What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (6 Viewers)

Has anyone ever hosted Jeopardy while Trebek has been host... as a guest host? I can't recall anyone else on the mic.

Just end it after the season. I don't want anyone but Trebek as my host for that show. Always came off like the nicest guy.

Stage 4, pancreatic?? šŸ˜¢ The worst type of cancer. My friend made it 3 mo after diagnosis. 2 years is average. šŸ˜¢
My dad died of it (as did @El Floppo's) many years ago, and I was wondering if in the interim the life expectancy had gone up, given you said a two-year average. Ā When my dad was diagnosed in 1995, it was three months, and when he lived nearly two years it was considered a major miracle. Ā Looking at current expectations, it seems they have NOT changed, so two years is well outside expectations. Ā I'm not sure where you got that, but everything I see is well beneath a year still.

Stage 4 of pancreatic cancer means you have almost no time left. Ā The issue with this cancer is that there are basically no symptoms until it is too late to do anything. Ā The Whipple procedure is almost never available as an option then.

Nicest? Ā He's very condescending IMO.Ā 
He is a very nice guy in my experience. Ā I have a handicapped brother who is obsessed with jeopardy. Ā When he was young they said he would never be able to talk and he taught himself to speak watching jeopardy. Ā We watch the show every day and he plays the host. Ā We went to see jeopardy live and Alex took the time to talk to him mid show. Ā He didnā€™t have to do that but he did and it made his life! Ā 

My dad died of it (as did @El Floppo's) many years ago, and I was wondering if in the interim the life expectancy had gone up, given you said a two-year average. Ā When my dad was diagnosed in 1995, it was three months, and when he lived nearly two years it was considered a major miracle. Ā Looking at current expectations, it seems they have NOT changed, so two years is well outside expectations. Ā I'm not sure where you got that, but everything I see is well beneath a year still.

Stage 4 of pancreatic cancer means you have almost no time left. Ā The issue with this cancer is that there are basically no symptoms until it is too late to do anything. Ā The Whipple procedure is almost never available as an option then.
My dad's prognosis was 6 months. A related embellism took him a week after being told that- on Christmas Eve, before he hold told my brother or me about it.

Sorry about your dad. I meant to write 2 years average non stage 4 cancer. Brain on drugs.. šŸ˜ž

Walking Boot said:
Mario Kart said:
Has anyone ever hosted Jeopardy while Trebek has been host... as a guest host? I can't recall anyone else on the mic.
Jeff Probst used to host the spinoff.Ā 
Dan Patrick does (did?) the Sports spinoff. I think he said on his show that he wouldn't want to do the big show.

Dan Patrick does (did?) the Sports spinoff. I think he said on his show that he wouldn't want to do the big show.
Come on. Ā Do you really think he's serious? He'd jump at the chance if asked. Ā One of the best gigs around.

TrebekĀ mentioned Ben Mankiewicz from TCM as one name when he was asked about aĀ potential replacement not too long ago. Ā I think heā€™d be a solid choice, but I probably watch too much TCM. Ā But hopefully Trebek beats the odds and keeps going until he is ready to retire.

As much as I grouse about Trebek, I seriously wish him well and hope that his treatment provides us with better news than the prognosis right now. Modern Jeopardy! wouldn't be the same without him. Ā 

I'd honestly be pretty surprised if they replace him with a white male.Ā 
I think what they could do is let some of the all stars and fan favorites host each for a week. Ā Then see the fan reaction as well as who is the best. Ā Then go with that one. Ā Would be a cool tribute as well.

i would bet they start grooming a few people as well.

Users who are viewing this thread