What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

Took my first foray into crypto last week getting into ETHE at my BIL's urging. Dipped some after I bought it but big day today, I assume due to it being the last day to get in before a 9/1 split.

Also feeling like I timed my entry into PTON pretty well, getting in when it dipped to 100 last month. Steady climb upward since and in my opinion the surest bet among my holdings to run another 20% first half of 2021. They will crush it this holiday season. 

Nice to be green for once on a red day overall. 

For you gamblers (literally and figuratively) I present:  Playgon.  PLGMF is your US ticker.  We're in this one pretty heavily and I've followed along personally.  I have a crush on one the female dealers but that not why we here!  Actually, that may be why I'm here.  

Anyhow, another penny stock that could fit the bill for some of you.  $0.47 cents a share currently, I think this thing could be HUGE.

or go to zero.  NOBODY KNOWS*

*We're betting on huge.  No pun intended.  Outstanding management pedigree, best in breed technology and did I mention really hot dealers?  

Took my first foray into crypto last week getting into ETHE at my BIL's urging. Dipped some after I bought it but big day today, I assume due to it being the last day to get in before a 9/1 split.

Also feeling like I timed my entry into PTON pretty well, getting in when it dipped to 100 last month. Steady climb upward since and in my opinion the surest bet among my holdings to run another 20% first half of 2021. They will crush it this holiday season. 

Nice to be green for once on a red day overall. 
LOL...bought it at $100 and watched it drop to $50.  Day traded my way out to only a 20% loss.  Good luck to you, just be aware it can crash in a hurry.

Thanks. I've been forming a position with PayPal for that reason. Sounds like this is a purer crypto play?
Pretty much a crypto play but better than buying a specific currency IMHO.  Tom Lee says it could go 10X...when he says something like that I usually react and usually do pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
For you gamblers (literally and figuratively) I present:  Playgon.  PLGMF is your US ticker.  We're in this one pretty heavily and I've followed along personally.  I have a crush on one the female dealers but that not why we here!  Actually, that may be why I'm here.  

Anyhow, another penny stock that could fit the bill for some of you.  $0.47 cents a share currently, I think this thing could be HUGE.

*We're betting on huge.  No pun intended.  Outstanding management pedigree, best in breed technology and did I mention really hot dealers?  
He is pretty cute, don’t blame you for having a crush. That said, I don’t like the volume at all. $6k total traded today. Wouldn’t want to make an investment that was close to one day of action. You could want to get out and not be able to. BEEM was a great pick but it’s always had more than enough volume to get in and out when needed.

I don’t like the volume at all. $6k total traded today. Wouldn’t want to make an investment that was close to one day of action. You could want to get out and not be able to. BEEM was a great pick but it’s always had more than enough volume to get in and out when needed.
399,827 shares were traded today so that's close to $200,000.  Still small.  Playgon's symbol has changed from PLGMF to PLGNF.

In, thanks 👍
Keep in mind that these units will end up turning into 1 share of stock and 1/4 of a warrant, so make sure your allotment is divisible by 4 so you have full warrants and no fractional ones  (can’t exercise them otherwise). Might not even be able to trade them, not sure. But as long as you have 4 quarters you’ll have a full warrant.

eta: looks like it’s moving a bit AH, might have gotten in just in time.

Keep in mind that these units will end up turning into 1 share of stock and 1/4 of a warrant, so make sure your allotment is divisible by 4 so you have full warrants and no fractional ones  (can’t exercise them otherwise). Might not even be able to trade them, not sure. But as long as you have 4 quarters you’ll have a full warrant.

BTW @Don Hutson THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO HAACU

I did notice that but a good reminder. Appreciate the heads up on this SPAC. I've been trying to get into the ones with good leadership like BTWN/VGAC/etc

Hi. I am dumb enough to try and like "look at the financial statements" (silly me, it's 2020, I know). What gives on the revenue? Is there some sort of consolidation accounting/reporting I don't understand? 

He is pretty cute, don’t blame you for having a crush. That said, I don’t like the volume at all. $6k total traded today. Wouldn’t want to make an investment that was close to one day of action. You could want to get out and not be able to. BEEM was a great pick but it’s always had more than enough volume to get in and out when needed.
DEAL.V is the Canadian ticker. Traded nearly 400K shares today.  Relatively new position for us but the last time I watched the same PM get ginned up over an iGaming stock it was Amaya 7-8 years ago when Amaya was a penny stock with high aspirations.  Like I said, this is for guys that like to gamble.  Amaya paid off handsomely for those that took the flier on it way back when I mentioned it.  This thing could go #### up or.....or maybe not? Odder things have happened.

