What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (9 Viewers)

Agree. Im bored with Daeny now. Which sucks because she was one of my favorite story lines for awhile. I get it, shes struggling to learn how to lead and really really wants to end slavery. I just wanna watch her army and dragons go after the Iron Throne.
Khaleesi storyline has always been the 2nd most boring to me behind the wall (which has gotten much better now). I'm just glad to have this show back though. The worst of the GoT scenes are still better than anything else I've watched this year.
Wait, Bran was more interesting to you than those 2 plots? :shock:
Forgot about Bran since he hasn't been on yet this year. Definitely the worst.
I read something that said Bran will not be in this season at all.
That is correct. No Bran/Hodor.

That just means that when he shows up next season people will be all "who's that awkward pubescent kid talking to the trees?"

What power? He has no army or dragons. He has a couple plots of land in the middle of the map, right? In the song of Ice (North) and Fire (South), doesn't he really just have a couple of pretty powerful chess pieces but nothing more powerful than that for himself?

I didn't say that he had a lot of power now, but he looks to be trying to do so. Doesn't he technically control the Vale and those troops? I think he is still lord of Harrenhall, although that has been probably passed off. IF his play was to marry Sansa that would give him the northerners technically too. If these people will help him is one thing, but that would give him as much power/troops as anybody we have seen yet. I would bet he was also able to secure a bit of money for himself as master of coin.A lot of good dragons have gotten Dany. She cant even control one damn city.
Not sure what pull Littlefinger would have in the North with Stannis trenched in pretty deep with a huge troop and control of the wall right now. Winterfell is in shambles and the Red Wedding aftermath has that Stark following pretty decimated, doesn't it?

What do you think is going to happen with the dragons? I have to think that they'll eventually be controlled and they'll be large, ticked off and wreaking havoc. No?

I don't think Littlefinger has any desire to marry Sansa or figure out a way to get more land/power.

I always looked at the series as Littlefinger and Varys playing chess with the realm.
Nice analogy, a chess match. Varys wants peace and what is best for the realm vs. Littlefinger wants chaos and what is best for him, is that how you interpret it?
I guess. I was more thinking that the moves by Varys are sneaky and behind the scenes (letting Tyrian out to kill Tywin) and Littlefingers are chaotic (Joff's wedding). I guess, at the end of the day, they are both driven by different things though.

I wish you folks would just watch the leaked episodes so we can truly discuss what is going on
I would if i didn't have to torrent it. Already have too many warnings for that #### from my provider. :bag:
You don't. There are streaming options available.
Do tell.
I am not sure if posting such links here are appropriate. I will PM you the links. Anyone else who would like the links can send me a PM.

Ill take a stab at it:

I think the dragons will wreck shop until John Snow uses some type of deception to take them down. One injured dragon will survive.

What power? He has no army or dragons. He has a couple plots of land in the middle of the map, right? In the song of Ice (North) and Fire (South), doesn't he really just have a couple of pretty powerful chess pieces but nothing more powerful than that for himself?I didn't say that he had a lot of power now, but he looks to be trying to do so. Doesn't he technically control the Vale and those troops? I think he is still lord of Harrenhall, although that has been probably passed off. IF his play was to marry Sansa that would give him the northerners technically too. If these people will help him is one thing, but that would give him as much power/troops as anybody we have seen yet. I would bet he was also able to secure a bit of money for himself as master of coin.

A lot of good dragons have gotten Dany. She cant even control one damn city.
Not sure what pull Littlefinger would have in the North with Stannis trenched in pretty deep with a huge troop and control of the wall right now. Winterfell is in shambles and the Red Wedding aftermath has that Stark following pretty decimated, doesn't it?

What do you think is going to happen with the dragons? I have to think that they'll eventually be controlled and they'll be large, ticked off and wreaking havoc. No?
I assume the people of the north want to follow a Stark, so just thought they would rally more around Sansa (by proxy, Littlefinger) than Stannis.

In theory dragons are kick ###, but we have seen jack #### come out of that for 4+ seasons now. Seems she is even farther from being able to control them, not closer. Also thought I read an article at some point that said Martin didn't really want dragons in the story, so while being hopeful something cool comes out of it, i am not willing to bet on it.

I wish you folks would just watch the leaked episodes so we can truly discuss what is going on
I would if i didn't have to torrent it. Already have too many warnings for that #### from my provider. :bag:
You don't. There are streaming options available.
Do tell.
I am not sure if posting such links here are appropriate. I will PM you the links. Anyone else who would like the links can send me a PM.
: popcorn:

What power? He has no army or dragons. He has a couple plots of land in the middle of the map, right? In the song of Ice (North) and Fire (South), doesn't he really just have a couple of pretty powerful chess pieces but nothing more powerful than that for himself?

I didn't say that he had a lot of power now, but he looks to be trying to do so. Doesn't he technically control the Vale and those troops? I think he is still lord of Harrenhall, although that has been probably passed off. IF his play was to marry Sansa that would give him the northerners technically too. If these people will help him is one thing, but that would give him as much power/troops as anybody we have seen yet. I would bet he was also able to secure a bit of money for himself as master of coin.A lot of good dragons have gotten Dany. She cant even control one damn city.

I think Winterfell is rebuilt or being rebuilt. Two reasons: 1) The opening credits no longer have smoke coming out of Winterfell. 2) A line that suggested Bolton has taken up residence in Winterfell.

Also note that the niece of Lord Commander Mormont's reply to Stannis was that there was only one King in the North and it was Stark.

As for the dragons... I think the obvious conclusion of everything is an epic clash of white walkers and dragons but this series has a way of avoiding the obvious.

What power? He has no army or dragons. He has a couple plots of land in the middle of the map, right? In the song of Ice (North) and Fire (South), doesn't he really just have a couple of pretty powerful chess pieces but nothing more powerful than that for himself?I didn't say that he had a lot of power now, but he looks to be trying to do so. Doesn't he technically control the Vale and those troops? I think he is still lord of Harrenhall, although that has been probably passed off. IF his play was to marry Sansa that would give him the northerners technically too. If these people will help him is one thing, but that would give him as much power/troops as anybody we have seen yet. I would bet he was also able to secure a bit of money for himself as master of coin.

I think Winterfell is rebuilt or being rebuilt. Two reasons: 1) The opening credits no longer have smoke coming out of Winterfell. 2) A line that suggested Bolton has taken up residence in Winterfell.Also note that the niece of Lord Commander Mormont's reply to Stannis was that there was only one King in the North and it was Stark.

As for the dragons... I think the obvious conclusion of everything is an epic clash of white walkers and dragons but this series has a way of avoiding the obvious.
in the opening credits, i also believe that the Bolton banner is shown at Winterfell as well.

I think Winterfell is rebuilt or being rebuilt. Two reasons: 1) The opening credits no longer have smoke coming out of Winterfell. 2) A line that suggested Bolton has taken up residence in Winterfell.Also note that the niece of Lord Commander Mormont's reply to Stannis was that there was only one King in the North and it was Stark.

in the opening credits, i also believe that the Bolton banner is shown at Winterfell as well.
Did not notice that. Gonna keep an eye out for that.

I think at some point Bran will warg into the dragons and help in the fight against the white walkers.

Last season the weird tree dude told Bran he would fly someday.

Its also possible that Dany or maybe Tyrion (a smart man playing a part in the war to come) will discover the secret to controlling the dragons so Dany can ride them in battle like her ancestors did.

I don't think Littlefinger has any desire to marry Sansa or figure out a way to get more land/power.

I always looked at the series as Littlefinger and Varys playing chess with the realm.
Nice analogy, a chess match. Varys wants peace and what is best for the realm vs. Littlefinger wants chaos and what is best for him, is that how you interpret it?
I guess. I was more thinking that the moves by Varys are sneaky and behind the scenes (letting Tyrian out to kill Tywin) and Littlefingers are chaotic (Joff's wedding). I guess, at the end of the day, they are both driven by different things though.
But it was Jamie who let Tyrion out. I assume he enlisted Varys to help Tyrion escape. Littlefinger seems to make the moves whereas Varys seems to go with the flow and take advantage when the opportunity presents itself. Much more cautious. I don't picture him approaching Jamie to spring Tyrion.

But it was Jamie who let Tyrion out. I assume he enlisted Varys to help Tyrion escape. Littlefinger seems to make the moves whereas Varys seems to go with the flow and take advantage when the opportunity presents itself. Much more cautious. I don't picture him approaching Jamie to spring Tyrion.
Isn't that why Varys joined Tyrion on the boat ride out? He knew once Tywin was killed it would all lead back to him.

Isn't that why Varys joined Tyrion on the boat ride out? He knew once Tywin was killed it would all lead back to him.
I think he was just enlisted to help Tyrion escape. He wasn't planning on getting on the boat. He assumed Jamie would have his back. Once he heard the bells he knew what had happened and figured all hell was about to break out and Jamie might not even be able to protect him.

That's how I took it.

I was under the assumption that little finger was all about marrying Sansa whether it gave him more power or not. I assumed since he never got the mom she's a younger better option now.

have they mentioned Riverrun at all since the Red Wedding? last we saw, Edmure Tully was being carried up the stairs to get his groove on. who's in control of Riverrun now, the Freys? with the Boltons, Freys and Tyrells, the Lannisters have homies all over the map now...

I think the quote that TenTimes had summarizes littlefinger the best.

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.
It seems like his goal is to create as much chaos around him, to have all the great armies tear each other apart, and somehow put himself in the best position to arise for the ashes of everything around him. Not sure where Sansa fits into all that, except the only way she has real power is to be visible in the North again. The North still seems willing to rally around a Stark. That's gotta be his play.

have they mentioned Riverrun at all since the Red Wedding? last we saw, Edmure Tully was being carried up the stairs to get his groove on. who's in control of Riverrun now, the Freys? with the Boltons, Freys and Tyrells, the Lannisters have homies all over the map now...
Didn't the old man Frey say that one his rewards from the Lannisters for the whole Red Wedding thing was that a Frey would be lord of Riverrun? But did it actually happen?

I believe there was a line about Edmure being in a dungeon after his wedding.

Black Fish left before the Red Wedding, presumably alive but not sure how much of the Riverrun forces would be alive.

I guess you could assume Riverrun was part of Frey's reward much like the North was Bolton's given by Tywin in exchange for the Red Wedding. How much is actually in his control? Not sure but at this point it is not important to the main story lines. I do suspect Black Fish will play a role in the future since they made it a point to let us see him leave and go find a tree to pee in or in other words, not die.

Speaking of Tyrell, it's interesting that Olenna's son Mace is now on the Small Council as Master of Coin.

How did he become so trusted by Cercei?

The Lannisters also have lots of enemies.

Speaking of Tyrell, it's interesting that Olenna's son Mace is now on the Small Council as Master of Coin.

Trusted? Not at all. Used.

The Lannisters are broke and desperately need the Tyrell money backing them. Cercei is playing him like a fiddle. She IS the Hand of the King in all but name. Mace was asking to be the Hand. It was very easy to make him feel all important by giving him the Master of Coin position. Makes him happy and she keeps the real power.

The Lannisters are broke and desperately need the Tyrell money backing them. Cercei is playing him like a fiddle. She IS the Hand of the King in all but name. Mace was asking to be the Hand. It was very easy to make him feel all important by giving him the Master of Coin position. Makes him happy and she keeps the real power.
True, but I get a sense that could backfire with Olenna pulling Mace's strings.

True, but I get a sense that could backfire with Olenna pulling Mace's strings.
Sure, Olenna is a 'player' in the Game of Thrones.

Also, worthy to note Olenna's conversation with Tywin regarding the Iron Bank. The Iron Bank is the Lannister's biggest weakness right now. She is in the know.

For the record the opening credits do show Winterfell as rebuilt (not smoking) and with the House Bolton sigel (a flayed X).

I took that to mean Lord Bolton has taken up residence at winterfell and rebuilt it.

I think making him Master of Coin was a way to neuter him. It's a position of respect, he feels good about it, but he's only dealing with money. Doesn't have any decision making authority over things Cersei cares about.

PatsWillWin said:
jamny said:

I think making him Master of Coin was a way to neuter him. It's a position of respect, he feels good about it, but he's only dealing with money. Doesn't have any decision making authority over things Cersei cares about.
I looked at it as though the Tyrells are good with money. This keeps him busy trying to iron out their debt problems. And he seems too dopey to be crafty as Littlefinger was at being Master of Coin and sinking the Lannisters into heavy debt.

Christo said:
jamny said:
shadyridr said:
jamny said:
KarmaPolice said:
jamny said:
jamny said:
Who did Littlefinger propose to? Or was that not really what the scroll said.
Hmmm, thinking about this some more and still wondering from last week where he is taking her. Unless there's a woman that hasn't been introduced yet, I can't figure who he would marry. I think now he has promised Sansa to someone. As her uncle, I guess he would have that authority. I'm not sure who would benefit him most though. It would have to be against the Lannisters. Lots of options.
I think he is heading north with her. Would be farthest away from Cersei, and they don't seem to be trying to pass her off as anybody but Sansa anymore. She is technically heir to Winterfell now, right?

I think 2 messed up situations would be:

1. Sansa + Ramsey

2. In a surprise twist the letter he has is an announcement that he and Sansa are getting married, and he is taking her there to present her to the northerners. He would have control in the Eyrie and the North.

I hope both are wrong and they are going to Riverrun or somewhere in that direction.
She said last week that they were heading west. I was thinking Ramsay...that would be f'd up. Littlefinger said the scroll said his proposal was accepted so I don't think it has to do with the two of them getting together.

Obviously something will come of Jon losing his Snow name and being ruler of Winterfell. Well, if he doesn't die first.
huh? Hes still Jon Snow and now commander of the Wall
Yea, I know. Just thinking it'll happen in the future. I'm just guessing that it wouldn't have come up if there wasn't a chance of it happening down the line.
You can only refuse a King for so long. Throw in the implication he's the guy who can keep the Wildlings in line and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Not when the "King" is viewed by the rest of the North as fugazi. Why would a pardon from Stannis carry any validity with the mindset of the Northern Lords? They partly established that with the letter Stannis got from the Mormot house. If Jon Snow was to accept Stannis' legitimacy...he'd be accepting Stannis as a King.

I really liked the shot when the Unsullied are walking down the street. The camera moves to get in a low position, and you can see the pyramid high in the sky in the distance.

Christo said:
You can only refuse a King for so long. Throw in the implication he's the guy who can keep the Wildlings in line and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Not when the "King" is viewed by the rest of the North as fugazi. Why would a pardon from Stannis carry any validity with the mindset of the Northern Lords? They partly established that with the letter Stannis got from the Mormot house. If Jon Snow was to accept Stannis' legitimacy...he'd be accepting Stannis as a King.
Doesn't Jon Snow kind of accept Stannis as king? His dad died believing that Stannis was the rightful king and trying to put Stannis in power.

That's why Stannis' offer to Jon seemed like a win all around to me. Jon Snow gets what he always wanted, and gets to finish what his dad died trying to do. As far as Jon knows, Stannis is the rightful heir. His sense of honor and doing what's right is similar to Ned's, so I see no reason why Jon wouldn't fully endorse Stannis as king of the 7 realms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chadstroma said:
Chadstroma said:
Amused to Death said:
I wonder if we'll have a Rickon/Asha sighting at all this season.
Wait.... it just dawned on me.... isn't the Mormont stronghold where they were headed? Likely the Stark the neice of Mormont was referring to was Rickon.
Yea, I am realizing I am likely late to the party on this.
When and what was said here? I believe I missed this part.

Chadstroma said:
Chadstroma said:
Amused to Death said:
Wait.... it just dawned on me.... isn't the Mormont stronghold where they were headed? Likely the Stark the neice of Mormont was referring to was Rickon.
The last we heard, Rickon and Osha are heading to the Last Hearth, home of House Umber - one of the northern houses that is loyal to the Starks.

(I had to look this up, its from the Rains of Castemere (red wedding) episode, and is a departure from Rickon and Osha's storyline in the books.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chadstroma said:
Chadstroma said:
Amused to Death said:
Last 3 pages has been pretty much all book stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread