What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mike Glennon, NYG (1 Viewer)

Touch deep ball to Evans down the sideline. Perfect crossing route to Murphy in stride. Timing and anticipation out route to ASJ before he made his break. Stick throw to Jackson for the TD. Other throws I'm forgetting. He can make them all. Please just let this kid play and develop.

Don't get to excited people, he was playing against the worst def in history. Trust me I watch pittsturd every effing week.

Don't get to excited people, he was playing against the worst def in history. Trust me I watch pittsturd every effing week.
Regardless of the quality of the defense, Glennon's performance in that situation is what you want to see from a young QB. The offense was struggling early. Dietrich-Smith won't snap the ball. Evans got hurt. Jackson was doubled almost every play. Louis Murphy just got signed back this week.

Glennon didn't let it faze him. He just kept ripping it all over the field to a bunch of guys who weren't even supposed to be playing.

I have zero faith that Lovie and his arrogance will do the right thing here. McCown is HIS guy. He wanted nothing to do with Glennon. The mind tricks they tried to play was embarrassing.

I have zero faith that Lovie and his arrogance will do the right thing here. McCown is HIS guy. He wanted nothing to do with Glennon. The mind tricks they tried to play was embarrassing.
Sadly, I agree with this. Glennon earned the right to start heading into this season, but the regime change wanted "their guy." Glennon once again showed yesterday he's ready to lead this team.

Lovie is probably too stubborn to see it or acknowledge it though.

Sadly, I agree with this. Glennon earned the right to start heading into this season, but the regime change wanted "their guy." Glennon once again showed yesterday he's ready to lead this team.

Lovie is probably too stubborn to see it or acknowledge it though.
Not if McCown gets the surgery

I was a little shocked that Lovie named McCown immediately as a starter. Usually coaches just say "everyone is competing for a job" Or something like that, then start their guy.

Mike Francesa announced on his Sunday morning show that Glennon was the starter for the rest of yr before the game started; as much as I don't like him he has good sources.

"(KFFL)The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not decided if QB Josh McCown (thumb) will regain the starting job when he returns from his injury or if Mike Glennon will keep the job, according to head coach Lovie Smith. Smith said the team will go with whichever quarterback gives them the best chance to win."

:lmao:

Lovie still hasn't figured this out yet. Dude get with it. Glennon gives you 10x the chance of winning that McCown does.

Rotoworld:

Mike Glennon - QB - Buccaneers

Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds writes that Mike Glennon "fully grasped the offense" and "caught up to Josh McCown behind the scenes" prior to the start of the season.

Glennon didn't receive any first-team reps during the preseason, and wasn't given the opportunity to compete for the starting job. Through four weeks, it's obvious he has a better understanding of the offense. McCown has thrown for 420 yards, two touchdowns and six turnovers while going 0-3 with a 65.8 QB rating in two and a half games, while Glennon has 423 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception over the last six quarters. McCown has no guaranteed money beyond this season. Glennon gives the Bucs a better chance to win, and should get the final 12 games to prove if he can be a franchise-caliber quarterback.

Source: Pewter Report

Oct 4 - 5:48 PM

Rotoworld:

Coach Lovie Smith conceded Monday that "odds are" Mike Glennon will remain the Bucs' starter in Week 6 against the Ravens.

"Odds are." Move the offense is something Glennon has actually been able to do, whilst Josh McCown showed zero ability to perform that task in Tampa Bay's first three games. Lovie ought to just come out and declare Glennon the Bucs' starter the rest of the way. Through three appearances, Glennon has a 5:2 TD-to-INT ratio and respectable 87.6 QB rating. Glennon is a far superior option.

Source: Rick Stroud

Oct 6 - 3:51 PM

"(KFFL)The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not decided if QB Josh McCown (thumb) will regain the starting job when he returns from his injury or if Mike Glennon will keep the job, according to head coach Lovie Smith. Smith said the team will go with whichever quarterback gives them the best chance to win."