PLGNF?

Nice. Something must be up
Or it caught the eye of something like r/wsb. PLTR ran up because of retail love and not really any news. They haven’t had any earnings report and had one deal announced (after a large run up) but they sell stuff so a deal is normal business operations.

If a stock catches the “hot” label there’s a lot of money that can jump in whether there is news or not. Maybe therapeutics are in vogue?

Another big jumper premarket I saw was the BTWN SPAC. I meant to buy some but I’m assuming the merger was announced? I didn’t see any real news.

Rumors it’ll be Tokopedia
I should have bought but might still be willing to although the article I looked at said they were considering it not that it was a done deal. They look to be similar to SE’s e-commerce platform (not all of SE) but that would be an interesting long term buy.

Nice. Something must be up
Eli Lilly just bought a company that doubled their price. The name is Prevail Therapeutics and while I think it’s in a different space, retail money can be follow the leader/all boats rise together so might be a little rub off onto other small biotechs.

Rumors it’ll be Tokopedia
You told us about this one, right? I need to start a note to keep track of who gave what tips lol. Healthy jump but I like the long term play with this one so I'll probably only sell a tiny bit and cross my fingers we found the next SE for $11 🤞🤞

You told us about this one, right? I need to start a note to keep track of who gave what tips lol. Healthy jump but I like the long term play with this one so I'll probably only sell a tiny bit and cross my fingers we found the next SE for $11 🤞🤞
This one wasn’t me. Looks like a good one potentially but I have so much $SE I don’t want another e-commerce play in that part of the world.

Typical HGEN, up early and then immediately drops off.  Weird stock
AHs trading is a lot of speculation. Especially with a smaller stock. Usually premarket is a better indicator that after market but unless it’s a large company with a decent amount of volume, it’s can end up like this.

It was @tonysmiles who first mentioned them.

Going to be a Spactacular day. I think the only spac not up is the one Bezos is heading up
Hey, he’s adding money to my wallet.

On a side note, what an effing ride MDB has been. Had the early year dip like everything else but stuck in that low 200s for a while until the last earnings and blew up to 344 today.

$RIDE  $RIDEW

@LordstownMotors CEO Steve Burns & @CampingWorld $CWH CEO Marcus Lemonis to Make Special Announcement at Joint Press Conference

WHERE:  Lordstown Motors Corp West Administration Building 2601 Ellsworth-Bailey Road SW Lordstown, OH  WHEN:  Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4Pm est
Electric RV?

I built my short term RIDE position back up a bit while it's been under $20.  I will be ready to sell if this news creates a nice jump though, maybe start setting some limits around the $22-23 range.  RIDE filed an S-1 on 12/4 after markets closed for the warrant conversion and seemed to have affected their stock price.  I have not seen an update to that yet and if the SEC approved or when they can be converted.  Following other new SPAC conversions, there seems to be a dip when the warrant exercise dates hit because of dilution.  DKNG comes to mind and it hasn't got close to ATH since.  I'm no pro so maybe I'm misunderstanding how that works, but I will begin selling RIDE, again, and not be holding out for $30+ on the short run.

Dipping a little into MRNA below $150 here.  Pretty sure the stock has already priced in FDA approval but hoping for maybe a retail buy bump then.   

I can walk away from my $10 HGEN call options just a hair shy of 100% up on them.  Going to see what the end of day action looks like but likely going to sell before close.

Part of me wants to hold for a big score but this is already a home run and I still own shares on top of this.

Can't look a gift horse in the mouth?  Always take even money at the blackjack table?  Think its some combo of that and I shouldn't get too greedy but man if it is isn't tempting. 

I know everyone gives back in their own ways, and I know not everyone is comfortable giving to someone they "know" from the innerwebs. But I also know many of the people in here have had banner years, and there are few causes I respect as much as this one. What bigbottom and his wife have done to help other people in their son's memory is remarkable to me.

If you can swing it, and if you're so-inclined, please check it out. If you can't or have your own ways of giving, no sweat. Not trying to pressure people. Just spreading the message for those who may not venture outside this thread much. TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread