What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (5 Viewers)

Dropped him in my 12 team. Byes are too brutal to hold him. Doubt he comes back 100% this season anyway. Another team scooped him up right away, and will struggle with roster space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what other Reed owners are doing with him, assuming you don't also own Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Eifert, Witten, etc.

Are you holding on hoping he returns sooner rather than later, or cutting bait with the assumption that this latest concussion is going to be a multi-week thing?
Given his history, this is almost certainly a multi-week absence. I can't say whether he'll be effective when he returns, either.

Luckily for Reed, he is on my team where we are limited to 20 transactions for the year. I am now at 6, so I'm actually OK compared to some but with Luck and Steve Smith, it's a bit tougher. I had Gates, so I am OK for now although when healthy Reed has top 5 potential. I'm planning to hold to see when I may need him. If Gates doesn't look good and Reed is still out next week I may have to drop him for someone. Not a lot on the ww in terms of TEs though. The concussion really sucks, he looked really good so far.

Luckily for Reed, he is on my team where we are limited to 20 transactions for the year. I am now at 6, so I'm actually OK compared to some but with Luck and Steve Smith, it's a bit tougher. I had Gates, so I am OK for now although when healthy Reed has top 5 potential. I'm planning to hold to see when I may need him. If Gates doesn't look good and Reed is still out next week I may have to drop him for someone. Not a lot on the ww in terms of TEs though. The concussion really sucks, he looked really good so far.
He must be thrilled

He must be thrilled
He is, called me this morning. I told him to clear up the cob webs and get back out there or else.

He must be thrilled
He is, called me this morning. I told him to clear up the cob webs and get back out there or else.
Sounds good. Let us know anything else about your fantasy team/league you think is pertinent to this thread. Oh wait...

tangfoot said:
zamboni said:
Curious what other Reed owners are doing with him, assuming you don't also own Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Eifert, Witten, etc.

Are you holding on hoping he returns sooner rather than later, or cutting bait with the assumption that this latest concussion is going to be a multi-week thing?
Given his history, this is almost certainly a multi-week absence. I can't say whether he'll be effective when he returns, either.
True.

Nonetheless, I'll hold on to him in case he can get back on the field. I took Reed in the 18th round of a 12-team draft on a whim to pair with Delanie Walker in the 11th round. Walker should provide Top 10 numbers, as long as that wrist injury has healed.

tangfoot said:
zamboni said:

True.

Nonetheless, I'll hold on to him in case he can get back on the field. I took Reed in the 18th round of a 12-team draft on a whim to pair with Delanie Walker in the 11th round. Walker should provide Top 10 numbers, as long as that wrist injury has healed.
I picked up Carrier and decided to keep Reed. He's too good when he plays to just drop him. Shallow bench leagues being an exception, of course.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed remains in the league's concussion protocol.
Reed's lengthy concussion history means he could miss his second straight game in Week 6. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday, when the Redskins return to practice.

Source: Redskins on Twitter
Oct 12 - 3:09 PM

Just snagged him off waivers

Jordan Reed (concussion) returned to Redskins practice Wednesday, getting in a limited session.
Reed was in a helmet and shoulder pads, suggesting he should be ready to return Week 7 against the Bucs after sitting out the past two weeks with his latest concussion. With DeSean Jackson (hamstring) still out, Reed should be stepping into heavy targets if he plays. He'll be back on the TE1 map barring setbacks.

Screwing me one last time... carried him last year almost always injured. Basically played the year without a TE. This year, he comes out like gangbusters, even though I've got Eifert holding down my TE spot.

It's Eifert's bye... I sold Reed to a team full of injuries building for next year. Picked up Carrier just for Eifert's bye week, and guess who returns?

Jerk.

Screwing me one last time... carried him last year almost always injured. Basically played the year without a TE. This year, he comes out like gangbusters, even though I've got Eifert holding down my TE spot.

It's Eifert's bye... I sold Reed to a team full of injuries building for next year. Picked up Carrier just for Eifert's bye week, and guess who returns?

Jerk.
The struggle is real.

Bennett on bye only droppable player I have is Michael. Reed on waivers.....already have Gurley McCoy lacy Freeman and ivory....