:lmao:

Lovie still hasn't figured this out yet. Dude get with it. Glennon gives you 10x the chance of winning that McCown does.
that's what I thought at the beginning of the season. Glennon showed alot of spark and promise in his rookie year. When I heard TB was putting McCown at qb i was puzzled.

Bucs almost blew it with a win this week. Gotta get that high draft pick. Need help on the lines. Glennon will be good enough for next year and, beyond that, who knows?

I'm on board so far this season. I see no reason to go back to McCown unless Glennon regresses.

If he continues to play decent this season then the Bucs likely won't be in a position to grab the top QB Winston. I'd rather have a 3rd year Glennon than a gimmick QB like Mariota or Hundley.

From afar, I thought he was good last year.

:shrug:
I agree....don't understand what is going on in TB. The few times I have seen him play he looked very promising.
This franchise, its fans, and the radio personalities have always played musical chairs with the QB. I'm amazed how quickly they'll try to run someone out of town. Doug Williams, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Josh Freeman, and now they're going to work on Mike Glennon.

For some reason a very large percentage of the fan-base is obsessed with QBs who "make plays with their feet." I don't know if it's because we have so many college football teams/fans here or what, but a lot of people in the area think the QB should just run around for first downs. Who cares if they can actually read a defense or anticipate a throw, right?

I've posted it about 10 times in different threads, but Glennon performed admirably last year considering the situation. He had a fantastic TD/INT ratio (better than Luck's rookie year) with very little to work with. He earned the opportunity to start this year. He should have been named the starter going into training camp.

The new regime set back his development and this franchise by signing McCown and naming him the starter immediately. When you have a rookie QB who stepped into arguably the worst situation for a QB imaginable and he plays fairly well you don't sign some journeyman bozo to start for you the following year. If they didn't like Glennon they should have traded him and drafted someone.

He was terrible last year. Almost every advanced/analytical statistic showed that but most people are still hung up on TD/INT ratio as if we are still stuck in 1993.

I'm happy he is playing better so far this season.

He was terrible last year. Almost every advanced/analytical statistic showed that but most people are still hung up on TD/INT ratio as if we are still stuck in 1993.

I was more impressed with what he was able to do considering the situation. If he had the same statistics after being named the starter in training camp with access to better surrounding offensive talent all year I'd be singing a different tune.

So far, with better players around him in 2014, his statistics have improved drastically. Granted, the defenses he has faced (all on the road however) are considered less than stout. Sunday will be his first real test.

I was more impressed with what he was able to do considering the situation. If he had the same statistics after being named the starter in training camp with access to better surrounding offensive talent all year I'd be singing a different tune.

So far, with better players around him in 2014, his statistics have improved drastically. Granted, the defenses he has faced (all on the road however) are considered less than stout. Sunday will be his first real test.
Yea I pretty much agree. I have this same argument with a close friend of mine literally 3x a week so I'm used to it by now and have heard every angle. Hell you may even be him. Haha.

He does look real good so far. Hoping it continues.

What starting QBs does Glennon have more mobility than?

Off the top of my head,

-Carson Palmer

-Joe Flaco

-Cutler

-Romo

-Peyton

-Eli

-Cassel

-Brady

Last edited by a moderator:
What starting QBs does Glennon have more mobility than?

Off the top of my head,

-Carson Palmer

-Joe Flaco

-Cutler

-Romo

-Peyton

-Eli

-Cassel

-Brady
I think he moves great inside the pocket. Stepping up. Shuffling left/right. It may not always look pretty, but he can move. I heard them (Big Dog and Joe Bucs Fan) making fun of him on their radio show for the pass he dropped in to Jackson after rolling left. I'm just thinking to myself, "The guy made a play with his feet and then completed a pass. Isn't that what you want?! Isn't that why you have this huge hard on for Johnny Football?!" Ridiculous.

He throws really well on bootlegs to the right also.

sometimes you have to trust the eyeball test

Was able to get him in a lot of leagues this season, including 2 QBers so I'm happy. IMO it was a complete joke that he wasn't starting along.

Sounds like all weapons systems are hot. Interested to see (on DVR of course ;) ) how Glennon performs against a better defense at home with his full arsenal of targets.

Here's to hoping they don't mess up their shot at a high draft pick by getting a win ;)

Seriously though, I'm hoping Glennon plays well enough to be the starter next year, so they can fix their lines with their high draft picks this year.

Here's to hoping they don't mess up their shot at a high draft pick by getting a win ;)

Seriously though, I'm hoping Glennon plays well enough to be the starter next year, so they can fix their lines with their high draft picks this year.
This is where I stand. They need OL/DL help pretty badly so it sure would be nice if Glennon were the answer.

I know it might sound a little silly, but they aren't out of it. It's not like anyone is running away with this division. Granted, they do already have 3 losses in the NFC South, but they've been extremely competitive in these last two games on the road.

If the defense could get off the field once in a while they'll win some games. The offense has done a complete 180 with Glennon at QB. Different level of defense on the field today, however.

Rotoworld:

Mike Glennon - QB - Buccaneers

Mike Glennon completed 19-of-28 passes for 171 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Bucs' Week 8 loss to the Vikings.

He added three carries for 13 yards. On Tampa Bay's opening drive, Glennon badly telegraphed an interception to Captain Munnerlyn on a pass intended down the right sideline. The Bucs stayed fairly even with Minnesota in time of possession, but neither team generated much offense in the 19-13 affair. Glennon is just a two-quarterback-league option in fantasy. Tampa Bay will take on Cleveland in its next game.

Oct 26 - 5:45 PM

I'd love to see what this guy could do if he wasn't running for his life every play.
We have. He can make all the throws when he has time.

But, they'll draft a QB with the top 3 pick they'll inevitably have, ignore the problems on the line or throw band-aids at them, the new guy will get killed and disappoint, the head coach will get fired, the fans and media will turn on the young QB, and they'll be drafting another one in 2018. Rinse, repeat.

I'd love to see what this guy could do if he wasn't running for his life every play.

But, they'll draft a QB with the top 3 pick they'll inevitably have, ignore the problems on the line or throw band-aids at them, the new guy will get killed and disappoint, the head coach will get fired, the fans and media will turn on the young QB, and they'll be drafting another one in 2018. Rinse, repeat.
This is all possible, except for the part about Glennon being good. Did you see his interception yesterday? You could have yelled PULL and shot it out of the sky.

This is all possible, except for the part about Glennon being good. Did you see his interception yesterday? You could have yelled PULL and shot it out of the sky.
I did. It happens. That was a duck. Matt Ryan threw an atrocious one directly to a Lions' defender without a Falcon in sight.

Spend a few of these early picks on some offensive lineman and watch the offense suddenly be successful. Just ask Tony Romo how much easier it is to play great offensive football when you have a bunch of first round picks blocking for your skill players.

Tampa hasn't spent a first round pick on an offensive lineman since Davin Joseph in 2006 and they haven't used anything earlier than a 5th rounder on ANY offensive lineman (Kadeem Edwards this season) since Jeremy Zuttah in 2008. From 2009-2013 they didn't draft any offensive lineman AT ALL. Think about that. It isn't always the quarterback.

Tampa hasn't spent a first round pick on an offensive lineman since Davin Joseph in 2006 and they haven't used anything earlier than a 5th rounder on ANY offensive lineman (Kadeem Edwards this season) since Jeremy Zuttah in 2008. From 2009-2013 they didn't draft any offensive lineman AT ALL. Think about that. It isn't always the quarterback.
Woah, that's pretty scary. How can you not invest in a single Olineman in all that time?

Users who are viewing this thread