What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

Some I hold, some I trade. I understand what Tesla is, I have stops on it so I’ll make my money no matter what. I just don’t adhere to any sort of old school fundamental standard. The market doesn’t care so why should I. Things have changed dramatically with the robinhood crowd and so my thinking has changed with it. 

Same thing when we discussed Disney 4-5 months ago and you were a strong sell and I was a strong buy. There is no one playbook anymore. 
I never said there is one playbook.

But there are better playbooks then others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lomez said:
Just follow the rules. It's not that hard. Not sure what's wrong with these people.
Rules don't matter, you see what's happened with the election and cerification today. LoL

I actually stated several times tonight watching coverage, "What's wrong with these people?!"

bshell27 said:
Anyone else excited about the COBCF 50% day?  I am close to 1/3 of my original investment.  
Wow didn’t know it was that big. I’d be thrilled just to get my money back here. Been sitting on it forever. 

One of the things id like to improve on this year is portfolio management/cleanliness.  I imagine many of you have multiple accounts like I do (401k, iras, taxable, etc) and it gets burdensome to look through them all and I’m certain if my investments were more organized I’d benefit from it.  

Do any of you have specific strategies you follow?  Long term stuff only in taxable accounts?  Boom or bust home run plays in Roth to avoid taxes if it takes off?  Set it and forget it mutual funds in certain accounts so that you don’t look at those very often?    Deploy all your free cash from tax advantages accounts first and leave free cash in taxable account so that it’s only used when there’s a great buying opportunity? 

Roblox doing a direct listing instead of an IPO now. If they come out like Palantir, meaning a reasonable price, I might have to back up the truck.
Thanks for heads up and glad to see you survived the PSF last night.  Kind of lost track where Roblox was at with going public.  I'd like to get in on this one too assuming it doesn't get too insane.  But this makes me think it will be crazy.

Roblox valued at $29.5 billion in Altimeter, Dragoneer funding
Bloomberg link

Thanks for heads up and glad to see you survived the PSF last night.  Kind of lost track where Roblox was at with going public.  I'd like to get in on this one too assuming it doesn't get too insane.  But this makes me think it will be crazy.

Bloomberg link
It's a festivus miracle!

Yeah, the value is high. To put it into perspective from your article: "The company was valued at $4 billion in a $150 million funding round in February that was led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz."

Less than a year later it's $29 billion.

It's a festivus miracle!

Yeah, the value is high. To put it into perspective from your article: "The company was valued at $4 billion in a $150 million funding round in February that was led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz."

Less than a year later it's $29 billion.
So it's basically followed the same growth trajectory as Tesla?

So is TRUFF going to explode or implode after the halt?
Should go up if I understand what I'm reading which is entirely questionable. Looks like Eight Capital bought some shares at around .25 which is slightly higher and warrants exercisable at .38.

Roblox doing a direct listing instead of an IPO now. If they come out like Palantir, meaning a reasonable price, I might have to back up the truck.
This game has taken over my household so I don’t know whether to avoid out of spite or try to make money off it. Highly addictive for kids, but how many of these kids move on once they aren’t home all day with parents trying to keep them occupied?

Anyway, it’s a good concept If anyone isn’t familiar. They let players develop the games and don’t pay them to do it. Game creators develop and market their games to other players and then hope players use Robux (that they buy with real money from Roblox) on their game. If they do, the developers can trade those Robux for a small amount of cash (way less than they cost a user).

Anyone else drag their feet on BLPD waiting for a pullback?  Now I missed a ~15% gain in 3 days.  I suck at investing :lol:   :bag:  
Yep.  I would have played it more as a ST/day trade though.

BLDP is in the ETFs $MOON and $QLCN which I have decent positions in so it's not a total long term miss. 

Anyone else drag their feet on BLPD waiting for a pullback?  Now I missed a ~15% gain in 3 days.  I suck at investing :lol:   :bag:  
For once, I added something right on time. On Monday bought a few of the recommendations from @Todem.  Including this one.   Luckily I had sold some stuff before the long weekend so I had the cash to do it.

Most of the time I'm like you though - I wait and try to be patient and it bites me.   :lol:  

This game cheats. 

Error:(20999) Fidelity is unable to provide the information that you requested at this time. This may be due to scheduled system maintenance or an intermittent outage. Please retry your request at a later time.

Error:(20999) Fidelity is unable to provide the information that you requested at this time. This may be due to scheduled system maintenance or an intermittent outage. Please retry your request at a later time.
I have no problem logging in with the app. But I'm not trying to buy anything.

Not BLPD but I keep waiting for KOPN to pull back. I have a very small amount still but really should have bought more.

Up 15% today. 

I was told there would be a 10% drop if the Democrats took the Senate. 😷
Two weeks ;)

Oil seems to be loving it.  NRGU about to crack my top 10 holdings, short and long holds.  

Any thoughts on Bridgetown Holding BTWN? It's down around 15-20% from where people were touting it the past few weeks. I'd love to lower my basis but can't help but feel like these things are scams. 

Great opening 60 min, lots of recs from this thread popping for me today: GBTC, SI, BLDP, RIOT, IMMR, CRSP 
Yes! Pays to be an FBG.

Alternative energy stuff through the roof as well. Hopefully all the new administration's talk about this area (electric cars, charging grid in particular) actually plays out. 

Good for environment, good for biz, great for Stonks.

Users who are viewing this thread