first round draft pick for a FA after week one.  I was really hoping for some comment on the efficacy.

I don’t know much about this either, just skeptical. It seems like a big deal, but not the news you’d lead with if you’ve got a magic bullet thy kills anything

I don’t know much about this either, just skeptical. It seems like a big deal, but not the news you’d lead with if you’ve got a magic bullet thy kills anything
I’m guessing they don’t have all the data analyzed yet and want to let everyone know it’s safe or option #2 is that it’s a dud and they are delaying that news for now. I’m going with option 1 based off the fact that there is a clear difference in the adverse effects. 

simple math is harder than understanding statistical significance
It's in the ballpark SA.  It's all time high at close was $8.77.  We are basically at the prior decison point if our opening follows Germany.  Many were selling yesterday to lock in profits.  Many others will have the same decision today.

I’m guessing they don’t have all the data analyzed yet and want to let everyone know it’s safe or option #2 is that it’s a dud and they are delaying that news for now. I’m going with option 1 based off the fact that there is a clear difference in the adverse effects. 
WTF did they do all weekend?  It's not like there was a full slate of football games or even MLB to watch.  

It's in the ballpark SA.  It's all time high at close was $8.77.  We are basically at the prior decison point if our opening follows Germany.  Many were selling yesterday to lock in profits.  Many others will have the same decision today.
So, Bass.  Are you looking to sell and then buy back if there's a pullback?  What are your exit and entry point targets if so?

These are solid, positive results. 
They’re positive, but lacking sufficient context/detail to be really good.  Details of this combined with efficacy would be great.

im sure it’s coming but I was hoping to have safety and efficacy today.

You know what also has very few SAE's? Dihydrogen Monoxide

IMO you lead with safety and bury Efficacy when you don't have Efficacy. 

I'll be taking 1/3 of my position down today. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

I hope I'm wrong. 
I'll be doing the same.  I suspect there will be a sharp pullback and choppy trading today.  I'm sure the shorts are primed to pounce.

I hope I'm wrong. 
It’s hard to put a story together about how you can reduce sae’s by half and not also have meaningful impact with efficacy.  The reduction in SAE’s don’t just magically happen.

I hope I'm wrong. 
I don’t know anything about #### in hand monoxide but I’m not sure how the SAEs could be so dramatically lower if there isn’t efficacy. Jmo. 

It’s hard to put a story together about how you can reduce sae’s by half and not also have meaningful impact with efficacy.  The reduction in SAE’s don’t just magically happen.
A drug can’t be safe, but also not have any effect on a particular disease? 

Tylenol is safe, but doesn’t do a thing for reflux 

Jesus, this board is going to be unreadable.

They have the topline, they released the topline.

Topline indicates the drug does not harm the patient.  I know you guys dont give a ####, but that is important.

As the scientists here have pointed out, that does not mean it helps.  However, topline results indicate more than a 50% reduction in SAE's.  Yes? 

Detailed efficacy is to come.  If you think they have the detailed efficacy results and they are ####ty so they are prolonging the chopping block a few days by not releasing them now then you certainly should exit today.

@Whyatt or @Terminalxylem do you see anything positive here?  Would you call these good results or even promising?
To start, everyone knows my thinking related to this company.

This PR looks like spin to me. This isn’t the PR they were hopeful for a week ago. Realize that the death was almost certainly due to coronavirus.

Looks like no deaths in the placebo arm, so the unmet medical need angle for drug EUA is not there.

The portion of SAE in the placebo group is substantially higher, do you think that’s just a coincidence?
It's not a coincidence. SAEs are defined by events such as death, hospitalization, etc.  Obviously a placebo isn't going to cause these types of events (there isn't toxicity associated with a sugar pill).  Thus, the only explanation for the SAEs to actually be lower in the drug group is if the drug prevents these occurrences from happening.  Good news but still need to see the efficacy results for confirmation.  

Here's a chance to break out your skills...

Where do you think think it should trade at today?

Where do you think it will trade at?
I think it open around 8. I think it goes beyond, but many variables besides the stock's value can impact that, including but not limited to: press reaction, short sellers, FED printing money and many others.

These result warrant a minimum of a 20% bump and as crazy positive as the market has been to positive COVID news it could go significantly higher.

This PR looks like spin to me. This isn’t the PR they were hopeful for a week ago. Realize that the death was almost certainly due to coronavirus.

Looks like no deaths in the placebo arm, so the unmet medical need angle for drug EUA is not there.
So you see nothing positive?

Bid/Ask in Germany is $6.85 - $7.20 on very low volume right now 

Not going to be a reliable indicator of US OTC movement. Not sure we see a substantial pop this morning could be wrong. 

Not going to be a reliable indicator of US OTC movement. Not sure we see a substantial pop this morning could be wrong. 
Can you post a link to where you get your quotes.  I noticed my source wasn't updating and google has not been my friend on this one.

Yes, the volume is ridiculously low. Few transactions and several list at 0 shares.

Can you post a link to where you get your quotes.  I noticed my source wasn't updating and google has not been my friend on this one.
Mine has not had an update ina while, either. Unsure of it as a source at this point>

https://www.boerse-berlin.com/index.php/Shares?isin=US23283M1018

Note disclaimer on their page:

OTC-QB and OTC-BB are US-American off-exchange trading platforms. The companies listed there are not subject to the regulations of an American exchange but have to fulfil disclosure obligations towards the American exchange supervisory body SEC. Both markets are therefore accepted as “recognized markets” for secondary listings.

Despite the transparency obligations on the home market it cannot be prevented in all cases that disreputable market participants try to influence trade in fraudulent ways. Regarding OTC-QB and OTC-BB Börse Berlin has made the experience that such influencing may not only take place at Börse Berlin alone, but also simultaneously at the American trading venue.

As always, thanks for your views. If the death in the treatment group was due to Covid, won’t they need to disclose that? 

If you go to Yahoo Finance enter in 296.SG that will give you the 15 min delay price off the DAX.

It’s at 6.20 Euro at the moment or ~ $7.13 USD

so I’d say we probably aren’t rich today based off of this...... but

there have been several days where the DAX trots allong up 5-10-15% then in opens in the US and bang it’s up 25% and rises from there.

Users who are viewing this thread