Jordan Reed (concussion) expects to return Sunday.
"I’m good," Reed said. "100-percent." Reed is on track to play after sitting out the last two weeks. He’ll be a TE1 for as long as he stays healthy. Reed was averaging nine targets and 70 yards per game prior to going down.

"I’m good," Reed said. "100-percent." Reed is on track to play after sitting out the last two weeks. He’ll be a TE1 for as long as he stays healthy. Reed was averaging nine targets and 70 yards per game prior to going down.
He expects to return but it's not up to him. He's in the concussion protocol and won't know until gameday morning if he's cleared to play. For those who don't remember, one season he had a concussion, kept expecting to be active for weeks, kept suffering setbacks before games, and never did play any more that season.

So about 1-2 quarters of football? Too optimistic?

Not a great week for the add anyway. Bucs have given up the fewest FF points to TE this season - that includes Olsen (2-28) and Thomas (2-20) - and the bye is next week.

He was on a tear earlier this year. Hope he's able to play again soon. How many career concussions has he had, 3-4?

The bucs suck. They've also faced a bunch of teams without a decent TE. Rolling him out there at flex.

I know he's going to have a big game then get hurt yet again, but I'm in - again. The TE cupboard is really barren.

I drafted him late, then when he got hurt i traded for two tight ends (clay and olsen), then dropped him, and now just added him again (bid 58/200) to get him back, and he's in my starting lineup again. This all happened in like a 3 week stretch. And I've owned him all 3 years. I just can't quit this guy.

He expects to return but it's not up to him. He's in the concussion protocol and won't know until gameday morning if he's cleared to play. For those who don't remember, one season he had a concussion, kept expecting to be active for weeks, kept suffering setbacks before games, and never did play any more that season.
The Washington Post reports Jordan Reed (concussion) has received final clearance to return for Week 7.
Reed has missed the past two games. Even if he's listed as "questionable" on Friday's injury report, he'll be ready to go against the Bucs. He's a low-end TE1.

I picked both he and Ebron off the wire this week in one league.

Does double hype equal any production? (likely yes, whomever I sit)

I had him last year and this year, I've had enough of this situation. He gets hit one more time in the head and his career is over, not even sure why he continues to play.

I had him last year and this year, I've had enough of this situation. He gets hit one more time in the head and his career is over, not even sure why he continues to play.
Because Jesus

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/20845/redskins-players-didnt-need-code-red-issued-to-understand-importance-of-bucs-game

Redskins TE Jordan Reed not worried about long-term impact of concussions ASHBURN, Va. -- The future doesn’t register right now for Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed. He’s worried about right now and, right now, he’s ready to return to football. That’s why he practiced Wednesday, running routes against defenders and looking like his old self.He’s coming off his fourth concussion, but his main concern is getting ready for Sunday’s game vs. Tampa Bay. Reed missed the last two games because of the injury -- it’s the third time in the NFL that he’s had a concussion. The long-term effects don’t weigh on him.

“I just leave it in God’s hands,” Reed said. “If that’s what my fate is supposed to be later in life, that’s what it’s going to be. I try not to think about that or dwell on it.”

Two years ago he missed six games because of a concussion. He’ll hear about it from his mother and other family members, but he also knows the alternative to playing isn’t an option.

“My family is real supportive,” Reed said. “They get worried, but I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do. I’m a grown man. I have to make my own choices.”

The Redskins, of course, will be glad to have him back in the game if he can indeed play. Though Reed participated in individual work, he was still unable to take part in team drills. And he still must be cleared for contact.

But when he can return, the Redskins will return a key part of their offense. Reed caught 24 passes with one touchdown in the first four games. He caught nine passes on third down, converting eight into first downs. In the first four games of the season, with Reed in the lineup, the Redskins were fourth in the NFL at converting third downs (46.8 percent). The past two weeks without him, they’ve converted 33.3 percent.

“He’s a mismatch no matter how you cut it,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “You could put a corner on him and then that’ll leave somebody else open. If you put a safety on him, he wins. ... You look at other teams with very good tight ends, when they’re in the game and the problems they cause for an opposing [defense], you can see it.”

Reed would be helpful against any team, but the Bucs like to play certain looks that are conducive to routes the Redskins like him to run. However, he must be healthy. Reed at least feels optimistic because he said this concussion wasn’t as bad as his one in 2013.

He also said he’s 100 percent and that he’ll definitely play Sunday.

“It’s frustrating when I can’t help out the team,” Reed said. “I’m a good player and I can help the team win.”

Well, he's in my starting lineup this week. When he's healthy, he's a TE1, period. Now, will he finish the game? That's always the question, but he's not worth in trade what he's worth in your starting lineup, so you might as well roll the dice unless you have a stud option.

From Mike Jones, Washington Post, a reliable beat reporter.

Defensive end Jason Hatcher (knee), linebacker Keenan Robinson (heel), tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) and left tackle Trent Williams (concussion) all are classified as questionable, as was backup defensive end Stephen Paea (back).
Williams and Reed have been in the NFL’s concussion monitoring program. A person with knowledge of the situation said Thursday night that Reed, who has missed the past two games, and Williams, who has missed one game, have received clearance to play. However, Gruden said Friday the team was waiting for written confirmation of those clearances.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/10/23/chris-thompson-doubtful-trent-williams-jordan-reed-questionable-vs-bucs/

I can't quit Jordan Reed. Picked him up even though I have Gronk and Julius. I can start a TE in flex, so it's not THAT crazy to stash 3 TEs on my roster..... But his production has been so consistent when healthy, he is hard to not hold as a just in case or plug and play when needed

..... But his production has been so consistent when healthy, he is hard to not hold as a just in case or plug and play when needed
Trouble is, he makes an awful "plug and play when needed" because a good half the time he's needed he can't play.

I'd almost rather have him the starter with a good "plug and play" backup...

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed nabbed 11-of-13 targets for 72 yards and two touchdowns in the Redskins' Week 7 win over the Buccaneers.

This was his first game back after missing two games with a concussion. Reed’s six-yard touchdown with 24 seconds remaining clinched the biggest comeback in Redskins history. Linebacker Lavonte David missed his assignment on the play. Reed’s 13 targets were a season-high. He’s clearly been Kirk Cousins' go-to target in DeSean Jackson’s absence. Sunday marked the first multi-touchdown game of Reed’s career. In fact, he hadn’t visited the end zone since Week 1 against the Dolphins. The Redskins will head to Foxboro to play the undefeated Patriots after the bye week.

Oct 25 - 4:55 PM

Yeah i started him at flex and am very happy. But heres the problem with owning him. You cant rely on him as your only TE so you can trade your starting TE if you have a good one (i have olsen). You can play him at flex but if you already have 3 good wrs you have to make tough lineup decisions every week. So the only choices you have with him is trade him but nobody will buy high or keep him on your bench.

Yeah i started him at flex and am very happy. But heres the problem with owning him. You cant rely on him as your only TE so you can trade your starting TE if you have a good one (i have olsen). You can play him at flex but if you already have 3 good wrs you have to make tough lineup decisions every week. So the only choices you have with him is trade him but nobody will buy high or keep him on your bench.
That's the only choice you have. Not everyone else has Olsen on their team.

at this point of the season, are there alot of people with reed as their only TE? That seems so unwise. Most reed owners grabbed a TE like barnidge or traded for one like i did when he got hurt. Now hes back and decisions have to be made.

at this point of the season, are there alot of people with reed as their only TE? That seems so unwise. Most reed owners grabbed a TE like barnidge or traded for one like i did when he got hurt. Now hes back and decisions have to be made.
Not their only TE but he's probably their best TE for a lot of people. I'd play him over Barnridge under most scenarios.

shadyridr said:
Tool said:
If history is any gauge we won't have to worry about those decisions for long.

I am glad I have people like you in my leagues. So I can dominate .... in my FFPC league I got this dude in an early draft in the 19th round and now have a top 100 team thanks to that simple pick up. Yes he will miss games, but who cares....you only play him when he plays. Picking up someone in the 19th round who gets you 15+ pts consistently when he plays is a gold mine. Thank you for thinking emotionally....I love people who "cannot handle" a player who misses games every year. It is all about the price you have to pay to get a player....if you can stash this guy, it is great. In leagues like FFPC where you have 20 player rosters, players like this are the difference between winners and losers.

Users who are viewing this thread