What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (3 Viewers)

shadyridr said:
Tool said:
Yeah i started him at flex and am very happy. But heres the problem with owning him. You cant rely on him as your only TE so you can trade your starting TE if you have a good one (i have olsen). You can play him at flex but if you already have 3 good wrs you have to make tough lineup decisions every week. So the only choices you have with him is trade him but nobody will buy high or keep him on your bench.
That's the only choice you have. Not everyone else has Olsen on their team.
at this point of the season, are there alot of people with reed as their only TE? That seems so unwise. Most reed owners grabbed a TE like barnidge or traded for one like i did when he got hurt. Now hes back and decisions have to be made.
He's my only TE. But I waited on TE and had Rudolph as my starter and just took Reed off waivers last week. So I'm pretty worried if he goes down.

Next game is against NE after the bye. Something tells me Belichick will find some way to guard him. He'll look at the Redskins offense and say, "So, you can't run very well, don't throw deep, and really like to throw the short routes to Reed? Yeah, I'm not going to let you do that. You'll have to find another way to beat us."

Now, if Desean is healthy and playing in that game, then Belichick and his staff will actually have to think about who to take away.

really thinking about dropping jimmy graham and picking him up and starting him over Barnidge. Yet i feel absolutely crazy for even typing that.

really thinking about dropping jimmy graham and picking him up and starting him over Barnidge. Yet i feel absolutely crazy for even typing that.
What is the outlook for Barnidge w/Manziel behind center?I'm keeping Barnidge in over Reed as of now.

In the weeks Reed and Graham both played, Reed outscored him (PPR) in four of five weeks. Barnidge's worst game of the season was the Manziel week. Doesn't seem crazy. I'm still leaning toward Clay, though.

What is the outlook for Barnidge w/Manziel behind center?I'm keeping Barnidge in over Reed as of now.
You're playing Barnidge tomorrow night in Cincy?

:oldunsure:

That seems...bold. Bold is the word I was looking for.
LOL! Yeah, you were looking for it because it isn't the first word that you stumbled over.

I agree.

Agreed, I think the Patriots expend more energy and resources Sunday trying to limit DJax and the running game, Reed is in for another big game even if he doesn't find the end zone (which I wouldn't count on).

don't overthink this fellas. reed will be putting on his reflective vest and picking up all the garbage in the second half. 7-114-1

Told ya it wasn't serious.

Jordan Reed (knee) is practicing Wednesday.
Reed allegedly suffered a knee sprain Sunday against the Panthers, and was announced as out for the remainder of the game before returning in the fourth quarter. It suggests the issue was very minor. Reed has a mouth-watering matchup against the Giants' dreadful defense against tight ends in Week 12.

So he sprained his knee or his MCL? How affective will he be?
since he came back in to the game... and followed that up with a wednesday practice, i'm going to say the injury is not going to be a factor for him this week. now, is this low yardage TD dependant version of Reed here to stay? I dont know

Told ya it wasn't serious.

Jordan Reed (knee) is practicing Wednesday.

Reed allegedly suffered a knee sprain Sunday against the Panthers, and was announced as out for the remainder of the game before returning in the fourth quarter. It suggests the issue was very minor. Reed has a mouth-watering matchup against the Giants' dreadful defense against tight ends in Week 12.
Good news,because I wasn't thrilled with starting Witten.

So he sprained his knee or his MCL? How affective will he be?
since he came back in to the game... and followed that up with a wednesday practice, i'm going to say the injury is not going to be a factor for him this week. now, is this low yardage TD dependant version of Reed here to stay? I dont know
With DeSean back to take the top off the defense, I would not be shocked -- I'd be delighted! -- to see a 6-80-1 type of game.

In the first game vs. NYG, Reed had 6-96.

It's a dream matchup. Eight times the Giants have given up double digits (PPR) to TEs: Reed, Tamme, Witten (twice), GCelek, Clay, Gronk and Ben Watson.

Did I mention it's a dream matchup?

So damn good. Can't block anything, gets penalized pretty often, injury prone....don't care, as a pure receiver he's top-5 at the position in the NFL, maybe higher.

In two finals. Have him in one, facing him in the other. Nobody else in the matchup has played yet.

No idea how to feel right now.

Users who are viewing this thread