What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

Read an article where Kramer was saying the restaurant business will change forever towards a takeout model.  Pretty convincing as he's in the sit down business.

Regardless, I'm holding a chunk of Blmn to hit Todem's target and buying chunks overtime it drops 20-25 cents and selling them on the rebound.  This is one of the few non-bio tech stocks that has this type of volatility.  Even the airlines don't bounce as much within a day.
Forever is a long time. Don’t see it. People like to leave their house and have an activity and many people are too lazy to do something interesting most of the time (not excluding myself from that)

Thoughts on the strategy of writing slightly out of the money covered calls on fairly stable (if there is such a thing in this market) high dividend paying stocks like utilities (WMB, PPL, VZ..) to hopefully ~double the effective dividend.

Good idea/bad idea/not worth the trouble?

Thoughts on the strategy of writing slightly out of the money covered calls on fairly stable (if there is such a thing in this market) high dividend paying stocks like utilities (WMB, PPL, VZ..) to hopefully ~double the effective dividend.

Good idea/bad idea/not worth the trouble?
I do it all the time, usually two weeks out if they have weeklies. And like you said, only on stable ones.

My buddy who was in WKHS and then pointed me in the direction of MARK has another. He said this is more speculative than MARK, but (naturally) has more upside. Ticker is AERG and he has been buying in when it hits 0.30, don't know a ton about it - just passing on what he told me.

Any thoughts on LYSCF? 

Lynas Corporation is Australian company that just got a USGOV contract to open a rare earth metals mine in Texas, the only one of its kind outside China. Currently our advanced weapons systems (and lots of other tech) are dependent on China supplying these resources. 

Currently 1.77 OTC
Not to get too technical but from that article am I correct in assuming that it’s not really the case that China has the most rare earth metals but they do have the most mining of it. Seems like there are places in the US to do it just not the capabilities or maybe even as important the lack of EPA type guidelines?

It’s always nice when the two biggest movers on my stock watch list are actually ones I own. Hate watching huge moves for stuff I watch and don’t own. SEDG and CRNC keeping me in the green today.

SPCE getting whacked after a no revenue, bigger loss report. Not shocking at all, probably a bit more downside as well. Ran up 50% in a few days after a new CEO announcement a couple weeks ago.

I do it all the time, usually two weeks out if they have weeklies. And like you said, only on stable ones.
@Lacey That said, make sure there’s no earning reports right before expiration if possible. I forgot to do that and my usually stable O is moving up pretty hard today. I should still be fine but suddenly it’s close!

Just halted at $19.56.  Wish I hadn't been pinching pennies and had backed up the truck.
What’s the deal with the multiple tickers and different % moves on each?

Seems like there’s electric vehicle companies just flying out of the woodwork after TSLA’s run up. Be fun to see how many of these guys go belly up in a couple years. Just like the biotech craze with anything CV related. Just like all of the alt coins and just like all of the dot com bombs of 20 years ago.

Day trading and very short term, have fun, but as gentle reminder to younger folks I always bring up search engines from the days of yore. There were dozens of them and many worth multiple billions during the late 90s, early 2000s. None of them are even relevant or around now. Google came along and IPO’d in 2004 and the rest is history. Sometimes the first mover wins (Amazon, Netflix, Apple), but when the early market is really crowded (Tesla clearly first mover) most, if not all go away. In this case, I’d give Tesla the huge lead and also say that I wouldn’t count out the existing auto companies. I’d bet, however, that 95% of these new companies stock prices will decline a lot.

SPCE getting whacked after a no revenue, bigger loss report. Not shocking at all, probably a bit more downside as well. Ran up 50% in a few days after a new CEO announcement a couple weeks ago.
I think the bigger issue was the 20m share offering last night. Stock was actually slightly up after earnings report came out before the offering. 

What’s the deal with the multiple tickers and different % moves on each?

Seems like there’s electric vehicle companies just flying out of the woodwork after TSLA’s run up. Be fun to see how many of these guys go belly up in a couple years. Just like the biotech craze with anything CV related. Just like all of the alt coins and just like all of the dot com bombs of 20 years ago.

Day trading and very short term, have fun, but as gentle reminder to younger folks I always bring up search engines from the days of yore. There were dozens of them and many worth multiple billions during the late 90s, early 2000s. None of them are even relevant or around now. Google came along and IPO’d in 2004 and the rest is history. Sometimes the first mover wins (Amazon, Netflix, Apple), but when the early market is really crowded (Tesla clearly first mover) most, if not all go away. In this case, I’d give Tesla the huge lead and also say that I wouldn’t count out the existing auto companies. I’d bet, however, that 95% of these new companies stock prices will decline a lot.
Just sold off half for a 60% gain in one day.

I think the bigger issue was the 20m share offering last night. Stock was actually slightly up after earnings report came out before the offering. 
Yeah, no idea why it would be up at all after that report. The bigger loss basically said we'll need to dilute to raise more cash because we’re spending more that we thought.

Just sold off half for a 60% gain in one day.
Oh don’t worry, my long term note was 100% not for you! Day trading stuff like that is where it’s at due to the huge fluctuations. Long term, many of them are donuts.

By the way, holy LVGO rocket ship. Kicking myself for only buying 100 shares at $60 instead of 500 at $20 in March. Just very glad I didn’t keep avoiding it since it went up so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently my BLMN training order DIDN'T Trigger. Got lucky.. still rolling. 

EDIT: Closed at 11.125 for a hair under 7%. Love the onion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
HGEN... we still hodling this turd? :lol:  

AAPL still go up. 🔥 

GBTC giving some gainz back. 

Still sitting on JPM/DFS despite them sucking. 

Thought on this ongoing gap between growth/value that the keep chattering on about? 

is there an ETF to capitalize on that projected regression by Growth to get back in line with value? 

Dumped a while back. Want to get back in but hesitant to buy this high. 😕 
They report on the 18th. Maybe people will sell the news? They’re going to have to absolutely crush it to justify this move. Although this thing could be well above $150 by then.

Think I may buy more amazon today. They absolutely crushed that report last week and are only up 3% since then. Seems like a bargain even at that price. 

[icon] said:
Thought on this ongoing gap between growth/value that the keep chattering on about? 

is there an ETF to capitalize on that projected regression by Growth to get back in line with value? 

It’s just chatter IMHO until we get back to normal. When the non-growth stocks have rough earnings and the growth companies (at least the ones I’m trying to be in) have great earnings, it’s hard for me to see a rotation point.

I do think that some of these growth stocks are getting frothy but I think this environment we are in isn’t going away yet. In some cases there are some permanent shifts. I wouldn’t sell a WFH stock for an airline stock right now regardless of chatter.

The General said:
SE in full locomotive mode. Why didn’t I load up on the dip.
No idea. One of my big misses. I’m pretty sure it popped up on my radar last year but I think I forgot to put it on my watch list and then I let the it’ll dip cloud my vision. As someone told me, you can’t own them all.

And that's a question I need to answer.

I'll add more, but how much more?
Yeah, I don't know. I just started a position in what, early June/late May? And it's already close to my Apple position. I think this is in such an early stage but I'm already in pretty deep. But if it turns into what I think we both believe it will...

I guess I need a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread