What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (2 Viewers)

solorca said:
I've been trying hard to sell him. I'm hoping that this big game will help to make that happen, but so far the interest in my league has been cold at best. As it stands he's my WR3, so it's not terrible...but I simply don't trust him week to week.
Same here, though with Julio gone I'm pretty reliant on him now. Can't get any takers - seems like one of those guys no one really wants. Admittedly it's tough selling anyone carrying injuries and not performing that well.

For the sellers:

You have a proven stud WR who is currently a WR1 in a 12 team league (WR 12 in my .5 PPR) while battling hamstring problems. He's the #1 option in a WR friendly vertical passing offense with a decent enough QB to get him the ball effectively.

Granted, he has a tough matchup this week if he plays, but after that he has Atlanta following a 10 day layoff and his bye week to rest up. The schedule looks pretty great after the bye other than a matchup with Seattle in week 16, which if I make it there I'll gladly figure out what to do with Fitzgerald at that point.

Larry Fitzgerald's latest hamstring injury is to his right leg, and he could "barely bend over" in the locker room following Sunday's loss to San Francisco.
His early-season hamstring strain was to Fitzgerald's left hammy. Fitz gutted out six catches for 117 yards and a touchdown against the Niners, but he's clearly well short of 100 percent. He could really use a bye. Unfortunately, the Cardinals are faced with the opposite as they square off with the Seahawks on Thursday Night Football this week. Their bye is in Week 9.
So Fitz is on a short week vs. SEA battling a hamstring injury to his right leg now. Who's rolling the dice (I'm not).

Larry Fitzgerald's latest hamstring injury is to his right leg, and he could "barely bend over" in the locker room following Sunday's loss to San Francisco.

His early-season hamstring strain was to Fitzgerald's left hammy. Fitz gutted out six catches for 117 yards and a touchdown against the Niners, but he's clearly well short of 100 percent. He could really use a bye. Unfortunately, the Cardinals are faced with the opposite as they square off with the Seahawks on Thursday Night Football this week. Their bye is in Week 9.
So Fitz is on a short week vs. SEA battling a hamstring injury to his right leg now. Who's rolling the dice (I'm not).
Me either. I hope he decides not to play and rests it.

I thought we did this last week? Eventually you'll be right.

Other than last year, Fitzgerald historically torches the Seahawks in Arizona.

Larry vs. the Seahawks @ home:

2004 - 4/73/1

2005 - 8/102/1

2006 - 7/79/1

2007 - 7/87

2008 - 5/130/2

2009 - 7/73/1

2010 - 7/91

2011 - 9/149

2012 - 4/63

I did last week, but I don't think I will this week. After watching him play last week, I think I got lucky. I should not have started him. I'm glad he'll have 10 days to rest up before the next game. He needs it.

Larry vs. the Seahawks @ home:

2004 - 4/73/1

2005 - 8/102/1

2006 - 7/79/1

2007 - 7/87

2008 - 5/130/2

2009 - 7/73/1

2010 - 7/91

2011 - 9/149

2012 - 4/63
It's a good history, but the current Seahawks defense weren't around for a majority of those. I'll probably play him, but I am not expecting much at all.

Eventually I'll be right? You're making it seem as if Fitz had been a no-brainer play all year when that's clearly far from the case.He had performed poorly all season long coming into games with a "questionable" tag, he injured his hammy again, SF had been stingy versus the pass, he statistically hadn't performed well vs. SF over the past 6 games or so and ARI's #### offensive lines and Palmers subsequent poor play had people wondering if their passing attack garnered any real fantasy value at all. Regardless of the outcome, statistically it was the correct call.

Eventually I'll be right? You're making it seem as if Fitz had been a no-brainer play all year when that's clearly far from the case.He had performed poorly all season long coming into games with a "questionable" tag, he injured his hammy again, SF had been stingy versus the pass, he statistically hadn't performed well vs. SF over the past 6 games or so and ARI's #### offensive lines and Palmers subsequent poor play had people wondering if their passing attack garnered any real fantasy value at all. Regardless of the outcome, statistically it was the correct call.
He's WR12.

He's WR12.
You either just traded for him and/or haven't been paying even the most remote attention to his situation this year.

Good news at least, he's listed as probable this week.

Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) is listed as probable for Thursday night's Week 7 tilt against the Seahawks.
Fitzgerald practiced each day this week and will be all systems go against Seattle. He'll be a WR3 against the Legion of Boom at less than 100 percent.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's WR12.
You either just traded for him and/or haven't been paying even the most remote attention to his situation this year.

Good news at least, he's listed as probable this week.

Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) is listed as probable for Thursday night's Week 7 tilt against the Seahawks.
Fitzgerald practiced each day this week and will be all systems go against Seattle. He'll be a WR3 against the Legion of Boom at less than 100 percent.
Proud owner since 2009. I know his situation. It has him WR12 going into week 7. :shrug:

If Kendall Wright can get 5 for 70 in seattle, then Fitz should be able to gut out something similar in Arizona. The problem is if you're expecting anything more than that you're getting your hopes up.

I don't think (don't really know this) Seattle will dedicate an extra defender and instead rely on Sherman to man up Fitz one on one. A healthy Fitz can beat him one on one, but obviously that's in question. Seattle's defensive philosophy is similar to SF's, but Fitz isn't not going to bust another 70yd TD. Take that away from last week and you're left at about 5 for 50.

