What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (12 Viewers)

31 carries and 5 catches.  Pretty much exactly what Bell doesnt want to see happen to himself.  I guess.  Still 25 grand per touch

36 touches.. precisely why Bell sits until week 10/11 (whatever the latest possible game is).

:lmao:  576 touch pace.  576 chances to not be worth $30m++ in 2019.

eta - good chance for Conner to cash in soon as well if he can survive it.

Last edited by a moderator:
2017 Bell vs Cleveland - 10 carries for 32yds (3.2ypc) - 0 TD // 3rec for 15yds - 0 TD :bag:  
2018 Conner vs Cleveland - 31 carries for 141yds (4.4ypc) - 2 TD // 5 rec for 57yds - 0 TD :coffee:  
Cool, one game. Let's see stats at season end. Also, I guess the o-line gets a lot of credit too...

So if Conner looks good, that means Bells success is due the system?  Bell is just an average RB?
It says that it's not all Bell. That the line needs to get some credit. So if a team courting him doesn't have an equivalent line as Pittsburgh, then they can't expect as much production which means they won't pay as much.

It says that it's not all Bell. That the line needs to get some credit. So if a team courting him doesn't have an equivalent line as Pittsburgh, then they can't expect as much production which means they won't pay as much.
I still think Bell will be considered great and will be paid well.  Guess we have to wait a while to find out

So if Conner looks good, that means Bells success is due the system?  Bell is just an average RB?
Bell's vision is about as good as I've ever seen in a RB.  But at some point it's a cost/benefit thing.  As DeAngelo showed previously (and *small sample* Conner today) the drop off isn't that steep between the Steeler starting and backup RBs.  Bell deserves to get paid, but I can see why the Steelers feel it doesn't have to be them doing the paying.

I still think Bell will be considered great and will be paid well.  Guess we have to wait a while to find out
I don't disagree, but his value took a hit today. Instead of trying to top Gurley, he is probably looking at something between DJ and Gurley which is still insane money...

I don't disagree, but his value took a hit today. Instead of trying to top Gurley, he is probably looking at something between DJ and Gurley which is still insane money...
1 game didn't drop his value that much. Now if Connor keeps this up for the majority of these games until he comes back in week 10 then maybe.

I kind of agree with this, but if Conner blows up you have to think it will enter at least a few GMs minds that while Bell is obviously very, very good, the system certainly seems to help. DeAngelo Williams was at the very end of his career and looked terrific when Bell was hurt, so if Connor goes out and is great as well, there's a bit of a trend here.

It was 1 game. 

If Conner can do the same thing over an 8 game span, and just dominate, then yes, I think that would lower Bell's value a little bit. Not a lot, because he's a great 3-down back, but it would show that a player who only costs $600,000 per season can put up similar stats to one that costs $850,000 per game. 

... it would show that a player who only costs $600,000 per season can put up similar stats to one that costs $850,000 per game. 
Most NFL clubs already believe this. It underlies the entire RBBC thing that's been in effect for the last 15 years or so.

Just some interesting past salary figures, for thought and comparison to modern times:

1978:

Running back O. J. Simpson was the highest paid player, at just under $733,400. Fran Tarkenton was the highest-paid quarterback at $360,000.

An annual survey conducted by the National Football League shows that the average salary of an N.F.L. player last season was $90,102, with quarterbacks averaging the highest, $160,037.

In 1980, the average player's salary was $78,657, 14.5 percent under the 1981 figure.

The survey, conducted for the fifth straight year, shows average salaries for eight positions: quarterback, running back, receiver, offensive lineman, defensive lineman, linebacker, defensive back and kicker.

Next in average salary were running backs, $94,948; defensive linemen, $92,996; receivers, $85,873; offensive linemen, $85,543; linebackers, $85,205; defensive backs, $79,581, and kickers, $65,779.

What about after two games (Chiefs next week)?

What about after three games (Chiefs and then the Bucs in week 3)?

Connor done did stole Bell's job.  Believe dat boi.

:mellow:

:excited:
I'll take that bet, boi.

When Bell comes back, Conner won't get the majority of RB touches, like Bell has his whole career.  How much?

I'll take that bet, boi.

When Bell comes back, Conner won't get the majority of RB touches, like Bell has his whole career.  How much?
Be careful with that bet.  If Bell holds out until week 10 he may not even suit up for the Steelers.

I'll take that bet, boi.

Who said I was betting anything?

:confused:

Conner could tear his ACL tomorrow in practice and then Bell could report on Wednesday....I'm not betting any money on this.

DJ money seems about right for Bell
Bell will get more, DJ was forced to compromise, take a team friendly deal and sign for less money than Gurley for multiple reasons: 1) missed all of last season with an injury, 2) he came into the league already old for his position (same age as Bell but only entering his 4th NFL season) 3) Arizona could tag him twice starting next year if they wanted to leaving him going on 29 looking for his second contract.

not sure why PIT offered/franchised him at all. they can clearly just  plug anyone in. they should have just let him go outright

not sure why PIT offered/franchised him at all. they can clearly just  plug anyone in. they should have just let him go outright
They would get literally nothing in return if they rescind the tag. Not even a compensation pick. Zero chance of that happening. 

Even if he comes back in week 10, purely from a depth perspective for the playoffs, they wouldn't rescind it.  And the precedence factor.

Who said I was betting anything?

:confused:

Conner could tear his ACL tomorrow in practice and then Bell could report on Wednesday....I'm not betting any money on this.
Oh, all right.  You seemed so confident with your bold statement, I guess I misunderstood.  My bad.

On a different note; assuming Bell's plan with the refusal to report/not informing Pitt of his decision, etc is to make things harder for Pitt (eat of $14.5M of their cap w/out having a player for that money, made Pitt plan like they'd have him, then have to change on the fly, distraction, etc), if Conner continues to play as well as he did yesterday (obviously not 180 YFS and 2 TD each week, that's impossible), does Bell report, AS A FURTHER MEANS OF CAUSING PROBLEMS?  If Conner is playing great for 3-4 more weeks, then Bell reports, what is Pitt going to do?  Play Bell $9M to be a backup RB?  Force Conner to the bench after he played great for the first month?  Switch their offensive identity into a RBBC, where neither RB gets into a rhythm?

On a different note; assuming Bell's plan with the refusal to report/not informing Pitt of his decision, etc is to make things harder for Pitt (eat of $14.5M of their cap w/out having a player for that money, made Pitt plan like they'd have him, then have to change on the fly, distraction, etc), if Conner continues to play as well as he did yesterday (obviously not 180 YFS and 2 TD each week, that's impossible), does Bell report, AS A FURTHER MEANS OF CAUSING PROBLEMS?  If Conner is playing great for 3-4 more weeks, then Bell reports, what is Pitt going to do?  Play Bell $9M to be a backup RB?  Force Conner to the bench after he played great for the first month?  Switch their offensive identity into a RBBC, where neither RB gets into a rhythm?
Or use both in a 60/40 split like most teams. I doubt they'd be "worried" about adding a top 3 RB in the league. 

Schefter is reporting that "sources say" that Bell could report in September. If he still wants fan support, he'll report the Saturday before the Bucs game. That would cost him 2 game checks, but then he'd be ready to go for the Ravens game. If he skips the Ravens game that would be the point of no return for some fans. 

I can't imagine Bell reporting even if Conner is leading the league in rushing after 4 weeks but your point is interesting for Bell to consider.  I don't know that Bell wants to creat trouble for the Steelers though.   He wants a long term deal and knows it's not happening in Pburgh. 

Users who are viewing this thread