My take is that realistic expectations should be about that, 5 rec 60 yds 0 TDs. If you've got someone who you think can put up better #s than that by all means play them over Fitz.

Wanted to bump this to see where everyone stands. Fitz is active.

Are people rolling with him tonight? I may have no choice tbh.

Wanted to bump this to see where everyone stands. Fitz is active.

Are people rolling with him tonight? I may have no choice tbh.
After reaching out for a lot of help in the AC forum and Raider Nation's thread in the FFA I am playing him over Terrance Williams and others.

I think I may have been giving SEA a bit more credit than they deserve fantasy wise. Some of these stat lines surprised me..

S. Smith - 6/51/1 (likely his best game of the season)

Shorts - 8/143/0

A. Johnson - 9/110/0

Hilton - 5/140/2

Boldin was completely shut out and R. Wayne had a mediocre night (5/69/0) but I wasn't expecting season highs when perusing WR stat line versus them.

starting with confidence
Starting with cautious optimism. The 12 targets on Sunday, the long reception and his ability to play again four days later make me think he's in decent shape, and that Arians feels good enough about where he is to chuck it at him non-stop.

I think I may have been giving SEA a bit more credit than they deserve fantasy wise. Some of these stat lines surprised me..

Shorts - 8/143/0

A. Johnson - 9/110/0

Hilton - 5/140/2

Boldin was completely shut out and R. Wayne had a mediocre night (5/69/0) but I wasn't expecting season highs when perusing WR stat line versus them.
I noticed this earlier today myself. I still think Fitzgerald struggles, but it gives me a little hope.

I have no choice but to start him and I'm hoping for 10 PPR points. Anything more and I'll be happy.

Starting him over Jordan Reed in my W/T flex spot. Nervous but hopefully he guts it out. Part of me would rather sit him.

I'll also note I traded for him in my league after Julio Jones went down and I desperately needed a WR. Traded Willis McGehee and Lamar Miller for him before last weeks games.

Shorts - 8/143/0

A. Johnson - 9/110/0

Hilton - 5/140/2

i looked up FO's numbers vs #1 and #2 WRs and Sea has had trouble stopping them (they destroy TEs and RBs in the passing game). Starting Fitz in a couple leagues with some confidence.

Shorts - 8/143/0

A. Johnson - 9/110/0

Hilton - 5/140/2

I noticed this earlier today myself. I still think Fitzgerald struggles, but it gives me a little hope.

I have no choice but to start him and I'm hoping for 10 PPR points. Anything more and I'll be happy.
I remember that HOU/SEA game being a bit odd but if AJ could grab 75% of his target for 100+ yards with whatever injury he was likely ailed by that week, why can't Fitz? I actually noticed a lot of the WR1's had some decent catch rates vs. SEA as well. If Fitz sees the targets again..

Honestly, my real question is, what the hell has Sherman been doing this whole time? He shut down Boldin but that's about it. The spectrum of WR1 production seems to span from mediocre-great vs. SEA (discounting the game vs. Boldin). On paper, the match-up just doesn't seem that imposing (or as imposing as I originally assumed).

Little bleacher report blurb..

On routes in man coverage against each other last season, Richard Sherman came out on top of Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald only beat Sherman four times on 17 routes run, but Fitzgerald doesn't need to create separation to beat defensive backs. It wasn't a fair fight last year between the two because Fitzgerald didn't have a quarterback who would trust him to go up and get the ball.

Carson Palmer has struggled to start the year, but he played very well in 2012 and if he can recover some of that form, then Fitzgerald could cause some major problems for Sherman.

Not sure how confident I am but starting Fitz over S. Smiff. Any word from the field on how Fitz is looking?

I see the terrible box score. Hows he look though?
Palmer has been under heavy pressure all game and has no time to throw. Hen he does throw he has been inaccurate and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Fitz and the rest of that offense has no chance unless Palmer has a clean pocket and time to throw.

He looked hurt and Palmer had no time to do anything. One of these things should improve but even so I don't see WR1 numbers from here on out.

He's got some pretty good matchups after his bye week. Hopefully he's all healed up by then. There's still a few good games left in Fitz this season.

Can't believe I drafted this guy :(
But he's the #10 overall WR!

I haven't seen variance like this since VJax was on SD. I started him in one league and sat him in another to mitigate risk. Still, I should have known better.
Only the top 24, the following WRs have more inconsistent fantasy scores than Fitz (counting his night tonight) this season alone: Desean Jackson, Dez, DT, Cruz, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffrey, Anquan Boldin, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson.

He had no explosion at all. The one INT that was thrown in his direction was actually a great play by the defense. It had the potential to be a nice gain and the throw was perfect the defense just made a great play. Sherman wasn't shadowing Fitz either, Fitz was sent in motion all night and I noticed the Seahawks bumped him at the line most of the time and it seemed Fitz never got ANY seperation after contact.

The defense was swarming but Fitz looked slow and injured.

The only thing saving him in fantasy terms so far this year are his 4 TD's. His yardage numbers are very mediocre. He is on pace for another sub 1000 yard season. Definitely not WR1 type production.

Users who are viewing this thread